Thread: WWE Premiere Week

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE Premiere Week

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articl...etime-coverage

WWE Premiere Week features unprecedented eight hours of primetime coverage

September 26, 2019
    STAMFORD, Conn. - WWE Premiere Week ushers in an unprecedented era of coverage with special episodes of Monday Night Raw, NXT, Total Divas and the FOX debut of Friday Night SmackDown bringing fans eight hours of primetime programming.

As part of WWE Premiere Week, new voices will be brought to the Raw, NXT and SmackDown broadcasts. Raw’s new announce team will include play-by-play from Vic Joseph with Dio Maddin and WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler serving as analysts; NXT play-by-play will be called by Mauro Ranallo with Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuiness as analysts; and SmackDown will feature Michael Cole handling play-by-play, Corey Graves serving as analyst and Renee Young as a Special Contributor.

Monday, September 30

The season premiere of Monday Night Raw airs at 8/7 C on USA Network as WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins defends his title against Rey Mysterio; The Miz hosts WWE Hall of Famers Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair on a special edition of Miz TV; Brock Lesnar makes a special appearance; AJ Styles defends his United States Title vs. Cedric Alexander; and Alexa Bliss takes on Sasha Banks.

Wednesday, October 2

NXT will make its two-hour live premiere this Wednesday, October 2, on USA Network at 8/7 C, as The Undisputed ERA defend their golden prophecy and the NXT Tag Team Championships in a match against the Street Profits. Also, NXT Champion Adam Cole defends his title against Matt Riddle; NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler takes on Candice LeRae; Johnny Gargano competes against Shane Thorne; and fans can witness "The Velveteen Dream Experience."

Immediately following NXT, season nine of Total Divas will premiere on E! at 10/9 C. The hit series is back with a season more personal and action-packed than ever. WWE Superstar Ronda Rousey joins Natalya, Naomi and Nia Jax for the new season, which also includes returning cast member Carmella and newcomer Sonya Deville. Nikki Bella and Brie Bella will make guest appearances in the series as well.

Friday, October 4

SmackDown’s 20th anniversary will kick off the new era of Friday Night SmackDown’s highly-anticipated move to FOX broadcast network on Friday, October 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, when WWE Champion Kofi Kingston puts his title on the line against Brock Lesnar. The Four Horsewomen also square off as WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair team up against WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley and Sasha Banks in tag team competition. Later Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon look to finally settle their ongoing dispute in a high-stakes Ladder Match with the loser forced to leave WWE.

Prior to the premiere, the Friday Night SmackDown Kickoff Show “blue carpet” special will air at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on FOX from the Staples Center, featuring celebrity, Superstar and Legend arrivals, as well as backstage access.
    Vic Joseph, Dio Madden, and Jerry Lawler is the new Raw commentary team. Michael Cole, Corey Graves, and Renee Young on Smackdown.

I’m happy for Vic getting the lead position on Raw, he’s my favorite commentator in the company right now.

Poor Tom and Byron getting shafted from SD Live, maybe they’ll go to 205 Live with Aiden.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Hail To The King

Status

Re: WWE Premiere Week

Dio Midden is Brennen Williams strange choice but ok? What does that mean for Byron Saxton & Tom Phillips I mean both these guys been On TV awhile and I am a big fan of Tom I dont mind Byron. So this too me in strange. That also means Aiden is left to do what?

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Some BIG calls made there.

Happy with Vic but I do actually quite like Tom Phillips and he's done well on Smackdown so that's a shame.

Renee Young as special contributer? Okkaaaaayyy, she doesn't contribute anything on commentary to me so I'd rather have seen someone else and her move back to doing interviews and such.

Not really fans of Saxton or Aiden especially so I'm not really bothered about them.

"LET ME IN.."

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Some BIG calls made there.

Happy with Vic but I do actually quite like Tom Phillips and he's done well on Smackdown so that's a shame.

Renee Young as special contributer? Okkaaaaayyy, she doesn't contribute anything on commentary to me so I'd rather have seen someone else and her move back to doing interviews and such.

Not really fans of Saxton or Aiden especially so I'm not really bothered about them.
    TBH I don't mind Renee but, I figure she might get phased out at somepoint.

