Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Status

Re: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    At least comfort me by saying you always intended to do this and it had nothing to do with my troll post e_e

So BP, I know a lot of mod makers (like RWC's QL for example) are basically modding without having any real intent to play much of the actual game, many of them because they don't really like how it's turned out. Do you think you'll actually get invested once this is up, or are you at the point where you mostly prefer modding over actually playing the game & you'll likely move onto the next idea once this is through?
    I totally wasn't going to do the lineage but had no choice based on your mockery...

I kinda always figured I would end up including it, at least at some point. I mean, I'm trying to do title defenses where possible. I'm including all of the Mexican National belts. I will eventually add a load of belts with lineages for inactive companies. So leaving the lineage blank always felt like it was going to be out of place with the detail I want in the mod. So you are free from blame, good sir.

And I will play. I've actually been itching to book and may jump into a Cverse save - I'm just leery of it taking away from modding time, so I've held off. But I'm sure I will soon. And when this is done, yes, I will be booking. Awhile back, i was pretty excited to get into the 1984 mod I started that is my next project, but that's declined a bit and I can't imagine jumping right from this to that. I may never go further with that project. But I have enjoyed playing TEW 2020 and definitely do want to play.

I'm just not sure WHERE. I mean, the WWE is interesting as fuck in this period and could be loads of fun. But... its the WWE. Noah would also be fun. New Japan is pretty amazing. The UK scene is appealing, but I'm just not sure that the whole #MeToo movement will allow me to be comfortable running a company like Progress. And I most definitely want to play as AAA at some point.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I totally wasn't going to do the lineage but had no choice based on your mockery...

I kinda always figured I would end up including it, at least at some point. I mean, I'm trying to do title defenses where possible. I'm including all of the Mexican National belts. I will eventually add a load of belts with lineages for inactive companies. So leaving the lineage blank always felt like it was going to be out of place with the detail I want in the mod. So you are free from blame, good sir.

And I will play. I've actually been itching to book and may jump into a Cverse save - I'm just leery of it taking away from modding time, so I've held off. But I'm sure I will soon. And when this is done, yes, I will be booking. Awhile back, i was pretty excited to get into the 1984 mod I started that is my next project, but that's declined a bit and I can't imagine jumping right from this to that. I may never go further with that project. But I have enjoyed playing TEW 2020 and definitely do want to play.

I'm just not sure WHERE. I mean, the WWE is interesting as fuck in this period and could be loads of fun. But... its the WWE. Noah would also be fun. New Japan is pretty amazing. The UK scene is appealing, but I'm just not sure that the whole #MeToo movement will allow me to be comfortable running a company like Progress. And I most definitely want to play as AAA at some point.
    Ive never worked on a title lineage so I wouldnt really know, but there's no issue with all the inanimate objects winning titles?

Well that's comforting. Would love to see what you get up to booking when the work with the mod ends up done. AAA would be extremely different and interesting, an indy would be cool but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to do it. That said, a revisionist peak UK indy scene with the not-dicks getting opportunities instead would still be fun to do. But I know theres a lot of ambiguous elements there so I dont blame you. OBVIOUSLY any puro company would make my day. Especially 2013 NJPW would be all sorts of fun. I think Im actually intrigued by the idea of trying 2013 NJPW myself, the opportunity to give Ishii an unrealistic push, to give Naito a better run, and obviously Nak & Tana are there. I'd also probably book Archer way more strongly now that I appreciate him a lot more today. And I would 1000000% pull the trigger off on Kota vs. Kenny at WK.

Haha, now Im really excited for you to finish up the mod.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Ive never worked on a title lineage so I wouldnt really know, but there's no issue with all the inanimate objects winning titles?

Well that's comforting. Would love to see what you get up to booking when the work with the mod ends up done. AAA would be extremely different and interesting, an indy would be cool but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to do it. That said, a revisionist peak UK indy scene with the not-dicks getting opportunities instead would still be fun to do. But I know theres a lot of ambiguous elements there so I dont blame you. OBVIOUSLY any puro company would make my day. Especially 2013 NJPW would be all sorts of fun. I think Im actually intrigued by the idea of trying 2013 NJPW myself, the opportunity to give Ishii an unrealistic push, to give Naito a better run, and obviously Nak & Tana are there. I'd also probably book Archer way more strongly now that I appreciate him a lot more today. And I would 1000000% pull the trigger off on Kota vs. Kenny at WK.

