Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 2, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 2, 2019

Monday Night Raw Preview
    September 2, 2019

Can Ricochet repeat history in the King of the Ring semifinals

The first genuine shocker of the King of the Ring tournament came last Monday when Ricochet ousted Drew McIntyre in the Round of 16 to place himself on a collision course with Samoa Joe in the quarterfinals. On paper, Joe has the momentum — he’s coming off a brawling, first-round win over Cesaro — and the strength advantage, but Ricochet has something else on his side: The high-flyer defeated Joe at WWE Stomping Grounds to win the United States Championship not too long ago. With Ricochet looking to repeat history and Joe looking to rewrite it, this one will simply come down to which Superstar wants it more. So who’s it gonna be?

Cedric faces down Corbin... but there's a problem

Perennial underdog Cedric Alexander has been making a name for himself over the last few weeks, earning victories against Drew McIntyre and Cesaro as well as a quick defeat of Sami Zayn that sent the former WWE Cruiserweight Champion to the second round of the King of the Ring tournament.

A quarterfinal bout against the returning — and surging — Baron Corbin should give Alexander ample opportunity to cement himself as a star, but one question mark lingers over the match: a leg that took an absolute pounding during Cedric’s victory over Cesaro last week and is sure to be a big target for the man who is already calling himself King Corbin. Alexander shouldn’t be counted out, but facing a healthy, motivated Corbin does hand him a pre-match disadvantage, and he’ll need all of his heart to overcome it.

Banks' statement

Upon her return a few weeks ago, Sasha Banks made it clear that she wants people to be talking about her, and for reasons other than whatever hypothetical tears she shed in a New Jersey locker room.

The Boss is out for the bag, having mangled Natalya in the ring last week while sending the very clear implication that her true target is Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch. The Man has remained uncharacteristically distant so far, lobbing insults from afar while taking credit for Sasha’s renewed relevance: A challenger is only as good as her champion, after all.

She may have a point there, but Lynch should know better than anyone that getting the attention of the crowd is the first step to domination. Sasha will come knocking on her door, and Becky must be ready to go if she wants to control the narrative the way she has all year.

Rey Mysterio returns to Raw

Two weeks after his son Dominick pulled him from the brink of retirement, Rey Mysterio will return to Raw tonight.

A crushing 2-out-of-3 Falls Match loss to Andrade nearly caused The Ultimate Underdog to hang up his mask for good, but an inspirational appeal from his son – who wants to team up with his father in WWE someday – led Mysterio to change his mind. Although many in the WWE Universe support the masked icon’s decision to continuing competing in WWE, his critics question whether this choice was a wise one.

Regardless, Mysterio is ready for the next challenge when he returns to Monday Night Raw.

Monday Night Braulins

WWE Clash of Champions is going to be an interesting night for Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman, who will defend their Raw Tag Team Titles against Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode before battling each other over The Beastslayer’s Universal Championship.

That puts the pair in the extremely complicated position of having to combat a team nobody knows much about, while also having to feel each other out in advance of a fight for Raw’s ultimate prize. For each man to get what he wants will take a true display of four-dimensional chess. Time will tell whose mind is up to the task.

Tune in to Raw, live at 8/7 C tonight on USA Network!

Firefly Funhouse returns tonight for an all-new episode

The last time we saw The Fiend, he brutalized WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler on Raw, but tonight, we will evidently see the other side of Bray Wyatt as “Firefly Fun House” returns with a brand-new episode.

What hijinks will unfold upon our return to Wyatt’s Fun House, and will we get any insight as to what is next for either Wyatt or the horrifying Fiend? Tune in to Raw tonight to find out!

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - September 2, 2019

Becky and Bailey vs Alexa and Nikki, too.

Actually dig all these matchups tonight.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Please don't let me down tonight Raw Joe vs Ricochet should be a great clash of High Flying and Physicality. I wouldn't mind the Tag Title switch with Roode and Ziggler getting this Strowman vs Rollins feud truly started. Rey Rey returning to Action, and even though the Women's Tag has no sizzle going for it, it should be a good Match if all goes well.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

They've strung together quite a few solid episodes in a row in my eyes. Judging by the preview, tonight looks like it'll be fairly good as well.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Agree with Raye! I'm excited for this.

