Thread: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - July 9, 2019

Status
      Country                    United States

SD Live WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - July 9, 2019

Smackdown LIVE Preview
    July 9, 2019

Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler's shortly tenured partnership implodes

Against their wishes, Kevin Owens and Dolph Ziggler were paired together as a tag team last Tuesday night by Shane McMahon … and, well, it didn’t turn out great.

Though they were given a chance to earn their way into the SmackDown Tag Team Title Match at Extreme Rules by defeating Heavy Machinery, KO and The Showoff could not get on the same page. By match’s end, Owens and Ziggler were trading fists with one another as opposed to Otis & Tucker. SmackDown LIVE went off the air with KO dropping The Showoff with a Stunner, and in the aftermath of that, the two will collide in one-on-one competition tonight.

Which Superstar will continue to ascend the ranks on the blue brand? Find out on SmackDown LIVE.

Finn Balor and Shinsuke Nakamura battle it out on the blue brand

Shinsuke Nakamura eyed-up Intercontinental Champion Finn Bálor and, seemingly, his title two weeks ago on SmackDown LIVE. Nakamura will now get up-close-and-personal with Bálor when the two face-off tonight.

Can The King of Strong Style topple The Extraordinary Man and cause a major ripple effect on the Intercontinental Championship picture?

Aleister Black's opponent for WWE Extreme Rules revealed

For weeks, Aleister Black has been begging for someone on SmackDown LIVE to knock on his door and pick a fight with him. Finally, someone answered the call two weeks ago, and tonight, the WWE Universe will discover just who it was.

Who will step to The Dutch Destroyer at WWE Extreme Rules? Tune-in to SmackDown LIVE to find out!

Smackdown Tag Team Championship summit scheduled for Smackdown

SmackDown Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan& Rowan’s mission to have the Tag Team division take centerstage on Team Blue will enter its next phase tonight, when the first-ever SmackDown Tag Team Championship Summit takes place.

Bryan & Rowan, The New Day and Heavy Machinery, the three teams that will square off for the titles at WWE Extreme Rules, will all be present. Will tensions rise just five nights before the major Triple Threat title match? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: WWE Smackdown Live Discussion - July 9, 2019

Smackdown kicking off with a bang, that was awesome stuff from Kevin Owens. That was one way to get him over as a babyface and it worked perfectly, the crowd was hot for him during his rant and after he was told to leave.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Dug that start with KO, looks like he's finally going to be that babyface they were planning going into WrestleMania.

Nakamura looked super aggressive as well. If he can perform like that against Balor we could be in for a treat.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I wish WWE concentrated as much on fixing the issues with the product as they do with making storylines out of them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

It’s hard to get excited by the long term direction of that Owens promo being Shane McMahon getting a singles match at Summerslam and having ANOTHER storyline about a heel authority figure. It’s their go to gameplan to get a babyface over and I’m beyond sick of it.

black Vs Cesaro is a banger.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Pumped for Cesaro vs. Black, Nakamura vs. Balor and Kofi vs. Joe

Spoiler:

#WC4Horsemen

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I wish WWE concentrated as much on fixing the issues with the product as they do with making storylines out of them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Some of this is reaching "TNA 10 years ago" levels of "how can they not see the fundamental fixes" frustration. Like, ratings are down, better up the "McMahon quotient" by another 10% this week!
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

People's Champion

Status

Wouldnt it just be easier to watch other wrestling and leave the main roster alone?

Just watch nxt, 205 live and all the other options available.
    Vayne, Fuji, Grim, Booty,Shock, Rainskaker, Nat, Hoho and Lghikas are the best!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It’s hard to get excited by the long term direction of that Owens promo being Shane McMahon getting a singles match at Summerslam and having ANOTHER storyline about a heel authority figure. It’s their go to gameplan to get a babyface over and I’m beyond sick of it.

black Vs Cesaro is a banger.
    Not only that, we're not that far off from their 2017/2018 feud which went on for months. Do we really need to see it again?

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Wouldnt it just be easier to watch other wrestling and leave the main roster alone?