Haha, now Im really excited for you to finish up the mod.
    Lineages are pretty simple and flexible. Its a name, a holder (which can be linked to a worker in the data but doesn't need to be), date won, date lost, and defenses. You can type whatever you want in the holder (or pick an active worker and link them) and in the two date boxes. There is a button to auto-create the entry name, which makes things much easier. So when the title is won by someone not in the data - or not actually a person - you just type whatever you want in the name box. Like "An Actual Broom". The main thing slowing me down when creating the lineages is that I'm adding in title defenses where possible. Wikipedia is kind enough to have those listed on a few belts, but not that many. So I'm typically having to use Cagematch and that requires clicking on a link on each title holder to see the defenses. Its not exactly a hard process but that click does add time, which adds up over a lot of entries. Part of why I'm just not bothering with defenses for the DDT belt in question.

I think there are a TON of interesting places and possibilities, but I'm pretty biased. I mean, that's part of why I picked this time period.

WWE - this is just as the "Yes" DB thing was starting up. With that, NXT getting hot, the Shield becoming a major thing, the Wyatt family and some other young (or at least newer) talent, this felt like a period of potential change for the company. Of course, that never happened and we are getting Goldberg, Undertaker, and other "youngsters" still today. But it felt like there was at least the possibility of change and evolution in the WWE.

US Indy Scene - this might actually be "too easy" to do. Unless you go with a hard-slog product intentionally like CZW (gross) or IWA MS (double gross), there is just a LOT of indy talent to go after. And while a lot of that talent is in companies like ROH, PWG, and Evolve, those companies grow quite decently and that increasing profile is something you can ride up the rails a ways. Might have to very intentionally avoid talent being used by other companies. But I hope to have enough free agent talent in the mod that you could potentially do that.

UK - with no NXT-UK, the talent wide doesn't happen. In testing, Progress makes vast sums of money but doesn't seem to grow that fast. But there are loads of workers to build around, even if you do lose a few of them to Japan. This possibility had me very excited when I kicked this project off, but I just don't know if I will bother with trying to do something with the scene.

Japan - so interesting IMO. Noah is in a bad period. All Japan is about to suffer another exodus. Dragon Gate is being Dragon Gate. And New Japan is in the early phases of a golden period. Given how well the AI does with NJ, I imagine it will be the mod's version of "easy mode". Its not uncommon to see some of the mediocre guys on the NJ roster in the top 25 of the Power 500 just because they are in so many matches with so many great talents. You can load up on a ton of guys if you want - I've mentioned before, but Kenta Miyahara is a free agent. Some other talented guys aren't loyal to any company so they can be snaggled. Bullet Club is literally just forming so you can go a lot of directions with it. I won't say too much, but anyone wanting to push Naito immediately will have some barriers to overcome.

Australia - there are two active Aussie companies but an absolute shedload of talent. The WWE hadn't really started poaching from there yet so you could build a really REALLY interesting company if you were so inclined.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

A rarity - a weekend post in here from me. Actually only worked Tuesday last week and have been off otherwise on a staycation. Been getting quite a bit done.

I figured I was getting to the point where I didn't have a lot of companies that still need events and / or belts, but I figured I would actually check that. And I came up with 15 active companies that need some combination of events, titles and title lineages. So I started focusing on those. I am now down for 4 companies that need title lineages done and that's it. I haven't dealt with the yet-to-debut companies or worried about title lineages for inactive companies. That's all stuff that can be done later.

The list of active workers to add in is down to 60.

Also been doing a bit more testing, takign advantage of having the second copy of the game on my second gaming computer.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Up to 650ish entries in the DDT title from hell.

