Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The GOAT Promos Thread

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: The GOAT Promos Thread

Orton can be pretty dry when he's not motivated, but coked out Randy is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by GetDown View Post
    The Original Upload on WWE's Channel.

I mean the WWE version is missing a couple of minutes of the promo...

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Why are you being so anal about this? Do you know the wrestlers make less than pocket change off of media they are included in?

Have to disagree. There are plenty of people who are adults that talk to just like him. He literally blows Miz away on the stick.
    Put it down to personal taste. Jay comes across to me like a 14 year old kid trying waaaay too hard to be edgy and cool. His promo style is just doing what angsty teens think is cool, in my opinion.

I'll take a Miz promo any day of the week over a Jay Briscoe promo, Miz has more range is what he can do on the mic and what sort of promo he can cut. Maybe I just haven't seen them but I've only ever seen Jay cut one style of promo; the angsty teen promo.
    Last edited by ETE; 10-28-2019 at 08:07 AM.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post

I really miss John Cena.

That Eddie Kingston promo on the first page of this thread is tremendous, Kingston is one of the best promo guys in the business imo.
    OK I'm gonna put this out there - am I the only one thinks these types of promos suck? Maybe it's because the matches they lead to bombed but I can't see these as "classic" promos that sold a match like some of the others posted. They both go on and on and on and are trying too hard to get #s.

This is a way better type of the same promo for my money:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY_AQdCNmlU

And then there's this god damn segment - I'm not sure how much it sold the match apart from the final 10 seconds but its 10/10 for entertainment value:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHWBBC50kg

Another Foley great promo - was he the best promo guy of the 90s & 00s? There's an argument. Also worth watching that Orton actually sells being afraid of Foley after the promo. In 2019 they'd probably have the heel laugh it off as dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiZuJSfVTR4

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

The Cena and Reigns promo is my least favourite promo that I can remember in recent years. Kalisto's "good lucha things" is a better promo than that.

I love that Foley promo from the Orton feud. The whole feud is full of great promos but that one is the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yiNtjBQFSE

Piper is so so good in this segment.
    Last edited by Shock; 10-28-2019 at 04:05 PM.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yiNtjBQFSE

Piper is so so good in this segment.

Status
      Country                    United States

It's almost a shame that we didn't get more heel Shawn after his un-retirement.

Regardless of how you feel about the worked shoot-ness of these promos leading up to SummerSlam, Shawn Michaels was really owning it on the mic.

In an era where losses no longer matter and wrestlers will come out all smiles after being screwed out of titles, two promos springs to mind selling the results of something terrible that had been done to them. While Steve already posted Jake Roberts' post-match interview from This Tuesday in Texas, one of my favorite promos ever, I'm also a massive fan of Randy Savage's post-match interview.

(Starting at 2:01)

Technically speaking, Savage won his match, but his reaction is geared entirely around Roberts slapping Elizabeth. Savage was already a guy who often seemed crazy, but he's completely lost it. He is a broken, distraught man who delivers this incredible threat to Roberts where you believe he truly wants to kill Roberts. Those two post-match promos are my favorite ever for post-match reactions. On one side, you have Roberts, who is enjoying the pleasure of a post-orgasmic bliss for striking Miss Elizabeth. On the other side is Savage, who has lost his sanity over the same event. Fucking money, man.

Then there's the post-match interview after Hulk Hogan lost his first WWE World Title on The Main Event 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKzyHudPXg

Don't try telling this man that titles don't mean anything. This is a grown ass man crying on national television, so upset over being screwed out of his WWE World Title. He's not even thinking straight, instantly becoming a conspiracy theorist, claiming that there's been plastic surgery involved in this screw job. This was the end of an era with super long title reigns no longer happening and Hogan sold one of the biggest title losses in wrestling history as...one of the biggest title losses in the history of wrestling. You can say a lot of bad about Hogan, but the guy knew how to add emotion to his promos.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

One of my favorite promos, it’s a GOAT promo to me. “They’re good Christian boys, they don’t do that shit!”

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information