Thread: FIGHT NIGHT RESULTS 09/27/19

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

FIGHT NIGHT RESULTS 09/27/19

Live from the FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee

Fight Night opens with the usual pyrotechnics and a warm welcome from Rod Sterling, the lone announcer on the booth. We get an update to the card and a synopsis of the main event scene, with a six-man match with major implications closing tonight's Fight Night program. Signs are shown that support some of the mainstay wrestlers, including a sign for Nova Diamond, the fastest-rising wrestler on the roster.

Backstage to a chorus of cheers from the fans we find Gabrielle Montgomery just stepping outside of her Private locker room. There’s a nervous little smile on her face, she’s got a big night after all where she has to deal with so many different ego’s. The mood changes though as the towering figure of Michael Garcia and the double Championship adorned Dave Sullivan come into view. Gabrielle’s expression becomes a little more stern as Dave and Michael approach with the most untrustworthy of smiles on their faces.

Gabrielle: Come here to bribe a referee, have we?

Sullivan just smirks, as Garcia takes a moment to look her up and down.

King Sullivan:
    Bribe, no. We just thought we’d try and appeal to you before this match.

Garcia: We all haven’t had the chance to discuss this whole mess. Krash being handed a World Title shot like that, we all agree that was wrong.

Gabrielle sighs loudly, but nods her head in agreement.

King Sullivan: What these CWA nobodies have tried to do is disrespectful, and we cant allow Cyrus, Krash and that traitor Devin to win.

Gabrielle: This is where you lose me. There is no invasion boys, this is much more simple than that. Krash was handed something he did not earn, that’s the problem.

Garcia: Handed it because these CWA nobodies are trying to screw us all over and take over now that their second rate company is dead.

Gabrielle: Enough. You wont win me over with statements like this. I can agree that Krash should never have been handed that Title shot just because he’s friends with Cyrus, but that is where it ends. This has all gone too far.

King Sullivan: Don’t screw me over tonight Gabby The Slut, just because its all you know. Don’t screw me.

With that said Sullivan quickly makes his exit.

Garcia: Where’s the real Goddess? You know this is wrong.

Gabrielle just shakes her head solemnly.

Gabrielle: Don’t you worry about me Michael. You need to prove yourself out there…finally.

With that said, Gabrielle turns and walks off down the hallway.

----------------------------------

"Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC begins and "The Wildcard" Jason Randall appears with his fists taped up and no shirt, just a pair of blue jeans. He raises one taped-up fist and smiles as the crowd responds warmly.

Rod Sterling: Jason Randall ... the hardcore henchman of the FWA! He has a tall order tonight BUT he seems to have "found himself" a bit here.

Randall reaches the ring and slides in. Sterling stays silent for quite a long time before chiming in again.

Rod Sterling: Mike Parr came SO CLOSE to winning the North American Championship on the last show. He's likely to get a rematch. And ...

Ah, screw it. It's tough to do this alone. No one makes jabs at me. I feel so empty inside.

"Sick" by Adelitas Way hits and the crowd gets even more vocal, this time with a mixed response. "The Prodigy" Mike Parr slowly walks out with ...

Rod Sterling: HOLD ON! Is that ... Is that the FWA North American Championship belt?!

It's not. Mike Parr has a cheap knock-off, a store-bought version of the title belt. He left the last Fight Night with the real one but has since had to return it. "The Prodigy" carries around the championship as if it's the real one, though. He boasts it in front of fans' faces and then hands it cautiously to the ring attendant.

"The Wildcard" Jason Randall vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Parr

The match begins with Jason Randall and Mike Parr grappling right in the middle of the ring. Parr is overpowered into the turnbuckle and on the receiving end of ferocious right hands from the former X Champion. Randall grabs Parr by the back of his hair and front-flip flings him into the middle of the ring, following with an attempted kick to the face. But "The Prodigy" dodges it and rolls away.

Randall and Parr again square up with a grapple. This time it's Parr countering a push into the turnbuckle by sliding around the back and shoving Randall into the turnbuckle padding. "The Prodigy" tries a belly-to-back suplex out of the corner but "The Wildcard" blocks it by grabbing the top rope. He tries a wild elbow but Parr ducks and hits the belly-to-back suplex.

Rod Sterling: Mike Parr seems HELLBENT on facing Dave Sullivan again in the very near future.

Rod says this because Parr points to the camera and shouts, "WATCH THIS TONIGHT, DAVE!" Parr runs off the ropes quickly and lands a running, flying knee strike to the face. Randall takes a big beating on the move as spit flies from his mouth. Parr admires his handiwork before shouting, "I AM THE REAL NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION!"

He grabs Randall around the neck and bringing him back up to his feet. Parr whips Randall to the ropes but misses a clothesline lariat. Randall then hits a thez press on the second rebound and levels punches into the forehead. Randall rolls off and kicks Parr in the gut when he's upright. He follows with a snap suplex and hooks the far leg right away.

...................1.....................2....Kick out

Rod Sterling: Mike Parr may be thinking too much of Dave Sullivan. He knows he'll face Sullivan again soon. But he needs to worry about Jason Randall tonight.

Parr stays alive, but "The Wildcard" stays on top of him. He turns the match into a brawl with forearm shots, running Parr around the ring. Randall whips Parr into the ropes and hits a back body drop, which causes Parr to crawl toward the edge of the ring. Randall grabs Parr by the hair and pulls him upright. But this time it's Parr catching Randall with a forearm. And a second one. Third one. Parr bounces off the ropes and finally hits his clothesline lariat. Then he runs off the ropes and lands a swinging neckbreaker. He finishes the sequence by hitting a tornado DDT.

This time it's "The Prodigy" going for a pinfall.

.............1.................2.......Kick out!

Parr steps up to the second turnbuckle after and jumps off, but Randall catches him with a right hand to the stomach. Then he clobbers him with two fists into the spine. Randall runs off the ropes but Parr catches him with an attempted hip toss. Randall simply lands on his feet and knees Parr in the gut. Then he hits the Dirty Deeds finisher out of NOWHERE.

Rod Sterling: OH WOW! OH MY GOODNESS!

Randall crawls over for a cover!

...................1......................2.......................3!

Winner: "The Wildcard" Jason Randall

The crowd cheers WILDLY and has a shocked expression. Jason Randall rises to his feet with "Dirty Deeds" playing throughout the arena. Randall gets the ceremonial hand raising from the referee and then rolls out of the ring. "The Prodigy" Mike Parr is left to recover alone in the squared circle.

Rod Sterling: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR ... FOR THE NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP?! This was a complete ... STUNNER.

-----------------------------------

Backstage once again we find Gabrielle Montgomery who is greeted by a loud ovation by the fans. She’s walking and talking with one of the FWA’s Senior Referee’s back towards her locker room.

Referee:
    The most important thing to remember is you have to be in charge out there, and make sure they don’t forget it.