Took the list of active workers down to under 50. Finishing out that list absolutely doesn't mean I'm done adding active workers. There are probably a couple hundred active workers (wrestlers and non-wrestlers) that still need to go into the data, but I'll need to do digging to find them. I've run the list out of workers that I had matches for, so I've actually been either copying workers already in the data (and then adjusting them, obviously), importing from other real world mods (still mostly limiting this to inactive or semi-active workers), or creating them from scratch.

I like having a lot of free pics in any data, rather than relying on regeneration, which would re-use existing pictures from workers who have left the gameworld. It prevents having an 18 year old German worker generated with Hulk Hogan's picture. So between cuts I've done in the past, cuts I've found, and cuts I will yet do, there should be several thousand free worker images in the data. I spent a ton of time on the 2001 data doing cuts (through some super-sketchy Google searches) for this very purpose, but I've been doing more. Someone posted a cool site that has AI-generated fake images of people that don't actually exist, which work reasonably well as worker cuts. I did about 130 of them this weekend and will end up downloading a bunch more to cut at some point.

A couple other small things I'm still deciding on...

NWA - its in the data as an alliance and so are a coupe of the belts, although they don't have lineages yes. The problem is that an alliance needs to have two companies to be considered active - which is rather logical. And at this point, there are no NWA-affiliated companies. The guy who bought out the NWA in around 2012 basically chased away most of the companies, except for the smallest ones. New Japan would have some NWA title matches in later 2013. I almost added Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, but they dropped the NWA affiliation in late 2012. So to have the NWA be active, I need to either have some affiliations that aren't accurate or add some small companies to the data, like Florida Underground. And it all gets more complicated with the NWA becoming its own promotion again under Billy Corgan, which is a transition the game can't replicate.

Comisión de Box y Lucha Libre México - taken from the Real World Chronicles, this is the commission that governs lucha libre. They are in the data as an alliance because they technically own the Mexican National titles, that CMLL and AAA promote at times. But an alliance has to be based on something so I set it up on talent trading as that seemed to have the least impact. But it has CMLL and AAA borrowing workers from each other. I tried setting up negative relationships but that doesn't seem to stop it from happening. Not a huge thing but I'd like to address it if possible.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Still bashing away. Over 800 entries in the DDT so that's one long session away from being finished. I do have lineages left for 4 active companies, and at least one of them - WWC - has a lot of lineage entries to deal with. ECCW is a company with a decently-long history as well. But getting there.

Main focus has been adding in workers. The list of to-add workers is down to the high-30s now, but I've also been adding workers not on the list. A few of those I had listed were IWRG regulars in Mexico, but they are part of a stable so I added the rest of the stable and its off-shoot. I added Charles Wright - aka The Godfather - because someone posted updated cuts for him, and I added Sexxxy Eddy because he had a run in DDT in like 2009. These are the kind of workers I'm going to have to spend some time digging through soon. Well, less so Eddy as he was actually on a roster so he should have been in already. But someone like The Godfather, who doesn't appear very and is pretty limited in the ring, adds a minimal amount the data. There is always going to be someone who he's a favorite of and who wants him in there, whether to use him or just to have him in there. And that's true of a huge number of 80s and 90s workers who don't really have obvious roles in the business anymore. I mean, you could have almost everyone who worked in ECW with any regularity and who is still alive in the data.... but most wouldn't have a lot of reason to be in there.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So I finished the DDT Ironmanheavymetalweight title lineage yesterday. I don't know if its all 100% accurate but fuck it, I care not. And as I was finishing it, i realized that the current holder is Yoshihiko... the blow up doll wrestler who I had no intention of putting in the data. And I still really don't intend to. So the belt will be vacant.

The list of active workers I'm adding is down to 20-something. its really cool to be seeing that list get whittled down, especially as it was something like 400-500 names last time i went through and added to it. I cleaned out the templates so I can accurately see the worker numbers and I believe it was 2286 workers in the data. I think we will end up somewhere near to 3000 when its all done.

I also ran a short test, which I'm going to have to do more and more. Look for those little things I can adjust to make things run a bit more smoothly. Lots of people retired, which is okay in some cases but something I'd like to prevent in others. So I'm going to be adding the Desperado or Loves the Business attributes to some of them to keep them active longer.

