Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff - August 31, 2019 - Card & Discussion

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

NXT UK Takeover NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff - August 31, 2019 - Card & Discussion

NXT UK Championship
    WALTER (c) vs Tyler Bate

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Who can stop Imperium? That’s the question echoing through every corner of the NXT UK Universe. The answer just might be first-ever WWE United Kingdom Tyler Bate when he battles WALTER for his illustrations title and the very future of the rising brand.

The deadly faction combines the forces of WALTER, Fabian Aichner, Marcel Barthel and Alexander Wolfe, and the quartet is dead-set on reigning over NXT UK and purifying the very mat that they consider sacred.

In the course of that quest, the dominant foursome took advantage of Pete Dunne’s absence and unleashed a brutal assault on Moustache Mountain that put Tyler Bate out of action.

One week after WALTER decimated Trent Seven with six consecutive powerbombs, Tyler Bate suddenly exploded back onto the scene and attacked The Ring General and his cohorts. General Manager Johnny Saint and Assistant to the General Manager Sid Scala determined on the spot to make a match between WALTER and Bate for NKT UK’s top prize at TakeOver: Cardiff!

Don’t miss what is sure to be a titanic collision for the championship at TakeOver: Cardiff, streaming live on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 2 p.m. ET/7 p.m. GMT on the award-winning WWE Network.

NXT UK Women's Championship
    Toni Storm (c) vs Kay Lee Ray

The first match announced for NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff pits NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Storm against dangerous challenger Kay Lee Ray in what is sure to be a hard-hitting title fight.

Toni has lived up to her name, taking NXT UK by storm and never backing down from challengers, including first-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley, Nina Samuels and Jinny. When namedropping several of her fellow Superstars and commending them for their toughness, however, Storm failed to mention Kay Lee Ray, which infuriated the overlooked competitor.

As her resentment festered, Ray reigned supreme in the historic Women’s Battle Royal to earn the opportunity to challenge the NXT UK Women’s Champion anytime she wished.

After a series of mind games designed to antagonize Storm, Ray announced that she would challenge the titleholder at the rising brand’s biggest-ever show, NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff on Saturday, Aug. 31. Ray followed up by vowing to make the titleholder’s life a living hell right up until the moment that she takes her championship.

Don’t miss NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, streaming live on Saturday, Aug. 31, on WWE Network.

Last Man Standing
    Dave Mastiff vs Joe Coffey

At NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, an uncontainable clash of the titans will continue when “Bomber” Dave Mastiff once again goes head-to-head with Joe Coffey in a Last Man Standing Match.

After several weeks of rising tension inside and outside the ring, a one-on-one collision of massive proportions initially took place when Mastiff battled Gallus’ “Iron King” on NXT UK’s main event. With animosity at an all-time high, the mammoth competitors engaged in an epic slugfest with devastating results.

So much so that Coffey and Mastiff each sustained injuries as the bout ended in a double count-out, and NXT UK General Manager Johnny Saint and Assistant to the General Manager Sid Scala decided that the only way to settle things and assure a clear winner once and for all would be a Last Man Standing Match NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff.

Who will survive as the “Bomber” steps back into Gallus’ kingdom? Find out at TakeOver: Cardiff, streaming live on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 2 p.m. ET/7 p.m. GMT on the award-winning WWE Network.
    Travis Banks vs Noam Dar

At NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, Travis Banks will go head-to-head with Noam Dar.

Dar has been claiming for weeks that he had been given certain guarantees of receiving a matchup at Cardiff’s special event. As some were scratching their head and attempting to determine if that was in fact the case, others began speculating who he might square off against in what would certainly be another exciting contest at the groundbreaking event?

Then, on the Aug. 14 episode of NXT UK, The Scottish Supernova decided to get a closer look at the action and joined the NXT UK announce team for a match between Banks and Kenny Williams. Moments after The Kiwi Buzzsaw reigned supreme over The Lucky Yin, Dar taunted the victorious competitor with a sarcastic round of applause, leaving Banks visibly wary of Dar.

The matchup will indeed provide Banks an opportunity at redemption after an attack by Jordan Devlin prevented him from competing in the first NXT UK TakeOver several months ago. Will Banks have what it takes to overcome the crafty competitor from Scotland?

Don’t miss NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff, streaming live on Saturday, Aug. 31, at 2 p.m. ET/7 p.m. BST on the award-winning WWE Network.
    NXT UK Tag Team Championships
    Zack Gibson & James Drake (c) vs Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster vs Gallus

N/A
    Join us on August 31st for NXT UK's second Takeover event!
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 08-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NXT UK Takeover: Cardiff - August 31, 2019 - Card & Discussion

The main event looks good. Don't have much interest with the other matches as I don't watch NXT UK. Will try and watch them though, see what they can do

Relentless Admin

Status

WALTER/Bate should be pretty great unless they go all TAKEOVER agenting with it and it goes 40 minutes.