The Caramel Coated Goddess nods her head, but then her expression changes as she reaches her private lockeroom where Chris Kennedy her ex-husband is casually leaning up against the door and smoking a cigarette. The Referee quickly makes his exit as the former Lovers turned Enemies turned…everything in between come face to face.

Chris Kennedy:
    You hate Cyrus almost as much as I do don’t you Gabs?

Gabrielle:
    Your turn to try and butter me up is it Chris?

Chris Kennedy:
    We’re you always this cynical? You and I have so much history together and seeing you back here all the time. It’s hard not to remember all the good times.Gabrielle just nods her head.

Chris Kennedy:
    Because there were so many good times, it wasn’t all bad between you and I. I know you still think about us…so do I. We could be great…”together” again…Chris trails off as he see’s the expression on his ex-Wifes face become much more stern.

Chris Kennedy:
    Forget all that. I know what else you cant ever forget about, the other side of our past. All the bad times, all the things we’ve said about one another. The things we’ve done to one another. Our score being tied at one a piece. You know we need to settle that for good, you can do that at Desert Storm with Cyrus Truth in the middle, but everyone will know its really about Gabrielle and Chris…

Gabrielle:
    I used to hang on your every word Chris, but not anymore. You’re not the man I remember, not the man I loved or the man I loathed. You want a shot at Cyrus…I know that is all you really care about Chris, don’t lie to me like this. I know how little you think of me now, we mean nothing to each other now. So if you want a shot at Cyrus…then you need to earn it. I’m not helping you get there. If you win, you win. But you need to earn that win Chris.

With an arrogant smirk to his face, Chris then rolls his eyes and walks away.

------------------------------------------

Sterling: Welcome back to Fight Night, ladies and gentlemen, and up next we’re gonna get our first look at Fight Night’s newest acquisition, Anton Storm, a young man that just wants to do what’s right by his family. One of the few men that are in this business for the right reasons. Ladies and gentlemen, let’s meet Anton Storm.

The camera takes to the streets of Blackburn, England where a young Anton Storm, wearing a light leather jacket, taking a drag off a cigarette turns to the camera and begins to talk.

“The Name is Anton Storm and I come from the tough streets of Blackburn in the North of England. My life like most has not been simple, I grew up in quite a poor family with alcoholic parents, had little to no friends and spent most of my education being teased for not wearing the right clothes or have the latest gadgets. Following the death of my father and my older brother abandoning us all I have left now is my mother. She however has not been able to provide the greatest of support. The only support I get is from transferring my feelings of having to fight to make ends meet and gain acceptance from anyone I can is by actually fighting my way all the way to the top. I over the last several years have hustled and bustled to get the money to train in numerous different self defense arts. It was 2 years ago that I was on the cusp of death following an unprovoked attack in a late night bar in Tokyo that led me to meet who would soon to become my mentor who only went by the name Mr Lethal. He has given me all the knowledge that he possesses and now wants me to conker the world. Not only for me, but so I can finally help my mother before its too late.”

When we come back to the ring, Anton’s opponent, Yodakkey West Virginia is standing the ring, unfortunately with a microphone in his hand.

We return to Fight Night where Yodakkey West Virginia, a heavily made-up, obese man who is naked except for an American flag-themed mankini, is dancing around in the ring with a mic in one hand and a sparkler in the other. In the ring, the ring ropes have been covered up with red white and blue spreads and a table with patriotic foodstuffs, a massive red white and blue cake, and pictures of great American heros such as Lincoln Reilly, Mike Gundy, and Paul George.

YWV: "LIKE I WAS SAYIN YALL, I AM SO GLAD THAT I AM IN REAL AMERICA CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF OUR GREAT NATION INSTEAD OF IN THE LIBERAL ELITIST COASTAL BUBBLES, THOSE FACE AMERICANS WHO SECRETLY HATE AMERICA, I AM SICK OF THEM!! SICK I TELL YOU!!! BECAUSE WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT RIGHT HERE???"

Yodakkey points to himself with his sparkler.

"THIS IS WHAT BEING THE AMERICAN DREAM LOOKS LIKE!! AND I-"

The crowd reaction gets a lot better as Yodakkey is cut off by Anton Storm!

‘Storm’s Comin’” by Gnarls Barkley blasted throughout the speakers as Anton Storm burst through the curtain with an unmatched level of enthusiasm! Storm ran to both sides of the stage and looked for as much crowd support as he could get as Yodakkey was fuming in the ring! Storm pumped himself up before sprinting down the ramp and into the ring!

“The Blue Chipper” Anton Storm vs “The Real American” ‘Yodakkey’ West Virginia

Storm immediately ducks a clothesline from Yodakkey and rebounds off the ropes with a Handspring in to a Spinning Enziguiri! Yodakkey is stunned as Anton springboards off the ropes into a crossbody! Standing Moonsault by Storm! Anton turns and celebrates with the crowd as Yodakkey stumbles back up to his feet! Storm puts him in position, b efore running up the turnbuckle and completing the Sliced Bread! Storm pounds his chest as he awaits Yodakkey in getting back up to his feet, before connecting with his signature Axe Kick! Yodakkey’s head bounces off the mat as he rolls tohis back and the rookie points to the top rope! The crowd is firmly behind Anton Storm as he climbs to the top rope, before diving off with his picture perfect Reverse 450 splash!

Here is your winner @ 2:10 – “The Blue Chipper”Anton Storm

Fight Night returns from an ad break and is at ringside where Rod Sterling standing by.

Rod Sterling: Welcome back fans and right now I will be joined at this time by the team that will challenge The New Breed for the FWA Tag Team Championship, Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage also known as The Undisputed Alliance! Gentlemen, it’s a pleasure to have you here with me at ringside.

Jackson Fenix: The pleasure is all ours Rodney, truly.

Nate Savage: We thought what better way to scout our opponents than to watch them in this non title match here tonight, plus you were looking a little lonely out here since Golden and Garcia ditched you.

“Where’s My Wonderland?” by BOTDF plays and the Cheshire Cat Clan make their way out, the duo of Hannibal Crowe and Nova along with their sister Alice. They get a mixed response from the fans in attendance as they quickly make their way down to the ring…

Kurt Harrington: Making their way to the ring and being accompanied by Alice, weighing in at a combined weight of 465 lbs, from The Dark Forest they are Hannibal Crowe & Nova...The Cheshire Cat Clan!

Rod Sterling: What are your thoughts on this team right here?

Jackson Fenix: A few fries short of a happy meal if you get what I’m saying

Nate Savage: Where is this Dark Forest that they’re supposedly from anyways? On second thought, I don’t think I wanna know.

“Sick” by Adelita’s Way now hits and the crowd boos as the champions The New Breed walk out looking as arrogant as ever, proudly displaying their titles on their wastes as they make their way to the ring.

Kurt Harrington: and their opponents, weighing in at a combined weight of 475 lbs and they are the reigning FWA Tag Team Champions, “The Protege” Sean Hughes & The Prototype...The New Breed!

