Thread: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2021)

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2021)

Director: Scott Derrickson
    Writers: Steve Ditko (based on the Marvel comics by), Stan Lee (based on the Marvel comics by)
    Stars: Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen
    Release Date: May 7th, 2021

Marvel Studios announced a Doctor Strange 2 release date and title in Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con today, along with one other surprise. Benedict Cumberbatch reprises the title role in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, which will co-star Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch. Scott Derrickson returns to the director’s chair having helmed the first Doctor Strange, but he promised the Hall H crowd he’s going to make “the first scary MCU film.”

This movie will be directly tied to the upcoming Disney+ series WandaVision, which stars Olsen opposite Paul Bettany‘s Vision and debuts on the streaming service in Spring 2021. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said the events of WandaVision lead into and impact what happens in Doctor Strange 2.

The title suggests that yes, the multiverse is very much real (contrary to that Mysterio trickery) and this sequel will find Doctor Strange venturing into said multiverse with a witchy companion. Derrickson’s background is in horror having helmed fright fests like The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Sinister, but his Doctor Strange movie was far more restrained in that regard. It appears he’s convinced the powers that be to make a true MCU horror movie, and what better characters to do that with than Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch?

It’s unclear who else will be in Doctor Strange 2, but Chiwetel Ejiofor‘s Baron Mordo was set up as a villain at the end of the first movie, while Tilda Swinton‘s now-dead Ancient One reprised her role for a key multiverse-involved scene in Avengers: Endgame. There’s also Rachel McAdams as Christine, a human character that grounded Doctor Strange in the real world. Right now, however, all we know cast-wise is Cumberbatch and Olsen.
    The Title alone brings me to the Yard to twerk. I can't wait to see what level of craziness we might get with this Sequel.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2021)

Pretty dope we get Scarlett Witch in this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I suppose this could be the first scary MCU film, provided you don't consider the "scary bad" Thor: The Dark World for that title.

Anyhow, I enjoyed Doctor Strange a lot and I'm up for another one. It'll be interesting to see how they work Scarlet Witch into the story but I'm sure she'll be a welcome addition.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Wasnt huge on Dr. Strange so the genre switch-up should be cool. That's a stupid name though. Multiverse of Madness .

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Wasnt huge on Dr. Strange so the genre switch-up should be cool. That's a stupid name though. Multiverse of Madness .
    My thoughts exactly.

Thread Information