Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Status

Re: [TEW 2016/2020] A 2013 Mod in Progress - The YES! Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    At least comfort me by saying you always intended to do this and it had nothing to do with my troll post e_e

So BP, I know a lot of mod makers (like RWC's QL for example) are basically modding without having any real intent to play much of the actual game, many of them because they don't really like how it's turned out. Do you think you'll actually get invested once this is up, or are you at the point where you mostly prefer modding over actually playing the game & you'll likely move onto the next idea once this is through?
    I totally wasn't going to do the lineage but had no choice based on your mockery...

I kinda always figured I would end up including it, at least at some point. I mean, I'm trying to do title defenses where possible. I'm including all of the Mexican National belts. I will eventually add a load of belts with lineages for inactive companies. So leaving the lineage blank always felt like it was going to be out of place with the detail I want in the mod. So you are free from blame, good sir.

And I will play. I've actually been itching to book and may jump into a Cverse save - I'm just leery of it taking away from modding time, so I've held off. But I'm sure I will soon. And when this is done, yes, I will be booking. Awhile back, i was pretty excited to get into the 1984 mod I started that is my next project, but that's declined a bit and I can't imagine jumping right from this to that. I may never go further with that project. But I have enjoyed playing TEW 2020 and definitely do want to play.

I'm just not sure WHERE. I mean, the WWE is interesting as fuck in this period and could be loads of fun. But... its the WWE. Noah would also be fun. New Japan is pretty amazing. The UK scene is appealing, but I'm just not sure that the whole #MeToo movement will allow me to be comfortable running a company like Progress. And I most definitely want to play as AAA at some point.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I totally wasn't going to do the lineage but had no choice based on your mockery...

I kinda always figured I would end up including it, at least at some point. I mean, I'm trying to do title defenses where possible. I'm including all of the Mexican National belts. I will eventually add a load of belts with lineages for inactive companies. So leaving the lineage blank always felt like it was going to be out of place with the detail I want in the mod. So you are free from blame, good sir.

And I will play. I've actually been itching to book and may jump into a Cverse save - I'm just leery of it taking away from modding time, so I've held off. But I'm sure I will soon. And when this is done, yes, I will be booking. Awhile back, i was pretty excited to get into the 1984 mod I started that is my next project, but that's declined a bit and I can't imagine jumping right from this to that. I may never go further with that project. But I have enjoyed playing TEW 2020 and definitely do want to play.

I'm just not sure WHERE. I mean, the WWE is interesting as fuck in this period and could be loads of fun. But... its the WWE. Noah would also be fun. New Japan is pretty amazing. The UK scene is appealing, but I'm just not sure that the whole #MeToo movement will allow me to be comfortable running a company like Progress. And I most definitely want to play as AAA at some point.
    Ive never worked on a title lineage so I wouldnt really know, but there's no issue with all the inanimate objects winning titles?

Well that's comforting. Would love to see what you get up to booking when the work with the mod ends up done. AAA would be extremely different and interesting, an indy would be cool but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to do it. That said, a revisionist peak UK indy scene with the not-dicks getting opportunities instead would still be fun to do. But I know theres a lot of ambiguous elements there so I dont blame you. OBVIOUSLY any puro company would make my day. Especially 2013 NJPW would be all sorts of fun. I think Im actually intrigued by the idea of trying 2013 NJPW myself, the opportunity to give Ishii an unrealistic push, to give Naito a better run, and obviously Nak & Tana are there. I'd also probably book Archer way more strongly now that I appreciate him a lot more today. And I would 1000000% pull the trigger off on Kota vs. Kenny at WK.

Haha, now Im really excited for you to finish up the mod.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Ive never worked on a title lineage so I wouldnt really know, but there's no issue with all the inanimate objects winning titles?

Well that's comforting. Would love to see what you get up to booking when the work with the mod ends up done. AAA would be extremely different and interesting, an indy would be cool but I totally understand why you wouldn't want to do it. That said, a revisionist peak UK indy scene with the not-dicks getting opportunities instead would still be fun to do. But I know theres a lot of ambiguous elements there so I dont blame you. OBVIOUSLY any puro company would make my day. Especially 2013 NJPW would be all sorts of fun. I think Im actually intrigued by the idea of trying 2013 NJPW myself, the opportunity to give Ishii an unrealistic push, to give Naito a better run, and obviously Nak & Tana are there. I'd also probably book Archer way more strongly now that I appreciate him a lot more today. And I would 1000000% pull the trigger off on Kota vs. Kenny at WK.

Haha, now Im really excited for you to finish up the mod.
    Lineages are pretty simple and flexible. Its a name, a holder (which can be linked to a worker in the data but doesn't need to be), date won, date lost, and defenses. You can type whatever you want in the holder (or pick an active worker and link them) and in the two date boxes. There is a button to auto-create the entry name, which makes things much easier. So when the title is won by someone not in the data - or not actually a person - you just type whatever you want in the name box. Like "An Actual Broom". The main thing slowing me down when creating the lineages is that I'm adding in title defenses where possible. Wikipedia is kind enough to have those listed on a few belts, but not that many. So I'm typically having to use Cagematch and that requires clicking on a link on each title holder to see the defenses. Its not exactly a hard process but that click does add time, which adds up over a lot of entries. Part of why I'm just not bothering with defenses for the DDT belt in question.

I think there are a TON of interesting places and possibilities, but I'm pretty biased. I mean, that's part of why I picked this time period.

WWE - this is just as the "Yes" DB thing was starting up. With that, NXT getting hot, the Shield becoming a major thing, the Wyatt family and some other young (or at least newer) talent, this felt like a period of potential change for the company. Of course, that never happened and we are getting Goldberg, Undertaker, and other "youngsters" still today. But it felt like there was at least the possibility of change and evolution in the WWE.