Disappointed with the whole Braun & Seth taking the titles from Gallows & Anderson, and I'm not a fan of Bliss & Nikki in this current run/form but everything else looks good.

Cant wait to see what we get from the Fiend and another episode of the Firefly Fun House! :D

I'm also sad that Joe & Ricochet had to meet at this stage. I want both of them to win Haha!

"LET ME IN.."

On Vacation

Status

Welp at least WWE is giving us a treat having the Universal Contract Signing at the beginning of the Show, rather than the end of the Show.

Character Jobber

Status

Aw, Hell, King Corbin!

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

On Vacation

Status

Pretty good Raw so far. Styles tore Rollins and Strowman to shreds during on the Contract signing, and Lacey wins over Nattie. Corbin vs Alexander now let's see if the King Corbin Apocalypse continues.

Hail To The King

Status

Corbin vs. Alexander is fun really good

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Corbin vs. Alexander is fun really good
    Dare I say the best Match of the KOTR so far. Joe vs Ricochet was good too, double pinfall which means Corbin will get a bye most likely!

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

RAW IS VAR.

On Vacation

Status

Imagine if Corbin beats Joe and Ricochet next Week. Rain from the Heavens will be Red.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Dare I say the best Match of the KOTR so far. Joe vs Ricochet was good too, double pinfall which means Corbin will get a bye most likely!
    Lol it was great match maybe the best in Corbins career please i would love King Corbin

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Lol it was great match maybe the best in Corbins career please i would love King Corbin
    It pretty much needs to happen at this point. We would never hear the end of it too from his Mouth kinda how Jericho would always plug I'm the first Undisputed Champion.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Bayley turning heel ‘could’ be interesting angle, but disappointing that it’s coming in the form of someone else’s feud that didn’t need it and had a 1 episode build to it. Bayley is currently the SD champion, and they are building something with Becky when she needs to defend her own title, the timing feels all wrong.

will have to go back and watch this Corbin match cause I’m seeing plenty praise for it.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bayley turning heel ‘could’ be interesting angle, but disappointing that it’s coming in the form of someone else’s feud that didn’t need it and had a 1 episode build to it. Bayley is currently the SD champion, and they are building something with Becky when she needs to defend her own title, the timing feels all wrong.

will have to go back and watch this Corbin match cause I’m seeing plenty praise for it.
    It really was a really good match. Corbin looked great and so did Alexander.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Pause.

Now this isn't the first time WWE has giving us a tease of Bayley turning. Last time around WWE spun it like Bayley lost control of her anger and she was back to her old ways. Smackdown I'm really looking forward to how Bayley acts. I've said it before and say it again: Bayley if she wants to turn Heel fully cut your Hair and then I'll believe it. Could you imagine if Bayley would of had some Scissors cut her hair, throwing away her childish things walking away with Sasha tonight. I would of loved to see that and we just might see some of that attitude Tuesday night.

For sure see Corbin/Alexander it was a banger.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Pause.

Now this isn't the first time WWE has giving us a tease of Bayley turning. Last time around WWE spun it like Bayley lost control of her anger and she was back to her old ways. Smackdown I'm really looking forward to how Bayley acts. I've said it before and say it again: Bayley if she wants to turn Heel fully cut your Hair and then I'll believe it. Could you imagine if Bayley would of had some Scissors cut her hair, throwing away her childish things walking away with Sasha tonight. I would of loved to see that and we just might see some of that attitude Tuesday night.

For sure see Corbin/Alexander it was a banger.
    Corbin looked like a million bucks too now that the dress shirt is gone. Corbin feels like a bad ass again and has been impressive in tour. I still think Ricochet wins.

Looks like Corbin been hitting gym too

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Ya'll sleeping on my boy Corbin, banger of a match with Alexander. KING CORBIN~!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

There's too much Corbin praise guys, its weird, go back to hating him.

Thread Information