STUDIO: Universal Pictures
    DIRECTOR: David Gordon Green
    MPAA RATING: N/A
    SCREENWRITERS: David Gordon Green, Danny McBride
    STARRING: Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak
    GENRE: Horror

Plot Summary: The follow-up to the 2018 hit "Halloween."

Re: Halloween 2 (2020)

I can already tell that the title people will reference this as will annoy me.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I really wanna know what this Halloween 2 is going to look like. I trust the people still holding it down are going to give us some great stuff again and I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Monetarily speaking, I totally get why they’re making this. However, last years movie has lessened to me with each successive viewing. I’m not sure I want to see another one like that, though I know I’ll watch it anyways.

The best thing about this is that when it comes out and it’s just Michael trying to kill Allyson and the rest of the gals it’ll finally put that idiotic “Allyson is going to be the new killer” theory to rest.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Monetarily speaking, I totally get why they’re making this. However, last years movie has lessened to me with each successive viewing. I’m not sure I want to see another one like that, though I know I’ll watch it anyways.

The best thing about this is that when it comes out and it’s just Michael trying to kill Allyson and the rest of the gals it’ll finally put that idiotic “Allyson is going to be the new killer” theory to rest.
    Personally, I find myself keep going back to this movie. I've already watched it five times, two of which have been since getting the blu-ray. Especially with its rad soundtrack, it's an easy movie to put on in the background.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Personally, I find myself keep going back to this movie. I've already watched it five times, two of which have been since getting the blu-ray. Especially with its rad soundtrack, it's an easy movie to put on in the background.
    I can agree with the last part. I’ve watched it 5 times as well, and the last 2 were purely background. I guess that gives it a specific level of re-watch value that other movies don’t have. The soundtrack is pretty great too.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Yeah I was with you with the Theory and I hope we get some of that and I'll write to Santa and ask for it. I don't mind Allyson losing her mind at all from the previous film events, but where does that leave Michael? Michael dying should of happened and they could flipped everything for sure.

Also I know the original Halloween 2 is not Canon at all right now, but any kind of tribute to it I'll be fine with. Even if Michael stabs someone and their Shoes fall off I'll take it

Also can I get another kid like the kid in the first film who was babysat on please? That kid smart was among us a bunch of fools he'll survive everything.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah I was with you with the Theory and I hope we get some of that and I'll write to Santa and ask for it. I don't mind Allyson losing her mind at all from the previous film events, but where does that leave Michael? Michael dying should of happened and they could flipped everything for sure.
    With me? What are you talking about? I think that theory is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Like, I feel some of my brain cells died just thinking about it.

It would be monumentally stupid to make her the killer.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

On Vacation

Status

With me? What are you talking about? I think that theory is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Like, I feel some of my brain cells died just thinking about it.

It would be monumentally stupid to make her the killer.
    Then you don't fear some samey effect that could happen in this one? I'm sure they have something up their Sleeve though.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Then you don't fear some samey effect that could happen in this one? I'm sure they have something up their Sleeve though.
    I'm not quite sure what this means.

They don't really need to do anything tricky. Michael just escapes the basement and continues on his quest to kill the ladies. Sometimes the simplest idea is the most effective.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

On Vacation

Status

I'm not quite sure what this means.

They don't really need to do anything tricky. Michael just escapes the basement and continues on his quest to kill the ladies. Sometimes the simplest idea is the most effective.
    Samey effect means the same beats that we've seen in previous films. I mean yeah he's Crispy Michael with a Side of Biscuits, but I wonder okay what else can do to Michael at this point and try to stop him. I mean Laurie had a freaking Panic Room and Home ready for Michael and it wasn't enough where her head going to be at when she knows he's alive still?!
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-21-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Well if that's what it means then, yes, that's what we'll get. Why deviate from a formula that's proven successful? They tried that once and it didn't work out all that well for them, regardless of how awesome that film was.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Halloween Kills (2020)

Anthony Michael Hall is Tommy Doyle in Halloween Kills

Variety is reporting that Anthony Michael Hall (The Breakfast Club, War Machine, The Dark Knight) has joined Jamie Lee Curtis in the horror sequel Halloween Kills from Blumhouse and Universal.

