Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Request: Opinions on Random Wrestling Topics

Status

Re: Request: Opinions on Random Wrestling Topics

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    2013: Mil Muetros because 2013 he be alright but 2014 + he ends up becoming a huge name and the top star on Lucha Underground. His real name is Ricky Banderas. He was also wrestling for AAA at the time. In 2013 he also won the rey de reys tourtanment. I just reliazed as I am typing Zero had talked bout him a little but I mean. I put him lower tier top guy I mean he is def a guy that will need a mouthpiece as I am not sure he ever spoke English even in TNA where he was Judas Messis with Jame Mitchell but I can tell you hes a strong guy that can go in the ring. I prob give him like B in most stuff except mic which is prob C-. I think star power he could be a A-
    Sorry for the double-post, but didn't see this when I replied to Zero. Appreciate the info, good sir.

He's a guy I'm familiar with... in a way. he's always a standout in TEW mods because he has great Star Quality. I've mostly seen him in Lucha Underground, which I need to go back and watch some of / finish watching. He's a guy I wouldn't mind trying to dig up some stuff outside LU as well, whether its AAA or stuff from Puerto Rico.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Curiosity question, going back to the Super Junior workers. So I have added Tetsuya Endo, then discovered that Konosuke Takashita is also REALLY FUCKING GOOD. I even watched a bit of them. So for those who watch DDT, how do you compare Endo and Takashita?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Takeshita is a much better singles wrestler than Endo, like WAY better but Endo is much more charismatic than Takeshita and more in tune to the DDT fanbase (being in DAMNATION helps tbf). The DDT fans don't really love Takeshita, he is rarely the one the get behind in the match whereas Endo, who is heel, often does. Odd dynamic. Both are very good but in totally opposite ways.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Takeshita is a much better singles wrestler than Endo, like WAY better but Endo is much more charismatic than Takeshita and more in tune to the DDT fanbase (being in DAMNATION helps tbf). The DDT fans don't really love Takeshita, he is rarely the one the get behind in the match whereas Endo, who is heel, often does. Odd dynamic. Both are very good but in totally opposite ways.
    Thank you sir. I'll look at the pair and adjust them a bit.

Another question for anyone who was reasonably plugged into the BritWres scene in the 2010-2015 period. I PM'd Ed about this but the man is vacationing... I'm just looking for a bit of insight into Kris Travis. I saw a bit of him but he didn't work much for Progress. I get the impression he was viewed as a potential star. A good cruiserweight, good charisma, pretty decent look.... similar to Mark Andrews in a lot of ways, but maybe a small step up. Is that about right or is that overvaluing?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So some individual thoughts being sought. I asked Jon about some Evolve guys and he gave me a bit, but figured I would ask here too. Just anything you feel worth mentioning about them as workers, how they particularly stand out, weaknesses, etc. Again, the mod is based in summer of 2013, but more recent observations are plenty helpful too.

Seeking Opinions On:
    Jurn Simmons
    Kris Travis
    Masahiro Takanashi
    ACH
    AR Fox
    Andrew Everett
    Tony Nese
    Shane Strickland
    Rich Swann
    Trevor Lee
    The Hunter Brothers
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

[Joy To The WC]

Status

The Hunter Bros are very solid hands. If you're looking for a tag team that fills a space but don't have too many plans to push massively, you could do a lot worse.

Or give them their Brothers of Construction gimmick and make them a comedy act, either is good.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WAKE UP

Status

ACH - generic indy high-flier. not bad but unspectacular in every way. vaguely charismatic in a geeky kind of way - used to do lots of anime nods and Steve Austin cosplay

AR Fox - fun trainwreck kinda wrestler. another high-flyer, with no fear of messing himself up and has some genuinely crazy spots. translates very well into a hardcore/brawler environment, less so into "epic indy" environments

Andrew Everett - not seen much of him but a fun high-flyer with solid fundamentals. Him and Trevor Lee came up together and worked some long matches in the Carolina(?) indies before breaking out, so not just a spot worker

Tony Nese - about as bland and vanilla as "athletic" wrestlers go. Imagine a generic 80s WWF meathead with moonsaults in place of charisma

Shane Strickland - decent flyer who understand a lot of the basics, not someone who is going to lead a match but lots of potential

Rich Swann - See ACH, but better

Trevor Lee - weird kind of mesh of styles, a mix of a brawler and spotty indy style, but also quite stiff and sound on the mat. mostly known as a PWG/X-Division guy but also had a long time on top at CWF-Atlantic as a heel champ where he worked an almost Ric Flair-type of touring champ and against a line-up of babyfaces chasing him, mostly in long, methodical matches. Hard to describe in short because he is quite a unique talent. Also very charismatic and a hilarious promo for what its worth.
    Last edited by King Steventon; 09-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.

