Thread: Daniel Makabe

WAKE UP

Status

Daniel Makabe

In so many ways, he is this generations Mike Quackenbush - A very talented grappler who works primarily for a basement goofball promotion, where he is the ace and works showcase matches against top tier talent they fly in against him.

He is comfortably one of the best mat wrestlers going in the world, really gets how to make that style feel methodical while doing it at pace, which is a pretty difficult thing to do, and very innovative and creative. He never fears to hit hard and bring the stiffness - the violence level in the recent Thatcher match was really nasty. Has shown to be effective both as a babyface and douchebag heel.

The Thatcher series are all really good, the Gresham and Yehi matches were very good, and whilest I'm didn't think the Navarro match was anything great, it was fine for what it was.

I am not going to deep dive 3-2-1 Battle! of all fucking places, but the showcase matches alone give him a case for a placement.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Daniel Makabe

If it were just 2018-19 he would be a contender. But there's a large gap there that is hard to ignore. He's really great though.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Zero's right, he's top 50 atm but there's so much of these years that I have no idea on because he's had a recent explosion of popularity and I really don't know how much of his older work is readily available for us to judge on.

wXw are using him for their Canada tour, would be cool if more places took a look at him for bookings because I'm sure he'd impress in other promotions.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Makabe Vs Tony Deppan from the first round of the Scenic City Invitational is another great match of Dan's this year.

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Haven't seen him much except for a few gifs yet, what's his deal with wearing football jerseys in matches?
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Makabe Vs Tony Deppan from the first round of the Scenic City Invitational is another great match of Dan's this year.
    post it in the media section please?

Thread Information