Since I feel like I'm closing in on the point where I should probably do a beta release, I've started setting up the Google sheets properly. Just going to have a set of sheets that people can use to provide feedback. If it works as anticipated, it should be a pretty slick way for folks to be able report stuff, see what's been reported already, and see what's been adjusted.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

I miss-over-estimated the number of workers in the data by about 20. Thinking I have 2268 or something right around there. Doesn't much matter. The list of to-add is down to almost 20 and I should close it out in the next few days. then I start digging for other workers to add.

Things to finish
    Active workers
    Future workers
    Company checks
    Agers
    Title lineages
    Hall of Fame with appropriate cuts
    Venues - need to check for missing ones
    Free pics
    Announcing Experience
    Testing

The testing process - which will include release the beta - will be somewhere in the middle of all of that. I don't really need all of that stuff done and will be working on completing it post-beta.

Something different... going to figure out who should be in the Hall of Immortals and Hall of Fames for individual companies. The only real point to this exercise is that there are cuts specifically for Hall of Immortals and Hall of Fame. I'm having them done in sepia, so they look nice and sharp. But I need to figure out who is included so I can get the recoloring done by a wonderful volunteer.

For anyone not familiar with the game, the Hall of Immortals has some pretty stiff entry requirements. Now I can have anyone I want inducted but I kinda prefer to stick to the intent. So being a world champion isn't enough. You need to have some combination of world title reigns (for notable companies), annual awards, high level popularity, and classic matches. These criteria actual exclude some workers from the territorial era that I do think need to be included. But for active workers, I prefer to stick to the criteria.

For Hall of Fames for individual companies, the criteria are much looser. Having a fun reigns with a secondary title or the tag team belts will do it. It can include owners, bookers, and announcers. So while its not quite as loose as the "WWE Hall of Fame", the criteria aren't as strict. I will probably also include some who might not qualify based on accomplishments but still "belong", such as Tommy Dreamer in ECW.

Now one factor is that they can only be in there if the are in the data. So there will be a lot - A LOT - of workers who would reasonably be included in the Hall of Fame of given companies that are now retired (or dead) and don't serve any purpose in the data beyond being there to show up in the HoF. I've included some of those but I don't want to load down the data massively with them.

Hall of Immortals
    Aja Kong
    Akira Hokuto
    Andre the Giant - probably doesn't qualify but fuck that
    Antonio Inoki
    Black Shadow
    Blue Demon
    Bret Hart
    Bruno Sammartino
    Buddy Rogers
    Bull Nakano
    Chigusa Nagayo – not sure she qualifies
    Dump Matsumoto
    Eddie Guerrero - I dont' think he qualifies sadly
    El Canek
    El Hijo del Santo
    El Santo
    El Satanico
    Genichiro Tenryu
    Giant Baba
    Harley Race
    Jaguar Yokota
    Jerry Lawler
    Jumbo Tsruta
    Kenta Kobashi
    Lioness Asuka
    Lou Thesz
    Mil Macaras
    Mildred Burke
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Negro Casas
    Road Warrior Animal
    Road Warrior Hawk
    Ric Flair
    Riki Choshu
    Rikidozan
    Terry Funk
    The Rock
    Shawn Michaels
    Shinya Hashimoto
    Stan Hansen
    Steve Austin
    Tiger Mask - maybe
    Toshiaki Kowada
    Vader
    Verne Gagne
    Yuji Ngata

