Thread: WWE 09: Cheap Heat

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE 09: Cheap Heat

(ooc: I spent years on another wrestling forum almost exclusively for the BTB section, not that I ever had one even semi successful thread. But a few months ago I found this site and after catching up on Wolf Beasts thread, and reading through a few others such as Keefmoon and the KOTBTB; I've decided to give another go at it. I have a lot of fun things planned, even though Im starting from a point where I had just recently stopped watching wrestling. Starting at Summerslam 2009, I stopped watching around WrestleMania that year. I really want to get to WrestleMania in this thread, that's my main goal. I have already written the shows leading up to my first PPV, and maybe 25% of the PPV. I wanted to have even more ready when I started, but I feel like the best way to get better is to hear your guys thoughts/reviews. The first few episodes are formatted a little differently as I was and still am trying to figure out what works best for me. Thank you guys for being such an active community for me to join.)

WWE 09: Cheap Heat

SummerSlam Results:
    CM Punk def Jeff Hardy
    TLC match - World Heavyweight Championship
    Randy Orton def. John Cena
    WWE Championship
    Triple H and Shawn Michaels def. Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr
    JeriShow def. Cryme Tyme
    Unified Tag Team Championships
    Christian def. William Regal
    ECW Championship
    Rey Mysterio def. Dolph Ziggler
    Intercontinental Championship
    MVP def. Jack Swagger
    Kane def. The Great Khali
    Beth Phoenix won a 15 diva battle royal last eliminating Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres

WWE News and Notes:

Last night's Summerslam event was rumored to be very underwhelming in the eyes of WWE Headquarters, with a spokesman stating that in a couple months we're all going to look at Summerslam as the start of changes coming to the WWE.

Changes are coming, and fast. It was announced late last night that the WWE and Sci-Fi Network have agreed to *NOT* renew ECW's television contract; meaning the ECW third-brand experiment is coming to an end in just over a month, with the final ECW being a special two hour event on 9/29. Don't be surprised to see a superstar draft around that time, as the WWE looks to inject more talent into Raw and Smackdown.

The SmackDown brand will definitely be looking for someone to step up, as there were THREE major injuries last night; all to SmackDown superstars. The Great Khali injured his knee in his match against Kane, early returns are 4-6 weeks until he can return. Jeff Hardy injured his back during the TLC match with CM Punk, no timetable on his return. And while Rey Mysterio successfully defended his Intercontinental championship, he injured his shoulder in the match and will take roughly two months off to recuperate. Mysterio did also recently violate the WWE's wellness policy, and it is believed his injury isn't *that* serious, but a way to get him off TV and serve his suspension. The IC title has been vacated, and we will hear more on SmackDown on Friday.

With three major injuries to superstars, including Batista on the shelf right now there's a void in the main event scene which is said to be the reason The Undertaker returned last night to start a program with CM Punk. WWE is said to be scouting talent on the independents right now to hopefully find the new wave of talent. Don't expect any sudden debuts, as anybody signed will likely go through FCW to learn the WWE style, but don't be surprised if you see some TNA/ROH/NJPW stars get their chance to shine in the WWE.

The WWE has also announced their PPV schedule for the Road to WrestleMania, which will all be dual-branded PPV's. The WWE is planning a return to brand split PPV's after WrestleMania 26.

9/13
    Breaking Point
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    10/4
    Mind Games
    Newark, New Jersey
    10/25
    Money in the Bank
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    11/22
    Survivor Series
    Washington DC
    12/20
    King of the Ring
    San Antonio, Texas
    1/17
    Royal Rumble
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2/21
    Elimination Chamber
    St Louis, Missouri
    3/28
    Wrestlemania XXVI
    Glendale, Arizona

You'll notice the WWE is really making an upheaval to their events, with three new pay per views, and the return of the King of the Ring in December! With "Money in the Bank" being a listed pay per views, it seems as if the MITB match will no longer be a WrestleMania exclusive, which has been in the plans for a while and with CM Punk having already cashed in his briefcase now seems like a great time to make the switch.

And finally, with Raw ratings fluctuating severely week to week, the ongoing special celebrity guest general manager is ending immediately, with Vince McMahon expected to make an announcement on tonight's Raw.

Champions:
    WWE: Randy Orton
    World Heavyweight: CM Punk
    Intercontinental: Vacant
    United States: Kofi Kingston
    Women's: Michelle McCool
    Divas: Mickie James
    ECW: Christian
    Tag Team: JeriShow

Announcers:
    Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler
    Josh Matthews and Matt Striker
    Todd Grisham and Jim Ross
    Last edited by Jman; 09-16-2019 at 02:26 PM.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WWE 09: Cheap Heat

Welcome to the board mate. This period in WWE is a weird one, because SmackDown seemed to be firing on all cylinders, but Raw was in the pits af this point, with the acception of a great I Quit match between Orton/Cena and the Orton/Kofi feud. Im more intrigued to see what you do with the red brand than SmackDown tbh. Good luck mate

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Welcome to the BTB section! 2009 was a very intriguing year, you have so much to work with. CM Punk as a budding star, plus Orton and Cena in their prime, not to mention Undertaker and HBK giving it one final go. Your format seems very easy to read, and I love the addition of KOTR in December. Also love bringing back Mind Games as a PPV. You have a reader in me. Good luck writing brother!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

I enjoyed WWE 09 when I was younger, so I'll be excited for this. Looks like you'll be keeping Jeff Hardy around which is a good choice. Everything else looks pretty to the point - bringing in the Money in the Bank PPV a year early might mean some big plans in this booker. Cannot wait to see what you do.

