Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: WWE Summerslam 2019 Discussion

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE Summerslam 2019 Discussion

i really dug the submission match and ricochet vs. Styles ill edge out Submission match by a little bit.

Lesnar vs. Rollins was the best lesnar match in years credit due where credit is due. Rollins saving me from seeing Brock i be happy now he can go away.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Fucking LOVED this year's SummerSlam, only real downsides I can think of was Charlotte-Trish, just because I wasn't really all that hyped about it in the first place and I felt it dragged, and Kofi-Orton ending in a double count-out, like that's two years in a row the WWE Title went to a no contest at SS, could yous really not think of any other way to have this feud continue?

Other than that, probably my favourite SS in the past few years, nothing I found EXCEPTIONALLY bad, and Brock dropped the belt and hopefully will go away for a while so he can be special again

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    Fucking LOVED this year's SummerSlam, only real downsides I can think of was Charlotte-Trish, just because I wasn't really all that hyped about it in the first place and I felt it dragged, and Kofi-Orton ending in a double count-out, like that's two years in a row the WWE Title went to a no contest at SS, could yous really not think of any other way to have this feud continue?

Other than that, probably my favourite SS in the past few years, nothing I found EXCEPTIONALLY bad, and Brock dropped the belt and hopefully will go away for a while so he can be special again
    Was what just happened not special enough for you?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Didn't care for most of the matches. Brock/Seth, Oney/Gulak, Orton/Kofi and the two squashes were all fun, the rest wasn't.

Status

Still can’t believe the burn it down shit got over. Same for the BOOM for the Undisputed Era.

I ain’t mad about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    Still can’t believe the burn it down shit got over. Same for the BOOM for the Undisputed Era.

I ain’t mad about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aj won to with one of the coolest style clashes

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Was what just happened not special enough for you?
    Nah, I mean even though Brock has great matches, and has done since Survivor Series 2018, It feels more like a chore whenever he appears because I've became desensitised to seeing him. There was a while from WM 2017-Survivor Series 2018 where his matches were pretty one note and boring, not counting SummerSlam & Survivor Series 2017. His matches recently have been great and I love seeing them, but personally, I'm just sick of seeing him Now I think would be a perfect time to go away for a long time, like Royal Rumble at the earliest, and keep him away from the world title scene

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

Cardcaptor

Status

Hmm..My thoughts:

Becky vs Natalya. Pretty good. Some good fun spots. Solid 3 star match. Fun, but far from great.

Goldberg vs Ziggler was perfect for what it was. No idea why they had him come out a million times after to keep beating up Dolph, or what the hell they are doing with him.

Aj Vs Ricochet was really fun. Could have been better, but I liked it.

Bayley Vs Ember had some fun spots. Ember always seems to be pretty botchy in her main roster matches.

Owens vs Shane was......Okay. Please go away, Shane.

Charlotte Vs Trish was better than I expected, and I was quite happy with how well Trish looked. Not bad at all for a send off.

Kofi vs Randy...Not a bad match, but the ending..eh. Now we are stuck with a longer feud with the two, that I have zero interest in.

Bray vs Finn. Meh. At least Finn can go take his break now, and hopefully either come back with a push or go to AEW.

Seth vs Brock was fun. But Seth as a face champion is god awful, and who knows how many more matches these two are going to have. If it means someone other than Brock and *Insert Shield Member* have the main event time, then okay. But fuck, we all just know Seth is going to cut the corniest promo tomorrow on Raw. Was very surprised the audience reacted how they did for him and the match.

Overall...Okay. Not bad. Some fun ones. Some okay ones. No amazing ones.

Felt short for some reason, which isn't bad. Nothing really seemed to be resolved storyline wise, and nothing new developed.
    Everything will surely be alright.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan
    Good match. Could’ve been better with a crowd that cared. Aw.

WWE Women's Tag Team Title Match: The Iconics (Billie Kay & Peyton Royce) vs Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
    I don't like none crazy Nikki Cross, it's so awkward. At least change your gear. The match was okay.

WWE RAW Women's Title Submission Match: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya
    Besides the awful application of the sharpshooter by Becky, this was okay. The mat exchanges at the beginning was nice, at least. The duel limb work was fine for what it was supposed to do too.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Goldberg
    DEAD!

WWE United States Title Match: AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet
    Yet another disappointing match between these two. The match had some bright sparks, like Ricochet stepping on the OC to hit the hurricanrana on AJ on the outside. That was pretty sweet. And the finish was awesome. But between that, there was little to enjoy. Ricochet’s selling was nice in theory (and impressive in execution) but he keeps on doing unnecessary moves that clearly hurt the leg, so it’s his fault that his leg gives out. Just made him look stupid after the first time.

WWE SmackDown Women's Title Match: Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon
    You could feel the energy being sucked out of the crowd. The match was basic to the nth degree. We had a Bayley beat down, an Ember comeback and finish. So boring.

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon
    This was the usual Shane McMahon bore-fest filled with interference and ref bumps and the usual antics that marred what could’ve been a fun match. KO looked stupid turning his back on Shane multiple times despite it costing him before. Just glad it was short.

Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus
    This was it, their time to show me that they are the “GOAT” like people are saying about them and they didn’t deliver one bit. I thought Trish out in a ton of effort but her output was so mediocre. She is very athletic but most of her offence lacks any fire and looks flimsy as hell. That odd rope assistant lucha roll that she pulled off earlier in the match is a perfect example of that. Charlotte did absolutely nothing to make me care about the match. Her beat down of Trish was so paint by numbers, very boring to sit through. And hearing her unenthusiastically trash talking doesn’t help things one bit. The crowd came alive for Trish’s comeback but that’s really all the praise I can give it.