WWE
    AJ Lee
    Andre the Giant
    Batista
    Beth Phoenix
    Big Show
    Billy Gunn
    Bob Backlund
    Bobby Heenan
    Booker T
    Bret Hart
    Brock Lesnar – future
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Buddy Rogers
    Chyna – not currently in the data
    Curt Hennig
    Chris Jericho
    Christian
    CM Punk - future
    Daniel Bryan – future
    Davey Boy Smith
    Devon Dudley
    Dustin Rhodes
    Dusty Rhodes
    Dynamite Kid
    Eddie Guerrero
    Edge
    JBL
    Jeff Hardy
    Jerry Lawler
    Jim Ross
    John Cena - future
    Kane - future
    Kevin Nash
    Kurt Angle
    Mark Henry - future
    Matt Hardy
    Michelle McCool
    Mick Foley
    Mickie James
    Owen Hart
    Pat Patterson
    Randy Orton - future
    Randy Savage
    Rey Mysterio Jr
    Ric Flair
    Ricky Steamboat
    Road Dogg
    Road Warrior Animal
    Road Warrior Hawk
    Rob van Dam
    Roddy Piper
    Ron Simmons
    Steve Austin
    Ted DiBiase
    The Rock
    The Undertaker- future
    Tito Santana
    Triple H
    Trish Stratus
    Vince McMahon
    William Regal

TNA
    Abyss
    AJ Styles
    Angelina Love
    Bobby Roode
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Christopher Daniels
    Dixie Carter
    Devon Dudley
    Eric Young
    Frankie Kazarian
    Gail Kim
    James Storm
    Jeff Jarrett
    Kurt Angle
    Madison Rayne
    Mike Tenay
    Samoa Joe
    Sting
    Tara
    Velvet Sky

NJPW
    Akira Maeda
    Antonio Inoki
    El Samurai
    Fergall Devitt
    Gedo
    Hiro Saito
    Hirooki Goto
    Hiroshi Hase
    Hiroshi Tanahashi - future
    Hiroyoshi Tenzan
    Jushin Liger – future
    Kazuchika Okada - future
    Keiji Mutoh
    Kengo Kimura
    Kensuke Sasaki
    Koji Kanemoto
    Manabu Nakanishi
    Masa Saito
    Masahiro Chono
    Minoru Tanaka
    Riki Choshu
    Rysuke Taguchi
    Satoshi Kojima
    Shinsuke Nakamura
    Shinya Hashimoto
    Shiro Koshinaka
    Tatsumi Fujinami
    Tetsuya Naito - future
    Tiger Mask
    Togi Makabe
    Vader
    Yuji Ngata

AJPW
    Abdullah the Butcher
    Akira Taue
    Atsushi Aoki
    Dory Funk
    Genichiro Tenryu
    Giant Baba
    Joe Doering
    Jumbo Tsruta
    Jun Akiyama
    Keiji Mutoh
    Kenta Kobashi
    Manabu Soya
    Masanobu Fuchi
    Minoru Suzuki
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Satoshi Kojima
    Shiro Koshinaka
    Stan Hansen
    Steve Williams
    Suwama
    Taiyo Kea
    Takao Omori
    Terry Gordy
    Terry Funk
    Toshiaki Kowada
    Yoshiaki Yatsu
    Yoshinari Ogawa
    Yoshihiro Takayama

Noah
    Atsushi Kotoge
    Go Shiozaki
    Jun Akiyama
    KENTA
    Kenta Kobashi
    Mitsuharu Misawa
    Naomichi Marafuji
    Tajiri Ishimori
    Takashi Siguira
    Takeshi Morishima
    Takeshi Rikio
    Yoshinobu Kanemaru
    Yoshihiro Takayama

CMLL
    Alfonso Morales
    Atlantis – future
    Black Shadow
    Blue Demon
    Dr. Wagner Jr
    El Hijo del Santo
    El Satanico
    El Terrible
    El Texano Jr
    La Parka
    La Sombra
    Mistico
    Negro Casas
    Paco Alonso
    Ray Mendoza
    Rayo de Jalisco
    Rush
    Sal Lutteroth
    Silver King
    Tarzan Lopez
    Ultimo Guerrero

AAA
    Alfonso Morales
    Antonio Pena
    Blue Demon Jr
    Cibernetico
    Dr. Wagner Jr
    La Parka
    Perro Aguayo Jr

