Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

Status

Re: Premier League 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

I'm perfectly okay with United winning against Chelsea.... but holy fuck how does Maguire not get sent off for that? Its blatantly worse than what Son did and that was a VAR-given red. This time, VAR takes 10 seconds. English national team player bias in play?
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Stylebender

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Nah, I think just the VAR team being fuckin idiots It's almost funny how shit VAR is this season, can't wait for the teething issues to be ironed out

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Yeah Maguire was a very, very lucky boy.

I remember when Jorginho scored against Arsenal after he should have been sent off.. I'd say it was Karma

Jokes aside, we had the rub of the green. I felt the other two calls were correct but Harry should have seen red for sure.

Really good win, and it's just a shame for Ole he can't play Chelsea every week Haha!

Fully expecting us to stick to our one step forward, two back, and lose to Watford. Hopefully not though and we can go on a little run.

"LET ME IN.."

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Everything decision was just except the Maguire red card, or lack thereof.

United wasn't great, limited chances which we took. Defensively caught out a bit with Chelsea failing to score several clear cut chances. I'd say we're lucky but a win is a win

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Tomori goal shouldn’t have been disallowed - if anything it’s a penalty to Chelsea for Fred shoving Dave.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Tomori goal shouldn’t have been disallowed - if anything it’s a penalty to Chelsea for Fred shoving Dave.
    Tomori?

It was Zouma, mate.

I personally think that was the right call.

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status

Was a bit of a weird game overall. I have to say both teams are probably pretty evenly matched overall, it was just United took their chances...whilst rightly or wrongly Chelsea had theirs disallowed.

So there are a few major talking points here....Harry Maguire first...not a red for me. Yes he puts he leg out at Michy is about to fall on him and he does catch him in the balls but it wasn't a malicious kick...though VAR inconsistencies strike again on that one.

Zouma's disallowed header...I can see why it was disallowed by VAR, but if you're going to punish all pushes in the box a game will take longer than an NFL one to finish. I personally would have said goal as Fred did make the first push.

Giroud's was rightly disallowed and that is what VAR should be used for. It wasn't a tight one considering we've seen goals disallowed for an armpit offside haha, but this was a big oaf of a foot ahead of the last man.

As for the actual goals, since when has Tony managed to head a ball semi decently? The banter him and Bruno are having on social media is funny as haha. Plus poor defending for Maguire's header, no way should you be letting a guy like that get a run on you.

It now brings like 7 team within 7 points of eachother in the race for Europe, but this is Man Utd...we'll go and get beat at home by Watford on Sunday and be back to square one.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

curious how kicking up at someone - and kicking them in the balls - is not malicious? What would it take for that to be malicious?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

Even if the slabhead one is the only bad one VAR got wrong, that's a pretty big one to get wrong when he goes on to score later in the match. Utd don't win that game if they have to play with 10 men for the majority of the match.

I would of let the Zouma one stand because Fred is doing exactly the same thing to Dave that Dave is doing to their player, and Fred commits his 'foul' first.

The giroud one was correct.

It is papering the cracks and giving Chelsea excuses to cover their poor form and how much teams have closed the gap on them. The title race is dead, but the hunt for those last CL places are gonna go down to the wire. Even Everton have a shout now.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Even if the slabhead one is the only bad one VAR got wrong, that's a pretty big one to get wrong when he goes on to score later in the match. Utd don't win that game if they have to play with 10 men for the majority of the match.

I would of let the Zouma one stand because Fred is doing exactly the same thing to Dave that Dave is doing to their player, and Fred commits his 'foul' first.

The giroud one was correct.

It is papering the cracks and giving Chelsea excuses to cover their poor form and how much teams have closed the gap on them. The title race is dead, but the hunt for those last CL places are gonna go down to the wire. Even Everton have a shout now.
    This.

Got to ask why we bothered to get our ban overturned early just to sign nobody and go with what we had already. Makes me sick that we started a crucial PRemier league game with Willian, Batshuayi and Pedro as our attacking threat. I miss Eden Hazard!

Ziyech might be a great signing for us, but it's just the tip of the iceberg for what is needed to put us up amongst the top teams in the league again.

On the plus side Reece James is starting to show what a talent he is.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    curious how kicking up at someone - and kicking them in the balls - is not malicious? What would it take for that to be malicious?
    I don't think malice is even a factor in this case. Even if you pretend there was no malice (which I feel there was because he made an outward motion to kick), if you're that clumsy that you are doing that to another player, the end result is the same as if there was malice - you kicked another player and you should be sent off.

I think Chelsea players should have kicked up far more of a fuss and he'd have gotten sent off. Sad but true.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Maguire should definitely have got sent off on the basis that Son got punished for much the same offence - was ridiculously stupid of him. It's one that the referee should at least be told to go and look at the screen for. Obviously Maguire then had to be the one to score the second goal.