Just watch nxt, 205 live and all the other options available.
    Tbh i’m assuming there’s quite a few people that aren’t watching it but are commentating based on reading the results (I haven’t seen a minute of it so far).

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Tbh i’m assuming there’s quite a few people that aren’t watching it but are commentating based on reading the results (I haven’t seen a minute of it so far).
    Thats a good point and i hope you are right. WWE only understands numbers.
    Vayne, Fuji, Grim, Booty,Shock, Rainskaker, Nat, Hoho and Lghikas are the best!!!!!!!!!!

Status

It's pretty sad. KO cut a great promo (again) describing exactly why a lot of fans are frustrated with the product yet it only serves to keep Shane on screen in a high profile feud. Hopefully they're planning on ending his in ring run at SummerSlam. At this point he's just putting such a huge damper on every show and he's been dragging Reigns and McIntyre right down with him.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

Ah, I forgot Summerslam is from Toronto this year, Owens should be crazy over at that.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    It's pretty sad. KO cut a great promo (again) describing exactly why a lot of fans are frustrated with the product yet it only serves to keep Shane on screen in a high profile feud. Hopefully they're planning on ending his in ring run at SummerSlam. At this point he's just putting such a huge damper on every show and he's been dragging Reigns and McIntyre right down with him.
    Thats the issue. Highlighting the problem on TV will only make it more prominent. However, if it means that we can finally move past it at the expense of a few more weeks then I suppose we should just try and enjoy it as best we can.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I strongly doubt the WWE sees is that way. Or maybe they do and its all an intentional troll job on us "internet nerds".

Shane having 47 minutes of air-time on Raw is probably some of Vince's patented "good shit" and it has to be problems with other stuff that is keeping viewers away, not headlining a 49-year old non-wrestler.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

In a vacuum, Owens did really well in his segments, it's just an angle I'm going to struggle to care about.

Tag titles stuff came off well too, especially the promos.

It's honestly amazing how dorky they've made Black, I'm really into seeing those two go at it, but enough with the evil voice acting from Black please.

Is the handicap match at Extreme Rules hinting that a Sasha return isn't too far away.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah Owens words came off strong trying to become the voice of the people, but I didn't forget The Miz did the same thing about a Month ago and it really did go anywhere. Now it might go somewhere with Owens we'll see how that develops.

The Tag Team stuff I really enjoyed and Otis looked good in his win over Bryan and Woods. We will see if they keep the momentum rolling at Extreme Rules. I agree with Ed please top Black with the Super Villain voice please, it's not you. Still Black vs Cesaro honey bring out the China, but why...because Cesaro is coming to Dinner. Talk about a hard hitting battle to come can't wait to see it.

I was also happy to see a more aggressive Nakamura vs Balor and thus pretty much guaranteeing himself a IC Title shot down the line. We know the history between the two, wonder if WWE will let these two loose and give us some entertaining stuff. Oh buddy that Contract signing, Bayley trying to convince Nikki that Bliss is using her which she is, but come on Bayley I need more layers from you.

In the words of Barry Windham pay your dues Iiconics, because Bandtime is coming. The sooner the better I feel Kabuki Warriors need to be Champions enough of the stick that has worn off with those ladies.

Joe/Kingston. It's hard to stop any Man or Woman who are hungry and motivated from winning a Title. We will see if Kofi can do just that, but I easily see Joe upsetting Kingston and ending the dream ride for him on Sunday.

Ali's promos might been really entertaining to listen to. "Remember, evil only wins when you don’t fight". I know those words more than most here and I don't want anyone to go through those evils, not even my worse enemy.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I enjoyed Smackdown this week. I really liked the Owen's stuff and it came across really well.

I could just be very optimistic but I'm thinking that once the Owen's/Shane feud is done, most likely with a match at SummerSlam. Shane's time at the forefront will end.

That said, he's nailed the pure heel aspect. Most of these wrestlers that want to be the cool, like me, kind of heels should pay attention to him and Corbin.

Thread Information