Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: NWA General Discussion Thread

  1. #1

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    NWA NWA General Discussion Thread



    NWA are taking a swing at doing their own television, from a studio in Atlanta. Since they ended the working deal with ROH about a week ago, they're gonna need to bring in quite a few people to create an actual roster. Will be super interesting to see who they hire and what they produce, especially as Corgan said they'll be "unscripted" and "uncensored".
    Last edited by Silk; 10-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    7,079
    Rep Power
    1044893
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Official Independent Wrestling Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post


    NWA are taking a swing at doing their own television, from a studio in Atlanta. Since they ended the working deal with ROH about a week ago, they're gonna need to bring in quite a few people to create an actual roster. Will be super interesting to see who they hire and what they produce, especially as Corgan said they'll be "unscripted" and "uncensored".
    Even though I am not a Smashing Pumpkins fan I respect Billy C. you can tell the guy loves wrestling and to see him multiple times try to revive a company is great. NWA now is very underrated a lot of great talent there headed by Aldis who is bringing NWA Championship prestige back from the dead. I look forward to watching this.


    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges




  3. #3
    Mid-Card Champion
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    359651
      Country                    Canada

    Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA


  4. #4
    On Vacation
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Training with Ahsoka
    Posts
    36,659
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Truth be told I wished Corgan was still with Impact Wrestling. I thought he would of been perfect to lead the Ship there, and it sucks how that ended because you could see the passion he had to see the Company be success. That is he past though, we are in the present, and I wish the NWA well on this journey that'll I'll be following. More Wrestling Companies being successful is great for talent and the industry itself.

  5. #5
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    7,079
    Rep Power
    1044893
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truth be told I wished Corgan was still with Impact Wrestling. I thought he would of been perfect to lead the Ship there, and it sucks how that ended because you could see the passion he had to see the Company be success. That is he past though, we are in the present, and I wish the NWA well on this journey that'll I'll be following. More Wrestling Companies being successful is great for talent and the industry itself.
    I agree I feel like he would of put the company in a better direction with TV contracts and such though NWA does have drake storm Aldis sienna as well. So I mean it has more impact stars then impact has. Impact feels like a whole different company now.


    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges




  6. #6

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA



    So the tapings will be taking place on September 30th and October 1st in Atlanta. They also announced the signing of an indie guy named Ricky Starks. Can't say I'm familiar, he's a pretty small time guy out of Texas, but I do know he was in a match on the NWA 70th Anniversary Show last year and he has an alright look at least. I'm still looking forward to the roll out of the rest of their roster ahead of the tapings.

  7. #7

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post


    So the tapings will be taking place on September 30th and October 1st in Atlanta. They also announced the signing of an indie guy named Ricky Starks. Can't say I'm familiar, he's a pretty small time guy out of Texas, but I do know he was in a match on the NWA 70th Anniversary Show last year and he has an alright look at least. I'm still looking forward to the roll out of the rest of their roster ahead of the tapings.
    Starks is one half of Extra Talent-ed with Aaron Solow (Solow being Bayley's bf or at least was at one point). I saw them in a couple of PROGRESS matches. Seemed to work well enough together.

    The announcement of the weekly show is good news for the NWA. It seems like all of the buzz that the NWA gained after Corgan took over two years ago has long since died and the whole title switch to Cody ended up being a whole lot of nothing. I do wonder how much attention they can bring back to their company after essentially doing very little for two years. To think, since Corgan bought the NWA, MLW has returned and AEW has launched. Meanwhile, NWA has been in the background, doing tiny things like bringing back the random NWA National Title. I guess they also crowned new NWA Tag Champions, but has there even been a single title defense?

  8. #8

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Starks is one half of Extra Talent-ed with Aaron Solow (Solow being Bayley's bf or at least was at one point). I saw them in a couple of PROGRESS matches. Seemed to work well enough together.

    The announcement of the weekly show is good news for the NWA. It seems like all of the buzz that the NWA gained after Corgan took over two years ago has long since died and the whole title switch to Cody ended up being a whole lot of nothing. I do wonder how much attention they can bring back to their company after essentially doing very little for two years. To think, since Corgan bought the NWA, MLW has returned and AEW has launched. Meanwhile, NWA has been in the background, doing tiny things like bringing back the random NWA National Title. I guess they also crowned new NWA Tag Champions, but has there even been a single title defense?
    It is a bit unfortunate it's taken them a little while to get their feet under them. How could they have predicted the wrestling world would suddenly go into this period of (sort of) unprecedented growth and exposure? Despite the unfortunate timing, I am totally down for more, hopefully unique, weekly wrestling. I really question who they can get to challenge and eventually defeat Aldis for the 10 Pounds of Gold too, because despite his transformation into this cool classic face world champ, I really question his ability to carry a company with presumably big ambitions.

