Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Hell In A Cell 2019 Discussion

I know it’s asking a lot, but I kind of just wish I could know what they were thinking with the main event and how they possibly felt it was going to come across any other way than how it did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    the problem is...most fans will continue to watch. Most fans dont have the balls to stop watching or paying. even after there being alternatives for the past 15 years.

i havent watched a full raw or smackdown in over a decade. i watch the good to great matches through dailymotion.

WWE only reacts to ratings drops and money. stop paying for the network and stop watching their programming.
    That is false, all the way around.

Saying "most fans" would mean that the WWE hasn't experienced a significant impact on the key business KPIs in the past few years. They have. Viewership has declined, especially in key demographics. Network subscriptions have declined. Live attendances have declined. There has been an impact on the WWE business, the point where Vince and company have to address it on investor calls. So no, "most fans" aren't fearful of tuning out.

And what constitutes an alternative varies from person to person. ROH isn't an alternative for a lot of people because it takes a specific level of effort to watch it. WWE doesn't - its easily accessible. You might think that shouldn't be a factor - good wrestling is "worth seeking out" and all of that. But people want the same level of ease. And that's lacking. The only company that approached that accessibility was TNA, and honestly, many of same issues that would drive fans away from the WWE were just compounded and multiplied by TNA.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    That is false, all the way around.

Saying "most fans" would mean that the WWE hasn't experienced a significant impact on the key business KPIs in the past few years. They have. Viewership has declined, especially in key demographics. Network subscriptions have declined. Live attendances have declined. There has been an impact on the WWE business, the point where Vince and company have to address it on investor calls. So no, "most fans" aren't fearful of tuning out.

And what constitutes an alternative varies from person to person. ROH isn't an alternative for a lot of people because it takes a specific level of effort to watch it. WWE doesn't - its easily accessible. You might think that shouldn't be a factor - good wrestling is "worth seeking out" and all of that. But people want the same level of ease. And that's lacking. The only company that approached that accessibility was TNA, and honestly, many of same issues that would drive fans away from the WWE were just compounded and multiplied by TNA.
    have they lost half the viewers? have network subs declined by half? has attendence gone down by half?

if not..then yes most fans are still on the train.

i bet most of the fans on this site will still watch and keep the subs. And thats fine. but that is also why things stay the same.
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-07-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

have they lost half the viewers? have network subs declined by half? has attendence gone down by half?

i bet most of the fans on this site will still watch and keep the subs. And thats fine. but that is also why things stay the same.
    WWE will never go out of buisness though its honestly monopolized the wrestling bizz to the point that wrestle good or bad would be different without them.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    WWE will never go out of buisness though its honestly monopolized the wrestling bizz to the point that wrestle good or bad would be different without them.
    i compltely understand that. i dont want them out of business.

but why continue to support and watch bad wrestling?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Hail To The King

Status

i compltely understand that. i dont want them out of business.

but why continue to support and watch bad wrestling?
    To be honest I keep up mostly with NXT and NXT UK over raw and sd I watch the guys I like most weeks

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

This is exactly it. People keep coming back no matter what. WWE has a captive fanbase. They can feed you shit and you'll keep eating it no matter what. This is the latest "boycott WWE" event. There's been tons more and nothing's changed

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    To be honest I keep up mostly with NXT and NXT UK over raw and sd I watch the guys I like most weeks
    i know a lot of fans do. i like nxt a bit. i watch the matches that standout on dailymotion thats upped by some fan. the rest i read about.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

its true that people buy the brand rather than the workers, but you can't look at declining ratings and half empty arenas and say no one hasn't turned off

Status

TV:
    July 2016 Raw - averaged 3.67m viewers
    April 2019 Raw - averaged 2.16m viewers

That isn't halved, but its a drop of 42%. So yeah close to half.... pretty significant

House Show Attendances - I didn't dig too deep
    2016 average - 5300 fans
    2019 - 4500 fans

And network subs is going to be hard to dig up any current info on, because the WWE has stopped providing numbers for subscriptions on their quarterly investor calls. Which is a pretty strong indicator of them dropping in a notable way. If they were up or steady, you hype that to investors. You downplay bad news.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    its true that people buy the brand rather than the workers, but you can't look at declining ratings and half empty arenas and say no one hasn't turned off
    im not saying no one hasnt turned off. arenas are still more than half full and unless network Subs have declined by more than % 50 since 2014, then most fans are still on the train.

i wonder how many people canceled the network subs last night or today?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    TV:
    July 2016 Raw - averaged 3.67m viewers
    April 2019 Raw - averaged 2.16m viewers

That isn't halved, but its a drop of 42%. So yeah close to half.... pretty significant

House Show Attendances - I didn't dig too deep
    2016 average - 5300 fans
    2019 - 4500 fans

And network subs is going to be hard to dig up any current info on, because the WWE has stopped providing numbers for subscriptions on their quarterly investor calls. Which is a pretty strong indicator of them dropping in a notable way. If they were up or steady, you hype that to investors. You downplay bad news.
    imagine they only retained 42% of those viewers....

or averaged 1900 fans in attendance instead of 5300.

if network subs were drastically being canceled, id imagine theyd be offerring free months to keep people subscribed and that would of ended up online by now
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-07-2019 at 01:15 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

You know it’s bad when an adult film company is offering advice

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Brazzers wanting some WWE females eventually huh haha.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

