Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Premier League 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

Agree with you there too, so until these "owners" start banning people for the abuse they hurl, nothing will start to change.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Classic Newcastle just fucking over Spurs just for the sheer sake of it

Great performance, very reminiscent of a Rafa performance. Joelinton was excellent, as was Dummett and Schar. Longstaff proving once again why Shelvey should never ever start for us again because we look so much more solid without that liability.

Spurs were awful. Really really awful. Kane is a shadow of the player he was, and he has been for a long time now. He used to be the best striker in the world, now he's just a good finisher (most of the time) that adds absolutely nothing else.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Really enjoyed that Tottenham performance. Very much wish they could have saved that until the North London Derby, but maybe they will be generous and provide another performance.

I am totally biased here, but Spurs always seem awful divey to me. Every team does it, or has players who do. But its just like a default form of attack for them.

Fun residue from the Liverpool loss amongst Arsenal supporters - there seems to be a split between Gooners on the approach that Emery took in the match. It stood out because the ArseCast was 45 minutes of the two hosts split on those lines - one felt that the pragmatism made sense and was the right approach, even if it didn't work, and the other was concerned that playing so negatively was a "small club mentality". I honestly felt like it was a smart approach, and if we had converted one of the chances we had in the first half, could have made for a different match. Every Gooner got mad at Wenger at some point for not adapting to strong opposition and seeing us get battered by teams we didn't tactically adapt to. Emery does that, and perhaps too much - to the point we don't really have a default style of play. But considering we were playing 1 first choice defender out of the 4, and our midfield pair was massively inexperienced, and two of the goals were from defensive mistakes.... it could have been much worse lol
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Honestly I don't think Emery's approach was bad at all. Had Pope converted that one on one opportunity before Matip's goal it could have been a very different 2nd half. Us chasing the game with the same level of intensity would have no doubt led to a bunch of defensive mistakes and left us open to concede yet again.

Quite frankly Luiz cost you the game.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Honestly I don't think Emery's approach was bad at all. Had Pope converted that one on one opportunity before Matip's goal it could have been a very different 2nd half. Us chasing the game with the same level of intensity would have no doubt led to a bunch of defensive mistakes and left us open to concede yet again.

Quite frankly Luiz cost you the game.
    Its not like there is some simple formula to defending you lot. Its kinda, you know, really fucking hard. The complaints - which are in the media, as well as some of the fanbase - are that defending and conceding space are a "small club mentality", letting the Liverpool fullbacks have the ball a lot unopposed is dangerous given their crossing ability, and that the chances we created were not really "created" by our attacks so much as by defensive errors. The "small club mentality" jibe is bullshit and stupid - we tried playing more open last year against Liverpool and that got us the opening goal then we were torn to shreds through the middle by simple runs we couldn't defend. So unlike Wenger, we didn't just do the same thing over again and hope for a different result.

Luiz is going to cost us more points this season. It will frustrate, but its who he is. We knew that buying him. It would be worse starting Mustafi, who doesn't just make those occasional mistakes when we are under sustained pressure but when we are under very little pressure and then he has an awesome habit of blaming those around him for what was clearly his mistake.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

What we thinking about this weeks games? North London Derby I'm buzzing for, perfect time to rebound for both teams, so I'm a bit nervous heading in. Have a feeling it'll be a high scoring game but so I'm guessing 3-2 Arsenal

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

North London derby is all on Emery. If he's smart, Spurs are there for the taking as they've been truly found out and haven't been that good since the start of the year. If Emery is naive he could easily end up playing right into Spurs' hands.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Shock Reviews Archive

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

Yeah, I hope he doesn't try and play without both Lacazette and Aubameyang on the pitch. Whenever they aren't playing together we can't seem to score until it's too late

Heel Champion

Status

Would love for the NLD to be a 5-5 draw just for shits and giggles.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Let's see what Man United we get today then! Not overley confident with the line up. I might be being harsh and he might have a stormer of a performance but I don't like Seeing Mata in the team. Pogba again playing so deep too. Greenwood on the bench again with Rash up top.

Need 3 points to get back on track and avoid early pressure.

Loving the kits this season too! I like all three but I'm not buying any untill I see some consistently good performances Haha! =P

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status

Zero attacking movement when it was needed most, more poor defending so we got what we deserved. Andreas is not a right winger and Pogba was played too deep for too long. More questions to be answered and it isn't looking good with 5 points from 12 first up. Hopefully the International break is something we need.....

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Another shit performance

Pogba was poor first half but in 10 minutes showed where he should be and what he is as a player when he was pushed further forward and that's where he should be playing as the #10 where he can effect games and be a danger.