Jackson Fenix: Soon to be former FWA Tag Team Champions if we have anything to say about it

Nate Savage: These two talked a lot of crap last week during that contract signing but now I’d like to see if they can actually back it all up, or if they’re really just full of it
    The champions notice their challengers at ringside and begin trash talking to them from the ring.

Nate Savage: If I were either one of you two I’d pay more attention to what I’m facing in the ring and spend less time running my mouth.

Jackson Fenix: Just you wait boys, just you wait.

DING! DING! DING!

The Cheshire Cat Clan vs. The New Breed

Hannibal Crowe starting things off with Prototype and the two big men lock horns and immediately Prototype shoves Crowe down to the mat. He looks down at Crowe trying to intimidate Crowe, but Crowe isn’t phased by him and gets right back up and attempt to take Prototype down with a tackle yet Prototype manages to fend him off and clubs him in the back with several blows. Prototype then drags Crowe to the corner and pummels him with several hammer throws to the head that rock Crowe before bringing him out from the corner and straight into a wrist lock clothesline! Prototype stomps at Crowe on the mat before bringing him up and drops him with a dragon suplex followed by a pin…

One...NO!

Jackson Fenix: If that meathead thinks it’ll be that easy to keep one of us down, he’s as dumb as he looks.

Prototype tags in Hughes and they double team Crowe with a huge suplex that rattles the ring! Hughes applies a headlock on Crowe keeping him grounded but Crowe begins to find a way and fights out of it hitting several back elbows to the midsection of Hughes! Crowe follows up with a side backbreaker transitioned into a fallaway slam and a pin attempt!

One...NO!

Crowe makes the tag to Nova and Nova climbs up top as he waits and leaps off taking down Hughes with a diving crossbody! The crowd comes alive for that and Nova waits for Hughes once more and takes him down with a running dropkick that sends Hughes falling to the outside, and Nova sets himself up and goes for a baseball slide kick but Hughes catches him, drags him out and tosses him into the barricade that garners some heat from the fans and Hughes eggs them on. Hughes is still playing up to the fans and it costs him as Nova comes back with a sharp uppercut that stuns Hughes and Nova then slams Hughes face first on the ring apron before tossing him back in the ring. Nova hops up on the apron and looks for a springboard clothesline but misses as Hughes avoided it, and Nova avoids disaster by rolling through but Hughes was quicker on the exchange and plants Nova with a hammerlock DDT! Another pin attempt…

One...TW-NO!

Hughes drags Nova over to the corner and tags in Prototype, and the big man comes in and immediately drives an elbow right to the side of the face of Nova! He looks over at ringside where Fenix and Savage are still at the commentary table and begins to yell at them

Jackson Fenix: Keep talking big man, keep on talking. That’s all you guys do is talk!

Nate Savage: We get it, you’re very big and powerful but you also don’t seem too bright if you insist on looking over at us.

Hughes turns around on the apron and yells at them.

Nate Savage: No one asked for your two cents little boy, the adults are talking right now

Rod Sterling: I’d have to agree with your earlier sentiments in regards to them not focusing on the task at hand, and that is Nova and Crowe right now

Prototype drags Nova from the corner and takes him down in the center of the ring with a dragon suplex! Prototype tags Hughes back in, who comes in and immediately hits Nova with a corkscrew moonsault into a pin!

One...two...THR-NO!

Nova stays alive somehow and Hughes is a bit annoyed but brings Nova up, and looks for another hammerlock DDT but this time Nova slips out and hits a DDT of his own on Hughes! He crawls over and makes the tag to Hannibal Crowe, and Crowe comes in hot and takes down Hughes with a running clothesline! He follows up with another one and he turns around right into a big boot from Prototype killing any momentum for the time being…

Hughes makes the tag to Prototype and the big man comes in and drives another big boot to Crowe! He turns around back at Fenix and Savage and tells them to pay close attention, but little does he know Crowe is beginning to stir…

Nate Savage: Hey genius, turn around!

Before he can even turn around he’s rolled up from behind by Crowe…

One...two....THREE!

Kurt Harrington: The winners of the match, The Cheshire Cat Clan!

The crowd cheers for this while the champions are absolutely livid and Crowe and Nova quickly exit the ring with Alice.

Rod Sterling: Talk about an upset! Hannibal Crowe and Nova pick up a win over the tag team champions!

Jackson Fenix: That’s what happens when you take your eye off the ball!

Fenix and Savage leave the commentary table and rush into the ring, and the two teams begin trading blows before more referees come in to break it up as the show fades to another ad break.

---------------------

XYZ is already in the ring after the show returns from commercial.

Kurt Harrington: Introducing first already in the ring, originally from Chattanooga, TN and weighing in at 215 lbs...XYZ!

The fans pop for the former tag team champion as he awaits the arrival of his opponent…

“Comfortably Numb” hits signifying the arrival of one Nova Diamond, who receives a rather unceremonious reception from the fans but he pays no bother to that as he makes his way down to the ring.

Kurt Harrington: and his opponent, from Manchester, UK and weighing in at 82 kg...Nova Diamond!

Rod Sterling: This Nova Diamond has been on a roll and has not lost a match yet since his debut, and he looks to continue that hot streak tonight but XYZ will do his best to put a stop to that

XYZ vs. Nova Diamond

XYZ offers a handshake and Diamond looks at him like he’s a clown or something, and then laughs at XYZ. He looks out at the crowd and urges them to laugh on but they don’t indulge him, and when he turns back around he’s met by a slap from XYZ that elicits a positive response! Diamond isn’t pleased by this and goes for a punch but XYZ catches him and comes back with a forearm of his own! He follows up with several more that has Diamond stunned and on the ropes, and XYZ sends Diamond to the opposite ropes but Diamond chooses to slip out instead wanting no part of XYZ.

However, XYZ isn’t playing around now and comes after Diamond on the outside and he chases him around the ring before Diamond quickly rolls back in right before XYZ, and as soon as XYZ tries to slide in he’s stomped on repeatedly by Nova Diamond! The crowd isn’t happy with this and they let him hear it, but he responds back shouting at them to “shut it!” He picks up XYZ and plants him to the canvas with a lifting DDT! He makes the pin…

One...NO!

He applies a rear chin lock to XYZ, driving his knee in the small of XYZ’s back as he does so. He trash talks some more at the crowd while they shower him with hate. XYZ starts to show signs of a come back using the rally from the fans as he slips out of Diamond’s grip and fends him off with several forearm strikes and follows up with a snap suplex! He kicks up and falls down slowly on to XYZ with an elbow drop and a pin…

One...NO!

He irish whips Nova to the corner and runs at him but Diamond catches him with a boot, stopping him in his tracks. XYZ shakes it off and tries but this time Nova catches him with a uranage from out of the corner! Nova collects his bearings and waits as XYZ is turning around...24K Kick! XYZ is stunned on his feet and before he can drop he’s hoisted up by Nova...UNCOMFORTABLY NUMB! The cover…

One...two...THREE!

