View Poll Results: Who has been the better wrestler?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Sabre Jr

2 18.18%
  • Kota Ibushi

9 81.82%

Thread: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2019 3rd Round - Zack Sabre Jr Vs Kota Ibushi

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2019 3rd Round - Zack Sabre Jr Vs Kota Ibushi

~~~ZACK SABRE JR~~~

~~~KOTA IBUSHI~~~

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2019 3rd Round - Zack Sabre Jr Vs Kota Ibushi

I don't buy into Zero's opinion that Zack hasn't been good in New Japan, but he's definitely not been as good as Kota has this last 12 months and has less great work on the Euro indies as well this year. Kota with an easy vote here.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'm all about ZSJ tbh. I think he's a fantastic heel and I've really come round to him as a heavyweight. But Ed's right. Ibushi is the man and I doubt I'll ever be down on him.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Kota Ibushi is one of the few lights for me in NJPW right now.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Ibushi has been better in-ring in the last 12 months. Not that ZSJ hasn't been good in NJPW, just that it's clear he's significantly better elsewhere and isn't a good fit for most of NJPW's style. That said, ZSJ's promos are among the best in the world right now when they're in front of an audience that understands him. Ibushi though has had a great year in the ring against a variety of opponents. It's not as strong as if it had the first half though admittedly and the longer time goes on the G1 is most all he had, but in this case it was clearly far superior to ZSJ's against all the same opponents. It's hard for me to vote ZSJ when you have that direct comparison although I think there is a case the more I have looked at it.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Thread Information