Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WC's 2019 WWE Fave Five~!

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: WC's 2019 WWE Fave Five~!

I'm surprised but not surprised Miz didn't make the cut this year. Top 5 overall last time around, I'd wager I'm probably the only person here who still has him in their top 5 but thats just because I'm a huge fan of the guy, the last 12 months haven't been good for him. Despite a solid start to his face run that was sabotaged quickly, not many bright spots for him in the last 12 months within the WWE.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Miz has been his usual solid self for pretty much the whole period, even doing his level best to make something out of a feud with Shane McMahon. I'm not surprised he didn't make the Fave Five, but to not get a single vote seems like a drastic drop off to me. Braun and Elias not getting any is much less surprising.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robert De Niro Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I guess maybe it was just the timing of the season, he hadn't really done anything since WM to stay on anyone's mind. I'd actually forgotten about him entirely, the Shane match was one of the best things about Mania. Just feels like Miz and Mrs is more important than his wrestling career, and that there's no real reason to be invested in him anymore.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I guess maybe it was just the timing of the season, he hadn't really done anything since WM to stay on anyone's mind. I'd actually forgotten about him entirely, the Shane match was one of the best things about Mania. Just feels like Miz and Mrs is more important than his wrestling career, and that there's no real reason to be invested in him anymore.
    Even as a huge fan of his he hasn't done anything worth remembering since the Shane feud ended, and even that fell apart at the end of it once Miz had to keep losing to Shane. The Ziggler feud could have been great, the couple of segments they got were really good but it was such a lazy feud that seemed to be ignored most weeks. The Nakamura feud could have been really good, we should have got some good Miz/Sami promo battles but its had a similar issue where there's zero progression/build to the feud on most shows, and when they do cross paths its just Nakamura murking Miz every time.

I wouldn't blame him if he's "focused" more on Miz and Mrs now. He's been one of WWE's best and most consistent performers over the past few years, regardless of what anyone thinks of him as a wrestler he's been one of the only guys giving 100% to everything yet he's wound up in the exact same spot he started in before his 2016 push; hapless jobber who struggles to get any feuds or anything to do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information