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Welcome to the section!

Good time to pick, as Punk was arguably at his peak as a character at this point having turned heel at the start of the summer, so you’ve a lot of avenues to explore with him. Good luck with Orton/Cena too. It wasn’t a completely bastardised and overdone program at this point, but people will still come in with 2019 eyes, and expect something fresh, so hopefully you’ve got good ideas in store with that.

I see you’ve also changed up the PPV calendar a bit, which should help you put your own spin on things.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Welcome to the site! This is a really interesting time to book and yet not an era you see all that often. Best of luck!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Monday Night Raw Preview
    After last night's Summerslam, John Cena will definitely be looking for answers after he had the WWE title in hand last night, until an interference from a man that has now been confirmed by multiple sources to be Brett Dibiase, the brother of Ted Dibiase Jr. Will John Cena get his retribution?

Also, with news dropping this morning about the celebrity General Manager experiment now over, Vince McMahon is scheduled to be in attendance and make an announcement.

Also scheduled tonight, The Miz vs. The Big Show, Evan Bourne vs Chavo Guerrero and Beth Phoenix, fresh off winning a 20 diva battle royal last night will be in singles action, live, tonight on Raw!

Ooc: The first week of shows, the second week, and the third week are all wrote differently, with the first week very recap heavy. I thought about going back and rewriting to try and make the show better but decided to focus on future shows and just get through this first month. Raw will be posted tomorrow!
    Last edited by Jman; 09-17-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

8/24/09 Monday Night Raw
    Las Vegas, NV

Vince McMahon comes out to open the show, and says that Raw is in need of a credible general manager. Somebody that knows what they're doing. Vince says he's found the new GM and he will introduce them next week on Raw! But until then, Vince is going to restore some order to the show, by announcing two huge matches tonight! The United States Championship will be on the line as Kofi Kingston defends against Mark Henry, and says he knows John Cena will want revenge for what happened last night at SummerSlam, but he'll have to earn it, there will be a fatal four way number one contenders match for the WWE Championship. John Cena vs MVP vs Jack Swagger vs Carlito. He says Randy Orton will have to answer for what he did, orchestrating the interference of someone who's not even an employee of the WWE
    *Voices*

Legacy interrupts. Orton says Legacy is always one step ahead of the competition because they're wrestling royalty. The WWE Champion says Cena took his eye off the ball last night, and that Cena doesn't deserve another chance at the title and says to put Rhodes or DiBiase in the match instead. Vince says they're already booked tonight. Because he had two wrestlers who wanted to join the tag ranks come up to him and ask for a shot. So Rhodes and DiBiase will take on Chris Masters and Santino Marella! Vince ends the segment by saying Orton has tonight off, but next week he is in the main event against Shawn Michaels!

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

Match 1| Evan Bourne vs Chavo Guererro quick match, highlighting the athleticism of both men. Chavo looks for a frog splash, but BOURNE GETS THE KNEES UP! Bourne climbs to the top rope, SHOOTING STAR PRESS! Bourne hooks the leg! 1...2...3!! Winner: Evan Bourne @ 4:36

DX are backstage sitting in massage chairs, as the camera angle is on their faces through the chair. Triple H says "
    wow Shawn if I knew getting the pin got me a chance to get my hands on Orton I would've pinned Cody earlier." HBK laughs and says "ya know Hunter, It may not be for the title, but a sweet chin music will still feel just as good. I have a feeling we're not done with those silver spoon SOBs. So before they even go on the attack we want to put the challenge out there. Breaking Point, Cody and Ted, we go to war one more time. And we've got two words for ya!"

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

Match 2| Beth Phoenix vs Alicia Fox
    Mickie James is on commentary, putting over the women's Title match that Beth earned, saying she wants to scout the opposition. Beth dominates early and throughout. Going through a couple suplexes and side slams before lifting Fox up and dropping her with the Glam Slam! Winner: Beth Phoenix @2:48

The Miz is shown backstage, standing by Kristal Marshall. Kristal asks Miz if he's looking forward to his opportunity to take on a champion tonight, as he goes one on one with The Big Show. Miz scoffs

The Miz:
    Am I excited Kristal? Do I look excited? There's a United States championship match up next, I'd be excited if I was part of that. There's a number one contender match for the WWE title tonight. THAT would get me going. What is a match against one half of the tag champs going to do? I don't even have a tag team partner. So I have to go against that giant FREAK Big Show, who didn't even win the title!! He was Edge's replacement. People forget that like it was ten years ago or something. And what do I gain from this match? Nothing! This company is wasting one of their best assets, their only A-List star. They better recognize it before it's too late. Because I'm the Miz… AND IM AWESOME!!

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

Match 3| Kofi Kingston vs Mark Henry
    This match was a back and forth affair, with Henry looking to use his strength to overpower Kofi, but Kingston able to slip out of most attempts. Henry whipped Kingston into the corner, and Chase's after his opponent looking for a splash - but Kingston moves!! Kofi bounces off the opposite ropes as Henry staggers out and looks for a cross body - CAUGHT BY HENRY, WORLDS STRONGEST SLAM!! Henry makes the cover! 1..2..No!! Kofi gets his shoulder up, and Henry is on the attack. Henry pulls Kingston up by his hair before tossing him into the corner. Henry rams his shoulder into the gut of Kofi, once, twice, th-No! KOFI SUNSET FLIPS HENRY, SHOULDERS DOWN! 1..2..NO!! Henry kicks out, but as he rises to his feet, Kingston is already up, TROUBLE IN PARADISE!!! Hooks the leg! 1..2..3!! Kingston retains his title!
    Winner: Kofi Kingston@ 13:22

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …

John Cena backstage interview saying he got cheated last night, but the only thing royal about Legacy is the ass-whooping they're going to get. Cena adds that if he wins tonight he wants warm up matches against Rhodes and DiBiase before breaking point. "I don't even care what DiBiase it is. Brett, Ted Jr, Ted Sr, or Melanie!"

