Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Status

Re: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Not a huge amount to update. Only added a few more workers. But.... now that Lady Papa is all moved in, things are going to settle down. I wasn't really sure what it would do to my aimless modding time but so far, it hasn't really impacted it significantly. Weekends have been a mess because that's when we tend to do house-related stuff. But I dont' think I need to worry about free time to mod disappearing entirely.

So my list of "to add" active male workers is down to almost 300. I would say about 60-70% of those have matches. So I have maybe 220 workers I can add before I exhaust that. The women's active list is also down to none, so I would need to either spend some time finding more matches or switch to yet-to-workers, which seems useless at this point. So I will have to tackle that in the not-too-distant future.

Been adding randomly from the bottom portion of the list, alphabetically. Workers like Trevor Lee and Tracy Williams. Just slowing filling in that game world.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

1060. A few non-wrestlers but also some active wrestlers. I'm being a bit picky and if someone isn't so active and isn't contracted to anyone, I'm leaving them for the moment. Like I jumped over Super Calo for that reason. He will go in later, but its just not a priority to do it. It is kinda nice to see the list started to dwindle in the bottom half of the alphabet. its a bit weird how some letters have TONS of workers and others have few. It just makes certain parts of the list look... heavy.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

1080. Been adding a random selection of male active workers - a lot of them are veterans and lower-level indy workers. Not really any of the "Top 500 Workers" types. A few non-wrestlers. As mentioned before, the plan is to hit 1100 and then do another blitz of non-wrestlers, legends, and deceased workers. I have maybe 200-250 active male workers to add before I need to do another round of picking out worker matches.

Its nice seeing a lot of the rosters filling. CMLL is closing in on 100 contracted workers, which is ridiculous but also realistic. Still a load to add there, too. WWC is still pretty low - has like 8 now. But its gone up at least a bit. Most of the decent-sized indy companies have enough workers that they could operate decently. Exceptions are ECCW and the two Aussie companies.

Ran into one small issue over the weekend. Hector Garza had to retire due to cancer in late 2012 and died in later May 2013. So basically 3 weeks after the data starts. It just kinda makes more sense to have him already passed away. If it was later than that, I wouldn't. But it just seems like the easiest decision. He would be retired and out "injured" long-term but that just feels... weird?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Hit 1100. Switched it up to adding non-wrestlers. Or semi active wrestlers, in some cases. I'm actually finding the semi-active legends annoying to add. Many have long employment histories, I don't tend to short bios for them, and its a bit tough skilling them since they shouldn't be very good in the ring any more for the most part, but also aren't utterly useless either.

I've been chatting with a few folks on the GDS site and ended up sharing the data with someone who has some solid joshi knowledge. Im eager awaiting their thoughts. Its really tempting to do that more widely, but as I posted on the GDS site, I also don't want to get a ton of feedback that requires adjusting as that's not really the point I'm at in the mod development.

That said, if anyone reading this wants to take a poke.....
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Something like 1115 workers in the data now. Been adding some veterans. Dynamite Kansai, Dave Taylor, Bruce Prichard, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall.... A few lower level referees as well. Have a quiet weekend coming up and even though its not supposed to be cold, so I imagine I will be able to dump some more time into it.

Some of these additions are going to be road agents, even if they aren't already with a company. Someone like Dave Taylor makes a pretty decent road agent. But I do want to add some lesser veterans who are mediocre road agents that a tiny-ass company can hire. Same with broadcasters, but I think that's going to be harder. There should be plenty of refs in almost every region, exception maybe Australia.

If I keep with the non-wrestler additions up to 1200 as I tentatively plan to, then I will probably only have one more batch of non-wrestlers to add down the road, and a lot of those will end up being retired wrestlers, legends, and the like.

Should I ever do another similar project, I will give serious consideration to being more systematic in adding talent and go promotion by promotion. Not saying I definitely will, but it will be something I'd mull seriously. Its nice to have things filled in that way. I do enjoy watching all areas of the game world grow, but doing it promotion by promotion would allow for more accurate testing earlier in the process. the other concern I had was that because we are based the RW workers on imported workers from the CV and TV, I didn't want to use all the "good ones" on the companies being added early and then have to worry about having few to choose from later. But the way that I ended up choosing the workers, that wouldn't have mattered much and if I needed up using the same worker base for 2 or 3, I doubt anyone who figure it out.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Was hoping to hit 1150, but only to made it to around 1145. Some of the recent additions include Yoshiaki Yutaka, Ron Simmons, Mike Rotunda, Toshiaki Kawada, Road Warrior Hawk and some similar. Also some deceased workers like Road Warrior Animal. Going to be adding the likes of Paul Bearer, Jerry Lynn, and similar. I will also try to do more refs and broadcasters as I round out to 1200 workers. Then its back to adding more talent again.

Bitched about the legends aspect before, but the nice thing is that I can add them to the Hall of Immortals and applicable Hall of Fames as I go.

I've looked at quite a number of semi-active wrestlers and held back, but I need to be adding in more of them. They are the easiest choices to function as road agents for smaller companies.

I might blitz schedules sometime soon. I've been picking away at adding titles (usually only once the given title holder is in the data). Schedules will have to be revamped somewhat for the 2020 conversion but I do want to have most events in there at least.

I might have mentioned this before, but if anyone reading wants to take a poke through the data just for interests sake, just let me know.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information