Kurt Harrington: The winner of the match, Nova Diamond!

Rod Sterling: Another impressive win for this young man as he moves up the ranks.

The fans cheer loudly once again as the camera’s cut backstage to Gabrielle making herself a cup of coffee. After dropping in a spoon full of sugar however her attention is ripped away from that and upon the approaching Krash, and more importantly the current FWA World Champion Cyrus Truth. Krash approaches with an uneasy smile, while Cyrus has more of a sneer on his face, an expression that is matched by Gabrielle as he eyes narrow at the sight of Cyrus.

Krash:
    Miss Gabrielle! Fancy meeting you here. That's a... bold outfit, the stripes suit you. Custom made, I imagine?
    Gabrielle barely pays Krash any attention, glaring straight past him at Cyrus. Not even a glance spared.

Krash: ...
    We'll skip the pleasantries, then. Listen, we just want to talk as civilised people. Cyrus and I, we saw those two approach you before, and I tried to tell Cyrus you're a professional and wouldn’t help them out…

Cyrus Truth:
    But I don’t trust you for a moment.Cyrus and Gabrielle go face to face, the two of them getting right up against each other, neither one wanting to back down.

Gabrielle:
    Trust me? Your opinion is worthless Cyrus, worthless the moment you started handing out World Title matches to your friends.

Cyrus:
    Weren’t you just handed one by Rondo and the rest of the FWA Bosses, the people who have coddled you for your entire career?

Gabrielle:
    I earned that shot, I’ve beaten everyone put in front of me.

Cyrus:
    Except me, and don’t you forget it oh Goddess…The two of them look like they’re about to come to blows, but Krash steps in between them and separates the two of them.

Krash:
    Hey, hey, we're professionals, right? Brawling with the Referee for our match doesn’t seem very professional. Neither does the Referee goading a competitor into a skirmish. We need to focus.He turns his attention over to Gabrielle, pointedly including her in the statement.

Krash:
    All of us, need to focus. It’s not Desert Storm yet, you two can tear each other to shreds then. But for now, Miss Gabrielle… I trust you'll do the right thing. No matter what that entails.Leaving her with a brief nod, Krash then quickly leads Cyrus away as Gabrielle stands her ground and doesn’t take her eyes off the FWA World Champion, and he doesn’t take his rage filled eyes off her.

Danny F'n Toner is already in the ring when Kayden Knox's theme music hits. Knox stomps to the ring with a purpose as Toner remains in his corner. Knox reaches the ring and slides in, with his stringy hair hanging down the side of his face and his beard styled with a point at the end.

Kayden Knox vs. Danny F'n Toner

Kayden Knox has little problem handling Danny F'n Toner. Knox lands a running elbow to the face before running the ropes and hitting a jumping clothesline. Knox drives Toner into the turnbuckle and lands repeated stomps into the gut, stomping Toner down to a seated position.

With Toner in this spot, Knox hits his Mushroom Stamp bronco buster. Then he steps away and plants Toner with a Moves Like Jagger superkick. Toner crumbles to the mat and Knox covers, but he only gets a two count.

Toner tries to fight back but Knox flings him into the ropes and lands a big forearm uppercut. Toner stumbles back into the ropes, stumbles off to the center, and Knox hits a Mustache Ride double chickenwing gutbuster.

Knox hits the Money Shot kick finisher and easily covers for the 1-2-3.

Winner: Kayden Knox

The post-match stuff is elementary, with Knox celebrating and Toner disappointed yet again.

---------------------------------

As we return from commercial break, Los Maravilliosos are already in the ring when Over the Edge's theme music hits. The foursome -- which includes Killemall, TED, Eyesnsane, and Alana -- all come to the ring.

Over the Edge vs. Los Maravilliosos

Killemall starts the match with Maravillioso Jr., who tries to use his shiftiness to get takedowns from behind. but Killemall is too quick and hits a nice enzuiguri to the side of the face. Killemall then whips junior into the ropes and tags in TED, who enters for a nice double leg lariat. TED uses swift kicks and punches to keep junior at bay. He follows with a nice vertical suplex into a gutbuster. TED goes to the top turnbuckle but junior puts up his feet and connects right in the jaw. Je rolls backwards and tags in his father.

Maravillioso Sr. hits the ring but immediately gets a back elbow from TED. Tag made to Killemall, who hits a step-over spinning heel kick. Killemall then hits a few palm strikes and junior tags in with a shoulder slap. Junior drives Killemall into the turnbuckle but misses a right hand. Killemall hits the Kamikaze vertibreaker and pins for the 1-2-3.

Winners: Over the Edge

One last time the camera's cut backstage to find Gabrielle Montgomery just stepping outside of her private locker room. The fans again roar their approval and cheer wildly for her. Just as the noise dies down it picks back up as Devin Golden comes onto screen and greets Gabrielle warmly.

Devin Golden: I'll make this short. I've seen everyone else come to you tonight possibly trying to sway you in their favour. But I just want to say one thing. I know you'll do the right thing out there. That talk we had weeks ago, I know where you stand in all of this...Mrs. Switzerland.

Gabrielle: Can that please not catch on.

Devin Golden:
    And you know where I stand. We both just want whats just and fair. Really that's all all of them want too, no matter who wins tonight if you call it down the middle no one can have any fault with your performance as a Referee.

Gabrielle: It's what I aim to do Devin.

The two of them shake hands and then go their own way towards the Fight Night Main Event.

---------------------------------

Rod Sterling: And ladies and gentlemen, it is officially main event time! And the stakes have NEVER been higher in this feud, which has reached it’s absolute boiling point! A World Championship opportunity at Desert Storm is at stake! And at the end of this match, we will know who will be joining Gabrielle Montgomery and Cyrus Truth in that match at Desert Storm! Will it be the future Hall of Famer Chris Kennedy? Will it be the man that has run absolutely roughshod over the entire FWA this year, Dave Sullivan? Will it be the most highly touted acquisition in recent memory, Krash? Or will it be the man that claims he is turning his career around starting tonight, Michael Garcia?

As if on queue, “Judas” by Fozzy blares over the loudspeakers in the arena but youalmost couldn’t hear it as the boos were just raining down onto the Carnegie Carnivore as he made his way out onto the stage. He stopped and looked to his left, taking a deep breath before simply focusing on the ring and marching down the ramp with conviction.

Rod Sterling: Interesting to see none of the jaw-jacking with the fans tonight from The Big Dog, certainly not his usual animated self and that is certainly indicative of the attitude change he showed earlier this week when he said there will be no more distractions, no more excuses, no more coming up short…Time will tell, but this is certainly a different attitude that we normally see from the Pittsburgh Native.