The WWE is currently making a bajillion dollars from their deal with Saudi Arabia and a half bajillion dollars with their deal with Fox. People cancelling their WWE Network subscriptions will mean absolutely nothing to the WWE. The only ones being punished for cancelling of subscriptions are those that are going to lose out on the amazing content that's being offered on the Network.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The WWE is currently making a bajillion dollars from their deal with Saudi Arabia and a half bajillion dollars with their deal with Fox. People cancelling their WWE Network subscriptions will mean absolutely nothing to the WWE. The only ones being punished for cancelling of subscriptions are those that are going to lose out on the amazing content that's being offered on the Network.
    basically yea. unfortunately they can now literally have seth rollins wheeled out and take a shit on live TV and it won't matter because of the contracts they have signed are worth more than conventional viewership

I just watched the main event, and without going into a big rant, it's clearly one of the worst main events they've ever ran. Strong Dying Days of WCW vibes in how tone-deaf they are and how badly the fans rejected it, and rightly so. burning hot garbage doesn't do it justice.

it is a shame the main event was a such a turd because there was a lot of good stuff on the show. specifically, the opener and the tornado tag. Lynch-Banks was probably the best HIAC they have ran in years, maybe the best since New Day vs Usos as far as I can remember. I thought it was dumb to have Sasha lose, they are at risk of over-pushing Becky, and Sasha came back with a lot of heat which is now going to be hard to get back, but the match itself was a really good WWE prop-based brawl that had your fill of big spills, nasty spots and never felt like it dragged over or got too cute. Reigns/Bryan vs Harper/Rowan was a good brawl with a great final few minutes, though as much as I did enjoy it I think there was a better match to be had without the Tornado tag rules. Again, not sure where they go with this now as that hug at the end felt like the pay-off to the angle, and this was the first match between the teams. So if they are going to continue it, they need to get heat back on Harper/Rowan ASAP. That said I'd be cool if they moved on to something else and instead we get Reigns/Bryan continuing as a team and chasing the Revival, as unlikely as that seems.

Flob Sweat

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I understand people are angry about the finish to last nights show, but what shouldn't be overlooked is one of the most bizarre pieces of commentary that was delivered with 100% sincerity by Dio Maddin;

"We've seen what that mallet has done to Ramblin Rabbit ... imagine what it could do to Ramblin Rollins!?"

Anyway, up until that main event, this is a decent show. I loved that Becky/Sasha match, though I thought this would've been a good time to switch the belt. Also assumed it would be a title change, given how much Becky is being featured for Smackdown on Fox, her dropping the belt and getting drafted over there seemed like a no-brainer to me. The tornado tag was a fun match too, and the RKO OUTTA NOWHERE was great.

But the main event is all people will talk about, and for good reason. They've killed the HIAC gimmick now. I thought Lesnar showing up and ripping the door off to ruin the Roman/Braun match last year was as bad as it would get, but HIAC 2019 took that challenge and raised the bar. The only explanation I can come up with that the powers that be thought they could ever get away with that finish was that they thought/stupidly hoped fans would be satisifed by the post match stuff. But whoever booked this match in the first place deserves the blame. If you're not putting the belt on the Fiend, or don't already have a satisfactory 'out' in mind, you shouldn't be booking this match. Baffling stuff all round.

Even IF they felt they couldn't do a finish to this match, why on earth is Rollins the one dishing out the punishment and going over the line? Surely, if you're going to end it this way, The Fiend should be the one that does the heinous shit that forces the referee to call for the bell, no? (Not that that would be any more of an acceptable way out - a non-finish to a Cell match should never be on the table as an option).

Wouldn't be surprised either (if they acknowledge the complete rejection of the finish on Raw) if the official gets publically chewed out by someone, placing the blame on him for calling the match, rather than whoever booked that shit, much like the on screen blaming of Constable Corbin for falling ratings last year on Raw, rather than shitty creative.

BEING THE BOOKER
    ~Now with 100% less Brent Albright!

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    I understand people are angry about the finish to last nights show, but what shouldn't be overlooked is one of the most bizarre pieces of commentary that was delivered with 100% sincerity by Dio Maddin;

"We've seen what that mallet has done to Ramblin Rabbit ... imagine what it could do to Ramblin Rollins!?"
    Oh God, I howled at this line. Ramblin Rabbit's career was finished.

People's Champion

Status

i get this point of view but lets be honest...most of what they put up is ripped and put online.

but yeah i get that they make lots of money elsewhere. they put so much focus on Smackdown, Fox, and the Rock...they forgot about HITC
    Last edited by indyfan; 10-07-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

i get this point of view but lets be honest...most of what they put up is ripped and put online.
    Not everyone is interested in getting content illegally. I've had the WWE Network for the majority of the time that it's been a thing despite easily being able to download whatever I want. The convenience factor and the reliability of the video quality being high of the WWE Network is far better than dealing with any torrent site.

People's Champion

Status

Not everyone is interested in getting content illegally. I've had the WWE Network for the majority of the time that it's been a thing despite easily being able to download whatever I want. The convenience factor and the reliability of the video quality being high of the WWE Network is far better than dealing with any torrent site.
    who said anything about torrents? The nxt and 205 live stuff i have found has been on dailymotion. maybe its not 1080p. but its not the end of the world.

All im saying is if someone cancels their sub. its not like they cant find it online...even if that means torrents or direct downloads.

but i get your point..convenience plays a factor
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information