Thread: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Night of Champions WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    For about a year, the Women’s division has belonged to Becky Lynch — if not always in terms of championships, then undoubtedly in terms of the conversation. Any talk about who ran the roost almost always revolved around her; The Man’s star grew so fast in the wake of her reinvention that she threatened to eclipse Ronda Rousey even before Becky relieved The Baddest Woman on the Planet of the Raw Women’s Title at WrestleMania. At WWE Clash of Champions, Sasha Banks’ one goal is to change all that.

For Banks, the self-styled Boss who once dominated the discourse the same way Becky currently does, 2019 was something of a lost year. Despite christening the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships with Bayley, Sasha openly admitted to viewing those titles — and the Fatal 4-Way Match in which they were defended at WrestleMania — as a step down from what she deserved. That perceived demotion and Becky’s eclipsing rise led Banks to go into self-exile for five months, after which she returned with blue hair, a vicious streak and one objective in mind: Reclaim the spotlight she had allowed herself to be shuffled out of for too long.

Lynch, of course, is not going to be so easily displaced: She has maintained an iron grip on the Raw Women’s Championship since WrestleMania, and her mind games tend to be much more unnerving than Sasha’s blunt braggadocio. (Becky’s current line — that Sasha is only enjoying renewed relevance because she’s coming after the champ — is a wicked one.)

But there’s always a chance she might be discounting Banks’ hunger: The Boss’ current mentality is reminiscent of Becky’s during the summer of 2018, right when she dropped the steampunk and quinoa act to take WWE by storm. Just like the idols The Man once toppled, we’ve gotten so used to the sight of Becky with a title that the idea of her without one is almost unthinkable — to her and to the WWE Universe. Only Sasha sees that possibility, the same way Becky once did when it came to Rousey and Charlotte Flair. And if she pulls it off, it’s all anybody will be talking about for a long, long time.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

I’d main event with this. Unless Austin can pull some special promo out of Seth and Braun to salvage a dumb angle, Sasha And Becky feels like the hottest feud in the company.

Cardcaptor

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Clash of Champions 2019 - Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch vs Sasha Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I’d main event with this. Unless Austin can pull some special promo out of Seth and Braun to salvage a dumb angle, Sasha And Becky feels like the hottest feud in the company.
    I agree.

Definitely the biggest match of the night on the card.

Also one that I truly think they could go either way with.
    Everything will surely be alright.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Agreed. Easily the best thing going right now and a great way to lead us into HIAC.

Can't see past Braun/Rollins closing though

Hail To The King

Status

Im not a fan of Banks as a person in the ring shes good but God do I hate Sasha having the spot. I rather see someone like Asuka, Sane, Moon, Evans, Brooke, Logan in that spot but I guess Sasha gets it :/ should be a decent enough match though

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

“I’m not a fan of Banks as a person”, because I clearly know so much about her that I can make a ridiculous statement like that.

Good lord, when did we start arbitrarily disliking people for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Im not a fan of Banks as a person in the ring shes good but God do I hate Sasha having the spot. I rather see someone like Asuka, Sane, Moon, Evans, Brooke, Logan in that spot but I guess Sasha gets it :/ should be a decent enough match though
    Me and you certainly are thinking alike!

Sasha to me is giving me Melina vibes. Great in the ring, good character but a bit of a sour puss attitude. It clearly killed this woman that Charlotte and Becky ME Wrestlemania and not her!

with that being said I am so thankful for the heel turn and this match should be a Main Event. I just cant decide whether I am ready for the man to be derailed. But Sasha could really do with this boost and lord knows she needs an actual reign not a month long one.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

This.

THIS.

A hundred thousand times THIS!!!

Braun vs. Seth has nothing to it. It's just kind of happening because reasons and it's cool and all, I like both guys (to a point) but Banks/Lynch is the real draw for me and most of the people I listen and speak to. There's no GOOD reason for this not to main event outside of the old mentality that the "girls don't end the show".

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Not been a fan of Becky's title run (has anyone?) and I do prefer Sasha Banks is most ways to Becky Lynch, let's go Sasha! Match should be good though.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Not been a fan of Becky's title run (has anyone?) and I do prefer Sasha Banks is most ways to Becky Lynch, let's go Sasha! Match should be good though.
    Much like Kofi, since her win, shes been given NOTHING to work with. This is the first feud with any meat to it, hopefully it's not hot-shotted. Regardless of the finish, I'd like to see this continue.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Much like Kofi, since her win, shes been given NOTHING to work with. This is the first feud with any meat to it, hopefully it's not hot-shotted. Regardless of the finish, I'd like to see this continue.
    Even in matches against people like Lacey Evans, you should show some signs of quality, and she hasn't. She wasn't hitting for me even before the title reign so not all of it is on the circumstances. She, herself, doesn't interest me.

Sasha winning the title in the first match isn't exactly hot shotting it, unless that's the main payoff of the feud and nothing more (I assume there isn't with Sasha coming back and Bayley turning heel, etc). Sasha winning would make her more confident and cocky, Becky more angry and determined. There are many ways to carry on the feud regardless of whether the title switches hands or not.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I don't feel like this should main event for the sole fact that Becky's hype has severely died down. She's definitely established and over, but she doesn't feel as crazy over as she was during the whole Nia Jax thing and the Road to WM. I do think Sasha needs the win here.

Hail To The King

Status

I mean the stuff with Baron & Lacey was fun and she ate a End Of Days.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I mean the stuff with Baron & Lacey was fun and she ate a End Of Days.
    A fun, midcard, side feud, not a main event feud involving your top stars and titles. That feud with Lacey really lowered Becky's status at a vital time in her development.

Hail To The King

Status

A fun, midcard, side feud, not a main event feud involving your top stars and titles. That feud with Lacey really lowered Becky's status at a vital time in her development.
    I liked the feud but i like Lacey & obviously corbin

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I like Lacey and Corbin too, to a point. Neither were ready for that spot though.

Thread Information