Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1410

Thread: 2019 NFL Season Discussion (100th Year Special!)

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019 NFL Season Discussion (100th Year Special!)

Just want to say it's super cathartic to see my Texans get the emphatic W over the Pats. Back in the early years of the decade when were arguably at our peak, it felt like it was always the Pats who were there to put us in our place and it's been nearly a decade since we picked up a win against them. It's a big win for the team for multiple reasons as well as a bit of a moral victory for myself. If we can just get on a roll here to close out the season I think we stand a chance of knocking off some people in the postseason. I'd love to get another round of Watson vs. Jackson in the Playoffs and hopefully, you know, win this time around.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Today Zero will rejoice...Rigerboat Ron has been fired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

It was beyond time, and we need to see what this team is without him.

Status

Crazy that the Steelers almost hired him over Mike Tomlin.

Cardcaptor

Status

He got them to a SB, and yet Jason Garrett still has a job in Dallas.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Why do so many Dallas fans want him to be your head coach? So many I have seen when the Cowboys are Lincoln Riley's dream job. Root for him, not RR! Ron's best fit is for a down team that can be D first but needs a culture change, similar to what we were in 2011. I think Cleveland would be an intriguing fit but my hunch is the head G-Man will get his latest favorite son up to New York.

Hail To The King

Status

Rivera is a good coach. Its a shame to see him go he will land on his feet though

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Maniacal Martyr

Status

Hopefully the Giants or bears can take Rivera, it's a shame he had to be cut and yet Garrett is still there.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Not sure I’d want Ron as coach of the Giants...

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Reports are already out that Mike McCarthy is a leading candidate in Carolina.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

If McCarthy is the choice I hope Tepper sells the team again.

Cardcaptor

Status

Oh, I wouldn't want Rivera as coach or anything. I'm just saying, at least he gets you to a SB.

American Ninja

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Just want to say it's super cathartic to see my Texans get the emphatic W over the Pats. Back in the early years of the decade when were arguably at our peak, it felt like it was always the Pats who were there to put us in our place and it's been nearly a decade since we picked up a win against them. It's a big win for the team for multiple reasons as well as a bit of a moral victory for myself. If we can just get on a roll here to close out the season I think we stand a chance of knocking off some people in the postseason. I'd love to get another round of Watson vs. Jackson in the Playoffs and hopefully, you know, win this time around.
    Hell yeah man. I've been a Texans fan literally since day 1 and it's crazy to look back on how the Patriots have dominated the NFL throughout the entire 18 years we've existed in the NFL. One of my favorite Texans games of all time was the 2003 game against New England in Houston the year they went on to win their second Super Bowl we were only a 1.6 year old expansion franchise and we took them DEEP into overtime, we blocked a Vinatieri(sp?) field goal and almost had them, it was almost a tie they won it with a field goal with like 30 seconds left in overtime. That game was the last time they ever trailed anyone that season they went on to win the Super Bowl on the same field.

I don't even remember the 40-7 beat down in 2006. There were a lot of beat down losses those years they all kind of run together for me now looking back at that era.

The win over them in 2009(holy shit that was 10 years ago!) was one of our sweetest wins at the time, it was a weird game though. It was essentially a meaningless game for New England it was the last game of the year and they had already tied up the playoff spot. Wes Welker gets injured early in the game and it was weird because Belichick benched Brady at one point to rest him for the playoffs but then he put him back in later in the game. The win clinched our first winning season at 9-7 and even though we missed the playoffs that felt good at the time after posting losing(or 8-8) records our first 7 years.

But then it was just unreal. I got so fucking tired of this team laying down for the Patriots.

The 2012 games will always haunt me, Vince Wilfork just completely manhandling Chris Myers like a grown man against a boy, jesus, we were fucking 11-1. That loss cut the heart out of that team and they were never the same again the rest of that year. The best season we ever had gets brought to an unceremonious end against them in the rematch in the playoffs and it wasn't even close.

The 2013 game was rigged horseshit we should have won that game but it was one of those fixed games where the referees determined the outcome from the start. So much pass interference in that game that went uncalled it just made my stomach turn.

Then you got the 2015 and 2016 prime time beat downs, just complete fucking embarrassments that made the Texans the laughing stock of the NFL. The 2016 playoff game loss was the one that hurt me the most, I REALLY fucking wanted that one. Even with Brock Osweiler I thought we could have and should have pulled that upset off I really loved our defense that year and I felt like the oddsmakers were selling us short(then of course the Patriots cover the spread lol). Then the loss in 2017 when Watson got it done but the defense choked(was such an amazing game though), ripped the heart right out of my fucking chest. Then again last year.

