Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: Impact Wrestling on AXS TV Discussion

I'm like a week behind- but I'm just watching some IMPACT and it's been pretty painful viewing, I can't lie. Moose in the opening match. Followed by some backstage skits and then it's Elgin vs Baah or whatever his name is.. Can it get worse? YES.. YES IT CAN. Joey FUCKING Ryan. Dear me.. And he's got Ken Shamrock putting over his dick spot. Unbelievable.

Got to say though- Shamrock is in insane shape for his age. Respect.

"LET ME IN.."

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I'm like a week behind- but I'm just watching some IMPACT and it's been pretty painful viewing, I can't lie. Moose in the opening match. Followed by some backstage skits and then it's Elgin vs Baah or whatever his name is.. Can it get worse? YES.. YES IT CAN. Joey FUCKING Ryan. Dear me.. And he's got Ken Shamrock putting over his dick spot. Unbelievable.

Got to say though- Shamrock is in insane shape for his age. Respect.
    What was so bad about Elgin vs. Bahh?

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    What was so bad about Elgin vs. Bahh?
    I found it boring. I was just waiting for it to end to be honest.

Elgin has never appealed to me and the last time I seen Bahh he was a kind of a comedy character so it just didn't appeal to me. It was okay, I guess.

The opening Moose match was probaly the issue- dude is so bland and boring. Then I turned it off after the Joey Ryan match pretty much. Maybe I'll watch the rest later.

The North seem to have come on leaps and bounds mind from the last time I seen them. Decent promo.

"LET ME IN.."

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I found it boring. I was just waiting for it to end to be honest.

Elgin has never appealed to me and the last time I seen Bahh he was a kind of a comedy character so it just didn't appeal to me. It was okay, I guess.

The opening Moose match was probaly the issue- dude is so bland and boring. Then I turned it off after the Joey Ryan match pretty much. Maybe I'll watch the rest later.

The North seem to have come on leaps and bounds mind from the last time I seen them. Decent promo.
    I agree on Moose and Joey Ryan but yeah... I quite liked Elgin vs. Bahh. A lot more than I expected to.

And FWIW, this week's Impact was way better than last week's episode that you're watching. Honestly, I would say just throw in the towel on that episode and check out this week's instead.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I agree on Moose and Joey Ryan but yeah... I quite liked Elgin vs. Bahh. A lot more than I expected to.

And FWIW, this week's Impact was way better than last week's episode that you're watching. Honestly, I would say just throw in the towel on that episode and check out this week's instead.
    Haha! Okay!

Last week's episode is recording tonight so I'll just watch that instead :D Thank you.

"LET ME IN.."

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Well.. I watched IMPACT again..

...AND IT WAS PRETTY GOOD! :D I enjoyed a lot of the show.

The X-Division opener was really fun and a good start to the show.

I loved the promo's with that Swinger dude. I chuckled when he called Ken Shamrock the new kid on the block and the whole "hazing" was really funny and came across well. I also loved the RVD promo. Who's that lady too? DAAYYUUMMM.. I could watch more of her Haha! It worked well. Two really good segments on the show.

First time I've seen Daga and he looked decent with a lot of potential. They talked about him being another protegee of Konnan and if so, I'm surprised he wasn't at ringside with him. Either way I could easily see him becoming X-Divsion Champion in the future.

The Su Young stuff has me a little intrigued. Though I'm not overly keen on Havok.

Tessa & Swann vs Sami & Fulton was good. It felt like the ME to me but the actual ME was decent and enjoyable enough too!

The commentary is crazy too, sometimes it has me scratching my head and then other times I'm into it and often laughing at the verbal exchanges. Never had that experience with a wrestling show before Haha! Good episode!

"LET ME IN.."

Status

Impact Wrestling Preview
    November 19, 2019

Looking at the field in the Elimination Challenge tonight

Looking at the Field in the Elimination Challenge Tonight as one of these 6 athletes will challenge Sami Callihan for the World Championship at Hard to Kill on January 12th in Dallas, TX.

Who will it be? Former World Champion Brian Cage?

How about the AAA standout Daga?

Then you have Rich Swann who never backs down, never stops and has the heart of a lion!

Michael Elgin came to IMPACT to become World Champion!

Moose is the best multi-sport athlete, is he next in line to challenge for the World Title?

And you have Tessa Blanchard. What will she prove tonight?

Don’t miss your chance to see what happens tonight on IMPACT Wrestling!

Grace vs. Taya and Valkyrie

Tonight on IMPACT Wrestling it will be Grace vs. Taya and Bravo. Jordynne Grace wants the Knockouts Championship and can prove she deserves it tonight. Can Taya Valkyrie along with John E. Bravo avoid Grace?

