Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NXT Moving to USA Network - The Wednesday Night Wars are here

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NXT Moving to USA Network - The Wednesday Night Wars are here

We will have to watch and see, but if this NXT brand turns into another Raw and Smackdown it doesn't really matter who goes back to NXT. Knowing WWE's mentality if ratings go down on NXT we will be seeing Brock on there, seeing Roman on there, and it will just turn into another 2 hour extension of the programming we are already getting. And I know it sounds so negative, but until we see otherwise the only thing lately has been mostly negative from the live WWE programming on cable. The PPVs have been pretty good even with the main brand, so that has been positive.

and here's a quote from Triple H

“I immediately told our PR to shoot down the Enzo and Cass rumours. Absolutely zero interest. Congratulations to Enzo, I’m sure spreading rumours is working well for him but I want no part of it.”
    I guarantee once they got rid of Enzo they were probably like holy shit what a pain in the ass that guy was, and are a probably relieved once he was gone.

With Cass though would be interesting if they gave him another chance.

Character Jobber

Status

My general thoughts on NXT moving to USA: First, I think the cruiserweights should get more involved with NXT than with Raw or Smackdown, and 205 Live should be live on WWE Network right after NXT and take place from the Full Sail University. I think Full Sail/NXT crowd would be more suitable for the Cruiserweights. Secondly, there should be fewer "call-ups" for the sake of being called up. If writers have a specific plan to get NXT stars involved in Raw or Smackdown, great. But don't bring them up without a plan.

As far as the first episode goes, I would like to see the WWE Women's Tag Team Titles defended. I don't recall that ever happening even though Bayley and Sasha made the one-time, non-wrestling appearance on NXT. I would also like to see a match involving stars of NXT UK. It doesn't have to be a title match, but it should involve two or more top stars of NXT UK as it would be a great way to promote the brand to a TV audience.

The CHAMPS are HERE!!!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    We will have to watch and see, but if this NXT brand turns into another Raw and Smackdown it doesn't really matter who goes back to NXT. Knowing WWE's mentality if ratings go down on NXT we will be seeing Brock on there, seeing Roman on there, and it will just turn into another 2 hour extension of the programming we are already getting. And I know it sounds so negative, but until we see otherwise the only thing lately has been mostly negative from the live WWE programming on cable. The PPVs have been pretty good even with the main brand, so that has been positive.

and here's a quote from Triple H

I guarantee once they got rid of Enzo they were probably like holy shit what a pain in the ass that guy was, and are a probably relieved once he was gone.

With Cass though would be interesting if they gave him another chance.
    This is my big worry with the whole move and the fact that Dunn & Vince are apparently running shit. if AEW get ahead of them it won't be long until Roman/Seth start doing "special appearances" on NXT which seemingly become more and more regular. I really hope that doesn't become the case, but it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if it did.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I always felt like the Cruiserweight Division or the 205 Division should have been on NXT any ways. I feel like that kind of wrestling is more suited to the audiance that NXT gets and they can also transiton and mix it up with the other talents far more easily. So I'd like to see that as well or failing that- I like the idea of 205 being taped after NXT live finishes- again for the same reasons.

Glad Triple H made the call to shoot down the Enzo speculation. Dude really is a clown. Shame the WWE didn't see it beforehand though and didn't try to make him the forefront of the 205 Division or we could have still had Neville or A-Dub there, maybe.

Yeah my main worry like many is the possibility of seeing Raw & Smackdown "stars" make appearances. I really hope not. Is NXT still filming at Full Sail because surely if they are, this will stop any chance of that happening too regularly, right?

"LET ME IN.."

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

The appeal in NXT was never their weekly show, it was their TakeOvers, it'll be interesting to see how the transition is handled, and if the TakeOver format changes, or if the PPV suffers entirely. I can't imagine them going live for 2 hours and still having 5 match TakeOvers for some reason.

Status

WWE And Full Sail Expand Partnership, Full Sail To Remain Home Of NXT.
    So no touring for NXT, I actually think this is a good thing.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    So no touring for NXT, I actually think this is a good thing.
    Not if that screaming girl from the the last taping keeps showing up. I'll tune out if all I hear is her fucking wailing everytime someone comes to the ring.

Does anyone know how this is working outside of the States? Obviously it's a two hour broadcast on USA (except for the first couple of weeks because of Suits - where it's one hour on USA and one hour on the Network) but I've heard nothing about how this is airing in the UK. Do we get the two hour broadcast live? Is there a delay? I did hear that it's not going to be like the RAW and SmackDown nonsense where we don't get those shows for a month (not that I'd watch them anyway) but other than that I've heard nothing.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

I've heard that we won't get it until Friday 1am on the network, so if we want to experience the Wednesday night wars live, we have to illegally stream.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

What a weird choice.

From looking at the Network schedule, we're getting the second hour live tonight after the NXT:UK repeat ends but they have no TV deal over here so why make it harder to get a hold of? That makes zero sense.

Relentless Admin

Status

There might be something messy going on because Sky Sport's deal with WWE runs out in January (when Raw/SD switch to BT Sport) but Sky said today that they wouldn't be airing NXT at all. I wonder if there's some exclusivity issue with contracts here that no-one else can air NXT in the UK while Sky have this deal with WWE, but Sky don't want to dedicate anymore airtime to a product they know is going to a rival in a few months time, so they won't air it either. Things might improve for us in January if bt sport have struck a deal for NXT as well.

ITV4 in the meantime are rumoured to be airing AEW's weekly TV show, but awaiting official confirmation on that.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

With WWE now having a lot more control over their output since those original Sky deals, I can see BT not actually getting loads of content. Raw and Smackdown for sure, PPV's I think will stay as Network exclusives in the UK.

As for NXT, prior to the TV deal I would have said no, but depending upon what sort of delay takes place between TV and Network (like with Raw and SD), I guess it'd make sense for BT to have that too.

The one thing I hope they do get is NXT UK. Makes perfect sense to increase the outreach of the UK brand in it's home market, can only help taping and Takeover ticket demand and maybe help move the brand towards touring faster.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information