“Hail to the King” by Avenged Sevenfold plays next as Dave Sullivan walks out to the ring and the boos only get louder. Sullivan wears his signature suit to the ring, with a King's robe on his back and a King's crown on his head. He carries his X Division championship over left shoulder, and in his right hand he carries a golden King's scepter and his North American Championship around his waist. His robe is black and gold, as is his crown. Sullivan orders the crowd to bow down as he enters the ring and then glares at Garcia as he tapes up his wrist.

Rod Sterling: If anyone has a claim to a World Championship opportunity, it simply has to be the man that holds a clean pinfall victory over the champion, and as a matter of fact, the only two people that the King has not beaten this year is Gabrielle Montgomery and “The Prodigy” Mike Parr…and he only lost one of those matches!

“Bittersweet Symphony” interrupts the commentary as the “Astonishing “ Chris Kennedy sets foot onto the stage. Kennedy looks out amongst the crowd and chuckles to himself at the negative reaction that the crowd is giving him. He shakes his head all the way down the ramp before walking into the ring and getting right into the face of Dave Sullivan and then Mike Garcia, both of them sharing words with Kennedy themselves.

Rod Sterling: And then we have “The Astonishing” Chris Kennedy, who has been right in the center of all this controversy, and let’s not pretend for one second that Chris Kennedy gives a damn about anything other than one thing: Getting a World Championship match for himself. You can claim that this is about Krash, or about Cyrus or CWA….do you think Chris Kennedy would be silent if it was one of his partners getting a match over him? Absolutely not.

“Subconscious Entry Version” was next and that signaled the arrival of the FWA Champion Cyrus Truth! Truth did his signature pose at the top of ramp before holding his championship high in the air and smiling confidently at his three challengers in the ring, before stopping at the bottom of the ramp and awaiting his partners.

“Back in Town” plays over the speakers and Krash runs out onto the ramp, picking up the energy in the arena! Krash runs to each side of the stage and gets the crowd pumped before taking that energy down the ramp and standing side by side with the champ. Krash turns to Cyrus and looks for adouble fist bump, but the stoic champion remains unresponsive…before throwing both fists in the air and breaking character for just a second.

Rod Sterling: And we said that Chris Kennedy was at the center of this controversy, but the cause of all this controversy is the two men you see here: Krash and Cyrus Truth. It was a show of respect between two competitors, in the form of granting Krash a World Title match, that stoked the fires of Chris Kennedy, Mike Garcia, and Devin Golden! Cyrus says it’s a show of respect, but the others believe it was nepotism and that Krash has not EARNED his opportunity…but let’s get real here….with Chris Kennedy and Dave Sullivan it’s that they aren’t in the spotlight and with Mike Garcia, it’s a narrow-minded bias!

The crowd comes to a hush in suspense as they await the music…

Rod Sterling: On the outside looking in…that’s where Devin Golden wanted to remain. He wanted to bring peace to the situation and walk away, but that just wasn’t what happened. He’s now found himself aligned and fighting for what he believes his right…and that has put him in this match tonight, alongside Cyrus Truth and Krash.

And then they EXPLODE when “Coma” plays throughout the arena! Devin Golden is all smiles, but clearly a bit apprehensive as well, when he hears the reaction from the crowd. He makes his way down the ramp, in between his partners and the three of them enter the ring together as Sullivan and Garcia duck underneath the ropes and head to the apron.

Six Man Tag Team Match
    FWA Champion “The Exile” Cyrus Truth/”The White Wolf” Krash/ “The Golden One” Devin Golden vs “The Astonishing” Chris Kennedy/ “The King” Dave Sullivan/ ‘The Carnegie Carnivore” Michael Garcia

(Special Guest Referee:Gabrielle Montgomery)

Kennedy and Krash start things off and they waste no time in getting into the mat wrestling with Kennedy quickly taking Krash down to the mat. Krash manages to counter and fight back to his feet, getting a few shots to the ribs before shoving Kennedy off into the ropes but Kennedy comes back with a hard shoulder block that knocks Krash to his back! But Krash quickly kips back up to his feet! Clothesline attempt from Kennedy gets ducked and Krash connects with a hard knife edge chop! Another shove into the ropes, Krash ducks down, and Kennedy comes back with a sunset flip, Krash rolls through, pops up to his feet, and both men are up on their feet! Krash runs the ropes, and connects with a hurricanrana that sends Kennedy to the mat! Kennedy immediately rolls to his feet as Krash charges forward…”The Astonishing One” ducks down soKrash responds by rolling over his back, ducking a Kennedy clothesline on the turnaround, and then connecting with a dropkick! A second dropkick! Kennedy is beside himself as Gabby looks wide-eyed herself in disbelief! Kennedy pulls himself up in the corner, checking his mouth for blood, as Krash charges in, but Kennedy pulls his body up and over Krash, and then down into a rollup! Krash again rolls through, but Kennedy connects with a rolling kick to the head before grabbing a hold of the arm and pulling Krash over to their corner, tagging in Dave Sullivan.

Krash desperately tries to pull Sullivan over to his corner, but the Double Champ twists The White Wolf’s arm and forces him back to the center of the ring. Krash flips himself over and tries to roll out, but Sullivan counter by transitioning into a Belly to Back Suplex…and Krash flips over and lands on his feet, rolling to his corner and tagging in Cyrus Truth! Cyrus runs in, but Sullivan quickly sweeps the leg, and presses down for a quick cover,which Cyrus obviously kicks out before even a count was made. Cyrus quickly rushes to his feet, as Sullivan whips him into the far corner. Sullivan follows in, only to eat a hard boot for his troubles! Sullivan turns around, before trying again but this time Cyrus moves out of the way before connecting with a hard kick to the ribs when Dave staggers out…then a rough kick to the kneecap that put Sullivan down to one knee, and then a knee to the jaw! The crowd lets out an audible “Ooooh!” as that shot sounded nasty. Cyrus immediately covers but barely gets a 2 count from Gabrielle. Cyrus lifts the King up for a Vertical Suplex but Sullivan floats over, rakes Cyrus’ eyes, stumbles back to his corner, where Mike Garcia tags himself in.