Rashford was awful and already the choice to let Rom and Sanchez go without a replacement is looking terrible with 4 games in and Martial injured. Ole talking a big game with our younger players but Greenwood only seems to get a cameo appearance when it's looking desperate while Chong & Gomes struggle to make the bench. Poor inform Lingard and Matic brought on when we're trying to win the game. I get why Matic came on to free up Pogba but still- not good enough.

AWB & Dan James the only positives- I thought both of them were very good today.

Also VAR proven to be another case of making it up as we go along because I thought it was a stonewall penalty on Greenwood. We would have missed it of course but that's besides the point.

International break now- great!

"LET ME IN.."

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post

International break now- great!
    Literally the worst time of the season. This first international break is a killer.

Decent enough draw considering it was two fairly poor teams. No creativity in the squad.

Chelsea's squad is bang average and the fear factor is long gone. The difference between them today and them a few years ago is crazy.

On the other hand, City are, of course, incredible. They'll walk the league comfortably this year. Seeing Kevin De Bruyne back to his best is great to see as he's the best player in the league and makes an already amazing team even better.

Shock Reviews Archive

Status

Don't know how much play it will get in the media today, but Bournemouth got pretty fucked by the ref today. I was perfectly okay with Leicester winning, but there is a challenge by Tielman's that looked every bit a red and didn't get even get a yellow. VAR didn't overturn. Brutal call. Seeing that one around Twitter. But there was also a challenge in the box on Wilson that got him a yellow for diving that looked like hip-contact that sent him down without much exaggeration. No VAR there.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Don't know how much play it will get in the media today, but Bournemouth got pretty fucked by the ref today. I was perfectly okay with Leicester winning, but there is a challenge by Tielman's that looked every bit a red and didn't get even get a yellow. VAR didn't overturn. Brutal call. Seeing that one around Twitter. But there was also a challenge in the box on Wilson that got him a yellow for diving that looked like hip-contact that sent him down without much exaggeration. No VAR there.
    You think that's bad, check out the Villa disallowed goal at the end of their game.

Genuinely one of the worst calls I've seen.

Shock Reviews Archive

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Chelsea's squad is bang average and the fear factor is long gone. The difference between them today and them a few years ago is crazy.

On the other hand, City are, of course, incredible. They'll walk the league comfortably this year. Seeing Kevin De Bruyne back to his best is great to see as he's the best player in the league and makes an already amazing team even better.
    Yeah Looking at the Chelsea squad right now is quite depressing. Doesn't really help that Lampard is nearly the quality of manager they need to get that little bit extra out of the team. Would legit be shocked if he manages to take them to a top 4 finish.

I'm damn near certain the title is going to City once again this year. We've looked good so far but i worry about the depth in our team. We've pretty much got no cover for Robertson or TAA and i still feel we lack that creative flair in the middle of the park (KDB is going to rip shit up for them). Not spending any real money will no doubt come back to hurt us.

The North London derby should be an interesting one today. Part of me feels that It's Emery's to lose (Kane isn't looking as clinical as he has in previous years & the squad hasn't settled into the season yet) but i reckon it'll end up in a draw.

Heel Champion

Status

The VAR inconsistencies strike again. I wonder if the FA have the ability to pull it during this break haha.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status

What a game, I've been hard on Guendouzi, but he's been great today. Sokratis & Xhaka was awful, giving away those goals and that pen by Xhaka. Lacazette and Aubameyang pulling through for us again

Status

I'm disappointed with the draw and kinda satisfied at the same time. Going down 2-0 could have been the kind of situation where we completely came apart mentally, especially with the 2nd goal being such an absolutely ridiculous penalty to concede.

What is telling is that certain players seem very very commited and determined. The front three, typically, and definitely Guendouzi today. Certain players seem more like passengers, including Miki and the penalty king Xhaka. The latter just lacks the physicals necessary and he is too clumsy. I know how much his passing adds, but at times, he really is as much of a liability as a lot of people perceive him to be at all times. Guendouzi, Ceballos, and Willock look like they can add the passing dynamism to compensate for Xhaka not being in the side.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

I couldn't beleive Xhaka when he went diving in with a tackle He's got to go! Carrying the armband as well today, I think. Shocking.

I've been impressed with Arsenal and that's hard for me to say. I see positives for sure and they seem to have more fight and don't give up. That front three is so tasty as well and when it all clicks it's a joy to watch for sure.

Defensively still atrocious and signing Luiz is only going to add to that really.

Spurs were on the ropes and Arsenal will be slightly disappointed they didn't go on to win the game I'm sure. 2 nil down though- Got to be happy with the fightback ultimately.

"LET ME IN.."

Thread Information