Taya and Bravo and Mr. Mundo better have a plan tonight!

Fourway tag team match tonight on Impact

There will be a Fourway Tag Team Match Tonight on IMPACT featuring teams looking to jockey for position to challenge The North for the World Tag Team Titles. The Desi Hit Squad vs. The Deaners vs. The Rascalz vs. The Reno Scum and every team knows what is at stake.

Which team will secure the win? Who will make a case for challenging The North for the World Tag Team Titles? Find out tonight.

Status

Opening tag match was really fun stuff but I suspect these fans must have been burned out at this point of the tapings because they really showed no appreciation for all the high spots that were going on. A lot of the time, I watch Impact matches and I think “damn, if only this was taking place at Full Sail”, because that crowd would be a lot more into what they’re doing. Ah well. The Rascalz won which is good because I have no interest in the other three teams in this thing. Post-match Trey runs out to help defend his buddies against Reno Scum, but of course Ace Austin is lurking in the wings and lays Trey out with a loaded backfist. No doubt there’s a six man tag coming in the near future with The Rascalz vs. Reno Scum and Ace Austin, which should be a pretty decent match.

I really enjoyed Jordynne Grace’s performance in the handicap match. She looked like a star in the making for sure. I thought it was great when she was just manhandling Bravo and the commentary team were laughing their asses off. Good match to boost her stock and it seems like there’s a 99.999% chance she’s facing Taya at Hard To Kill for the title. I would be all for putting the belt on her.

That bastard RVD promised to appear on Impact this week but decided not to after partying too hard. What an asshole.

And they’re really getting on with this Su Yung storyline now. James Mitchell has found her but Rosemary isn’t going to let him pull his usual shit with her. It’s times like these I am reminded I have literally no understanding of The Undead Realm storyline.

The result of the main event was never in question but it was a fun ride. Disappointed that Moose took Daga out in the first portion of the match. Moose is legitimately one of my least favorite guys on the roster, while Daga seems like a surefire future main eventer. A win here for Daga would have been great for his stock. But alas. At least Swann got the upset on Moose. Good for him. Elgin vs. Swann was definitely the best stretch of the match to me. Booking Elgin to get himself disqualified out of frustration was a great idea. He looked like a monster, destroying Swann and the sight of Swann bleeding from his mouth was a great visual and really just the icing on the cake. I think he probably should have been wiped out by Cage faster but eh. It all came down to Cage and Tessa who also had an excellent back and forth. The crowd came to life for this one and for good reason. I thought the way they booked Tessa to just be this pest that Cage couldn’t avoid was really good. She picked up the win with a big counter into a sunset flip and now the stage is set for Callihan vs. Blanchard Round 3… this time with the Impact World Championship on the line. Really looking forward to that!

Good episode this week. I’d say the main event definitely carried it for the most part because the rest of it was kinda just meh. But they definitely ended it on a high note and now they just need to go ahead and pull the trigger on making Tessa the World Champion in January! I’m very eager to see how next week’s episode goes down, since they’re doing the Throwback Throwdown and the hype promo they played for it looks amazing. Doesn’t look like they’ve uploaded it to their YouTube channel yet but I’ll be sure to post it once they do.

Status

Impact Provincial Wrestling Federation Preview
    November 26, 2019

IPWF Coming Tonight

It is going down tonight on IMPACT Wrestling. IMPACT Wrestling Presents: Throwback Throwdown on the final Tuesday night before Thanksgiving for a night of nostalgia unlike anything we have witnessed before. The International Commonwealth Television Championship will be on the line in a Loser Leaves Town Match. The Rough Riders will be in action and much more! How about a Body Slam Challenge? That will happen as well.

Tonight, it is the early 1980s and life as we know it may never be the same again.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Interesting episode of Impact, was pretty damn fun though. Silly, and a complete one off, but it was fun, and thats increasingly something that Pro Wrestling doesn't deliver thesedays with so much convoluted and forced garbage.

n o t o r i o u s

Status
      Country                    Canada

Tessa's promo was definitely the highlight for me, just had me cracking up.

Whole episode was fun, definitely didn't regret taking the time to watch it.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    Tessa's promo was definitely the highlight for me, just had me cracking up.

Whole episode was fun, definitely didn't regret taking the time to watch it.
    I wasn't sure if it was just me being a Tessa mark, but yeah she did really well in that promo. Really delivered.

Status

Impact Wrestling Preview
    December 3, 2019

Cage clashes with Edwards on Impact

Former World Champions Brian Cage and Eddie Edwards do battle for the first time ever. The World Title match for Hard To Kill may already be set in stone, but this match will be crucial for both men if they want to be considered for future title opportunities. It’s safe to say that the rabid IMPACT Wrestling fans in the Melrose Ballroom will be split right down the middle as these fan-favorites tear it down Tuesday night.