Match 4| The Miz vs The Big Show
    The bell rings and Miz immediately leaves the ring as Big Show stepped towards him. The referees pleading with Miz to re-enter the ring so the match can get started, otherwise he's going to have to count Miz out. Miz waves his arms and starts walking back up the ramp, but is stopped by Show!! Big Show clubs Miz on the back, grabbing him by the head and walking back towards the ring. Miz elbows free and grabs Show, looking to whip him into the steps - BUT SHOW DOESN'T BUDGE. Instead, Big Show pulls Miz the other way - launching him straight into the barricade!! The referee has started his count (at 4 now) since the men are actually fighting now on the outside. Show lifts Miz up onto his shoulders, looking to lawn dart Miz into the steel post - but Miz slips off, RUNNING SHOW INTO THE POST!! The referees count is at 7 when Miz realizes what's going on, Big Show is still on his feet staggering as Miz runs him into the post again!! Miz rolls in right as the referee counts to 9, followed by 10 with Show still at ringside!!
    Winner: The Miz @ 1:10

Jerry Lawler:
    The Miz just beat a champion in just over a minute!

Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase are seen walking backstage, they're match is next!

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

*Legacy*
    We come back from commercial to Marella and Masters already in the ring, with Legacy making their way down, jawing with the crowd. Just 24 hours after a battle with D-Generation X at Summerslam last night, Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase Jr. appear to be very confident leading into their match with the new tag team.

Match 5 | Legacy vs Santino Marella and Chris Masters This is a short, awkward match as Marella is trying to convince Masters that they can be a good team. But they miscue on each tag move they attempt. A double suplex was mistimed and Marella fell on his back while Masters held up Rhodes, which allowed DiBiase to save Cody after a kick to the stomach followed by a double DDT! Marella grabs DiBiase with a school boy! 1.. No! Cody breaks up the pin instantly and lifts Marella to his feet, looking for a back suplex - reversed, Santino with the bulldog!! DiBiase stands up, waiting for Marella to turn around but Chris Masters gets him in the Master lock!! Santino goes for a big forearm but DiBiase ducks- SANTINO HITS MASTERS! Masters rolls to the outside, as Ted Jr goes behind Santino, DREAM STREET! Cody slides in to give extra leverage on the pin attempt. 1..2..3! Winners: Legacy @ 6:12

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

MVP is shown walking to the ring, with the #1 Contenders match coming up next, and MVP riding the momentum of his victory last night at Summerslam, can he keep ballin? --- WAIT! JACK SWAGGER IS BEHIND HIM WITH STEEL CHAIN!! SWAGGER RUNS THROUGH MVP WITH A SHOT TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!! Swagger continues the assault with Porter on the ground. Hitting him two more times before security can intervene. Road Agents check on MVP as Vince tells Swagger he's out of the main event, and to go home before he decides to arrest him.

Match 6| John Cena vs Carlito vs MVP?
    Cena and Carlito start the match with MVP still being attended to by paramedics in the back. Cena is on the offensive, looking aggressive after being so close to the championship last night. Cena hits a shoulder block, bounces off the ropes and hits another shoulder block. Carlito gets back up, into a fisherman suplex from Cena!! Cena gets up and looks to be going for the Attitude Adjustment! But gets distracted by Randy Orton walking down the aisle! Cena looks out at Orton and waves his arms hoping to goad the champ into the ring. But Cena took his eyes off his opponent too long! CARLITO WITH THE BACKCRACKER!! Carlito goes for the cover! 1..2..No!! Cena kicks out!! Carlito can't believe Cena kicked out, and gets the former champ in a chin lock, digging his knee into Cena's back. Carlito wrenches on the neck but knows he can't win this way so he picks Cena up and backs him into the corner, choking Cena. Referee Jack Doane steps in as he reaches the count of 5 but cena shoves Carlito back- INTO THE REFEREE! Cena lifts Carlito up - ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! But there's no referee to make the cover! Cena gets up, INTO AN RKO!! Orton strikes immediately, with Doane starting to stir he slides back out. And as Orton is walking back up the ramp, DOWN COMES MVP! Holding his head and with his ribs taped up, MVP is on his way to the ring!! Commentary says there's no way he should be out here, MVP slides into the ring as Carlito is using the ropes to pull himself up. MVP kicks Carlito in the stomach, AND HITS THE PLAYMAKER!! MVP for the win! 1..2..NO!! John Cena lunges onto MVP to break up the pin. MVPs face drops as he realizes he missed a great opportunity to put the match away. Cena and MVP are both to their feet at the same time but MVP hits a dropkick to the knee to knock Cena to one knee before hitting a running elbow knocking Cena down. MVP lifts up Cena, looking for the playmaker! CARLITO WITH THE BACKCRACKER ON PORTER!!! But Cena is still up, Carlito doesn't realize it!! CENA LIFTS CARLITO UP, ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! CENA WITH THE PIN! 1...2...3!!!!! Winner: John Cena @ 15:09

John Cena celebrates the victory, as he WILL get his rematch against Randy Orton at Breaking Point.

RKO!!!! RANDY ORTON SNUCK INTO THE RING AND ATTACKED HIS CHALLENGER!! Orton poses to the crowd as we fade out.

