Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heyman And Bischoff : Executive Directors

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Heyman And Bischoff : Executive Directors

The thing that gives me hope is that EB doesn’t need the money. It’s hard for me to think he’d take this job without any actual power. But I’m always the optimist here. But I’m sure I’ll get told a hundred times how wrong I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I've said it before in here, but I'll say it again.

I just don't think Heyman or Eric are stupid or desperate enough to attach their names to something that is sinking right now and would involve themselves in the uneeded stress and pressures of working with Vince again if they didn't have the authority to do it their way. Okay, it might not be ALL their way, but surely they would have got assurances. And if not and it turns out to be nothing more then a PR stunt then more fool them ultimately.

I get people being cynical about it all. The track record is there, but people can be positive as well. If you're still intending to watch the project and try to find some enjoyment in the product which is terrible right now- then this is the perfect news for a little bit of hope at a desperate time for the WWE.

Won't be over night changes though so patience will be needed but I'm sure it won't stop some people looking for the first stupid thing on the upcoming shows to point how Vince is still in charge and nothing has changed Ultimately though, that would be the WWE's fault for false promises previously.

As for the "external" appointments. I think that's a good sign personally. Fresh eyes on the project, two people who are strong enough to say what they believe is wrong. Do you really believe anyone internally would do that outside of Triple H? Everyone else is too close to Vince and probably part of the problem.
    Last edited by Deco90; 06-29-2019 at 01:16 PM.

"LET ME IN.."

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post

I just don't think Heyman or Eric are stupid or desperate enough to attach their names to something that is sinking right now and would involve themselves in the uneeded stress and pressures of working with Vince again if they didn't have the authority to do it their way. Okay, it might not be ALL their way, but surely they would have got assurances. And if not and it turns out to be nothing more then a PR stunt then more fool them ultimately
    Admittedly, I do agree with this. Heyman's been through this dance with Vince enough times to know what to expect. And EB has stated his thoughts about the current product enough times so I don't believe he'd have signed up without some sort of power.

I dunno though, I can see both getting sick of the internal bullshit pretty quick if it's anything like Moxley described.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Appreciate the replies, guys. Was curious on another perspective.

My perspective on Bischoff is a bit different. Whether or not he NEEDS the money, he strikes me as the type that is still money-driven. "Pin me, pay me", basically, but on the front office instead of in the ring. The podcasts and stuff he's done over the last few years, he's not doing that out of love of wrestling. Its money.

Heyman is a bit different, but realistically, neither will see their reputations in the wrestling business suffer greatly if they are basically just coming in to be fall guys. I mean, Bischoff doesn't have much of a reputation left to murder anyway.

The timing of this is no coincidence. There is a quarter investor call coming up. The last one wasn't good since it wasn't a profitable quarter and McMahon and company made a series of excuses - injuries to stars being a major one. But those excuses didn't bear out to a change in fortunes and this probably another quarter of loss, which means more excuses isn't going to placate the investors. So they to show they need to have a plan.

Its worth noting that Vince has brought in "wrestling minds" to take over creative a couple of times in WWE history and despite promising they would have full control, refused to cede them real power to make changes.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Small blurb but figured it would be worth noting...

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...t-raw.html?p=1

The creative process at Raw last night was no different from any other week, with Vince McMahon being the lead person in charge. He and Paul Heyman were both at the gorilla position together for much of the show. While the show had a lot of Paul Heyman fingerprints on it, the end call on everything was still Vince McMahon.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post

Won't be over night changes though so patience will be needed but I'm sure it won't stop some people looking for the first stupid thing on the upcoming shows to point how Vince is still in charge and nothing has changed Ultimately though, that would be the WWE's fault for false promises previously.

Raw was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

"LET ME IN.."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information