Garcia stomps in and barks at Cyrus, who explodes with a Roundhouse Kick that narrowly misses Garcia, who dropped down to his backside to avoid the kick! Cyrus stood tall as Garcia sat on the mat, Cyrus went for a punt kick, Garcia ducked, rolled him up but Cyrus rolled through…both men to their feet, Cyrus ducked an oncoming clothesline from Garcia, ran the ropes, and Golden tagged his shoulder, tagging himself in as Garcia connected with a Big Boot to Cyrus! Garcia didn’t have time to celebrate for a second as Devin Golden leaped off the top rope with a crossbody! Both men quickly got back to their feet, but Golden sent Garcia back down with a dropkick! Then a second dropkick! Garcia retreated to the corner but Golden grabbed him by the arm and whipped him into the far corner…Garcia reversed but Golden stopped himself ust short of hitting the turnbuckle! Golden charged towards Garcia who caught him with a devastating Spinebuster! Devin screamed out in pain, and held his hand to his lower back as Garcia got back to his feet and tossed Golden into the turnbuckle. The Carnegie Carnivore followed Golden in and started laying into him with a series of hard right hands before dragging him back to the center of the ring, kneeing him in the sternum, and whipping him hard back into the turnbuckle. Garcia charged in for a corner splash, but Golden connected with a Back Elbow! Garcia was stunned, and that gave Golden the opportunity to connect with a Tornado DDT off the top! Garcia rolled to the outside! Kennedy and Sullivan ran to Garcia to get him into the ring, so Devin Golden ran the ropes and leaped to the outside with a Somersault Plancha,wiping out all three men! The crowd chanted “YOU STILL GOT IT!” as Golden immediately picked himself up , got back into the ring and pounded his chest, the adrenaline pumping through his veins! The three opponents all picked themselves up, and begin to circle the ring. Sullivan pulled Krash off the apron and threw him into the steel steps, as Cyrus and Kennedy began brawling on the outside as well! Golden turned to Gabby, who tried to get control as Garcia came in from behind Golden and hit a forearm to the back of the head and tossed Golden to the outside of the ring! Gabby begin counting to ten, as Garcia suplexed Devin rib first onto the barricade, and then delivered a running knee to the sternum! Garcia sat on the ring apron and mockingly clapped Golden on, yelling “YOU STILL GOT IT!!” at him as Sullivan stepped on Golden en route to his corner.

Garcia rolled Golden back into the ring before saddling him with a Rear Chin Lock. Garcia locks the hold on, as Golden begins to fade but the crowd brings him back to life! Golden fights back to his feet, and manages to stun Garcia with a jawbreaker! Mike falls back into the ropes,where Chris Kennedy blind tags himself in as Golden connects with a right hand then whips Garcia into the ropes but Garcia reverses! Golden rebounds, Garcia sidesteps and Kennedy connects with a Busaiku Knee Kick to Golden! Kennedy covers but Gabby only delivers a 2 count before Devin kicks out. Kennedy gets up and walks over to Gabrielle telling her that her counts aren’t fast enough and to count faster before walking Golden over to the corner and tagging in Sullivan. Sullivan walks him over to the opposite corner and slams Golden’s head into the turnbuckle repeatedly before stomping him down into the corner. Sullivan turns around and taunts the crowd before running over and knocking Cyrus and Krash off the apron. Corner splash by Sullivan, before he throws The Golden One to the canvas. Sullivan climbs to the middle rope as the crowd chants “SULL-IVAN SUCKS!” and The King responds by flipping them off! Sullivan leaps off the middle rope with a clothesline but Golden connects with a Superkick! Golden tries to roll to his corner,but that Superkick may have tweaked his knee as he clutches at it! But Golden does reach Krash, who leaps into the ring and immediately takes out Sullivan with a Springboard Dropkick! Kennedy runs into the ring but gets Back Body dropped to the outside! Garcia into the ring next but he eats aHurricanrana from The White Wolf! Kennedy grabs him in a Full Nelson as Garcia comes towards him, but he kicks Garcia in the sternum, elbows Kennedy to break free, then hits a Neckbreaker on Kennedy! Garcia tries again, but Krash hits a Dropsault, knocking Mike out of the ring and landing on Kennedy! Sullivan charges towards him but Krash dodges and sends Sullivan shoulder post into the ring post! Enziguiri to Sullivan! Krash heads to the outside and springboards onto Sullivan with a Spinning elbow! Standing Moonsault by Kennedy! Gabby drops down to count as Krash covers and hooks both legs!

1…

2…

Sullivan kicks out! Krash takes a second to acknowledge the fans before going right back to work, grabbing Sullivan by his hair and lifting him up on his shoulders, but Sullivan began to fight out! He slid off the shoulders into a rear waist lock, standing switch by Krash, but Sullivan broke free and connected with a Muay Thai Kick! Sullivan tagged in Kennedy, as Krash tagged in Cyrus! Cyrus ducked a Kennedy clothesline before running the ropes and connecting with a Shoulder Block! A second Shoulder Block! A clothesline! Broken Path by Cyrus! Garcia into the ring but Cyrus takes him out with a Running Neckbreaker! Wanderer’s Wrath to Kennedy! Cyrus covers, but only gets a 2 count! Cyrus glares at Gabrielle as he yanks Kennedy by the hair and pulls him up into a front face lock, dragging him to the corner and tagging in Golden. The two men look for a double suplex on Kennedy, but Garcia comes in and breaks it up! Kennedy and Golden bein brawling, as do Cyrus and Garcia! Kennedy hits a Inverted Headlock Backbreaker on Devin, as Garcia looks for a Chokeslam on Cyrus! Cyrus stomps on Garcia’s foot and then stumbles backwards to the ropes, where Sullivan delivers a hard kick to the back of Cyrus’ head! Cyrus slumps over the apron as Kennedy steps up, grabs Cyrus by the hair and delivers a top rope hung DDT to Cyrus! Kennedy turns around and walks right into an Implant DDT from Golden! Devin covers!

1…

2…

Kennedy kicks out! Gabby checks on both competitors who are both in dazed states right now as Golden grabs Kennedy’s wrist and tags in Krash. Golden hoists Kennedy up on his shoulders, as Krash climbs up to the top rope…Kennedy slides out, shoves Golden forward as Krash leaps off the top, narrowly missing Golden AND Kennedy,who rolls out of the way! Krash lands on his feet, Kennedy quickly gets back to his feet, Krash with a Rolling Elbow, knocking Kennedy into the ropes, who rebounds back with a decapitating clothesline! Kennedy rolls to his corner and tags in Sullivan! Sullivan pulls Krash up by his hair, and Krash begins swinging at both Kennedy and Sullivan, but the duo both kick Krash in the gut before Kennedy grabs him in a rear waist lock and Sullivan delivers a Roundhouse Kick before Kennedy drops him back with a German Suplex! Sullivan quickly picks Krash up and drops him back down with a Falcon Arrow! Sully covers but somehow Krash kicks out at 2! Sullivan pulls down his knee pad, as he waits Krash to get to his knees before charging forward with a running knee to the back of the skull, but Krash ducks and rolls Dave up for a 2 count! Sullivan back up and he connects with a right hand to Krash before connecting with a Vertical Suplex! Sullivan rolls through and he connects with the Three Amigos on Krash! Sullivan covers on the third one as Gabby begins her count!

1…

2…

KENNEDY PULLED SULLIVAN OUT OF THE RING!!!! Kennedy launches Sullivan into the steel steps head first, before rolling him back into the ring and reaching in, tagging himself in! Kennedy runs over to the corner and clubs Cyrus and Golden before climbing up to the top rope and connecting with a Moonsault on Krash! Kennedy with the cover!