Hall will play Tommy Doyle, who first appeared as a child in the original Halloween movie as one of the kids Laurie Strode (Curtis) was babysitting. The adult version of the character was previously played by Paul Rudd in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, the sixth movie of the original Halloween storyline. The new Halloween universe avoids those sequels, however, as the 2018 Halloween movie picks up the narrative after the 1978 film.

It was previously announced that Halloween filmmaker and composer John Carpenter will be composing the score for both Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends.

Both sequels were just announced last month, and details about either film are scarce at this point. All that’s really known, besides Carpenter providing the music, is that Halloween Kills will be released on Friday, October 16, 2020. David Gordon Green will return to direct and co-write the script with Danny McBride (The Righteous Gemstones) and Scott Teems. The following year, Halloween Ends will be released on Friday, October 15, 2021, which Green will also direct

Hall will play Tommy Doyle, who first appeared as a child in the original Halloween movie as one of the kids Laurie Strode (Curtis) was babysitting. The adult version of the character was previously played by Paul Rudd in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, the sixth movie of the original Halloween storyline. The new Halloween universe avoids those sequels, however, as the 2018 Halloween movie picks up the narrative after the 1978 film.

It was previously announced that Halloween filmmaker and composer John Carpenter will be composing the score for both Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends.

Both sequels were just announced last month, and details about either film are scarce at this point. All that’s really known, besides Carpenter providing the music, is that Halloween Kills will be released on Friday, October 16, 2020. David Gordon Green will return to direct and co-write the script with Danny McBride (The Righteous Gemstones) and Scott Teems. The following year, Halloween Ends will be released on Friday, October 15, 2021, which Green will also direct and co-write, this time with Danny McBride, Paul Brad Logan, and Chris Bernier.

Both films will be based on characters created by John Carpenter and Debra Hill and will be directed by David Gordon Green and produced by Malek Akkad, Jason Blum, and Bill Block. Carpenter, McBride, Green executive produce alongside Jamie Lee Curtis, Jeanette Volturno and Couper Samuelson.

Released last October to critical acclaim and huge box office success, 2018’s Halloween brought in over $250 million at the worldwide box office, making it the highest-grossing slasher film of all time.
    I dig Anthony Michael Hall, also John Carpenter who created Halloween will compose music for the next two sequels

On Vacation

Status

Hall is going to be a good death in this film. That is my prediction and it would be full circle to see Tommy protect Laurie like she did when he was a little kid in the first Halloween.

Considering Halloween 2018 was all about the women and we already saw Tommy return in Halloween 6, I would have preferred to see Lindsay return instead. I get it though, Tommy played a bigger role in the original Halloween with him being the only other one, besides Laurie, to actually notice Michael. Hopefully there's some depth to Tommy, that's not only different from Laurie's, but also Tommy's from 1995.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I heard a rumour that Jamie Lee Curtis is trying to get Kyle Richards back for this movie but there’s absolutely nothing substantial behind it. I’d love to see that.

Anthony Michael Hall is an acceptable choice for a recast Tommy Doyle. He’s a solid actor and I’ve always been a fan.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

A double post, but we have some new information so why the hell not?

Kyle Richards will indeed be returning to reprise her role as Lindsey Wallace and Robert Longstreet will be playing Lonnie Elam. It’ll be interesting to see how they handle his character given it was implied he’s related to Allyson’s (ex?) boyfriend.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

I worry it's becoming a little too cutesy in all of the returning characters similarly to what always happens with modern reboot/sequels.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I worry it's becoming a little too cutesy in all of the returning characters similarly to what always happens with modern reboot/sequels.
    I’m a little concerned about the potential for this to turn into fan service as well, but I’d like to think I can trust that the creators make sure it doesn’t fall into that trap.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

You guys are overthinking this. Don't get in your heads about it. The last movie was successful, there's not reason for the people behind this one to make too many changes and ruin this one. Also, there's literally NOTHING wrong with fan service; Avengers: Endgame was 3 hours of fan service and it is beloved by fans and critics alike because it did fan service while also treating what came before it with respect.

Them bringing in characters and actors from the original series to add extra flavour is great, it's how those characters are utilised in the story that will determine how we as fans feel about it. For now though, we should just be happy that they're playing with the toys available to them because if it wasn't for returning characters and actors, all the news we'd have is that the new film is coming and there'd be nothing to talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information