Dio is just random like out of the blue.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Rising Above...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Dio Midden is Brennen Williams strange choice but ok? What does that mean for Byron Saxton & Tom Phillips I mean both these guys been On TV awhile and I am a big fan of Tom I dont mind Byron. So this too me in strange. That also means Aiden is left to do what?
    Maybe Tom will take over from Vic on 205 Live & NXT UK? A step down yes, but it beats doing nothing.

I can see Aiden being added to NXT UK commentry team - he did the pre show for TakeOver: Cardiff, and has subbed for Nigel in the past.

Dio's done fine on 205 Live the last few weeks, but I didn't expect him to get the RAW gig, all the others changes were pretty obvious, bar Lawler - hopefully thats just a short term thing.

Status

I'm betting Tom Phillips is Cole's heir apparent. You haven't seen the last of him.

Saxton? Eh, no big loss.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I'm betting Tom Phillips is Cole's heir apparent. You haven't seen the last of him.

Saxton? Eh, no big loss.
    Actually I think they might be grooming Vic Joseph as Cole’s heir apparent, but if it isn’t Vic I could see it being Tom. Vic seemed to impress a lot when he filled in that one night on Raw after King was attacked by The Fiend, and he always kills it on 205.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    Actually I think they might be grooming Vic Joseph as Cole’s heir apparent, but if it isn’t Vic I could see it being Tom. Vic seemed to impress a lot when he filled in that one night on Raw after King was attacked by The Fiend, and he always kills it on 205.
    Well on the plus side, even if that's the case then Vic moves to Smackdown when Cole hangs it up, and Tom probably takes over on Raw.

I think Phillips is good enough to have a big commentary role so I hope he finds his way back to the table soon. Cole has earned a cushy retirement.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Hail To The King

Status

I never understood the hate Saxton gets he plays a great butt of the jokes to Corey. I think too hes improved on the team too

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

The Jerry Lawler role is reportedly just temporary.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm surprised they don't stick King on NXT commentary as some half-arsed response to AEW having JR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I'm in favour of reducing the amount of commentary time Corey Graves gets because he's devolved over the years to the point where he's a negative now. If you're going to reduce Renee's role to 'special contributions' then you might as well take her off the table completely and allow her to focus and prepare more for her WWE Backstage show on FS1. I'm a fan of Vic Joseph so that's a plus too. Putting Lawler back on commentary and removing Todd Phillips however feel like weird moves.

I know it's to be expected with the Fox deal, but it's surreal to see WWE shift so much to SD is our #1 show now.

Status

I've seen someone say that Lawler's role is temporary. I, of course, have no idea if that's true or not. The release seems to indicate it's more of a permanent gig to me. Anyways, these new teams will be quite interesting to see in action.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm in favour of reducing the amount of commentary time Corey Graves gets because he's devolved over the years to the point where he's a negative now. If you're going to reduce Renee's role to 'special contributions' then you might as well take her off the table completely and allow her to focus and prepare more for her WWE Backstage show on FS1. I'm a fan of Vic Joseph so that's a plus too. Putting Lawler back on commentary and removing Todd Phillips however feel like weird moves.

I know it's to be expected with the Fox deal, but it's surreal to see WWE shift so much to SD is our #1 show now.
    Whose Todd Phillips?

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Character Jobber

Status

I read that Lawler's role is temporary as long as HE wants it. I also read that Lawler is being brought in to add veteran experience to the Raw commentary team.

I, too, feel bad for Tom Phillips, I think he's done a good job on Smackdown. I'm not a huge fan of Saxton on commentary, maybe he can do backstage interviews or something. I'm glad they kept Cory Graves and Renee Young together, I think they have good chemistry. If they were to be split up, then they might as well take Renee off of commentary. I think she's mostly just green right now.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

What does "Special Contributor" even mean? No one else, other than Young, is credited as being a special contributor. Is she just going to be commentating for select matches or something?

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    What does "Special Contributor" even mean? No one else, other than Young, is credited as being a special contributor. Is she just going to be commentating for select matches or something?
    Possibly anything involving the women?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Thread Information