Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

I think the main event is WWE's fingerpoke of Doom. I legitimately don't know how that was the decision they came up with to resolve the corner they got into, but it's not even just the DQ that's the problem, the whole thing was so wacky even to children but then everyone involved in the match is so dead serious from Seth to the ref to the commentators that I just figured everyone in creative has lost their mind and the fans are the only sane one's left.

Wolf Beast put in a whatsapp group 'there's a line on commentary that's incredibly bad' or something to that effect and me and Order both guessed it. Dio's reaction to the mallet coming out where he uses the sombre WWE voice 'my god we know what that mallet's done to ramblin' rabbit, what might it do to Seth Rollins, he could be ramblin' rollins', I was weeping with laughter about how this guy was acting like the toy rabbit was real and that Seth was about to meet the same fate and that grown men were actually taking this Fiend nonsense seriously.

And then Seth beats this dude within an inch of his life, and the point that leads to the DQ was bringing out a sledgehammer

The big hammer was ok, but the smaller hammer was a DQ offence.

Inside HIAC.

a DQ.

Seth was the one to cross a line, not the demonic figure that was promising all this danger

And then the referee gives Seth the 'you aren't this person' chat as I imagine the HIAC match we might of got between Gargano Vs Ciampa in NXT

AND THEN BRAY JUST NO SOLD IT ANYWAY AND BEAT UP SETH WITH BAD FAKE BLOOD CAPSULES TO END THE SHOW THIS COMPANY HAS LOST THE PLOT

The Fiend is dead, it's over, WWE killed it last night to the point where it'll never be cool again once he's in an arena.

For those hating on the booking of the main event, I think you're forgetting something quite important.

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For those hating on the booking of the main event, I think you're forgetting something quite important.

seth is the biggest cuck on Monday night raw for going through with all this

WAKE UP

Status

with AEW and a bunch of other viable alternatives to make a living in pro wrestling, guys really need to learn the value of "that's not gonna work for me, brother"

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

That is definitely the worst match I've seen from a WWE main event at least since Brock Vs Roman at Wrestlemania last year, but probably much much further back than that.

This match from start to finish was a disaster. First of all the lighting was so fucking stupid. Completely goofy and distracting.

The match was ok to start with but as soon as Seth started doing anything of note it fell of a fucking cliff. Rollins' offence was horrible. How anyone thought that the multiple stomps was a good idea is beyond me, and whoever okay'd it should never be allowed involved in wrestling again. It didn't make Bray look strong at all. All it did was make captain geek look like even more of a geek, and made me think "wow this is really fake and stupid".

When Bray brought out the big mallet I just burst into laughter. Not just for the hilarious line on commentary, but also because the thing clearly had zero weight to it. Again, all I thought was "this is really fake and stupid". And then the return of my favourite stupid WWE trope: the overly emotional referee, complete with the "this isn't you, Seth". Pmsl.

The ending was awful, of course, and WWE deserves every bit of criticism it gets for it. But even before that the match was complete ass and everyone involved should honestly be embarrassed. Not just the bookers, but the two guys in the ring, the ref, the commentators, the production crew. Everyone is responsible for this disaster.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shock; 10-07-2019 at 04:25 PM.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status
      Country                    United States

It must be nice to be Seth Rollins, never once experiencing a bit of adversity in his booking and always being pushed as a primary star of the company, frequently taking shots at everyone dumping the company as if he's too blind to see he's one of the only five people on the roster who should actually be happy about how WWE books them.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    No...its illegal.

I Don't understand why its so hard to understand that just because you probably won't get caught for something that doesn't automatically make it legal to do so. If you rob a store and no one sees you do it and there's no trace you did it...it doesn't automatically become a moral issue...you still did something illegal.

If if was worth the time and effort to the company to go after everyone who watches it, they would (and a lot of people would suffer because of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

It is, however, LITERALLY illegal to knowingly view stolen content online, it's just too much of a hassle for them to enforce it, so it usually goes unpunished. That doesn't make it morally grey one way or the other, that depends on your personal views of morals and ethics. But it is absolutely illegal, no two ways about it.
    From everything i just googled...its practically legal except for the person who uploaded it, which is illegal. The question of legality comes from if you actually download it or upload it.

https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/t...vi-795102.html
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Just look at his bank account.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think the main event is WWE's fingerpoke of Doom. I legitimately don't know how that was the decision they came up with to resolve the corner they got into, but it's not even just the DQ that's the problem, the whole thing was so wacky even to children but then everyone involved in the match is so dead serious from Seth to the ref to the commentators that I just figured everyone in creative has lost their mind and the fans are the only sane one's left.

