Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WC Fantasy Football: All Pro Dynasty

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC Fantasy Football: All Pro Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Baloocha View Post
    My post wasn't supposed to sound like some critical jabbing at anyone. Of course Sully can run this how he wants... I was just saying and I needed an opening to wish y'all a great time
    Lol i wasnt bashing u loocha was just explaining.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baloocha View Post
    My post wasn't supposed to sound like some critical jabbing at anyone. Of course Sully can run this how he wants... I was just saying and I needed an opening to wish y'all a great time
    Don't worry Looch, it didn't come off that way.

It definitely has a lot of layers and that's why I wanted to get everything down on paper via bylaws, and it's definitely a lot more strategy that comes into play compared to normal leagues...but once you get used to it it's not too difficult, especially because everything happens at different times.

Just an example of the strategy, the league I based this one (which has a $100 buy in) I drafted Mike Evans in the rookie draft and signed him to a 5 year contract. His contract just expired for me this off season, but so did Odell Beckham, Derrick Henry, and Tevin Coleman. So I extended Henry 2 years to make him $15 with 2 years left. I franchise tagged OBJ which brought him from about $25 to $41, and then I was going to label Mike Evans and Coleman restricted free agents. However, another owner approached me for a trade...Julio Jones ($35) for Mike Evans ($15). Jones still has a year left on his contract. I can't retain Evans at this point unless I match on him, and he will go for $40-45 in RFA. So instead I trade him for Jones. I get Jones for $35, and the new owner gets Evans at $15 where he can now extend his contact without letting him go to RFA. So the new owner gets Evans at like $25-30 instead of having to spend $45 on him at RFA, and I get Jones who's still signed and don't have to worry about matching or letting Evans go.

There's just an extra layer of strategy and fun involved with contracts and salaries where you get to try and fit things in to see how they work.

If you want to try it you're more than welcome.

Hail To The King

Status

I been doing auction drafts on espn to get ready

Tho i built pretty strong teams

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I been doing auction drafts on espn to get ready

Tho i built pretty strong teams
    The auction style we'll be using on ESPN is new to me. The only auctions I've done have been real life meet ups, where we go round table for our bids. It's much slower, and prevents another person from getting a lower bid in the wrong order. It allows the people lowest in standings to get the lowest bid, as it forces us to go in order. With ESPN, if you're fast enough, you could bid $30 on a player, another person can bid $31, and you can get right back in there at $32 even if everyone else is still in (if I'm correct with how the ESPN version works).

The only place this REALLY matters for is Restricted Free Agent bidding, where $19 and $20 could be the difference of a draft pick that is being given up. However, we'll be doing RFAs in this thread or in a chatzy so this won't be an issue for us. After this year, the only thing the ESPN auction will be used for is remaining free agents. And at this point most of our teams will be filled with players still under contracts and recently drafted rookies.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    The auction style we'll be using on ESPN is new to me. The only auctions I've done have been real life meet ups, where we go round table for our bids. It's much slower, and prevents another person from getting a lower bid in the wrong order. It allows the people lowest in standings to get the lowest bid, as it forces us to go in order. With ESPN, if you're fast enough, you could bid $30 on a player, another person can bid $31, and you can get right back in there at $32 even if everyone else is still in (if I'm correct with how the ESPN version works).

The only place this REALLY matters for is Restricted Free Agent bidding, where $19 and $20 could be the difference of a draft pick that is being given up. However, we'll be doing RFAs in this thread or in a chatzy so this won't be an issue for us. After this year, the only thing the ESPN auction will be used for is remaining free agents. And at this point most of our teams will be filled with players still under contracts and recently drafted rookies.

Sully we really should do PPR though mann that's my only gripe

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

I am officially recruiting outside of the forum. If you have any friends who may be interested, feel free to ask them as well.

We have 3 openings remaining. If we do not have 10 teams by draft day, I will delay the draft/auction. This is very much not ideal however since this was the date/time that we seemed to agree on.

Status

Unfortunately guys this league hasn't garnered the interest or traction I was hoping it would. I reached out to several external fantasy recruiting outlets, but that doesn't seem to have given us any extra time.

I'll give it a couple extra days but I am losing optimism for this league going live.

The six teams that did have interest, I appreciate your willingness to take part and preemptively apologize if we are unable to do this league.

Hail To The King

Status

You are all good if you get one going I be down

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Thread Information