ROH
    Austin Aries
    Cary Silken
    Chris Hero
    Christopher Daniels
    Claudio Castagnoli
    CM Punk
    Colt Cabana
    El Generico
    Homicide
    Jay Briscoe
    Jay Lethal
    Kevin Steen
    Low Ki
    Mark Briscoe
    Nigel McGuiness
    Roderick Strong
    Samoa Joe
    Tyler Black

DDT
    Danshoku Dino
    Isama Kodaka
    Kenny Omega
    Konosuke Takashita
    Kota Ibushi
    Masahiro Takanashi
    Sanshiro Takagi
    Tetsuya Endo

Dragon Gate
    Akira Tozawa
    CIMA
    Don Fuji
    Masaaki Mochizuki
    Masato Yoshino
    Naruki doi
    Ryo Saito
    Shingo Takagi
    Ultimo Dragon
    Yamoto

BJW
    Daisuke Sekimoto
    Eji Tosaka
    Great Kojika
    Yuji Okabayashi

Michinoku Pro
    Great Sasuke
    Jinsei Shinzaki

Osaka Pro
    Great Sasuke
    Super Delfin

Gatoh Move
    Emi Sakura

Kaientai Dojo
    Kengo Mashimo
    Taka Michinoku
    Yuji Hino

Zero1
    Masato Tanaka
    Shinjiro Otani
    Shinya Hashimoto

Ice Ribbon
    Emi Sakura
    Hikaru Shida
    Makoto
    Mio Shirai
    Riho
    Risa Sera
    Tsukasa Fujimoto

Oz
    Manami Toyota

Sendai Girls'
    Dash Chisako
    Meiko Satomura

Stardom
    Fuka
    Mayu Iwatani
    Nanae Takahashi
    Rossy Ogawa

Wave
    Gami
    Tetsuya Takeshi
    yumi Ohka

CZW
    DJ Hyde
    John Zandig

WWC
    Abdullah the Butcher
    Carlos Colon
    Carly Colon
    Ray Gonzalez

AJW
    Aja Kong
    Akira Hokuto
    Bull Nakano
    Devil Masami
    Dump Matsumoto
    Jaguar Yokota
    Lioness Asuka
    Manami Toyota

WCW
    Bobby Heenan
    Booker T
    Chris Benoit
    Diamond Dallas Page
    Dusty Rhodes
    Eric Bischoff
    Goldberg
    Hulk Hogan
    Lex Luger
    Ric Flair
    Rick Steiner
    Scott Hall
    Scott Steiner
    Stevie Ray
    Sting
    Vader

ECW
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Devon Dudley
    Paul Heyman
    Raven
    Rob van Dam
    Sabu
    Shane Douglas
    Taz
    Terry Funk
    The Sandman
    Tommy Dreamer

UWA
    Dr. Wagner Jr
    El Signo
    Gran Hamada

JCP
    Arn Anderson
    Bobby Eaton
    Dusty Rhodes
    Harley Race
    Ric Flair
    Ricky Morton
    Ricky Stamboat
    Tully Blanchard

AWA
    Billy Robinson
    Verne Gagne

Just in Case Cuts
    Akebono
    Alex Shelley
    Antonio del Rio
    Bayley
    Becky Lynch
    Brie Bella
    Charlotte
    Chris Sabin
    Cody Rhodes
    Davey Richards
    Dean Ambrose
    Dolph Ziggler
    Eddie Edwards
    Feral Devitt
    Hiromu Takahashi
    Kana / Asuka
    Katsuhiko Nakajima
    Kenny Omega
    Kentaro Miyahara
    Konann
    Kushida
    Marty Scurll
    Masakatsu Funako
    Matt Jackson
    Mikey Nichols
    Minoru Suzuki
    Mio Shirai
    Nick Jackson
    Nicki Bella
    Pac
    Paige
    Roman Reigns
    Sasha Banks
    Shane Haste
    Shelton Benjamin
    Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    The Miz
    Tomohiro Ishii
    Will Ospreay
    Yuji Hino
    Last edited by Big Papa; 11-03-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

2282 workers and the list is down to like 13 workers. I've also been finding worker cuts of the Hall of Famer workers to get colorized. And ran a couple of tests.