Wolf Beast put in a whatsapp group 'there's a line on commentary that's incredibly bad' or something to that effect and me and Order both guessed it. Dio's reaction to the mallet coming out where he uses the sombre WWE voice 'my god we know what that mallet's done to ramblin' rabbit, what might it do to Seth Rollins, he could be ramblin' rollins', I was weeping with laughter about how this guy was acting like the toy rabbit was real and that Seth was about to meet the same fate and that grown men were actually taking this Fiend nonsense seriously.

And then Seth beats this dude within an inch of his life, and the point that leads to the DQ was bringing out a sledgehammer

The big hammer was ok, but the smaller hammer was a DQ offence.

Inside HIAC.

a DQ.

Seth was the one to cross a line, not the demonic figure that was promising all this danger

And then the referee gives Seth the 'you aren't this person' chat as I imagine the HIAC match we might of got between Gargano Vs Ciampa in NXT

AND THEN BRAY JUST NO SOLD IT ANYWAY AND BEAT UP SETH WITH BAD FAKE BLOOD CAPSULES TO END THE SHOW THIS COMPANY HAS LOST THE PLOT

The Fiend is dead, it's over, WWE killed it last night to the point where it'll never be cool again once he's in an arena.
    It makes my heard hurt to go back and think about it.

trying to play it as a ref stoppage might be worse, because the "logic" there would be that Bray essentially played dead to lose the match and therefore not win the title, but was okay to jump up and apply the Mandible Claw right after. And if the Mandible Claw is that devastating, why wasn't he trying to apply it earlier in the match?

The blood capsules were some tremendous wrestle-crap.

As for this being a Fingerpoke of Doom... I think that prospect fascinates me the most about this whole debacle. the Fingerpoke became such a big thing because it was a tipping point. The WWF was already back in the ratings war and WCW did plenty of dumb shit through 1998. In many ways, the Fingerpoke wasn't the worst of WCW. But it represented a lack of respect for the audience that just convinced more viewers to either abandon Nitro, or wrestling as a whole. The WWE are already in the midst of a business slide and have been for 3-4 years. More and more, the audience and fans don't matter. Is this moment going to be looked back on 20 years from now? Its kinda fascinating.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I didn't think a worst match than Goldberg vs Taker could exist this year.....but Seth and Bray managed to make it happen

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The main event lived up to all the hype. Maybe that's not the right word but it was everything people said it was. The wrestling was really mediocre from both guys made worse by some nonsensical decisions like Wyatt taking and no selling a ton of Curb stomps. The refereeing trying to talk Seth down from beating someone up, in Hell In A Cell of all places. Wyatt using a big hammer being allowed by Seth using a smaller one being cause for DQ. The red lighting that kills crowds (Sin Cara and Kane for example). The choice to keep the title on Seth when the fans are begging for a change. And even having the match if they wasn't giving Wyatt the title. Just a bad match allround.

Becky Lynch (c) vs. Sasha Banks
    This started off hot with a brief brawl on the outside and kept on being hot through the match. I recently watched the 2015 Becky vs Sasha match and Sasha showed how nastily she could work over an arm and how adaptable she is in using her surroundings to suit that approach. And she did that again here by slamming Becky’s arm in-between the doors. Sasha hitting meteoras into the ladders and chairs was awesome, too. I’ve not been a fan of Becky for way over a year now with her performances being disappointing every single time but she seemed to have great chemistry with Sasha and she was really great here as a result. Both women really going all in on the big impact spots of the match added a ton to the match as well. The match was really good, even if it was basically a TLC match inside a cage. And I would say the match went on 5 minutes longer than it should’ve but that’s nitpicking.

Tornado Tag Team Match: Daniel Bryan & Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper
    I think people’s praise and my expectations of this match hurt it a little. It was a good match, mind you but it didn’t have that spark I was expecting. There was some good wrestling, Harper and Rowan looked great as did Bryan and Roman but it was stuck in that solid-good range for me. I don’t know, I wouldn’t scream at people to watch it. The hug after the match was awesome though.