I have some interest in Storm/KLR but the rest of the show is pretty dire after reading spoilers.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    WALTER/Bate should be pretty great unless they go all TAKEOVER agenting with it and it goes 40 minutes.

I have some interest in Storm/KLR but the rest of the show is pretty dire after reading spoilers.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Michaels has been the lead agent the past few TakeOvers, which explains the wanky wannabe epic main events, but he has nothing to do with the UK brand. So in theory nothing to worry about.

Is KLR any good?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Michaels has been the lead agent the past few TakeOvers, which explains the wanky wannabe epic main events, but he has nothing to do with the UK brand. So in theory nothing to worry about.

Is KLR any good?
    Whoever was the agent of Dunne vs Coffey is probably doing the same here.

Let's just hope they don't have another epic style match only for the loser to be tossed aside like he got jobbed out in 2 minutes.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

DEAR GOD I HOPE WALTER doesn't get 40 MINS

all things considered Storm vs. KLR should be AWESOME two of the very best UK womens divsion has to offer minus Rhea.

Joe vs. Dave should be a fight.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

WAKE UP

Status

oh yeah, well that one also went like 40 minutes and was way too long.

WALTER vs Bate in PROGRESS went like half an hour and was pretty great so I have high hopes though

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I watch NXT UK Weekly like every other Show for WWE and I'm sure I'm more psyched for this Show than the average Cub here. Bate vs Walter I saw for Progress and I really liked that Match so if they capture that same Magic during Takeover: Cardiff we are in for a treat. KLR vs Storm truthfully I've seen so many times between Stardom and everywhere in between should be extremely physical with plenty of action between two best friends.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

August 31st is gonna be a great day for Wrestling. I don't watch NXT UK but it's on before All Out, so I'll give it a shot.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Two more matches have been added (at some point last week). Travis Banks vs Noam Dar and Gibson/Drake vs Andrews/Webster vs Gallus for the tag straps.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

WAKE UP

Status

Snore. Atleast the tag match should be a fun spotfest.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

That doesn't really bolster the card but at least it gives them a showcase. Maybe they'll exceed expectations

Relentless Admin

Status

Absolutely crazy they have Ohno, Ilja, Seven, Dunne, the rest of fake ringkampf and Devlin on the books and they won’t make the show, but flash Morgan Webster And the JAGS from gallus make it on. They actually have a pretty deep women’s roster, I’d of rather seen a viper match or something added as opposed to Travis banks wrestling again.

WAKE UP

Status

is anyone on this board actually a Banks fan? Hes one guy I know has been pushed really hard on the scene for ages but I've always thought he was a two bit Davey Richards GRRR LOOK HOW INTENSE I AM clone. those guys you named not getting on the card sucks chode

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

is anyone on this board actually a Banks fan? Hes one guy I know has been pushed really hard on the scene for ages but I've always thought he was a two bit Davey Richards GRRR LOOK HOW INTENSE I AM clone. those guys you named not getting on the card sucks chode
    You know when I first started watching Progress it was around the time of Super Strong Style Tournament and I thought he was the Man and him winning over Dunne just after beautifully done. It wasn't too long from that he turned Heel and he completely lost his way and became unwatchable to me. WWE has been slowly pushing him and I haven't seen the greatness from him just yet that I saw a few Years ago. Maybe that changes going forward.

Relentless Admin

Status

Jim is/was. Pretty sure he gave Banks a 5 star match a few years ago

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Up until his heel turn in PROGRESS I had no beef with him. But then I've also had the pleasure of Stupid Sexy Travis Banks to enjoy after that happened.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Nope. He has always rubbed me the wrong way. Whether it was the South Pacific Power Trip with TK Cooper or his singles runs. His run as champion was one of the reasons I stopped. The comparison to Davey is one I always made too, although I'm one of the few that actually likes Davey (not sure what it is but I do think his matches entertaining).

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Absolutely crazy they have Ohno, Ilja, Seven, Dunne, the rest of fake ringkampf and Devlin on the books and they won’t make the show, but flash Morgan Webster And the JAGS from gallus make it on. They actually have a pretty deep women’s roster, I’d of rather seen a viper match or something added as opposed to Travis banks wrestling again.
    Suprised they didnt just go with Piper/Rhea at Takeover. Would have made more sense than Dar/Banks for sure.

Little bitta the bubbly!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I’d recommend anyone to check out the Prime Target special on the Network. I haven’t watched a minute of NXT UK since probably the last Takeover, but this was all I needed. I’d have been checking out Walter v Bate anyway, but this was a great watch to build that match.

Thread Information