Thread: Black Widow(2020)

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Black Widow(2020)

Director: Cate Shortland
    Writers: Ned Benson (screenplay), Don Heck (comic book & character)
    Stars: David Harbour, Florence Pugh, Scarlett Johansson
    Release: May 1st, 2020

http://collider.com/black-widow-movi...e-cast/#images

The worst kept secret in Marvel Studios history has now been made official: a Black Widow movie is coming, and it’ll hit theaters in May 2020. Despite the fact that the film had already started filming this summer, Marvel Studios declined to comment or confirm future plans until after fans had a chance to witness and experience the twists and turns of Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far from Home for themselves.

Scarlett Johansson leads the Black Widow movie as Natasha Romanoff, which is being directed by Cate Shortland. The Australian director previously helmed films like Lore and Berlin Syndrome that caught Marvel and Johansson’s attention, as they met with a number of directors to find the right fit for the long-awaited Black Widow movie.

Joining Johansson in the confirmed cast is David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz, and Marvel confirmed during its big Hall H panel at Comic-Con that Pugh is in fact playing Yelena Belova, who in the comics takes over the Black Widow mantle from Natasha Romanoff.

The Black Widow movie will delve into Romanoff’s past, watching as she puts the pieces of herself back together to make her a whole person, with Budapest serving as a significant setting. It should come as no surprise to people that the film takes place before the events of the first The Avengers movie. So yes, unfortunately what happened in Endgame stuck.

“I think that’s what drew me to the story, she’s got so many secrets, she’s got so much vulnerability and I think that’s what makes her such a great heroine,” said Shortland on the Hall H stage. “In this film we get to understand her past and put the pieces of herself together and come out a whole person.” Johansson added that the film will allow fans to see a different side of Natasha:

“I get to play Natahsa as a fully realized woman and in all of her many facets, I’m excited for fans to see the flawed side of her, what she perceives to be the flawed side of her, and I’m looking to wipe out some of that red in my ledger so you guys will be seeing more of that.”
    Goddesses Scarlet giving us that flavor in Phase 4 awesome. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-25-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Black Widow(2020)

The only way this one catches my interest is if the Black Widow name actually gets passed on to Florence Pugh and she pops up in future movies. If there are no real ramifications on future movies though then this has to be insanely good for me to care.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Harbour playing Red Guardian which is the Soviet Union version of Captain America, Pugh playing Yelena who was once sent to kill off Natasha and became an ally later should be great to see. Taskmaster being the Main Villain in this I can dig this. The only guy in the Comics to offset Taskmaster's abilities is Deadpool soo..

Yelena could always be the next Black Widow in waiting and we see her learn the Ropes from Natasha and later see her in a future MCU being the new Black Widow. Give us what we want.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 07-21-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

After the last Avengers movie everybody was talking about Stark and not about Black Widow and it broke my heart..

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by watson52 View Post
    After the last Avengers movie everybody was talking about Stark and not about Black Widow and it broke my heart..
    As Age of Ultron demonstrated, Black Widow is without value since she's sterile and cannot have children.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

First Poster and Concept Art for the Film which by the look of things might be after Civil War.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

It’s set before the first Avengers movie.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It’s set before the first Avengers movie.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Honestly nothing is confirmed right now and don't be shocked we see flashbacks of her back around the time before the first Avengers film timeline and her later in time. I just saw the Teaser Trailer that leaked Online from D23, and she doesn't look to be from before the first Avengers film though who knows.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Honestly nothing is confirmed right now and don't be shocked we see flashbacks of her back around the time before the first Avengers film timeline and her later in time. I just saw the Teaser Trailer that leaked Online from D23, and she doesn't look to be from before the first Avengers film though who knows.
    Dude, it’s in the article that’s linked in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Dude, it’s in the article that’s linked in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the Budapest stuff just might something we see in the beginning and what happens there effects the real timeline we see with her Character during this film. Everyone involved is keeping their Mouths shut with this lately so until I see some kind of Trailer I don't trust people's supposedly leak on the plot they heard from this person and that person.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The character was one of my favourite characters when I watched all of the avenger movies (which is recently) so I'm in on this. Her past is interesting so I'm kean on learning more about it even more depth.

Heel Champion

Status

While at first the prospect of this didn't appeal to me, can say now the more details I've heard the more hyped up I am.

Thread Information