1…

2…

SULLIVAN PULLED KENNEDY OUT OF THE RING! Gabrielle is smirking as she knew this would happen! Outside the ring, Sullivan and Kennedy are getting into a heated argument, shouting at each other, and getting nose to nose…but meanwhile back in the ring, Krash is groggy as all hell, but we see a monster rising in the background right behind him! Mike Garcia sets his sights on a dazed Krash…but Cyrus Truth and Devin Golden come to his aid! They both begin leveling him with forearm after forearm but Garcia explodes just shoving them halfway across the ring! Golden gets back to his feet, but eats a running boot to the skull! Cyrus tries next but gets caught with a Chokeslam! Cyrus rolls to the outside! Golden is back to his feet but Garcia picks him up and tosses him Military Press Style outside of the ring on to Cyrus! Krash is stumbling to his feet, as the crowd erupts because Kennedy and Sullivan are now attacking each other on the outside! Krash looks across the ring at the Carnegie Carnivore,and charges….

RIGHT INTO A SIXTH RING (Deep Six) FROM GARCIA!

Garcia covers and hooks both legs as Gabby reluctantly drops down and counts the academic…

1…

2…

NO!

Both Sullivan and Kennedy stopped fighting, at the sound of Gabby’s hands hitting the mat to each grab a leg and yank Garcia out of the ring! The three men are all screaming at each other on the outside as Devin Golden slides back into the ring, and leaps to the outside with a somersault plancha,wiping out all three men! Cyrus gets back in the ring, and tries to drag Krash to the corner for a tag but Gabby stops him, and tells him to get to the outside! Krash drags himself to his corner, as the crowd is dying for him to reach his corner as Kennedy slowly gets back into the ring,as does Garcia. Kennedy rolls underneath the bottom rope as Mike starts to get into the ring as well, drawing Gabby over to him as Krash makes the tag to Cyrus!

Cyrus comes in like a bat out of hell, immediately knocking Garcia out of the ring, but Gabby grabs Cyrus by the waist and drives him back to the corner, saying he needs to be tagged in as Kennedy grabs Krash’s leg and pulls him back to the middle of the ring before connecting with a Reverse DDT! Kennedy steps back and stomps his foot into the ground, signaling for the BCS..but Garcia tags himself in! Kennedy rolls his eyes in disgust, before turning around to bitch at Garcia as Krash tags in Golden! Golden charges in and dropkicks Kennedy’s back, so that he falls into Garcia, who knocks Sullivan off the apron to the floor below! Golden with a swinging neckbreaker to Kennedy! A SLingblade to Garcia! Asai Moonsault to the big man! Sullivan tries to get involved but Golden knocks him off the apron! Step up Enziguiri to Garcia! Golden looks to the crowd,who roars in approval, as he points to the top rope! Golden shakes his head, and for the first time in years, he calls for ‘The Golden Touch” Frog Splash ! Golden climbs up to the top rope and Garcia gets the knees up! Golden rolls off of Garcia and clutches his ribcage in pain before pulling himself up to his feet, and getting immediately tossed out of the ring by Kennedy! Kennedy claps his hands together, before turning around and getting nailed by a Journey’s End! Cyrus turns around and immediately eats a Penduluum by Garcia! ZigZag by Krash, who follows it up with a Diving Elbow Drop straight into the heart of Garcia! Krash is slow to get to his feet, but the camera angle shows Krash rolling his neck, knowing full well that Dave Sullivan has already slid into the ring, and is waiting for Krash to turn around. Krash plots his next move but Devin Golden re-enters the ring behind Sullivan,looking to come to Krash’s aid! Golden spins Sullivan around and The King is very quick to strike with the RKO, but Golden shoves him off, right into Krash who falls out of the ring! Golden kicks Sullivan in the gut and looks for the Thunder Clash, but Sullivan nails him with an uppercut and then a lightning fast RKO! Sullivan drops down for the cover, while staring Gabrielle straight in the eyes the entire time!

1…

2…

3!

Here are your winners @ 16:23 – ‘The King” Dave Sullivan, “The Carnegie Carnivore” Michael Garcia and “The Astonishing” Chris Kennedy!

Krash is unable to prevent the pinfall from happening, and he's left kneeling with his head down and hands on his thighs, knowing he was oh-so-close to getting a World Championship match at Desert Storm.

Golden remains down on the canvas for a few seconds after the bell rings. Then he stirs and sits up. All he can do is lock eyes with Krash, who looks at him and simply shakes his head.

Dave Sullivan celebrates the win, while Chris Kennedy agitatedly looks on from one side of the ring area. Michael Garcia looks on as well but smirks knowing Golden took the pin and lost for his team.

Cyrus Truth enters the ring and immediately senses tension. Krash sighs deeply and Golden retaliates the disappointing glare by shrugging. He then says, "Hey, I was here. You had no one else." Krash simply pounds his balled-up fist into the canvas twice and then shakes his head once more before turning away from the scene.

Rod Sterling: Devin Golden must feel lonely right now.

Krash exits the ring but then turns back and faces it. With his partner looking on from inside, Krash says, "You're not a hero just because you wrestled with us." Golden doesn't know what to say, and the scene ends with Krash walking away while Golden watches from inside the ring. Cyrus Truth looks around and sees Gabrielle staring into his eyes, while Sullivan watches from the rampway.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: FIGHT NIGHT RESULTS 09/27/19

I had no idea who would pick up the win between Garcia and Sully, as I assumed it would come down to being between those two going to the Desert Storm Title match.

If Sully wins that match too...is it humanly possible to write a promo that would capture how arrogant he would be?

Thats a huge match as well, Cyrus v Gabby v Sully. HUGE match that anyone can win

Status
      Country                    United States

There is so much to dissect about this show. First of all, incredible props to the commentary writing. I remember writing commentary dialog when I wrote for my own efed way back in the day, and it wasn't easy to generate dialog at points. But I never could imagine having to come up with an entire show's worth of dialog with just one character. The fact that you guys were able to write an entire show with just Rod Sterling calling the action is so underratedly impressive to me.

I really like the build up to Anton Storm's debut. Usually a matchup against a jobber gets flushed over, but I thought there was enough detail here to really hype up his new character.

Jason Randall vs Mike Parr felt special, even with the no show in account. I feel like both characters came out of this winners because of the story involved with both of them.

Lastly, the main event. This main event, this show in general, felt like a pay per view to me. There was so much build up and so much hype around it. The main event particular felt even more important with the well written and well placed backstage segments that were strategically sprinkled in around the matches. All of the characters visiting Gabby and giving their input. Not only did it give the characters fighting in the match an important spotlight, but it really propelled the story for Gabby too...who wasn't actually fighting in the match, but has a very huge role going forward. This whole story arc has had so many characters involved...seven to be exact, and to make it so all seven characters equally play an important role in the story is a feat that seems improbable, but somehow you guys got it done, and I'm impressed. It's been one of my favorite angles in the FWA that I even can remember.

The match was well written too, with some very fun and some very exciting spots. Some of them were very vivid and I could picture in my head, like towards the end when they keep pulling each other out of the ring.