The tests brought up a few issues. One is people retiring en masse. Which is a TEW function, as I've mentioned before. Workers might stay moderately active well into their 50s in reality, but its not that common in TEW. So I've been putting attributes on some of them to keep at least some of them more active for a bit longer. I'm not going to do that for absolutely everyone but performers of note in bigger companies are worth adjusting, I think. Where the average 80s or 90s worker who was never a star and still does 2-3 weekends a month for the smallest of indies.... not too worried about.

As well, some smaller companies start skipping shows later as they can't find sufficient talent. This seems to happen to companies that need particular types of workers - joshi companies and deathmatch companies. this is where having more free agents and more future workers will make a big difference, I think. Which makes me wonder if I might need to get more yet-to-debut workers into the data before I do a beta release.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

2325 workers or something close. Been focusing on the joshi scene and the deathmatch scene, as one does. I added a few missing joshi workers and a handful of yet-to-debut joshi workers who mostly debut in the first couple of years. That should help alleviate some of the issues with smaller companies not having talent they can use. For Pro Wrestling Freedoms, I added a handful of deathmatch workers who were on the roster around that point. I also added a talent-trade agreement with BJW since they seem to be on very good terms as companies.

I also shared the data with someone from the GDS site who had reached out and they are taking a look. Some pretty positive feedback thus far, which is nice. And he's looking at some aspects that I just haven't yet, like PPV buyrates and viewing figures for TV. That was the kind of thing I was going to wait until it was time to properly test before dealing with those, so if he gets them sorted, that's just fantastic.

I found some ECCW workers I need to add, so going to finish up with the deathmatch workers, get those in, and then I can go back to dropping in some yet to debut talents.

A partial list of things I still need to do, although not necessarily before the testing phase and/or beta release.

-finish up active workers
    -finish up yet-to-debut workers
    -company checks
    -get the Hall of Fame / Hall of Immortals cuts recolored and add them to the data
    -Hall of Immortals and Hall of Fame entries
    -look at yet-to-debut companies
    -adjust Tokyo Joshi Pro to open in August 2013

I'm sure there is more than that, but that will be a start and move it closer to that end point.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

2336 workers. I added in a couple more User Characters but most are actual workers. Some future and many active. Rounded out the rosters of ECCW and WWC a bit.

One of the issues I noticed on some of the test I did run was some companies skipping shows due to having insufficient talent available. I saw joshi companies do it a few years in, which his what led to me focusing on adding joshi talent for a bit. But it was also other companies - APW in California, and both Freedoms and Wave in Japan. Did a bit of digging and it looks like its shows that are set as Lesser or below that get skipped. So its basically an issue with recreating schedules from the real world that aren't that logical in TEW terms. I won't do anything with it just yet but I can edit it easily enough.

Also been doing some company checks. They aren't anything difficult.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

2361. Been dropping in a bit of everything - active wrestlers, future workers, and even some user characters. Got some great suggestions for some fun User Character additions. I'm going to end up having quite a few UCs, as I'd like a few for every game area if possible. I know some folks like having celebrities in the mods but honestly, that is mostly data clutter because they don't do much. But having a few celebrity UCs works because someone wanting celebs can either leave them in or import them. its not going to be 100s of UCs, but it could end up being like 40 or 50 in total.

I did the lineage for the main title in WWC, which sucked. But it did lead to me getting a few more WWC workers in the data, which is nice because their roster was a bit short. I'm leaving the other belts for a bit, because the world title sucked at like 150 entries. The belts have over 200. Fucking gross.

Speaking of gross, its funny what you notice about a company when looking through title lineages. WWC really REALLY likes a particular booking trope. Babyface champion has some kind of no-contest match with a heel, leading to the belt being vacated and "held up"... and then he wins it again it the rematch. Its no wonder that the likes of Carlos Colon and Ray Gonzalez have so damned many title reigns. Almost every single reign they had did that.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So the NWA situation has been alleviated by adding Florida Underground Wrestling and plugging New Japan into the NWA network a few months earlier than they actually were involved. I may look to add another NWA-linked company down the road and drop New japan. Have this feeling its going to end up with Okada and the like winning the NWA world title and defending it in Florida lol

Created the NWA World title and added the full lineage. I also did the belts for ECCW. Which leaves 3 companies that need to be done (although one of those is FUW which has only existed for a couple years) plus the rest of the belts in WWC (bleh). Doing the ECCW belts led to me doing a few more ECCW workers. Dropped in a bunch of future workers as well.