ODB returns next week on Impact

Get ready because ODB is making her long-awaited return to IMPACT Wrestling this Tuesday. We’re unaware of what the former Knockouts Champion’s intentions are but wherever ODB goes, she ensures that she’s noticed. Could she have her eyes set on the longest-reigning Knockouts Champion of all time, Taya Valkyrie? Only time will tell.

Ace brings backup against Rascalz on Impact

Before Trey challenges Ace Austin for the X-Division Championship at Hard To Kill on January 12th, the two take to the ring for six-man tag team action on IMPACT. Trey will be joined by his fellow Rascalz Dez and Wentz while Ace fights alongside hired guns Adam Thornstowe and Luster The Legend of Reno Scum. Momentum is everything on the road to a title defense. If Trey can somehow pin the reigning X-Division Champion before Hard To Kill, all the momentum will be his. What role will Trey’s mother play in all of this? Watch IMPACT this Tuesday to find out.

Next week on Impact: Go inside the mind of RVD

While the majority of the roster is clamouring for a spot on each and every loaded edition of IMPACT, Rob Van Dam has seemingly given his up after he spent the last several weeks on vacation with his girlfriend Katie Forbes. Now, the new attitude RVD has decided to return to IMPACT this Tuesday to speak his mind. What will the Whole Dam Show have to say in New York City?

Status

Just got done with this week's show!

Really solid triple threat to kick off the show. Having someone interfere in a singles match and turning it into a triple threat is definitely a move out of WWE's playbook but it's fine when used sparingly. I felt like Eddie was the star of this match by a long shot. I'm positive that I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this Tommy Dreamer Jr. shit ain't it. Go back to "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards with the tights and faux hawk. Not really the biggest fan of Elgin winning. He probably would have been my last choice actually. I like the guy pretty well but he hasn't been so hot lately in the ring and I think both Edwards and Cage were more worthy of the W. Also, completely no-selling a German Suplex is such a Michael Elgin move.

The Rascalz vs. Reno Scum and Ace Austin was another good match. The ending stuff with Ace hitting on Trey's mom and causing him to take his eyes off the prize wasn't as impactful as you would hope but it told the story it needed to. Watching The Rascalz I really wonder what the future holds for them. They're a great group but also three of my favorite individuals in Impact. They're young, exciting and very endearing. I would be very surprised if they don't end up moving up to AEW or WWE… or even going overseas to NJPW. Whatever the case, I expect them to move up through the ranks but I'm really curious to see which guy, if any, turns out to be the breakout star. Trey has the best look and is arguably the best showman of that squad. Dez also has a great look and charisma. Wentz actually feels like the sleeper of the group. He doesn't have a particularly special look, but he has kind of a punk rock vibe. To equate them to The SHIELD, Wentz sorta feels like the Moxley of the squad. Not the best look, not the best moveset, but he has that certain X Factor going for him. Anyways… that'll be interesting to see how that plays out as the years go by.

I was very doubtful that Johnny Swinger in Impact was going to be worth anything but I have to say, as the weeks go by, I'm really enjoying his segments. Matches? No, not so much. But he's a really funny character to me and as long as he, and Joey Ryan for that matter, remain in the midcard, I'm all for their continued presence on the show.

I could kinda say the same for RVD. He's been excellent as a heel so far. He's a very believable prick. The sooner this feud with Rhino ends the better though. We've seen this ECW stuff more than enough already.

There was a time in my life I quite liked ODB but I've definitely grown off her. Having said that, it was nice to see her being welcomed back into Impact and knowing Impact were going to donate the proceeds from this taping to helping her get a new food truck is pretty cool. Gotta respect that move. She actually showed she can still worn a fairly entertaining match, even though it was 80% hijinks. Not too sure about her pinning Taya, even if it was a surprise roll up off a distraction. I can live with it, only as long as Jordynne Grace also pins Taya at Hard To Kill to become the champ.

I'd have to say this week was really good. Better than the past few weeks before this, perhaps. Overall Impact has maintained a really solid quality for their weekly programming these last few months. I can say that Impact is without a doubt a better show than Raw and Smackdown on a week to week basis. Always a couple of good matches, good promos and character work, and maybe most importantly… it feels like the workers are really just enjoying what they do. It's not overly polished. It has its faults because of that, yes. But to me, wrestling doesn't need to be super corporatized and heavily scripted the way Raw and Smackdown so obviously are. This show has heart and it's easier to have fun watching it because it feels like everyone involved is having fun making it, rather than trying too hard to hit their marks and recite lines that have been fed to them. I'm really loving Impact these days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information