Particularly one of the best and actually most surprising parts of the show was the ending with Devin Golden. Because if there was one of the seven characters who probably got the least exposure this entire arc, it was Golden. Yet when it was all said and done, this show ended with him dead smack and center. I am very excited to see where Golden goes from here. It was a very almost depressing ending for him, a legend who seemed kind of pushed back into a spotlight he had no interest in really being in, and then seemingly losing everything in the process. Golden retired long enough ago, and was content with his ending...and now this. So where does he go from here? I can't even imagine, but TGO has so many directions he can go. Devin Golden is really in a very special position story wise for his character, and it's quite incredible that after this huge FWA vs CWA angle, the fall of Devin Golden is the biggest headline as the show comes to a close.

In regards to the outcome of the actual match, I'm very humbled. I had no idea who was winning this match. It literally could have been anyone. I thought Cyrus, Krash, and Golden had written some incredibly powerful pieces that could have topped my team. And then my teammates Kennedy and Garcia I thought could have easily topped me as well. Any one of the six of us could have won, and I'm curious to see just how close the grades were here.

For Sullivan now, he's got the biggest challenge of his career ahead of him now, it doesn't matter how much momentum he has. Cyrus Truth and Gabrielle Montgomery are the two best on the roster. To even be in the same ring as them fighting for a World Title is such a high point for my character's career. I'm going to bring my best, but it's going to be a very great match. I feel like this specific trio has so much story over this last year with each other than any other three on the roster. Sullivan lost to Gabby, so there's heat there. Gabby lost to Cyrus, so there's heat there. And Cyrus lost to Sullivan, so there's heat there. Throw in all the fallout and tension from this tag match and FWA vs CWA feud, and you really have all the makings for a match with just so much all around build up.

Overall I think not only was this one of the best shows of the year, but I think the FWA, writing wise, is in one of the best spots it's been in years. I'm really excited for Desert Storm all around. There has been so much build up for the entire card. It's going to be a slobber knocker.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

First of all, congratulations to Sully and everyone else in the main event. That was one HELL of a close match. I'm not sure of the grades but I know by the quality of the promos that this was probably decided by less than a point. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see the grades posted just to see how close this was.

I felt that a lot got accomplished on this show, even though Desert Storm is sort of like WWE Hell in a Cell in that we have nothing really announced. I promise we have a card laid out, but so much depended on how the main event played out that we couldn't announce anything for sure.

As for the ending, I purposely wrote the end of the match that way because I knew exactly where Devin was thinking of taking Golden and I knew that setting him up just a little bit that he would hit it out of the park, and damn...he just knows how to hit notes in these feuds that no one else on this roster can get. Perfect. Flawless ending.

I can't wait for Desert Storm....And by the way, Carnal Contendership is the first Fight Night after Desert Storm, and you know what that means....

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

The whole shows was great. Even though there were a few no shows those matches still felt special.

And I feel like it's only a matter of time before "this" Michael Garcia is World Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    There is so much to dissect about this show. First of all, incredible props to the commentary writing. I remember writing commentary dialog when I wrote for my own efed way back in the day, and it wasn't easy to generate dialog at points. But I never could imagine having to come up with an entire show's worth of dialog with just one character. The fact that you guys were able to write an entire show with just Rod Sterling calling the action is so underratedly impressive to me.

I really like the build up to Anton Storm's debut. Usually a matchup against a jobber gets flushed over, but I thought there was enough detail here to really hype up his new character.

Jason Randall vs Mike Parr felt special, even with the no show in account. I feel like both characters came out of this winners because of the story involved with both of them.

Lastly, the main event. This main event, this show in general, felt like a pay per view to me. There was so much build up and so much hype around it. The main event particular felt even more important with the well written and well placed backstage segments that were strategically sprinkled in around the matches. All of the characters visiting Gabby and giving their input. Not only did it give the characters fighting in the match an important spotlight, but it really propelled the story for Gabby too...who wasn't actually fighting in the match, but has a very huge role going forward. This whole story arc has had so many characters involved...seven to be exact, and to make it so all seven characters equally play an important role in the story is a feat that seems improbable, but somehow you guys got it done, and I'm impressed. It's been one of my favorite angles in the FWA that I even can remember.

The match was well written too, with some very fun and some very exciting spots. Some of them were very vivid and I could picture in my head, like towards the end when they keep pulling each other out of the ring.

Particularly one of the best and actually most surprising parts of the show was the ending with Devin Golden. Because if there was one of the seven characters who probably got the least exposure this entire arc, it was Golden. Yet when it was all said and done, this show ended with him dead smack and center. I am very excited to see where Golden goes from here. It was a very almost depressing ending for him, a legend who seemed kind of pushed back into a spotlight he had no interest in really being in, and then seemingly losing everything in the process. Golden retired long enough ago, and was content with his ending...and now this. So where does he go from here? I can't even imagine, but TGO has so many directions he can go. Devin Golden is really in a very special position story wise for his character, and it's quite incredible that after this huge FWA vs CWA angle, the fall of Devin Golden is the biggest headline as the show comes to a close.

In regards to the outcome of the actual match, I'm very humbled. I had no idea who was winning this match. It literally could have been anyone. I thought Cyrus, Krash, and Golden had written some incredibly powerful pieces that could have topped my team. And then my teammates Kennedy and Garcia I thought could have easily topped me as well. Any one of the six of us could have won, and I'm curious to see just how close the grades were here.

For Sullivan now, he's got the biggest challenge of his career ahead of him now, it doesn't matter how much momentum he has. Cyrus Truth and Gabrielle Montgomery are the two best on the roster. To even be in the same ring as them fighting for a World Title is such a high point for my character's career. I'm going to bring my best, but it's going to be a very great match. I feel like this specific trio has so much story over this last year with each other than any other three on the roster. Sullivan lost to Gabby, so there's heat there. Gabby lost to Cyrus, so there's heat there. And Cyrus lost to Sullivan, so there's heat there. Throw in all the fallout and tension from this tag match and FWA vs CWA feud, and you really have all the makings for a match with just so much all around build up.

Overall I think not only was this one of the best shows of the year, but I think the FWA, writing wise, is in one of the best spots it's been in years. I'm really excited for Desert Storm all around. There has been so much build up for the entire card. It's going to be a slobber knocker.
    Yeah it has to be commended that all seven people involved in the Main Event feud have all felt equally important. It's never been a situation where some of the characters felt secondary or like background players, everyone has been an important part of the story.

And The trio of Cyrus, Sully and Gabby feel almost destined for this match. They're the three standouts of the year so far.

HOSS MOD

Status

Ha, ha...I'm in danger.Seriously, this whole storyline has been super good and congratulations to Sully for going the distance and snagging the win. This is going to be, without question, the hardest challenge this character of mine has had since coming to FWA. There's a lot of gravitas and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with and what my opponents got in store for me at Desert Storm.
    Last edited by Cyrus Truth; 10-10-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Thread Information