I adjusted the start date of Tokyo Joshi Pro. Mentioned it before, but the basic issue is that TJP began running shows in summer 2012 that were more variety shows than wrestling shows. They had trainees who would do exhibition matches, but those trainees didn't properly debut until August 2013. So if I have TJP active as a company in may 2013, I have two options. One is that I can have their first trainee class all active and on the roster before they actually debuted or i can have TJP with an empty roster and it will hire whoever it wants. So my solution was to move the open date of TJP to August 2013, to match the debut of the first class. That was when TJP began running shows that were properly wrestling and not variety shows with some exhibition matches. Downside to that is TJP can't be preset to debut as a child company. So I created the DDT Universe and TJP will open as part of that, which might be closer to how they have functioned anyway.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Just shy of hitting the 2400 worker mark. Been adding mostly future female workers. Lots of WWE and NXT workers who debuted after the start date that just weren't in yet.

I also adjust the open date of Tokyo Joshi Pro and added the DDT Universe. The problem now is that the workers who debut at the start of August aren't getting signed by the company, which is just opening and has no roster. That's a bit concerning....

Looking like a December beta is probably gonna time out the best.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Hit 3410 workers. Still focusing on the future workers quite heavily and had been doing almost exclusively female additions, but now adding some males as well. A few of the most recent are US-based workers who have been appearing in AEW but debuted after May 2013.

The gent who I recently shared the data with and gave him open focus on what he wanted to look at, provide feedback on, test, etc, has been looking at a ton of stuff. Waiting on a massive email from him with a ton of stuff he looked - from small corrections to worker adjustments, attribue suggestions, to other tweaks like broadcasters and worker development. I can't express how grateful I am, as this all stuff that I was intending to dig into during the testing phase but holding off because I want to do testing when I can properly focus on it, not while I'm still trying to assemble the game world.

He has spotted a coupe of issus that will need to be addressed. One is rapid worker development, particularly younger workers who are employed right from the start. With some teenagers who are already reasonable workers, joshi particularly stands out for this. They end up becoming world class in 2-3 years, which isn't realistic. Using Attributes, Potential, and nerfing skills are all possible solutions he is toying with right now. Another one is time decline hammering some workers harder than it should, where they lose Stamina to the degree that they are useless in a couple of years. Again, looking at some possible solutions to that.

Another possible issue that has been identified on the TEW forum is that some young, inexperienced free agents aren't getting hired. Not sure if this is happening in the mod yet as I haven't tested for it, but a potential solution is having a few more companies that are at the smallest size, then limiting their size, putting hiring rules in place, and giving them a fair bit of money (for their size, at least). So they won't be able to grow and will be limited to using certain workers. The idea would be to have them function as a mechanism to get workers experience that falls between the independent shows and the actual companies targeting growth. There are plenty of very small promotions that never really seem to try to get bigger and raise their profile but mostly just run shows to run shows.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Slip of the finger on Saturday's update. I didn't get over 1K workers in. I got up to about 2425 or something, so its still slowly going up.

I've been tempted a few times to resort to importing future workers from the RWC mod. I mean, I would adjust them to be debuting workers and do a custom bio and everything else, but it might save time. I'm using templates or creating them from scratch at this point, neither of which take particularly long. I have had to use RWC to get birthdates for a few workers. Will avoid, as the only workers I'm importing from other mods (mostly the 2006 one) are semi-active or retired workers.

The list of 300 future workers is dwindling slowly. The concern I have is that the templates I've been using still need to be tested for skill progress once they debut. Theoretically, I might need to adjust a large number of the yet-to-debut workers, which is a bit of a scary thought. But the testing phase is still to come.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information