Thread: Meiko Satomura

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Meiko Satomura

Match for match, she's arguably the best womens wrestler around and one of the few Joshi wrestlers that have made a big impact internationally. MVP of the Mae Young Classic 2.0, good matches in the Femme Fatales wXw tournament, a MOTYC in 2016 with Aja Kong, her great interactions with the likes of Io and Kairi at the start of the timeline that I know for me was a bit of a gateway into getting into Stardom when they were more relevant, the Kay Lee Rae match in Pro Wrestling Eve, random matches in Sendai Girls like the Sareee match earlier this year or the Hashimoto match last year.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Re: Meiko Satomura

She's awesome, but probably on the downside of her career in 2019 & been surpassed by other younger talent. More accurately somewhat similar to Akiyama where talent-wise she's as good or better than anyone in their respective companies, but for the good of business she took a step back willingly.

Still though, she's an absolute lock for my list. Her run has been so strong & consistent, I can't imagine not having her in the top 10.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Gotta respect someone that has no ego and selflessly performs to help the younger generation get over.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched Meiko's World Of Stardom title defences against the Threedom (Mayu Iwatani, Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo/Sane). All of them are excellent and roughly around the same quality, it's hard to say which one is the best match. Meiko is really good in all of them, and portrays the big bad boss role perfectly. She brought a certain weight to her matches with her presence alone.

For anyone looking for more Meiko Satomura in 2019, I suggest the Sendai Girls vs All Out tag matches (21/03/19 & 24/06/19), the Sareee match (16/04/19) and her match against Konosuke Takeshita if you like inter-gender matches (24/06/19).

I think Meiko Satomura will be my highest ranking female based on her big matches alone but I'm figuring out where that'll be.

Thread Information