Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NXT TakeOver: War Games II - November 23, 2019 - Card & Discussion

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT TakeOver: War Games II - November 23, 2019 - Card & Discussion

Shock to save you time, the men’s war game match was the women’s version but longer and duller. a match more about getting gifs over on twitter than anything else.

I’m not saying the show sucked, but I think this is comfortably the worst takeover in years. I really felt the lack of variety in style last night.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Ghana

However, Kevin Owens his return last night to NXT was even more shocking but it makes me wonder if Owens is now a part of NXT's Men's Survivor Series team?

WAKE UP

Status

Show was OK. Enjoyed the top 3 matches but I can say with confidence now we're in the 3rd year of this show that WWE just doesn't get what made WarGames special in WCW.

There is no need for these matches to go 20 minutes after everyone is in the match. WWE's prop-based violence will never top actual good, bloody brawling. I also think it was a bad move to have both WG matches have a big angle in them, even if on their own they were well done. I did love how over Owens was, shows they really missed the boat pushing him as a top guy on one of the main shows.

Women's match was good enough with a lot of strong showings from everyone, bar Shayna who felt absent until the finish. WWE's style of having everyone lay around selling for 10 minutes while other people are the focus was REALLY jarring here. Kai turn was well done and surprising, but I thought the heels looked a bit weak losing 4 on 2.

I skipped the Dunne match, because Pete Dunne and Triple Threats are two things I can comfortably live without. The scene is currently full of agile big men and Keith Lee was in the main event, so I can add Priest to the guys I can live without as well.

Riddle vs Balor was good. Thought Balor was surprisingly decent here, kept up with Riddle on all the mat based stuff and his offence looked really good for a change. Riddle was great, really brings the passion in his performances and lots of cool stuff like the ankle lock spot and Jackhammer. I don't have a huge issue with Finn's selling but it is what it is. Feel like they need to give Riddle a boost after this loss but I get they wanted to have Finn over as a top heel.

Main event, like the womens match, had some strong showings and good stuff, but just went on forever, and is subject to diminishing returns. The flip piledriver to Owens really looked absurd, but the finish was pretty nuts.

On the positive side, they have tonnes of interesting directions to go after this show....maybe too many. They can easily run a bunch of big TV main events between now and the next TakeOver - Shayna vs Rhea, Kai vs Nox, Kai vs Rhea, Cole vs Owens, Cole vs Ciampa, Cole vs Lee, Lee vs Strong, Lee/Dijakovic vs O'Reilly/Fish. Wether they realise that, I highly doubt though.
    Last edited by King Steventon; 11-24-2019 at 11:54 AM.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Shock to save you time, the men’s war game match was the women’s version but longer and duller. a match more about getting gifs over on twitter than anything else.

I’m not saying the show sucked, but I think this is comfortably the worst takeover in years. I really felt the lack of variety in style last night.
    Part of me feels that they should have built the Garza/Rush match to happen on this show to break things up a little.They had more than enough time to give those guys a 10-15 min match and still close the show before the 3 hour mark.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

You aren't kidding. I do think the men's war games was better but still with its problems.

Why oh why do they have two rings if all the talent are instructed to stay in one of our rings at all times? It's been the same problem for all the WWE war games. Look at all this carnage and unpredictability as we all stay in one ring while 6 people lie down, another two fight, until it's time to contrive a big spot. Repeat until the finish. Fuck off.

On the plus side, Matt Riddle is still great and he's definitely a guy I love to watch in the ring.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status
      Country                    United States

Man I’m glad that I can just enjoy these shows and not overthink things like all you guys do. I thought both WG matches were a blast. They entertained me and at the end of the day that’s what I’m here for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status

I disagree and I loved the Triple Threat...

I was not excepting Owens at all.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    Man I’m glad that I can just enjoy these shows and not overthink things like all you guys do. I thought both WG matches were a blast. They entertained me and at the end of the day that’s what I’m here for.
    Good for you but not everyone will be entertained by the same things and might want things to be better than they ended up being.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I'm having deja vu from the game of thrones discussions earlier in the year. It's not overthinking to criticize things and people have different expectations of what they are looking for and what they are entertained by. Much like you could with any game, book, film or TV show.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Good for you but not everyone will be entertained by the same things and might want things to be better than they ended up being.
    I didn’t say they shouldn’t I just said what I’m glad I can enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

I enjoyed last night's Takeover. Was everything perfect? Of course not. It never will be.

One major gripe is the failure to use the two rings. When they have the non War Games matches, why are the talent confined to one ring? Get creative and fight over into the other ring that's at your disposal. It makes no sense as to why they wouldn't. This is the third War Games event and I continue waiting on it.

I did enjoy the matches. Not once was I really disappointed. I understand how it sets up for future NXT events which is what they really needed to accomplish through last night's event. This was not a war on Raw/SmackDown, but a war on AEW. I'm interested to watch NXT through the new year because of last night's show. In that way, the mission is accomplished.

Interested to see what happens tonight as Cole defends against Pete Dunne. I feel Cole retains for Ciampa to get a title opportunity before 2020. And interested to see if Kevin Owens fills a spot on the NXT Survivor Series team.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The Cain Velasquez Chronicle that aired after this show was pretty good, you see Cain training here in San Diego at a local school ran by B-Boy. I've been to a few small shows at the school and it's a good place, and B-Boy is one hell of a trainer. Dominick has also been training there and I haven't actually spoken to him when I've been there, but I've seen him the last few times I've gone.
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 11-24-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

King EC

Status

I definitely think it sucks that some of y'all hate Mauro so much that you can't enjoy the show because of him. I actually find it bizarre. I loathe JR on commentary but I still love every AEW show I've watched. Though I am annoyed by the guy I have no issue pushing that to the side and focusing on the what the workers are doing. So I mean, yeah, if you wanna say Mauro sucks, I get it. But to say he ruined an entire show for you, at that point, I think that's on you more than him.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

Watching TNA's monthly PPVs from the start
    WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History

Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

Indy Talent

Status

So I guess the whole Mia Yim injury was just an angle to build up to Dakota Kai's turn? I thought Kai would turn back when it was first announced that Nox would be the fourth member of team Ripley and that she would be the fourth member of team Baszler. So is KO back on NXT now, and if so what does that mean for Survivor Series? I was a bit surprised that during the time between Adam Cole's entrance and KO's entrance there weren't any "CM Punk" chants. I halfway thought there was a chance he would be the fourth member of team Ciampa, and if that had happened the pop would have been the loudest ever.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    So I guess the whole Mia Yim injury was just an angle to build up to Dakota Kai's turn? I thought Kai would turn back when it was first announced that Nox would be the fourth member of team Ripley and that she would be the fourth member of team Baszler. So is KO back on NXT now, and if so what does that mean for Survivor Series? I was a bit surprised that during the time between Adam Cole's entrance and KO's entrance there weren't any "CM Punk" chants. I halfway thought there was a chance he would be the fourth member of team Ciampa, and if that had happened the pop would have been the loudest ever.
    Thats tonight....

I kind of think hes showing up tonighy

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information