Thread: Boxing Discussion & Announcement Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Boxing Discussion & Announcement Thread

I figure no use posting separate thread for each fight so I will post fight announcements in here, and also reminders the day before fights.

Did anyone watch the Fury fight last night? The cut looked terrible, how close was it? I saw it went the distance.

I'm going to go watch it this week on the ESPN + app.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Boxing Discussion & Announcement Thread

Not seen the Fury fight but the scorecards were pretty wide. The cut did look nasty, Fury has complained about leading with the head. Warren has said the cuts may lead to Wilder/Fury II being pushed back a little but it's too early to tell.

Ruiz Jnr has also told Fury he couldn't beat him with one hand tied behind his back after that performance too haha, brilliant banter from the Champ.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Watched it when I randomly saw it on the TV grid. Interesting fight. The cut wasn't dirty but the follow up was. Wallin wasn't just targeting it, he was dirty boxing at times. The head lead and he even tried to thumb it at the end of one round, which should have been a points deduction at the very least. Wallin was never really winning the fight but the possibility of being stopped due to the cut made things interesting.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status
      Country                    United States

Thanks guys, that's an interesting explanation of what happened after the cut opened.

Heel Champion

Status

Honestly and this may seem questionable but I respected Wallin's tactics. Fury was all around the better boxer and he was well winning the fight, but Wallin saw a way to win and while some of his tactics may have been questionable, end of the day an old coach told me. When you look back in the history books years on, all everyone will talk about is who got their hand raised. Same time all credit to Fury, my father who has been involved in the boxing game for over 60 years has never been impressed with Fury as he considered his style as being a rank amateur only accentuated by his size. Yet some of his performances, especially the one with Wilder have shown that there's a lot more to him than just his size. He's got heart and he's getting in great shape.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Honestly and this may seem questionable but I respected Wallin's tactics. Fury was all around the better boxer and he was well winning the fight, but Wallin saw a way to win and while some of his tactics may have been questionable, end of the day an old coach told me. When you look back in the history books years on, all everyone will talk about is who got their hand raised. Same time all credit to Fury, my father who has been involved in the boxing game for over 60 years has never been impressed with Fury as he considered his style as being a rank amateur only accentuated by his size. Yet some of his performances, especially the one with Wilder have shown that there's a lot more to him than just his size. He's got heart and he's getting in great shape.
    I respect Wallin actually going for it. He just slowly folded under the pressure and pounding. I generally don't have a problem with some dirty boxing, as long as it isn't pushing things too far. And honestly, aiming for the big vagina on Fury's head made sense. I think I would have perceived that targeting as worse if it had been opened up in a dirty way in the first place, but it wasn't. The only thing I really disliked by Wallin was the thumbing attempt. The head leads were cheap but not awful, and Fury has ways of making him pay for those.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Canelo vs Kovalev pretty hype for this. One of the biggest guys Canelo has faced in Boxing, but I'm not sure Kovalev will be able to keep up with the speed of Canelo. GGG vs Sergiy Derevyanchenko in October too yeah buddy!

Thread Information