[Joy To The WC]

Status

Andrew Everett always comes across to me as the most generic indy high flyer ever.

And I'd personally take ACH over Swann, but I just like his personality more. Plus, his match with KOR from BOLA around this time period is one of my favourite PWG matches ever.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Relentless Admin

Status

Jurn Simmons is a just ok heavyweight that got pushed as a main eventer in wXw because he could speak english at a time when they were trying to branch into the UK. He's someone even Walter struggles to have good matches with.

ACH > Swann too for his AAW work.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The Hunter Bros are very solid hands. If you're looking for a tag team that fills a space but don't have too many plans to push massively, you could do a lot worse.

Or give them their Brothers of Construction gimmick and make them a comedy act, either is good.
    Okay, that fits with the little bit of them that I've seen. Good solid wrestlers, but lack the Star Quality, charisma, or flash to be stars, even as a team. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    ACH - generic indy high-flier. not bad but unspectacular in every way. vaguely charismatic in a geeky kind of way - used to do lots of anime nods and Steve Austin cosplay

AR Fox - fun trainwreck kinda wrestler. another high-flyer, with no fear of messing himself up and has some genuinely crazy spots. translates very well into a hardcore/brawler environment, less so into "epic indy" environments

Andrew Everett - not seen much of him but a fun high-flyer with solid fundamentals. Him and Trevor Lee came up together and worked some long matches in the Carolina(?) indies before breaking out, so not just a spot worker

Tony Nese - about as bland and vanilla as "athletic" wrestlers go. Imagine a generic 80s WWF meathead with moonsaults in place of charisma

Shane Strickland - decent flyer who understand a lot of the basics, not someone who is going to lead a match but lots of potential

Rich Swann - See ACH, but better

Trevor Lee - weird kind of mesh of styles, a mix of a brawler and spotty indy style, but also quite stiff and sound on the mat. mostly known as a PWG/X-Division guy but also had a long time on top at CWF-Atlantic as a heel champ where he worked an almost Ric Flair-type of touring champ and against a line-up of babyfaces chasing him, mostly in long, methodical matches. Hard to describe in short because he is quite a unique talent. Also very charismatic and a hilarious promo for what its worth.
    Awesome info. Appreciated as always.

That description of Nese makes me want to include it in his bio in the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Andrew Everett always comes across to me as the most generic indy high flyer ever.

And I'd personally take ACH over Swann, but I just like his personality more. Plus, his match with KOR from BOLA around this time period is one of my favourite PWG matches ever.
    Generic has mostly been my impression of Everett. I've seen him a few times but very little of him stands out in memory, which is telling in its own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Jurn Simmons is a just ok heavyweight that got pushed as a main eventer in wXw because he could speak english at a time when they were trying to branch into the UK. He's someone even Walter struggles to have good matches with.

ACH > Swann too for his AAW work.
    I've seen a couple of Simmons matches and its usually just his look that stands out to me. wXw matches are actually not that easy to find without subscribing. He's just debuted in the mod so he's raw, but high Star Quality and potential being set would mean he would equal him developing into a really solid in-ring talent, even if he never picked up with a company in the game. So I dropped the SQ a bit (it was probably too high) and left him with random potential, meaning there is a chance he does turn out awesome but it will vary save to save.

Thanks Ed.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Pretty specific question. T-Hawk. So my perception of him is that he was a fairly prototypical Dragon Gate dojo worker - well rounded, good fundamentals, technical, but also good flying skills. But I watched the W1 match from earlier this year when he won the title from Ashino. Very good and also pretty straight-ahead puro. So it just that match or is T-Hawk just not that much of a high-flyer?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So no one has any thoughts at all on T-Hawk?

I do have to say that the information provided in this thread has been MASSIVELY helpful in the mod so far. So thank you!

Anyway, time for another question....

Random Opinions Help Request #4 - Joshi

Who are some of the top joshi workers from the 2013 time period?

I have a decent idea of the bigger names, and have done a bit of digging, such as "annual best of" lists from at few years after, which helps. But suggestions are always helpful. Even if its favorites or someone who is talented in a particular way. Bonus points for lesser known talents.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

T-Hawk doesn't really wrestler like what you think a DG would wrestle like. He is very much your standard Puro wrestler stylistically. More strike and throw based. He is a great tag wrestler and shines in tags more than singles matches.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information