  9. #9

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA



    They might have just done something...

  10. #10

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    From NWA's web site:


    The National Wreslting Alliance is proud to announce…

    NWA POWER is coming to you worldwide every Tuesday at 6:05pm ET starting on October 8th.


    As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.


    http://www.facebook.com/NWA


    http://www.youtube.com/NWA


    And if you can’t watch the live premiere, the show will be available on-demand via those platform plus they will be made available on Fite.TV every Saturday Night.


    Also announced today the National Wrestling Alliance returns to Atlanta on December 14tth with a live PPV event.
    So after this week we'll have Raw on Monday Night, Impact and NWA Power on Tuesday night, NXT and AEW Dynamite on Wednesday Night, NXT UK on Thursday, and Smackdown and 205 Live on Friday Night. Bah gawd.

  11. #11

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    It took Corgan two damn years to get a weekly Youtube show for the NWA.

  12. #12
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,064
    Rep Power
    1034302
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    From NWA's web site:




    So after this week we'll have Raw on Monday Night, Impact and NWA Power on Tuesday night, NXT and AEW Dynamite on Wednesday Night, NXT UK on Thursday, and Smackdown and 205 Live on Friday Night. Bah gawd.
    Also on Thursday will be Beyond’s Uncharted Territory season 2 premiere! Chikara’s King of Trios opening round starts on Friday as well, both will be on IWTV.

    Regarding NWA, I’ll give it a shot I do like some of the talent they have on their roster.


    Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  13. #13
    On Vacation
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Training with Ahsoka
    Posts
    36,659
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    Hey now I was already stressing how in the hell will I be able to watch all of this scheduling of Wrestling now that has gone up another level. All this Weekly Wrestling to go along with my watching of Joshi and other Puro I'm going need to up my Caffeine count.

  14. #14
    Curtain Jerker
    WrestleRacer91's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    I absolutely love that the NWA is back in full form having studio wrestling once again each and every week at 6:05pm.

  15. #15

    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1229303
      Country                    United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA



    And here we are. Haven't watched this yet because of work but I'm definitely gonna check it out later tonight.

  16. #16
    Tag Team Specialist
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The burbs of B-more
    Posts
    1,079
    Rep Power
    254847
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Billy Corgan Makes Announcement Regarding NWA

    I've watched it. I really liked it, but in a more nostalgic way. Decent story telling, working was iffy, the commentary was acceptable. I'm going to support it moving forward, but there are better products out there.


  17. #17
    No One
    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    13,487
    Rep Power
    863102
      Country                    Canada

    Re: NWA General Discussion Thread

    This is the first time I've gone through a wrestling show without getting disinterested in a while. It just felt very pure, and self contained. I'd like a more diverse roster, but aside from that, I really dug this show. The only thing I disliked was that the main event didnt really deliver. Got a lot of mixed messages from it. I think in the end they were going for an "epic" but the quality just never reached that point so some of the big dramatic spots (low blow, hitting camilla, kicking out of perfect storm) didn't really deliver. Besides that though, really enjoyable show. 1hr is such a good show length.

  18. #18
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,210
    Rep Power
    390445

    Re: NWA General Discussion Thread

    i watched most of it. kingstons promo ruled. i enjoyed the throwback aspect of the show.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

  19. #19
    Banned Helping A Friend

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Barrows Mansion, Romsdalen, Norway
    Posts
    8,506
    Rep Power
    848596
      Country                    Norway

    Re: NWA General Discussion Thread

    That was a great show all around. Storm/Aldis was great as the main event. James Storm looked great, and so did the tag team champs. Eddie Kingston had a helluva promo.

    Also, that commentary team was great, Jim Cornette may have outdated views on wrestling, but he is still by far one of the best color guys in the entire business.

  20. #20
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,270
    Rep Power
    16368
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: NWA General Discussion Thread

    I loved it.

    Honestly the main event over delivered as I've see their matches before and they weren't great. Overall the match quality should improve a bit, but I love everything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •