Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

WAKE UP

Status

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - October 2, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    To be fair, do you really think casual viewers share this viewpoint?

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Yes, hence why I said it. The AEW main event scrne probably has a much wider appeal

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Yes, hence why I said it. The AEW main event scrne probably has a much wider appeal
    I honestly don’t think most people care that much, and, as Sayer mentioned, the Bucks and Sammy look just as much like “geeks” as the UE does. I think your personal feelings may be skewing your opinion here, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

The show was alright, from a in-ring perspective I thought it was stronger than AEW especially the womens matches, but it didn't come across like an interesting show. I think going from Dynamite to this, everything looks too dated, nothing fresh or exciting about it, same roster, same 2012 look to the Full Sail set up. I think that's only going to be more jarring once SD on Fox happens tonight and that show also gets a facelift. Ciampa and Balor coming back gives them new main event stars but it's essentially stars we've already seen in this exact position before and they don't change the house style at all from what's been turning me off Adam Cole main events all year. Heard a lot of love for Cole/Riddle but for me it was just an impressive feat of cardio to go at that pace, and then no substance. Part of me hopes Riddle gets called up to the draft this week because I'm done with seeing him wrestle this style.

Mia/Io, Gargano/Thorne (best Thorne has looked maybe ever in WWE), Shayna/Candice and Street Profits/reDRagon were all really good matches I thought, but putting Shayna over AGAIN is really sucking the air out of the room. I think the Pete Dunne Vs Danny Burch match is where I started to find the show a chore to watch because it was just a random good match with zero storyline or hype until the post match angle, felt like complete filler.

I never want to hear the phrase 'we want the smoke' again.

The Velveteen Dream promo was garbage I thought, all I took away from it was obvious sexual innuendos as if it was Carry On NXT. Could do with him dialing it back a bit. Absolutely nothing in that which makes me want to see a rematch against Roddy anymore than it would if they announced it without an interview.

I was not mentally ready for the Tegan Nox MYCII injury footage again. Very surprised they are using her on NXT when she's barely returned to NXT UK yet. Just throwing it out there, but maybe we're getting a female war games this year? Shayna, her two terrible lackeys and Evil Io against Candice, Mia, Dakota and Tegan? You can't really use Undisputed Era in that match again on a takeover because they hold every title, they'll have to find a 4 on 4 feud somewhere else.

Kushida Vs Walter and Rush Vs Gulak sound like two very good matches to me next week, but it feels like a show I'm going to cherry pick matches from rather than watch in full going forward.

Put Stoke on the fucking show already cowards.
    Last edited by Ed; 10-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.

WAKE UP

Status

Just watched Shayna vs Candice and thought it was great. I get it not getting as much play because people are tired of Shanya's reign and it had 2 ad breaks during it, but it really was a TakeOver level match.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I thought Cole v Riddle was the best match on TV this week. Its taken me a while but I've come around on the undisputed era big time, they carry themselves very well and are very over. Roddy Strong might be my favourite guy in the company at the moment, I'm with Ed that VD was a bit much but I expect the rematch will be a great watch.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just throwing it out there, but maybe we're getting a female war games this year? Shayna, her two terrible lackeys and Evil Io against Candice, Mia, Dakota and Tegan? You can't really use Undisputed Era in that match again on a takeover because they hold every title, they'll have to find a 4 on 4 feud somewhere else.
    They can totally put Undisputed in the War Games match, four-on-four. They're very obviously lining up NXT:UK and 205Live as a part of NXT proper. Undisputed in the War Games match opens up spots for the UK titles and the Cruiserweight belt to be defended on that TakeOver, and they don't even need to have all those championship on the show because the appeal of the War Games match sells the show itself. They can actually have non-title feuds on their too. It's kinda perfect.

I'm not saying they will do that, but it's absolutely a possibility, and a much better one that putting Shafir and Duke into an environment like that when they're still so green and could end up really hurting themselves or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Just watched Shayna vs Candice and thought it was great. I get it not getting as much play because people are tired of Shanya's reign and it had 2 ad breaks during it, but it really was a TakeOver level match.
    Shayna vs. Candice was match of the night for me, regardless of brand. People shit on Baszler because she's essentially the Cena or Lesnar of NXT but her matches continue to entertain me far more than either of those guys did during those periods of predictable and never-ending wins and I have a little hope that it's building towards a win over her (preferably by Kai) that rocket's that person into the stratosphere.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I thought NXT was the best show last week- I loved it!

Riddle vs Cole was awesome and it left me wanting even more! :D The return of Balor was a massive but very welcome surprise! I thought maybe Shinsuke would return but when he retained the IC Championship a little while back that killed that dream Haha! Balor is a great substitute!

Velveteen's promo was a big miss for me. He's still young and inexperienced, not everything is going to come off well in his favour and he will bounce back.

Dunne/Burch, Thorne/Gargano & Shayna/Candice were all really good matches! Enjoyed them and I'm glad Shayna retained.

Profits vs O'Reilly & Fish was another great match! Wale was a little pointless, I was expecting him to rap to their entrance instead of just being a hype man but he's a WWE fan and so it was a cool moment for him I guess. While watching this match and I've been thinking it for a while- I think one day Montez Ford could have a BIG future as a singles guy. He has a bit of everything and his charisma level is so good. I could see him developing into a modern day Rock.

Ciampa coming back at the end was epic too! I loved the stare down with Ciampa's eyes permanently fixed on "Goldie"

Cant wait to see KUSHIDA vs WALTER! Intrigued to see who comes out with the victory!

"LET ME IN.."

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Cornette: “Cole/Riddle was the best match between NXT and AEW this week because it didn’t have any indie bullshit.”

Two Panama Destroyers. Neither the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Cornette: “Cole/Riddle was the best match between NXT and AEW this week because it didn’t have any indie bullshit.”

Two Panama Destroyers. Neither the finish.
    I don't think that was his exact wording, but essentially, yeah... I couldn't believe it. I expected him to hate the match because as I watched it I thought it was indyriffic and then he went out of his way to praise it. I'd accuse him of having a bias because he does think very highly of Cole in general but he's shit on and disowned guys he likes for doing stuff he disagrees with on a much smaller stage so I'm not sure I can say it's a bias at all.

Thread Information