Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJPW Super J Cup 2019

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW Super J Cup 2019

If they have, it's on the most obscure of indies shows in Mexico because cagematch isn't showing any one v one matches.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    If they have, it's on the most obscure of indies shows in Mexico because cagematch isn't showing any one v one matches.
    Really? I easily found some results:

01.02.2019 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Campeon Universal Del CMLL 2019 Quarter Final: Dragon Lee defeats Caristico (5:00)
    CMLL Super Viernes - TV-Show @ Arena Mexico in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexiko

15.06.2018 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Lightning: Caristico defeats Dragon Lee [8:12]
    CMLL Super Viernes - TV-Show @ Arena Mexico in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexiko

20.04.2018 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Lightning: Caristico defeats Dragon Lee (2:45)

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Would be willing to bet good money that Red gets Ospreay in this tournament.
    Subscribe to the WC hotline for all the latest wrestling scoopz

Could be a decent tournament but it's kinda lacking in imagination with these participants.

Subscribe to the WC hotline for all the latest wrestling scoopz

Could be a decent tournament but it's kinda lacking in imagination with these participants.
    Who would have thought that Ospreay talking about wanting to wrestle Amazing Red in a bunch of recent interviews would have led to a match.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Really? I easily found some results:

01.02.2019 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Campeon Universal Del CMLL 2019 Quarter Final: Dragon Lee defeats Caristico (5:00)

15.06.2018 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Lightning: Caristico defeats Dragon Lee [8:12]

20.04.2018 Consejo Mundial De Lucha Libre Lightning: Caristico defeats Dragon Lee (2:45)
    Weird. Not sure why it didn't show up for me. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Weird. Not sure why it didn't show up for me. Hmmm
    What did you do to try and find the matches?

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Who would have thought that Ospreay talking about wanting to wrestle Amazing Red in a bunch of recent interviews would have led to a match.
    Making predictions and news stories based off wrestler tweets is now 90% of wrestling journalism, I'm just getting in on the act.

Making predictions and news stories based off wrestler tweets is now 90% of wrestling journalism, I'm just getting in on the act.
    You got me there. That's my biggest complaint about 411mania. The "Journalists" carefully listen to every ep of Wrestling Observer Radio, ready to report anything Meltzer says as a scoop, whether it's an actual scoop or just Meltzer responding to whatever he sees on a weekly show.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Since this doesn't come out until September, I imagine some discussions of the results and winners will take place. So I warn people who don't want to be spoilers that there might be spoilers after this. So take care.

Predictions

Soberano Jr. vs. Rocky Romero
    TJP vs. Clark Connors
    Caristico vs. BUSHI
    Jonathan Gresham vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
    Robbie Eagles vs. El Phantasmo
    Dragon Lee vs. YOH
    SHO vs. Taiji Ishimori
    Will Ospreay vs. Amazing Red

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I think Eagles will win to set up a Jr. Tag titles shot and also Rocky to get more Cali guys into those shows but otherwise I agree with all the others.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Soberano Jr. vs. Rocky Romero
    TJP vs. Clark Connors
    Caristico vs. BUSHI
    Jonathan Gresham vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
    Robbie Eagles vs. El Phantasmo
    Dragon Lee vs. YOH
    SHO vs. Taiji Ishimori
    Will Ospreay vs. Amazing Red

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Only got two of my predictions incorrect. Interesting tournament. Ospreay and Red apparently tore the house down on the first night. The final two weren't who I would've thought either. A nice switch.

Spoilers for people that don't want to know who won the Super J Cup

Spoiler:

El Phantasmo won, eh? I don't like Phantasmo at all, I find him really bland and boring and could easily be interchanged with anyone else but based on New Japan's booking of him, I can see why they went in this direction. The Juniors probably do need that main heel to make things interesting. Ishimori has been injury riddled for ages now so ELP fits the bill. Dragon Lee going far is good as far as he is concerned.

Apparently El Phantasmo said something along the lines of calling Ospreay the "Autistic Assassin". That's not cool. Hope he gets rid of that stuff. Some things are best when you have limits.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Was the Super J Cup not filmed? Wanted to watch it online but couldn't find anything on it at all :S

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Was the Super J Cup not filmed? Wanted to watch it online but couldn't find anything on it at all :S
    For some reason they've got it on super delayed schedule, some time in September it's dropping. Ridiculous wait in this day and age from a major company.

As for the winner, while not my choice, I do think it's commendable they've decided to use the tournament to establish another guy and then set up a program for Liger to pass time until they finally do Suzuki/Liger. That achieves much more than just putting Ospreay over again.

Thread Information