Character Jobber

Status

I'm not surprised the main event ended with a goofy non-finish. I really didn't see Wyatt winning the belt, and I also didn't see Wyatt getting pinned either. I was expecting a finish that made Wyatt look good (although the post-match sort-of did that). I halfway thought there would be some sort of surprise interference by someone like Kane or even The Undertaker.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Status

I've had a chance to sleep on it and I still don't think that HIAC match and finish is as bad as everyone else seems to. I don't think it killed The Fiend, at all. As long as they come up with new and exciting ways to present him, he can still be just as over. It may have killed the stipulation though, I will say that.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

The WWE is currently making a bajillion dollars from their deal with Saudi Arabia and a half bajillion dollars with their deal with Fox. People cancelling their WWE Network subscriptions will mean absolutely nothing to the WWE. The only ones being punished for cancelling of subscriptions are those that are going to lose out on the amazing content that's being offered on the Network.
    This is actually a massive problem. The fans have become irrelevant in the current WWE Business model. They have so much guaranteed money that comes in no matter what, that it doesn't really matter if the product is terrible and driving fans away.

Fans are tuning out afterall. Ratings are tanking, attendance is tanking. Pro Wrestling is as uncool as its ever been. Yet they still keep chugging along, and keep pissing off the fans they have left. Even now there isn't any real pressure on WWE to "fix" this shambles, not that it can be fixed, The Fiend is dead in the water, he had to win this match.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

The first two matches were great imo and the right people won. The rest of the card up until Charlotte/Bayley was filled with nothing matches that I had zero interest in.

Orton vs. Ali is like it never happened, the 6 man tag was dull with a lame ending and Corbin vs. Gable was a decent Raw match.

Warriors vs. Bliss/Cross wasn't anything special and had zero build up but I am a fan of the title switch and glad to see Asuka wearing gold again. I am under the impression that Sasha and Bayley will end up going after the tag team titles again - only this time as heels - and that's were the Warriors will drop the titles.

Charlotte vs. Bayley was ok and I'll take Charlotte as Champ over Bayley as Champ any day.

The main event was trash and my Worst Match of the Year Candidate at the moment. Absolutely pathetic. A horrible booking mess and everyone involved in it should be ashamed.

#WC4Horsemen

Backyarder

Status

I hope this backlash about how the match ended doesnt completely give Seth XPac heat!

But Yay for Tamina getting a title for 20 mins

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I couldn't watch this until recently, but finally got around to it yesterday.

The Main Event was absolutely all sorts of terrible! I cannot remember the last time I heard the crowd so audibly pissed off and with AEW launching that's such a bad mistake. WWE booked themselves into an angle that they really, really didn't need too! The booking of the match was ridiculous too. The red lighting didn't work for me, it made things come off as less effective I thought. The trying to kill the Fiend was so overdone and stupid. Seth could have done half of what he did and it would have been as effective.

AND DAT BLOODY ENDING! Horrible. I can't remember the last time I watched a match and it legit pissed me off- probably the streak ending. Once you've put the Fiend in that spot, once you've had him take everything and get back up looking unbeatable.. You have to have him win! Ridiculous all around.

The rest of the card was decent! I really enjoyed the Banks/Becky HIAC match as well as the Reigns/Bryan vs Harper/Rowan & the six-man tag match was also fun.

Glad that the Women's tag titles are off Cross & Bliss too, hated that combination.

"LET ME IN.."

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by The LL Father View Post
    I hope this backlash about how the match ended doesnt completely give Seth XPac heat!

But Yay for Tamina getting a title for 20 mins
    Huh. Just realised that Tamina her finally won her first title in WWE after a 10 year stint...

Character Jobber

Status

As far as the rest of the show goes, I really liked the women's cell match. Placing the chair on the cell wall was something new and clever. I didn't like the timing of the 24/7 title melee near the international announcers table. It should have taken place at the start of a lesser match than Flair vs Bayley. Plus, a part of me was hoping Funaki would win the title.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    As far as the rest of the show goes, I really liked the women's cell match. Placing the chair on the cell wall was something new and clever. I didn't like the timing of the 24/7 title melee near the international announcers table. It should have taken place at the start of a lesser match than Flair vs Bayley. Plus, a part of me was hoping Funaki would win the title.
    The women's Cell match was more deserving of the main event spot imo

#WC4Horsemen

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information