Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - August 5, 2019

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - August 5, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    So that Universal Title match at SummerSlam will have to be a squash right? Rollins can barely walk after last week and then just takes another beating tonight. Surely Lesnar just steamrolls him right?
    I am waiting to see The Man go face to face with The Beast. I am thinking we see something like that at Summerslam.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

So that Universal Title match at SummerSlam will have to be a squash right? Rollins can barely walk after last week and then just takes another beating tonight. Surely Lesnar just steamrolls him right?
    Can't just have a normal storyline anymore. Gotta put every possible barrier in front of the babyface to make the odds impossible. Before SS, Brock is gonna run over Rollins in a shiny new John Deere harvester. And Vince will get involved to punch Rollin's grandmother in the mouth on live TV.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Dolph should be thrilled to face Goldberg at Summerslam and I would say debut some new outfit because the walk to the Ring might be longer than the Match on Sunday. Not to say I wouldn't mind Ziggles screwing over Goldberg and kissing everyone in his family.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

Well that closing segment was a mess but other than the execution just being kind of messy, everyone did a good job. Miz really crushed it on the mic. Ziggler sold his outrage well. Still a weird, random match that I'm not super interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Dolph should be thrilled to face Goldberg at Summerslam and I would say debut some new outfit because the walk to the Ring might be longer than the Match on Sunday.
    I'd love some fresh Ziggler ring gear. Seems like he's been in the same stuff for like 5 years.

Not to say I wouldn't mind Ziggles screwing over Goldberg and kissing everyone in his family.
    ...what?

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well that closing segment was a mess but other than the execution just being kind of messy, everyone did a good job. Miz really crushed it on the mic. Ziggler sold his outrage well. Still a weird, random match that I'm not super interested in.
    Why couldn't Roman's Attacker come in during that Segment

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Why couldn't Roman's Attacker come in during that Segment
    cause its a SD Angle even though half SD Roster was on RAW that Wild card rule sure gets flexed

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Are we sure Bischoff didn't take over Raw?

- Hot Cruiserweight Match
    - Outside the Arena segment
    - Big untalented & overpaid bastard who doesn't give a fuck put over smaller face & kills him to seemingly no point
    - Car crash angle
    - Goldberg in the main event segment

This is WCW all over again.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

I thought it was an overall good episode of Raw. I can't buy into Ziggler anymore, he's run his gimmick into the ground because he's been recycling the same speech for years and any vision of him claiming a top spot on either brand is long gone. He needs something new, and desperately fast, if he's to continue getting tv time. Calling himself the showstopper and whatever, I can't even remember anything in the last 1-2 years that he did, if he's even done anything at all in the time period.

Another thing is, they've absolutely killed Rollins for me. That promo was god awful, and he's been going downhill since Mania. Although, he's become significantly less appealing and made to look like a giant geek ever since they paired him and Becky on live tv.

Other than that, thought everything was solid. Nice to see Cross/Alexa win the belts since they get a lot of tv time and have a chance to give the belts some sort of importance. Bray using the mandible claw on Kurt was great, Andrade/Rey was a really good match, as well as Joe interrupting the intro.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Who the hell thought having Seth Rollins try to cut an emotional, heartfelt, broken promo was a good idea. The guy cant talk or show emotion or show personality, thats clearly not going to be something he can pull off. Limit him to doing spotfests which he can do.

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Who the hell thought having Seth Rollins try to cut an emotional, heartfelt, broken promo was a good idea. The guy cant talk or show emotion or show personality, thats clearly not going to be something he can pull off. Limit him to doing spotfests which he can do.
    Nope, not at all. He's mediocre at best on the mic, and terrible as a face on the mic.

They are booking to his weaknesses, not his strengths. I mean what are they even doing with him? "Beastslayer" he is, apparently. Yet they have him beat Brock at Mania with a low blow, and then continue to be ravaged by Brock ever sense. Constant god awful corny lines on the mic, the same shtick each match with the knee selling and blah blah blah.

At this point they just need to have him get squashed by Brock at Summerslam, and have him come back later as a heel on SD or something. They won't, though. Because when things aren't working in the WWE, they just keep trying the same thing and expect it to eventually click.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Status

I do personally feel that WWE's booking is slowly trending upward. I actually have pretty high expectations for SummerSlam and I feel like they'll really be able to flip the switch once it passes. Hopefully Shane will be off TV, Rollins will have a new direction and they'll keep the pushing the right people.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

You can definitely see that there is some direction at least, whereas you really couldn't in the past year but the execution just needs to be better.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Mysterio/Andrade with another good TV match shocker.

Poor Asuka and Kairi, but Nikki and Alexa have great chemistry together and are a better fit as team. I'd split up Kairi and Asuka to solve WWE's problem with not enough challengers for Becky and Bayley atm.

Thread Information