****END SHOW****

Curtain Jerker

Status

Tuesday Night ECW Preview
    At Summerslam on Sunday, Christian retained his title in the quickest match in the history of the pay per view. After the match, Regal and his two new oversized henchmen attacked Christian; looking to send a message. How will Christian respond tonight?

Plus, with news of the ECW brand coming to an end; how does that affect the current superstars of the extreme brand?

Also in action, after weeks of baiting Shane Helms and his "alleged" alter ego, it will all come to a head as it's Paul Burchill vs The Hurricane!

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Once again, welcome to the board! Hope you enjoy your time here, and here’s hoping you make a good go at it with this BTB.

So, I like the rather succinct style you’ve got here. Given the activity in the section, it’s sometimes tough to get through shows that are written in exceptional detail, so seeing shows like this sometimes feel more inviting. I like the lay out and the presentation. It’s clear, easy to read, easy to follow, and the colour scheme is perfect. Few issues with spacing, but that’s easily rectified.

I don’t even remember who the Raw GM was in 2009. Was this Guest Host GM era?? Anyway, if so, I think you’re definitely doing the right thing by having an actual, full time GM on the brand, rather than trying to think of a different celebrity to run things every week, and do something “entertaining” with them. Vince signing two big matches here is fine, setting the table for the show, and that four way (aside from Cena) looks like a fresh injection in the main event picture. However, depending on how the match is booked, just putting MVP, Swagger and Carlito into a main event match doesn’t make any of them main eventers, so I’m interested to see how you handle that.

Masters and Marella is a random as hell tag team to throw out there. I know that around this time when he came back, Masters had improved greatly, and Marella was really over as a comedy face … so on the face of it, I don’t hate the idea of this team, but they’re not two guys I’d have ever put together as a potential tag team.

Fine showcase match for Evan Bourne, who can be an exciting underdog highlight reel type guy to have in your midcard. I’m interested to see his progression in this thread.

The DX segment was kinda just there. Felt a bit quick, and lacking in any real humour (DX type humour, anyway) with DX wanting to face Rhodes and DiBiase again, seemingly, just because. I think some segments like this need fleshed out a little better if you’re writing out the dialogue. Otherwise, I’d recap what the gist of the conversation was, like you did with the opening segment, as it would come across a lot better than this did.

I think you’ll need to expand a little more on post-match developments too. After Beth beat Fox, did she send a message to Mickie James at ringside?? Did Mickie do anything?? Did they ignore each other?? Even a brief sentence or two to give us some idea of what’s going on.

The interview with Miz was a big step up from the earlier DX promo, I felt. It’s a big jarring that he’s cutting a scathing promo on a fellow heel, and a 500 pound giant at that. Feels like Miz should be picking on smaller guys, or at least, not raising the ire of a giant. Still, as I say, the dialogue was much better here, and Miz feels like someone you’ll be making a big deal of.

Solid match between Kofi and Henry, but I hate seeing people kick out of big finishers like Kofi did here with the Worlds Strongest Slam. That kind of thing needs to be saved for a major PPV or at least a bigger hyped match – not a title match just announced at the top of the show. Anyway, it’s a notable win for Kofi. Another piece of advice though; it’d be good practice to note at the top of the match that it’s for the U.S Title in future. Again, a little follow up after the match would be nice too. Was there a handshake, did Henry try and attack Kofi, or did Kofi just celebrate with his title??

Decent enough recap of Cena’s interview. But was it made clear that Brett DiBiase was the guy that interfered at SummerSlam?? I wasn’t sure if that was stated on that show, and it hasn’t been directly brought up here, so I’m a bit confused by that point just.

So, I don’t want to harp on about the same points, but The Miz match was another example of needing better follow up on the matches. A random line from Jerry Lawler – when you didn’t use the commentators at all to this point – telling me what I already know isn’t really good enough. Did Miz celebrate his bogus win?? Did Big Show chase after him?? Need to be painting a clearer picture mate. I’m also a bit confused as to what the face/heel alignments are here too. Both guys are heels, right??

Tag match was fine. Marella being a bumbling idiot and screwing up whilst trying to prove he and Masters could be a team seems like it could be a fun angle if you follow it up, but probably the right idea to put the Legacy guys over, and get them back on the winning trail if you’re revisiting the DX feud for Breaking Point.

Good main event. I liked the pre-match angle to heat up the Swagger/MVP issue, which I remember liking at the time. So making that more personal gets a thumbs up from me. Surprised this and the opening segment were all we saw of Vince on the show btw, as I’d have expected at least one or maybe two backstage segments involving him. Anyway, him throwing Swagger out of the match was a fair punishment I felt, as it appeared M.V.P was out of the equation.

M.V.P looked like a star coming back out despite the attack, and the writing for the closing moments of the match was pretty good tbh. Felt like an exciting sequence to end the match, and set Cena up for a rematch with Orton. As I said in my first post, it’s not a great rivalry to be stuck with, so hopefully you’ve ideas in mind to freshen the Cena/Orton feud up going forward. Orton laying out Cena with the RKO was okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. Solid enough way to end the show though.

Overall, you’ve got promise and plenty to build off. Some of the show felt a bit rushed, and spending a little extra time on some of the finer details will help improve this ten fold. Fun read for me though. Hope to see you go from strength to strength here. Good luck!

Curtain Jerker

Status

8/25 ECW
    Phoenix, Arizona

We open with a video package, showing the highlights from ECW's only match at Summerslam; Christian's 8 second pinfall victory over William Regal, followed by The Kings Court attacking the champion post match.

*REGALITY*

William Regal comes out with Jackson and Kozlov. He says everybody thought Kozlov and Jackson would fight each other after trying to one up one another every week for the last month. But that he knew better, and knew how dominant of a tag team they can be. And they'll be looking to make some noise against the Tag Champions very soon. But first- Christian. Regal calls out the ECW Champion, saying Christian didn't even face him like a man. Regal says Christian isn't a fighting champion like people say, and that he deserves a bloody rematch. Christian comes out and says normally he would agree with Regal, but only for people that could last longer than one minute, and that Regal is probably used to being finished in a minute.

There's a pop from the crowd but The trio have had enough with that line - and start to put the boots to Christian. Christian is trying to fight them off but just like two nights ago, the sheer size and strength of Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov are too much to handle. The henchmen hold up Christian as Regal pulls out the brass knuckles!!

BUT CHRIS JERICHO AND THE BIG SHOW ARE RUNNING DOWN THE RAMP! Chris Jericho dropkicks William Regal, and Big Show takes down both behemoths with a double clothesline. Regal rolls out of the ring, but as Zeke is getting up, Jericho hits him with a running bulldog. And Vladimir gets a big boot for his troubles! They follow Regal out of the ring, hightailing it up the ramp to join their leader. Christian yells "who's not a fighting man now?"

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

We come back to a graphic, interim GM Tiffany announced that tonight, William Regal, Ezekiel Jackson and Kozlov will take on Christian and JeriShow in the main event! If Regal and the Kings Court win, he will become the #1 contender to the ECW title!

Match 1| Paul Burchill vs The Hurricane

Paul Burchill is laughing as Hurricane enters the ring. Hurricane whips his cape and poses, but Burchill runs through him with a big boot!!! Burchill lifts up Hurricane, up onto his shoulders, powerslam!! Paul picks the superhero back up, before bieling him across the ring. Hurricane bounces off the canvas, rolling onto his knees. Burchill RUNS THROUGH HURRICANE WITH A HUGE BOOT!! Paul picks Helms up, BURNING HAMMER!! 1..2..3!!
    Winner: Paul Burchill @ 2:08

A graphic pops up of Sheamus and Goldust "Up next!" Matt Striker and Josh Matthews run down the past few weeks of ECW programming, with Sheamus and Goldust forming somewhat of a rivalry, with Sheamus getting the win over the veteran back on August 4th and July 28th. Striker tells us Goldust got hurt in that last match, but makes his return tonight and he wants to take it to the younger Sheamus.

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

We come back from break and Goldust is already in the ring, with Sheamus making his way down the ramp. Staring a hole through Goldust, no playing to the fans or psyching himself up. Straight business from the Irishman.

Match 2 | Sheamus vs Goldust

Sheamus was in control throughout the match. Goldusts only "offense" came when Sheamus had him ready for a belly to belly, and Goldust squeezed Sheamus' butt. It stopped the move, but it did not stop the attack as Sheamus ran through Goldust with a brogue kick!! Before lifting him up and dropping him with the Celtic Cross!! 1..2..3!
    Winner: Sheamus @ 3:14

We cut to the General Managers office backstage. With the announcement that there will only be 6 more weeks of ECW, Tiffany let's everyone know they are all on watch as every superstar will be drafted to either Raw or SmackDown. And that last episode of ECW will be a special 2 hour event!

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

Match 3| Shelton Benjamin vs Local Talent

This is a showcase match for Shelton Benjamin. He gets in all his offense, stopping the local competitor from gaining momentum at every turn. The jobber reverses an Irish whip into the corner, but as he looks for a clothesline in the corner he catches turnbuckle as Benjamin slips out, hits the ropes and hits the splash in the corner! Then grabs his opponent, t-bone suplex!!! Shelton helps the poor guy up and drops him with the paydirt!! He covers! 1..2..3!!
    Winner: Shelton Benjamin @ 4:37

Zack Ryder comes out, and says good riddance to ECW. He says they never should have brought it back, and the only reason it was even successful this long is because Ryder is a part of the show. Ryder says that he can't wait to go to a real brand like raw or SmackDown. Stating ECW has always been third in a two horse race. But that he will be issuing an open challenge at the final ECW event to any former ecw alumni. To prove that ECW has always been second rate.
    *Dreamer*
    Tommy Dreamer interrupts Ryder, as the only ECW alumni active right now. Dreamer makes his way to the ring with a steel chair - and HE LEVELS RYDER WITH IT!! Dreamer plays to the fans as Ryder rolls out of the ring.

…
    …
    *COMMERCIAL BREAK*
    …
    …

As we come back from commercial there is a graphic announcing this Friday on SmackDown we will see CM Punk taking on Chris Jericho!

Match 4| Christian, Chris Jericho and Big Show vs Regal, Jackson and Kozlov

This match breaks into chaos almost immediately, as Kozlov and Jackson keep goading Jericho and Big Show. Finally after Kozlov illegally enters the ring to make sure Christian can't make the tag, the tag champions make their way into the ring and it's on! Show and Kozlov are fighting on the outside, as Jericho and Christian work together to take down Ezekiel. Jericho cross bodies Jackson and both go over the top rope! As the referee checks on Jackson and Jericho, Regal pulls out the brass knuckles, POWER OF THE PUNCH!! Regal tosses the knuckles away, and makes the cover! 1..2..3!!
    Winners: The King's Court @ 8:55

The Kings Court wins! Regal gets a pin over the champion! Matt Striker tells us that Regal is heading to Breaking Point to face Christian for the ECW Championship! The show closes with Regal and his henchmen standing tall in the ring.

**End Show**

Curtain Jerker

Status

Friday Night Smackdown Preview

The most talked about moment from Summerslam this past Sunday was the return of the Deadman. After CM Punk successfully defended his World Heavyweight Championship against Jeff Hardy in a hard fought TLC match; the lights went off, and when they came back on The Undertaker was in the ring. He choke slammed the champion, making his intentions known. Will The Phenom be at SmackDown this Friday? How will CM Punk respond?

Rey Mysterio also defended his Intercontinental title in a match against Dolph Ziggler, but was injured during the match. With Rey unable to defend his title in the next month he was forced to vacate it. With multiple superstars chomping at the bit for a chance, what will be the fate of the Intercontinental Championship?

Tune in Friday Night to find out!

Curtain Jerker

Status

OOC: Got caught up with my day job, and now in London on vacation, but want to keep the ball rolling so here is SmackDown. Raw coming in a couple days. The next few weeks of shows should be less of a recap.

8/28/09 SmackDown
    Phoenix, AZ

CM Punk comes out, he mentions that he did what he said he was gonna do. And he thinks Jeff Hardy injures himself on purpose to get more pain killers. Then he says someone stuck his nose where it doesn't belong, he says this championship comes with a target on his back. But I'm not backing down from anybody. Dead or alive. Undertaker, face me like a man! The lights go out! GONG!! The lights come back on with Punk spinning around in the ring looking for Taker, but there's nobody there. The mind games start with CM Punk from the Deadman. Punk leaves the ring looking for answers

Dolph Ziggler is in Teddy Long's office, and says that he should be the new intercontinental champion since he was the one to injure Rey. Long says "you don't get rewarded for hurting your opponent playa you get rewarded for BEATING your opponent. But you'll have a chance to win the title at Breaking Point. Because we're going to have an 8 man tournament with the finals taking place at the PPV to crown the new champion. And you better get ready Dolph.. cause your match is up next!

*Kane's fire pyro goes off*

As Kane walks to the ring JR tells everyone SmackDown is short handed tonight as THREE different SmackDown superstars were injured this past Sunday at Summerslam. Jeff Hardy got hurt falling from the ladder and will be out indefinitely. And the other two injuries came at the hands of these two men. The Great Khali hurt his knee in a match with Kane and while Rey Mysterio successfully defended his Intercontinental title against Dolph Ziggler, afterwards the medical staff let him know he can't wrestle for at least two months. Meaning he had to relinquish the title, which is what led to this tournament being created by our general manager.
    Match 1| Kane vs Dolph Ziggler

…
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

The two men who injured their opponents Sunday night square off, with Ziggler spending most of the commercial break trying to avoid Kane. And its working until Kane chases him all the way around the ring on the outside, Dolph tries for a baseball slide as Kane climbs in but Dolph misses! Kane pulls him out by his legs and he hits the floor with hard impact! Kane lifts Dolph up, over his head in a military press! Before tossing him through the middle rope back into the ring. Kane rolls in to the ring, but is met by an elbow drop from Ziggler. Dolph is stomping on Kane but The Big Red Machine gets up anyways, and stops him in his tracjs with a huge uppercut! Dolph hits the mat but bounces right back up, Kane looks for the big boot, Ziggler ducks AND KANES FOOT IS STUCK ON THE TOP ROPE - ZIG ZAG!! Hooks the leg! 1..2..No!! The crowd pops for the kickout of the finisher. Ziggler pulls at his hair. Kane uses the ropes to pull himself up, FAMOUSER!! Dolph doesn't let up as Kane was rising to his feet he pulls out another signature move, BUT KANE ROLLS OUT OF THE RING!! Dolph looks mad he can't make the cover, and he knows he's not rolling kane back in the ring easily. He starts to climb up the turnbuckle, Kane is on his feet, Dolph leaps off for a cross body - CAUGHT BY KANE, RAN INTO THE STEEL POST!! Kane drops Ziggler! Kane picks up his opponent and rolls him into the ring, following him in. Kane pulls at the glove and taunts to the crowd. Dolph is rising to his feet, Kane grabs the throat! Lifts him up - NO! DOLPH COUNTERS INTO A LEAPING DDT!! Dolph wastes no time making the pin! 1..2..3!!
    Winner: Dolph Ziggler @ 13:18

…
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

Michelle McCool is stretching backstage when Melina walks up and picks up her Divas title, admiring it. McCool stands up and says not to touch what isn't hers. Melina says well it won't be McCools.. for long.

Commentary lets us know the match up next is part of our Intercontinental title tournament.
    Match 2 | Mike Knox vs R-Truth
    As Knox is climbing into the ring, Truth hits the scissors kick! Pinfall! 1..2..3! Truth picks up the fast victory! Winner: R-Truth @ 0:05

R-Truth celebrates and rolls out of the ring quickly, winning the match instantly. Truth moves on in the tournament! Knox is in the ring seething.

We cut to the back where Matt Hardy is standing by with Josh Matthews

Josh Matthews:
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm joined by Matt Hardy, who asked for this time tonight. Matt, why did you request this interview?"

Matt Hardy:
    "Josh, I asked for this time because it was the only way I was getting on the show tonight. I was overlooked for the intercontinental title tournament for some reason even though guys like Mike Knox who didn't even last 10 seconds, and past their prime veterans like Finlay got chances. CM Punk took out my brother on Sunday night, and I can't even get a shot at him because The Undertaker decided he wants to work again.

So I asked for this time tonight to remind SmackDown I'm one of the best they've got. And they've made a huge mistake overlooking me. Oh, and Punk... I will get my revenge for Jeff."