Think the Zouma goal is a bit of grey area, if they count Fred's little nudge as a foul (and Zouma didn't score) it would have had to be a penalty which it clearly wasn't. You see challenges like that all the time in the penalty area and they are never going to be given. Think also VAR can only intervene if it's regarded as a clear and obvious offence which again Fred's nudge wasn't - so I presume the VAR official has to disregard it but then Azpi's push is clear and obvious. Like I say, think it's a grey area - not sure if the VAR official can actually say to the on-field official, "Look, Fred has nudged Azpi which has caused Azpi's push to be stronger than it probably was intended to be"? All in all, with the rules as they are at the moment, it's quite cute from Fred to do it but I doubt any of that's crossed his mind at the time of the challenge.

And he scores goals...!

Status

I'm not much for conspiracy theories.... but at this point, either VAR is being intentionally self-sabotaged from within or the competence levels of those involved is absolutely horrifying. Its not like other leagues have implemented it perfectly, but even really incompetent leagues haven't had this level of stupidity. With that Lo Celso stamp, they are now even admitting they fucked it up.... but won't take retrospective action to correct it. Fantastic stuff.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Not to mention the tale of the handballs in Leicester/Man City. The inconsistency is the issue, and it lays firmly at the door of the FA and the guys in the truck.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I'm not much for conspiracy theories.... but at this point, either VAR is being intentionally self-sabotaged from within or the competence levels of those involved is absolutely horrifying. Its not like other leagues have implemented it perfectly, but even really incompetent leagues haven't had this level of stupidity. With that Lo Celso stamp, they are now even admitting they fucked it up.... but won't take retrospective action to correct it. Fantastic stuff.
    I said it to a couple guys in the Whatsapp Chat earlier but i'm convinced that they are making it fail on purpose to give them a reason to try and get rid of it (considering they didn't want it to begin with). I just can't get behind the idea of all these problems being down to poor implementation...even if they were down to poor implementation, the issues with the current way its run are fairly straightforward to fix and yet they choose not to fix them.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

UNITED HAVE WON BACK TO BACK PREMIER LEAGUE GAMES, HALLELUJAH! :D

Good win, really was a struggle first half but a lot more assured after that first goal.

Fernandes was solid and I loved that cheeky little pen. Martial again showing his class with another one for the haters. Excellent finish! And then that boy, Greenwood. Another fantastic finish from him and what a special talent he is and is going to continue to be.

Shame Ighalo couldn't grab his goal, both him and Chong were unlucky not net one a piece.

"LET ME IN.."

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status

VAR was at it's worst yesterday. It's one thing to go against a red card that most people think is a nailed on red from Le Celso, but then to issue an apology and say you've made a mistake and he should of been sent off, and then to compound it with 'but we can't suspend him because the VAR didn't give the red card at the time', what the hell is that bollocks all about. The retrospective action ruling is a joke, Albion are getting done over with it all the time. And then the Bournemouth game where their first goal gets chalked off for no good reason, then their second disallowed because they have to take it back 10 seconds for a handball and pen to Burnley, which even if it's the correct decision, that doesn't feel like Football to me. And then the Leicester/City game where one handball is given penalty and another handball isn't given a penalty, and the decision surprise surprise favours the big team. Do away with it, it's a cancer of english football. It was suppose to stop mistakes in the game and end the debates after matches and I've never known a league season be so dominated by ref decisions.

Congratulations to Man Utd who can celebrate the 40 points trophy and be safe in the knowledge they won't be relegated this season.

Vintage Everton. Can have an excellent manager in charge, and they still fold every time they go away to a top 6 club.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Don't you know, pump it up, United are staying up!

:D

Another year of Premier League football achieved. Following Liverpool's 30 year plan to get back challenging.

"LET ME IN.."

Heel Champion

Status

With the run in Man Utd have....another other year a top 4 place would be almost guaranteed but not with this team haha. It was a good win but there was still too many wtf moments for me. Dan James needs a goal to relax him a bit, he tried too hard at times. There were too many misplaced passes too, and again Ole leaving it late on for subs to come on...if you want to get Ighalo match fit he needs more than 10 bloody minutes...what happens if Tony breaks down? Overall happy with the performance...let's see what team he puts out on Thursday now as we need a result there too.

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

The Top 4 (5) run in is so much fun to watch because it's such a race of who can fuck up the least.

Leicester - in a terrible run of form, Vardy can't score right now, the team is completely different without Ndidi to anchor the midfield.

Chelsea - young and inconsistent. Can't keep Kante fit, struggle massively against bottom half sides especially at home, Abraham struggling to stay fit, team is changing formations a lot.

Man United - Injuries to their top players, inconsistent against bottom half sides (although lately they've been getting better there), thin squad having to balance Europa League as well.

Sheffield United - Incredibly inexperienced to this level and pressure, tired legs could become a problem. For all their tactics, team work, and effort, they're still very much individually not as talented as the others.

Arsenal - Don't know how to defend, are Arsenal. Mentally weak.

Wolves - The thinnest squad of all the sides right now, playing on two fronts.

Everton -

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread Information