Thread: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - September 17, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - September 17, 2019

Smackdown LIVE Preview
    September 17, 2019

The New Day meets The Revival and Randy Orton in six man tag match

Clash of Champions provided extreme highs and extreme lows for The New Day as Kofi Kingston vanquished the man who’s spent the last 10 years trying to keep him down, but Xavier Woods & Big E suffered through the brutal loss of the SmackDown Tag Team Titles to The Revival.

The Revival were delighted to wipe the “proverbial pancake batter” off the titles, but The New Day are intent on proving the value in The Power of Positivity. Now the rivalry reignites as The New Day meet Randy Orton & The Revival in a Six-Man Tag Team Match.

King Corbin ready for coronation

Baron Corbin remained confident throughout the King of the Ring tournament, foreshadowing his eventual reign by donning the crown after winning each of his matchups. On SmackDown LIVE, it becomes official, as the coronation of Baron Corbin takes place following his defeat of the underdog challenger Chad Gable.

Will Corbin begin his rule with a modest celebration, or will The Lone Wolf deliver the pomp and circumstance fit for true royalty?

Erick Rowan sits down for interview after Clash of Champions reunion

Erick Rowan is his own man, but apparently, he isn’t above taking a little help from a friend.

As Roman Reigns appeared to grab the upper hand in their vicious No Disqualification Match, Luke Harper emerged from the crowd to halt The Big Dog’s charge toward Rowan. The mastermind behind the Reigns attacks secured the victory but left plenty still to be resolved.

Erick Rowan has agreed to a sit-down interview on SmackDown LIVE to attempt to answer these questions and bring some clarity to the ongoing hostilities with Reigns.

Shane McMahon to address firing of Kevin Owens

With Elias forced to withdraw due to injury, Shane McMahon stepped up to face Chad Gable in the King of the Ring Semifinals. With Shane-O-Mac’s promise of lifting Kevin Owens’ $100,000 fine, KO accepted McMahon’s proposal to assume the role as Special Guest Referee for the match.

Despite Owens’ audible to a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match following an early Gable roll-up, “The Best in the World” couldn’t overcome a vicious Ankle Lock and tapped out. Following the match, a furious McMahon blindsided Owens and shockingly fired the former Universal Champion.

Will McMahon rescind his decision and give Owens another shot at supporting his family? Or have we finally reached the end of the road for KO?

Will Bayley's dirty victory over Charlotte catch up to her?

As you read this, Bayley may still be running.

The SmackDown Women’s Champion retained her title by stripping the pad and sending Charlotte Flair head-first into the exposed turnbuckle. Immediately after clinching the win, Bayley grabbed her title and sprinted out of the ring and up the ramp with no intentions of entertaining The Queen’s reaction.

Will Bayley’s questionable tactics come full circle on SmackDown LIVE?

Character Jobber

Status

Re: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - September 17, 2019

I've long suspected Lesnar would show up on Smackdown. At first, I thought he was going to do so with his Money in the Bank Contract, then I thought he would make a surprise return at the premiere on FOX. It makes some sense with Kofi being arguably the most popular star in WWE now, and Lesnar getting a few cheers during his feud with Rollins, this could really set him up as a top heel. But, speaking kayfabe, who let him show up on Smackdown?

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Hail To The King

Status

Yea.... Brock doing the same shit different day to take a title we wont ever see for another 3 years.

GREAT...

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Yea.... Brock doing the same shit different day to take a title we wont ever see for another 3 years.

GREAT...

Meanwhile giving us the most 4 star matches per year of any other main roster star since 2014. HORRIBLE!

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Meanwhile giving us the most 4 star matches per year of any other main roster star since 2014. HORRIBLE!
    4 about as many moves as Brock knows and about as many times we will see him this year after he wins title. I am so over Brock

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Kinda starting to turn around on this Owens/McMahon storyline again. Still hoping they wrap it up sooner than later

This is an interesting new direction for AOP. Kinda cheesy to do the whole "we were too violent for our other sport" again but I can get behind them just going out and kicking ass again. This feels like a Heyman project.

Status

A good year late to capitalize on the popularity of "Ric Flair Drip" but still such a wild sight seeing Offset in a right.

Status

Rowan and Harper ended up looking great this week. I hope they're in for a sustained push and not just fodder for Reigns to destroy.

Is it just me or does it feel like WWE are booking their heels like actual threats more often the last couple months?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Well, Kofi’s run as champion was fun while it lasted I guess all good things must come to an end.

Pretty good episode overall. I enjoyed the opening six man tag match a lot

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Really fun show, both the six man and Charlotte/Sasha were enjoyable. Crowd were still with Kofi in his standoff with Brock, really looking forward to that match.

Rowan and Harper Vs Bryan and Reigns when we get to it should be good shit, although scandalous that we didn't get a Bryan Vs Reigns match as part of this storyline before teaming them together and presumably turning Bryan face (another move possible to prep WWE for Fox, main event Babyface Bryan coming back?). They are investing a lot of time and effort trying to make something with Rowan, who I like well enough but he isn't a top tier guy, kinda crazy when you look at the talent on the roster.

Owens/Shane stuff is nonsense, it feels like such a waste when there's an issue with top level babyfaces in this company to have Owens, who did catch fire months ago, STILL feuding with Shane.

I fucking love subtitles for foreign wrestlers, that AOP package came off way better than if they tried to say the same thing in English. They are coming off a bit breaking bad though.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    England

I do not get the lesnar hype!!!

call me a moron honestly but i dont like having superstars that are 'unbeatable'

this is not real fighting its sports entertainment.

I dont find someone walking in to a match where there is 103.45% chance they are going to win entertaining.

I do not want Lesnar winning that title. He does not need it and neither does the title!

Kofi does need to drop it, just not to him.

I would actually accept Shane McMahon over Brock. At least he is on every show and it goes with his best in the world and authority gimmick

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Supposedly, Fox wants Lesnar to be a bigger part of the show, though, at least.

Reportedly, the company is looking at doing Lednar/Reigns AGAIN at WM36. God, I hope not. Lesnar/KO or Lesnar/Bryan Im good with.

Status

If that's true, I am just... flabbergasted at their determination to make Lesnar/Reigns a "thing".

If that match goes on last, I'm more than likely hitting the hay early, so at least there's that.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

They'll probably keep trying Roman vs Lesnar at WM until Vince stops backing out last minute and they can finally get the Roman Reigns WM Coronation over and done with, which will flop anyway.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Pretty fun episode!

Enjoyed the six-man and I love how invested the Revival are with this Orton partnership. Just a little detail like the two dogs and viper logo is a nice touch.

I would have liked to have seen the "who done it?!" story line with Roman, Bryan & Rowan continue on a little longer- even if they had where Harper didn't come back quite so soon and it ended up being him that tried to run down Roman. That said- It's still pretty fun and It's great to see Harper back. Is it me or does he look so much more smaller now?

I expected Brock to challenge Kofi a while back when he had the MITB case and I'm totally fine with Brock being on the blue brand and likely becoming the WWE Champion. It sadly opens up the possibility of him against Reigns down the line again but I'm over him facing Seth or Braun at this point so I'll accept it.

I'm quite enjoying Shane in this heel role. I just don't want him wrestling on every card. The interactions with Owens have been decent and it's a bit of a throwback to the Austin/Vince rivalry which I can only assume is the idea to be honest.

"LET ME IN.."

Thread Information