Matt tosses the mic back to Josh Matthews before walking off, looking energized and angry.

Commentary lets us know this match is part of the IC title tournament.
    Match 3 | Charlie Haas vs John Morrison

Haas wins the early tie up and looks to wear down the legs of Morrison early, limiting his athleticism.
    …
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

Haas knocks John down and looks for a submission but gets pushed away, Morrison nips up! Dropsault! Both men are back on their feet instantly, and Morrison is on the attack, spinning wheel kick!! Haas clutches at his jaw as he gets to his feet a little slower this time. Morrison grabs him, STO backbreaker!! Followed by a Russian leg sweep! Morrison looking for the early win! 1..2. No! Haas kicks out, and as Morrison brings him to his feet, Haas reverses, back body drop! Morrison bounces up quickly but is caught by Haas- NORTHERN LIGHTS SUPLEX! And now Morrison is the one taking his time getting to his feet! And when he does Haas is on top of him, arm drag - No! Morrison flipped out of it and landed on his feet! Heel kick connects! Haas is down, standing shooting star press! Hooks the leg! 1..2-No! Haas gets a shoulder up! Morrison pulls Haas into position near the corner, looking for the starship pain- BUT HAAS IS UP AND SHOVES HIM OVER THE ROPE TO THE FLOOR!! Mike Chioda goes to check on Morrison, and while he's on the outside nobody notices Charlie Haas taking off the turnbuckle padding! Haas rolls to ringside, helping Morrison to his feet, only to whip him into the barricade! Morrison yells in agony as his back smacks across the barrier. Haas rolls him back into the ring and follows inside. He helps Morrison to his feet, walking him over to the corner looking to smash his head into the exposed turnbuckle! But Morrison hits Haas in the ribs to stop him in his tracks. Haas responds with a big uppercut! Morrison slumps into the corner, Haas charges at him, clothesline, NO! Morrison rolled out of the way and HAAS RUNS CHEST FIRST INTO THE EXPOSED TURNBUCKLE!! Morrison grabs Haas, twists him around - MOONLIGHT DRIVE!! Hooks the leg! 1..2..3!!
    Winner: John Morrison @ 12:47

Jim Ross:
    John Morrison moves on in the tournament! He will face the winner of Finlay and Jimmy Wang Yang next week on SmackDown. And we've just got word of a huge main event tonight, it's going to be CM Punk taking on Chris Jericho!

*Raw rebound*
    We are shown a replay of the announcement by Vince McMahon stating a new general manager will be revealed next Monday on Raw!

Knox and Haas both show up in Teddy Long's office saying they got cheated out of their shot at the title. Long says they'll get a chance next week for another number one contendership. But together, as part of a tag team turmoil match playa!
    ]
    …
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

Cryme Tyme (along with Eve) and Hart Dynasty meet backstage, both saying they're going to win the tag turmoil match next week. Let's have a match this week to prepare, when Teddy Long walks past. Actually it's gonna be the ladies tonight playas. Natalya vs Eve!

Up next is a round 1 matchup for the IC Title Tournament
    Match 4| Jimmy Wang Yang vs Finlay

Fun contrasting styles here leads to an exciting match. Yet a short one, as Yang goes for a moonsault but eats canvas! Finlay lifts him up for the Celtic Cross, hooks the leg! 1..2..3!
    Winner: Finlay @ 3:22
    …
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

We come back from commercial with a graphic showing three matches now confirmed for next week. We have a tag team turmoil match to determine the number one contenders. And as part of the IC title tournament, Finlay will take on John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler will take on R-Truth.

Then we cut to the back where Chris Jericho and Big Show are standing talking together. Big Show asks why they even had to get involved with Christian and William Regals problems on ECW. Jericho says that him and Christian go way back, and knew Regal would use his numbers advantage to attack the ECW champion again, so he wanted to save him as a favor for Jericho's former tag team partner Edge. Jericho thanks Big Show for his help, noting he didn't have to help him.

Just then CM Punk enters, insulting Jericho's integrity, saying he'll need all the help he can get tonight. Jericho says he doesn't need Big Show in his corner to beat a Punk, and points out that Punk may have his hands full with The Undertaker anyways. "See you out there, champ" says Jericho as he and Show walk away from the Straight Edge Superstar.

Match 5| Eve vs Natalya -
    Short, clunky match. Natalya is too much for Eve as she is able to overpower her easily. Natalya gets a few suplexes in before trapping Eve in the middle of the ring with a sharpshooter. Eve tries to reach for the bottom rope but taps out almost immediately. Winner: Natalya @ 2:29

Natalya gets the win, and Hart Dynasty are bragging to Cryme Tyme as JR plugs the tag team turmoil match both these teams will be a part of next week, with the winners taking on this man!
    *Break the walls down*
    Chris Jericho comes out by himself, but carrying his championships, looking ready for a big non-title shot against the champion.
    *Cult of personality*
    And CM Punk struts his way to the ring, giving the fans disgusted looks. One fan holds out a beer and Punk smacks it out of his hand on his way down the ramp before stepping into the ring.

Match 6| CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Jericho and Punk go to tie up, and Punk pokes Jericho in the eye! Punk ducks behind Y2J, and drops him with a Russian leg sweep!

…
    …
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    …
    …

Punk is in full control as we return, he has a half Boston crab locked in, digging his knee into the back of Jericho. Chris crawls his way towards the ropes and gets a hand on it! The referee starts his count, and Punk has to release before the 5. He helps Y2J to his feet, knee to the stomach, double underhook backbreaker!! Welcome to Chicago! Punk hooks the leg. 1..2.no! Jericho kicks out, but Punk doesn't waste any time picking his opponent up, whips him into the corner, runs in BUT JERICHO GETS THE BOOTS UP.