So yeah that was a feel good win for me for sure. Long time coming win over the best quarterback of all time and the best head coach of all time, the motherfuckers that have ruled the NFL since we were born. Id put that win up there with our first win over Dallas in the first game and the first wins over the Titans in 2004 as far as wins that made me feel fucking righteous. People can downplay it now like the Pats are slipping but I mean nobody gave us a chance going into that game all I heard was about this historic defense, my boy threw 3 TD's and ran another against it so how about that shit.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 12-04-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Hell yeah man. I've been a Texans fan literally since day 1 and it's crazy to look back on how the Patriots have dominated the NFL throughout the entire 18 years we've existed in the NFL. One of my favorite Texans games of all time was the 2003 game against New England in Houston the year they went on to win their second Super Bowl we were only a 1.6 year old expansion franchise and we took them DEEP into overtime, we blocked a Vinatieri(sp?) field goal and almost had them, it was almost a tie they won it with a field goal with like 30 seconds left in overtime. That game was the last time they ever trailed anyone that season they went on to win the Super Bowl on the same field.

I don't even remember the 40-7 beat down in 2006. There were a lot of beat down losses those years they all kind of run together for me now looking back at that era.

The win over them in 2009(holy shit that was 10 years ago!) was one of our sweetest wins at the time, it was a weird game though. It was essentially a meaningless game for New England it was the last game of the year and they had already tied up the playoff spot. Wes Welker gets injured early in the game and it was weird because Belichick benched Brady at one point to rest him for the playoffs but then he put him back in later in the game. The win clinched our first winning season at 9-7 and even though we missed the playoffs that felt good at the time after posting losing(or 8-8) records our first 7 years.

But then it was just unreal. I got so fucking tired of this team laying down for the Patriots.

The 2012 games will always haunt me, Vince Wilfork just completely manhandling Chris Myers like a grown man against a boy, jesus, we were fucking 11-1. That loss cut the heart out of that team and they were never the same again the rest of that year. The best season we ever had gets brought to an unceremonious end against them in the rematch in the playoffs and it wasn't even close.

The 2013 game was rigged horseshit we should have won that game but it was one of those fixed games where the referees determined the outcome from the start. So much pass interference in that game that went uncalled it just made my stomach turn.

Then you got the 2015 and 2016 prime time beat downs, just complete fucking embarrassments that made the Texans the laughing stock of the NFL. The 2016 playoff game loss was the one that hurt me the most, I REALLY fucking wanted that one. Even with Brock Osweiler I thought we could have and should have pulled that upset off I really loved our defense that year and I felt like the oddsmakers were selling us short(then of course the Patriots cover the spread lol). Then the loss in 2017 when Watson got it done but the defense choked(was such an amazing game though), ripped the heart right out of my fucking chest. Then again last year.

So yeah that was a feel good win for me for sure. Long time coming win over the best quarterback of all time and the best head coach of all time, the motherfuckers that have ruled the NFL since we were born. Id put that win up there with our first win over Dallas in the first game and the first wins over the Titans in 2004 as far as wins that made me feel fucking righteous. People can downplay it now like the Pats are slipping but I mean nobody gave us a chance going into that game all I heard was about this historic defense, my boy threw 3 TD's and ran another against it so how about that shit.
    Damn.

Even as a Pats fan, I have to smile seeing that kind of love for the team.

Status

We're gonna have a playoff team with a losing record out of the NFC East, aren't we

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    We're gonna have a playoff team with a losing record out of the NFC East, aren't we
    I actually think Philly wins out. They've got all AFC East matchup left themselves. Considering one of those is the Cowboys, the Eagles are in control of their own destiny.

Be hilarious though if somehow the Redskins end up running the table, going 7-9, and winning the division.

Cardcaptor

Status

I think Dallas wins the NFC East at 8-8, most likely.

Dallas looks horrible, which is really bad given how much talent they have. But Philadelphia is horrible.

I think Dallas defense might be one of the biggest disappointments this year.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Philly is getting healthy and I think the Cowboys players have given up. But I agree with Sully I’d laugh my ass off of the Skins end up winning the division.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Booty Love View Post
    Philly is getting healthy and I think the Cowboys players have given up. But I agree with Sully I’d laugh my ass off of the Skins end up winning the division.

I still think Philly, even healthy, is worse.

But it's really picking hairs over which one is worse and going to limp into a first round send off.

Then again, it'd be the most hilarious and wonderful thing ever if a 6-10 team went to the SB.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Don't losing teams that make the playoffs usually pick up a playoff win?

Can't wait to see the Redskins turn over the 49ers in the wildcard round.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread Information