US Indy Scene - this might actually be "too easy" to do. Unless you go with a hard-slog product intentionally like CZW (gross) or IWA MS (double gross), there is just a LOT of indy talent to go after. And while a lot of that talent is in companies like ROH, PWG, and Evolve, those companies grow quite decently and that increasing profile is something you can ride up the rails a ways. Might have to very intentionally avoid talent being used by other companies. But I hope to have enough free agent talent in the mod that you could potentially do that.

UK - with no NXT-UK, the talent wide doesn't happen. In testing, Progress makes vast sums of money but doesn't seem to grow that fast. But there are loads of workers to build around, even if you do lose a few of them to Japan. This possibility had me very excited when I kicked this project off, but I just don't know if I will bother with trying to do something with the scene.

Japan - so interesting IMO. Noah is in a bad period. All Japan is about to suffer another exodus. Dragon Gate is being Dragon Gate. And New Japan is in the early phases of a golden period. Given how well the AI does with NJ, I imagine it will be the mod's version of "easy mode". Its not uncommon to see some of the mediocre guys on the NJ roster in the top 25 of the Power 500 just because they are in so many matches with so many great talents. You can load up on a ton of guys if you want - I've mentioned before, but Kenta Miyahara is a free agent. Some other talented guys aren't loyal to any company so they can be snaggled. Bullet Club is literally just forming so you can go a lot of directions with it. I won't say too much, but anyone wanting to push Naito immediately will have some barriers to overcome.

Australia - there are two active Aussie companies but an absolute shedload of talent. The WWE hadn't really started poaching from there yet so you could build a really REALLY interesting company if you were so inclined.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

A rarity - a weekend post in here from me. Actually only worked Tuesday last week and have been off otherwise on a staycation. Been getting quite a bit done.

I figured I was getting to the point where I didn't have a lot of companies that still need events and / or belts, but I figured I would actually check that. And I came up with 15 active companies that need some combination of events, titles and title lineages. So I started focusing on those. I am now down for 4 companies that need title lineages done and that's it. I haven't dealt with the yet-to-debut companies or worried about title lineages for inactive companies. That's all stuff that can be done later.

The list of active workers to add in is down to 60.

Also been doing a bit more testing, takign advantage of having the second copy of the game on my second gaming computer.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Up to 650ish entries in the DDT title from hell.

Took the list of active workers down to under 50. Finishing out that list absolutely doesn't mean I'm done adding active workers. There are probably a couple hundred active workers (wrestlers and non-wrestlers) that still need to go into the data, but I'll need to do digging to find them. I've run the list out of workers that I had matches for, so I've actually been either copying workers already in the data (and then adjusting them, obviously), importing from other real world mods (still mostly limiting this to inactive or semi-active workers), or creating them from scratch.

I like having a lot of free pics in any data, rather than relying on regeneration, which would re-use existing pictures from workers who have left the gameworld. It prevents having an 18 year old German worker generated with Hulk Hogan's picture. So between cuts I've done in the past, cuts I've found, and cuts I will yet do, there should be several thousand free worker images in the data. I spent a ton of time on the 2001 data doing cuts (through some super-sketchy Google searches) for this very purpose, but I've been doing more. Someone posted a cool site that has AI-generated fake images of people that don't actually exist, which work reasonably well as worker cuts. I did about 130 of them this weekend and will end up downloading a bunch more to cut at some point.

A couple other small things I'm still deciding on...

NWA - its in the data as an alliance and so are a coupe of the belts, although they don't have lineages yes. The problem is that an alliance needs to have two companies to be considered active - which is rather logical. And at this point, there are no NWA-affiliated companies. The guy who bought out the NWA in around 2012 basically chased away most of the companies, except for the smallest ones. New Japan would have some NWA title matches in later 2013. I almost added Championship Wrestling from Hollywood, but they dropped the NWA affiliation in late 2012. So to have the NWA be active, I need to either have some affiliations that aren't accurate or add some small companies to the data, like Florida Underground. And it all gets more complicated with the NWA becoming its own promotion again under Billy Corgan, which is a transition the game can't replicate.

Comisión de Box y Lucha Libre México - taken from the Real World Chronicles, this is the commission that governs lucha libre. They are in the data as an alliance because they technically own the Mexican National titles, that CMLL and AAA promote at times. But an alliance has to be based on something so I set it up on talent trading as that seemed to have the least impact. But it has CMLL and AAA borrowing workers from each other. I tried setting up negative relationships but that doesn't seem to stop it from happening. Not a huge thing but I'd like to address it if possible.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Still bashing away. Over 800 entries in the DDT so that's one long session away from being finished. I do have lineages left for 4 active companies, and at least one of them - WWC - has a lot of lineage entries to deal with. ECCW is a company with a decently-long history as well. But getting there.

Main focus has been adding in workers. The list of to-add workers is down to the high-30s now, but I've also been adding workers not on the list. A few of those I had listed were IWRG regulars in Mexico, but they are part of a stable so I added the rest of the stable and its off-shoot. I added Charles Wright - aka The Godfather - because someone posted updated cuts for him, and I added Sexxxy Eddy because he had a run in DDT in like 2009. These are the kind of workers I'm going to have to spend some time digging through soon. Well, less so Eddy as he was actually on a roster so he should have been in already. But someone like The Godfather, who doesn't appear very and is pretty limited in the ring, adds a minimal amount the data. There is always going to be someone who he's a favorite of and who wants him in there, whether to use him or just to have him in there. And that's true of a huge number of 80s and 90s workers who don't really have obvious roles in the business anymore. I mean, you could have almost everyone who worked in ECW with any regularity and who is still alive in the data.... but most wouldn't have a lot of reason to be in there.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information