Thread: WWE NXT Discussion - July 17, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion - July 17, 2019

WWE NXT Preview
    July 17, 2019

NXT Champion Adam Cole gets to work

Now that he’s done flaunting his NXT Title and pouring salt in the wounds of Johnny Gargano on the transatlantic Bay Bay Championship Celebration Tour, Adam Cole is ready to get back to business with his first title defense on NXT TV.

The Undisputed ERA leader’s opponent is not yet known, but whoever receives the golden opportunity had better bring his A-game. Say what you want about The Panama City Playboy — his tactics are often underhanded, and his ego can’t be stroked enough — but given his willingness to put the title on the line mere days after defending it against Akira Tozawa at EVOLVE’s 10-year anniversary event, you can’t call him anything less than a fighting champion.

The elephant in the room, of course, will be Gargano. If Gargano’s involvement in Cole vs. Tozawa was any indication, it’s safe to assume that Johnny Wrestling will be keeping a close eye on the festivities inside Full Sail Live.

Apollo Landing: Crews next to take on Kushida challenge

Across all WWE brands, Kushida is the talk of the locker room. The Japanese icon, who remains undefeated in NXT competition, is in high demand, with Superstars coming from all directions to test themselves against the upstanding world-beater.

Although Kushida has vanquished every opponent so far, that could all change this week when he battles SmackDown LIVE’s Apollo Crews. The boulder-shouldered Superstar from Stone Mountain, Ga., is a show-stealer of the highest order, not to mention a beloved NXT alumnus. In his black-and-gold brand homecoming, 50 years and one day removed from the launch of the Apollo 11 spaceflight, can this Apollo enter the NXT stratosphere by dealing Kushida his very first L?

First Round Finale: Bronson Reed takes on Dennis Lumis

The last match of the NXT Breakout Tournament First Round goes down this week, with South Australian bruiser Bronson Reed facing enigmatic powerhouse Dexter Lumis.

So far, the Breakout Tournament has featured no shortage of technical wizardry or high-flying risk-taking, but the complexion will likely be much different this time around, considering the immense statures and fistic styling of the two Superstars waiting to make their NXT debuts.

See who punches a ticket to a semifinal showdown with Cameron Grimes when Reed and Lumis throw down Wednesday at 8/7 C.

Original Bro squares off with Arturo Ruas

The fighting machine known as Matt Riddle has had a sensational summer, claiming singles wins over the likes of Roderick Strong, a pre-NXT Champion Adam Cole and, more recently, Drew Gulak. The self-described “stallion” looks to keep that momentum going this week when he faces Brazilian Superstar Arturo Ruas.

The Original Bro has redoubled his efforts to perfect every aspect of his game — from throws and takedowns to strikes and submissions — but if there’s ever an NXT Superstar who can hold a candle to Riddle’s combat-sports bona fides, it’s Ruas. The highly decorated grappler has spent years mastering a variety of fighting disciplines, and he’s coming off a big win against Anthony Henry at EVOLVE’s 10th Anniversary Special. Now that Ruas has tasted his first victory on WWE Network, will he be able to solve the riddle of The Original Bro?

What's next for the Sultans of Swag?

You don’t need a smoke detector to know that Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly have NXT Tag Team Champions The Street Profits in their crosshairs. The Undisputed ERA members made their presence felt last week after Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford’s hard-hitting title defense against Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan, emerging onto the entrance stage to make their championship ambitions crystal clear.

Between being the defending champions in NXT and the newest tag team on Raw, The Curse of Greatness and King Tez certainly have their plates full, but they’ve never been known to back down from a challenge. How will The Sultans of Swag respond to the latest salvo from Fish & O’Reilly?

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE NXT Discussion - July 17, 2019

Cole and Gargano are headed for three stages of hell in Toronto. Hoorayyyyy??? We'll have to wait and see. I don't love this trilogy but I do love the stip.

But I'm actually quite excited that Killian Dain is back and he'll be fending with Matt Riddle. And he wore a Tool shirt. Very little doubt they'll have an amazing match in Toronto if that's what they're leading up to.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I've only seen about four minutes but Dexter Lumis has a killer moustache so he's automatically my favorite and I love him (footnote 1). They're clearly going for a Serial Killer or at least vague creep inspired motif, with Stranger Things synth and name mashup of Dexter Morgan & Billy Loomis and announcers being all hushed and 'something ain't right', but what really made it work was that I don't think Lumis blinked once during his entrance a la Hannibal Lecter. That's dedication, especially for a slow walk entrance. At the very least Shade's going to love him.

Wish I had more free time to sit down and give entire NXT (and 205 Live for that matter) more of my undivided attention.

* footnote 1 - I will rescind this remark in the event that Lumis ditches the moustache. I'm a very petty man and will make no effort to change this, thank you.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

He has had practise being a creeper/psycho with his Samuel Shaw gimmick, so good to hear he has it down pat. He even has his sponsor with him in NXT too!

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I enjoyed NXT this week as well and it started off with a highly competitive MMA Styled Match with Riddle and Ruas. Riddle took the Soul of Ruas who was really game for this Match, and then Riddle got merked for the first time since arriving in NXT which makes Dain look even better. Now I don't think we needed that Ramp spot, but it was pretty crazy to watch. Riddle is going to be wanting to respond very quickly and I can't wait to see what he does.

Mia attacking one of Shayna's Goons during the day, why didn't anyone else think about such a thug like tactic, oh because Mia has done that before in real life I bet.

Dexter Lumas vs. Bronson Reed. If Sam Shaw was the Weedle/Kakuna form or this Character, Dexter Lumas is the Beedrill. It was amazing to watch his Character work in there, he did this in Impact and I was upset when Impact didn't keep him, but now he has a major opportunity now to turn some heads. Probably the weakest of the Breakout Matches so far, but still solid stuff all around between the two. I need Lumas weekly WWE give me what I want!

KUSHIDA vs. Apollo Crews. This was really damn good, KUSHIDA continues to look great and it was really awesome to see Crews getting a chance to deliver like we know he can.

Keith Lee's Promo during NXT I really liked it. He wants opportunity and he ain't waiting in line let's see how it goes with Priest I'm hoping he knocks him down a peg or two personally.

For a moment I so though Twan Tucker was going to face Cole, and thus Cole beating him to shreds, and then Gargano showing up. Still entertaining stuff to end NXT, next week Io Shirai merking Kacy giving us a debut of the new Io, and Lee vs Priest!

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Thread Information