Thread: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Night of Champions WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Roman Reigns will be out for payback at WWE Clash of Champions when he goes one-on-one with the monstrous Erick Rowan.

This bad blood goes back to what, at first, seemed like an accident, when what was declared a forklift driver error led to lighting equipment falling and nearly crushing The Big Dog as he walked backstage for an interview. Just days later, however, Reigns was nearly taken out when a car smashed into his own vehicle.

The Big Dog set out to find the perpetrator of these heinous attacks and seemingly found an answer when Buddy Murphy said that he saw Erick Rowan at the scene. Daniel Bryan and his massive intellectual peer denied any wrongdoing, even going so far as to produce a man who bore a striking resemblance to Erick Rowan and blaming him for the attacks. However, Reigns did not buy their story, and he uncovered video footage that showed Erick Rowan pushing over the equipment on Reigns.

Bryan continues to deny any involvement, even slapping Erick Rowan repeatedly and seemingly disowning his ally while demanding an apology from Reigns for the accusations (and a monstrous Spear that leveled The Planet’s Champion). The Big Dog, however, has retribution on his mind, which sets the stage for WWE Clash of Champions.

Will Roman Reigns get the payback he’s been looking for, or will Erick Rowan continue to inflict pain on The Big Dog? Find out at WWE Clash of Champions, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network Sunday, Sept. 15, at 7 ET/4 PT!

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Roman Reigns vs Erick Rowan

I don't mind Roman, but this match has no interest to me. There could be some cool power spots hopefully.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

You know, it just goes to show what a good build and long-term storytelling can do. I'm oddly looking forward to this and I'm hoping Rowan looks good in the match.

Cardcaptor

Status

I kinda am more excited for this than I'd ever think I would be.

Rowan seems to be improving quite a bit, at the very least on the mic and character wise.

So hey, it could be a bit of fun.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Jobber

Status
      Country                    England

I agree with the current comments. I am looking forward to this more than I thought.

I also feel bad for the likes of Rowan. I know not everyone who has been in the tag team/enforcer position always gets to do great things. But Harper got a bit of a singles push (to this day I still think Mania 17 shouldve been Bray v Randy v Harper.

It would be nice to see Rowan really stand out and win or at least really take it to Reigns.

However I fear this could also be a glorified squash

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

A short sprint of a hard hitting hoss match could be a lot of fun. I just hope the people making the decisions realise that less is more in this case.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

And this isn't Roman vs Bryan because? It's not even just waiting for the big event to do it since they had a chance to make the match for Summerslam. Oh well. Rowan is getting chances to shine at least.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    And this isn't Roman vs Bryan because? It's not even just waiting for the big event to do it since they had a chance to make the match for Summerslam. Oh well. Rowan is getting chances to shine at least.
    Why would it be Roman vs Bryan? According to the story thus far, Bryan didn't try to turn Roman into accident-based mincemeat, nor did he tell Rowan to do it. That was all Rowan, acting on his own. Everyone assumed Rowan was just a lackey doing Bryan's dirty work - and at this point a twist of this being a long con wouldn't be out of the question, if a little questionable - when it turned out Rowan simply did it himself and no-one believed it, not even when Buddy Murphy explicitly singled out Rowan and NOT Bryan.

I mean, I get it - Roman vs Bryan is/would be a absolute killer match, but it's not what the story is leading to at the moment. If Bryan interferes and helps Rowan beat Roman at Clash of Champions, then yeah, the new story lead is going to be Roman vs Bryan, and it would be sick. But that's not what the story is leading to right now.

As a side note referring to this as Rowan/Roman instead of both last names or both first names is really making my head hurt.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

At this point in the story I don’t think it would make much sense for Bryan to be behind it. “Oh Erick, I have a great idea. Please put me surgically-repaired neck-first through the announce table, potentially injuring me again.”

I would obviously be down for a Roman vs Bryan match, but I’d rather it be that they are both trying to get to Rowan but then get in each other’s way and it builds on from there.

Hail To The King

Status

I am down for this match because WWE is giving a superstar a chance to shine I think that given how the match goes will either do two thing.

A) Rowan fails and they use it as a ploy stating it was Bryan

B) They create a new heel star in making in Rowan who gets his chance to shine after being everyones second fiddle

so its win-win for fans.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'm happy for Rowan, but I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking about how much I wish this was Harper.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I'm happy for Rowan, but I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking about how much I wish this was Harper.
    I think may of us would agree with this and I do wish it was Harper as well but aye maybe Rowan shocks us?

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information