Thread: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - United States Champion AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexander

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Night of Champions WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - United States Champion AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Standing before Cedric Alexander is a golden opportunity and a phenomenal opponent. The former WWE Cruiserweight Champion will challenge AJ Styles for the United States Title at WWE Clash of Champions, bringing a simmering rivalry to a boil and potentially making Alexander one fo the few 205 Live veterans to hold a title on Raw or SmackDown LIVE.

Honorifics aside, the match has the potential to be one of Sunday night’s most exciting contests. Alexander and Styles are nothing if not two sides of the same coin, stylistically-speaking, and the WWE Universe got a taste of what they can do on Monday night in a singles match before The O.C. broke up the action, handing Alexander a disqualification win. The former Cruiserweight Champion pinned The Phenomenal One at the conclusion of a wild 10-Man Tag Team Match later in the night, thereby setting the stage for Sunday’s clash at Clash.

Of course, this may not be as simple as Superstar vs. Superstar. Styles’ compadres in The O.C. are never far from his side; indeed, the good brothers’ unprovoked attack on Alexander last week sparked this rivalry in the first place. If anybody can overcome the odds, it’s Cedric Alexander, but it’ll take every ounce of his heart to climb to the summit.

Tune in to WWE Clash of Champions this Sunday, streaming live at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network to see who emerges as United States Champion.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - United States Champion AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexande

Cedric has been on the upswing, and both are great in the ring. It should be a solid match.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - United States Champion AJ Styles vs Cedric Alexande

Cedric does nothing for me apart from a good in-ring wrestler. Other than that, he's really bland. Should be a good match, nothing more, nothing less.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Did this match happen on the indies? feels like it did.

On the men's side of the show this is the match that interests me the most because of the focus on pushing Ced atm, giving him that win in at MSG, feels like anything could happen here. My only hesitance is that the AJ/Ricochet matches didn't really meet my expectations so the same thing could happen here.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Have people liked the AJ US title run so far? The PPV matches have felt a little flat to me. Is he doing better on tv?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Did this match happen on the indies? feels like it did.
    Looks like it happened at ROH Death Before Dishonor 12 Night 2 and some PWX event with Styles winning both in 2014.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I am all for a Cedric Alexander push have been a big fan of his since ROH. I honestly thought he was being wasted on 205 Live at least from a mainstream approach. I feel like AJ may lose the belt here because if he's retiring soon he will give back to the bussiness

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information