Punk staggers back and Jericho hits a running forearm smash! Punk is in a bad spot, Jericho hits the middle ropes looking for the Lionsault - NOBODY HOME! Punk rolled out of the ring. CM Punk climbs up onto the apron, and jumps up, flying clothesline! The champion is rolling! Punk wrenches the arm of his opponent, picking apart Y2J, going after the legs early and now working on the arm. Y2J is trying to reach for the ropes with his foot, but is too far away!! Jericho uses his free hand to punch himself free, but as Punk let's go of the arm lock, he grabs Jericho and pulls him back into a headlock! Jericho is pushing to his feet, and lifts Punk up and drops him with a back suplex!!

Both men are up at the same time, and they start trading blows!! Right hand from Punk, right hand from Jericho, leg kick from Punk, Mongolian chop from Jericho, spinning back fist from Punk-No!! Jericho ducks, Punk does a 360, and Y2J hits a step up enziguiri!! The fans pop for the sequence of shots from both men.

Jericho picks Punk up and sends him out of the ring through the middle rope! Jericho follows him out, whipping the champion into the barricade! Jericho then lifts him up and drops him rib first onto the barrier! Punk clutches at his ribs, then makes a desperation lariat attempt, but Jericho ducks under, grabs Punk in a full Nelson, facebuster!!! Punk is down as the referees count reaches 5! But Jericho rolls him into the ring, looking to score the victory by pinfall or submission. He hooks Punks leg! 1..2.No! The champion gets his shoulder up, but is looking worse for wear after the brief onslaught from his opponent.

Jericho is up, and whips Punk into the corner. Running clothesline!! Punk staggers out as Jericho hits the ropes, one handed bulldog - PUNK PUSHES HIM AWAY! Punk pushes Jericho into the opposite corner, and follows with an immediate high knee!!! Followed up by a bulldog from the champion!!! Punk makes the cover! 1..2..No! Jericho kicks out, keeping the match going. Punk waits for Jericho to get to his feet on his own, scoops him up, looking for the GTS! But Jericho throws an elbow, and another, and one more before he's able to slip off of Punks shoulders. And dropkicks the back of Punks head!!

Punk stumbles forward, leaning on the ropes, Jericho runs forward looking to clothesline him, but Punk ducks and back body drops Jericho over the top! JERICHO LANDS ON HIS FEET!! Jericho lands on the apron, and catches Punk with a big forearm shot to the jaw. Jericho runs across the apron to the turnbuckle, climbing to the top rope. Diving cross body takes down Punk!!! But he rolls through!! PUNK LIFTS JERICHO UP, PUTS HIM ON HIS SHOULDERS - GO TO SLEEP!!! The GTS connects!! But Jericho falls right near the bottom rope, and smartly rolls to the outside!! Punk looks irritated Jericho rolled out, but content to win by count out he tells referee Jack Doane to make the count. Jericho isn't even stirring and Doane begins the 10 count.
    Jericho starts to show signs of life, pulling his head up, he reaches an arm up to the barricade to help himself up.
    Jericho is up to one knee, taking a second to regain his composure on the outside, which Punk notices
    Jericho now stands up, looking to get back on the ring, but here comes Punk!! He dives through the middle rope, SUICIDE DIVE - NO! CAUGHT BY JERICHO INTO A CODEBREAKER!!!!! WHAT A COUNTER!!! *HOLY SHIT*

JR says you can hear what the fans think of this match, an absolute classic going on here on SmackDown! Both men are down and out, Jericho still selling the GTS he took just moments ago. Referee Jack Doane conveniently checks on both competitors a couple times before starting his 10 count. Jericho is the first to get to his feet, and he helps Punk back into the ring as the count reaches 7. Jericho follows him in and makes the cover! 1..2. No!! Punk gets the shoulder up, the extended time outside giving him a chance to recoup. Jericho stands up, and grabs the legs of the champion, turning him over in THE WALLS OF JERICHO!! He wrenches back, as the referee asks Punk if he wants to tap out! Punk reaches for the ropes but he's squarely in the middle of the ring!! Nowhere to go, as Jericho digs his knee into the back of Punk!! Punk raises his hand, screaming in agony, is he going to tap out?!

BIG BOOT TO THE FACE OF JERICHO!! ITS KOZLOV AND JACKSON!!

Winner by DQ: Chris Jericho @ 18:12

Jackson lifts Jericho up to his feet, BOOK OF EZEKIEL!! And Kozlov follows up, hitting Jericho with the Iron Curtain!!
    William Regal is with them, and is heard saying "they'll be here next week for the tag team turmoil match dear boy. You shouldn't have started meddling where you don't belong." Regal then hits Jericho with the brass knuckles!! Big Show runs down the ramp, but The Kings Court scatter out of the ring, making their way up the ramp, a HUGE message sent to the tag team champions!

CM Punk is still in the ring, recovering from the battle with Y2J. As he goes to walk away - THE LIGHTS GO OUT!! When they come back on, THERE IS A CASKET OUTSIDE OF THE RING!! The casket is open, but empty. When a dark silhouette of the Undertakers face is shown on the titantron.

The Undertaker: "CM Punk, at Breaking Point - you will REST IN PEACE."

The lid of the casket then SLAMS SHUT all on its own! CM Punk jumps back a little bit, startled. He says off mic "it's just the wind"

"The message is loud and clear folks, at Breaking Point it's going to be CM Punk vs The Undertaker, in a casket match!!"

*End show*

Thread Information