WWE Title Match: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton
    A real tone death match with the slow, meandering pacing of the match that the crowd wasn’t into at all. And it harmed the match because it meant that they were dead for the great counters and sequences that they pulled off. Like the Orton Backbreaker counter to Kofi’s trouble in Paradise. The finish was bad and came out of nowhere. Sour end to a good match.

Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor
    Awesome entrance. Effective squash.

WWE Universal Title Match: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins
    Decent main event. They lead into some of the worst tropes of Brock matches with unneeded kick outs of finishers mere minutes into the match and the worst trope of Seth’s matches, him hitting tons of offence that require his injured body part. In this case, his ribs. Honestly, who has injured ribs and decides to hit a frog splash through a table? Disappointing from him because I think he was a good underdog for most of the match and had some fun comebacks. It’s just his bad selling lets him down.

The show overall was fine but really lacking in quality. I really felt empty watching the show too. Main event was fun but there wasn't anything I could get emotionally invested in. So that's that.

Heel Champion

Status

Got to watching this and have literally just finished the event as a whole. In truth I wasn't that hyped for the event but I really felt it delivered. Obviously started with the kick off and man I was sad that the cruiserweight title underwhelmed. Like I love Gulak, for me he's been a true constant since 205 Live began and Oney is always awesome. This match just felt like it was lacking something. Hopefully a rematch can happen down the line so they can truly blow us away. Crew/Murphy was fun. Both guys but Buddy in particular are seriously underused atm. The attack by Rowan was cool and I'm hopeful that we'll see more of Buddy being used in stories. The women's tag was disappointing but honestly at this stage, I'm just glad that they are being defended. The Kabuki Warriors tag match should be lit though. Full disclosure, I'm not nor have I ever really been a fan of Natalya. I don't know what it is, but I have just never been sold on her. The build to this was solid however and the match was a good opener. I liked this more than I expected. My thoughts on Natalya are very similar to that of Dolph Ziggler. However I've enjoyed him on the mic lately and the match with Goldberg was exactly what it needed to be. Loved his post match delusions/obliviousness.

OK so it's odd as AJ Styles for me is a GOAT hands down. I'd put him as one of my all time faves wheras Ricochet is always fantastic and highly entertaining. Which makes it a shame that they've underperformed with these matches. It just feels like they are on the cusp of greatness but have yet to get there. Moon vs Bayley was disappointing. Such a shame as given a better story it'd feel like they could deliver a lot more. So straight up Owens vs Shane was something I was highly concerned about, but they delivered. They kept it short and sweet and thank god the right person won this. Another concern I had was Trish vs Charlotte but man was I wrong! Trish fucking killed it in this match. That was a fantastic bout and I'm glad Trish got a much deserved moment after it with her crowd. Man was Orton and Kofi underwhelming. Unlike the matches that concerned me, I was really up for this based on the build. Yet the finish absolutely ruined it sadly. The debut of The Fiend was amazing! The result was never in question based Finn wanting time off. Loved this, the entrance blew me away and yeah I loved this! Main event was a lot better than I expected it to be. A lot better than their clash at Mania and I loved Seth getting a clean win over Brock.

WAKE UP

Status

i feel like this show was a real mixed bag and lots of people will like it and lots won't. there was some good stuff, though nothing great, and a couple stinkers. in some ways the squash matches may have been some of the highlights.

I enjoyed Nattie vs Becky and thought it was both's best match in ages, but the stupid explanation of the no rope breaks rule and the flat finish put a ceiling on it. Enjoyed Nattie not being that over, good on Toronto not being on her side just because she's from the same Country, albeit miles away from the city.

Styles vs Ricochet was good and I dug Ricochet's Nightwing get-up. Cool finish, would have liked them to get more time though.

Thought Ember vs Bayley was mostly bad with a dead crowd, which is a shame, and Trish vs Charlotte also sucked. I've seen a lot of people praising Stratus here but I thought she looked like just another hasbeen who needs to stay retired. Her not being able to put on the Figure 4/8 correctly and having Charlotte very obviously his the Statusfaction on herself was pretty lame. Charlotte's booking is maybe the most forced "future hall of famer" booking since HHH or Shawn Michaels.

Kofi vs Orton was a good match with a lame finish. I swear they did this exact same finish with Styles vs Joe, the whole "heel attacks face in front of his family" trope is one of the most played out, tired WWE signatures and needs to go away.

Bray Wyatt still wrestled like Bray Wyatt but he was over, so there was that.

Main event was a lot of fun and easily the best Seth Rollins match in years, even if he basically no sold broken ribs doing it. They should have just had this match at Wrestlemania though.

Overall I came away pretty tired of the WWE tropes and formula, the crowd was pretty hot which was nice, because if they hadn't been this would have felt like a real slog.

GMT Baby

Status

Opening and closing matches were the best, in my opinion.

Loved Lesnar v Rollins; having the false finish stomps near the start of the match was a good way to make the fans think his chance was gone. Made the actual finish surprising and fresh, which is exactly what you want.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

For a guy whose only talent is workrate Seth's inability to sell anything is startling. The no selling of the injured ribs in that match was ridiculous.

Thread Information