Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    We just need to take a moment and take notice of NJPW doing a G1 Climax Show in America. No matter what we think about Wrestlers in it and boy I have a few words one of them, it's still a great moment for NJPW taking their Company on the Road more to the fans all around the World. This will be my fourth year chatting up with you guys for the G1 Climax let's make it the best ever discussing wise shall we.

I thought all the Tag Team Underrcard was doing so perfectly especially the one with Ishii/Umino vs Cobb/Narita. A heated preview leading to Ishii vs Cobb while also showing the top Lions I like this more than the rest of the Tags. Ishii and Cobb are going to beat each other to death because neither guy are in the business of giving up that's for damn sure. Oh and just as a side note Liger said he's going to be Wrestling in places he's never wrestled before on his Retirement Tour, well Delaware is a place I bet you haven't wrestled unless you stopped by a Pit Stop or two going to Philadelphia just saying.

Lance Archer vs. Will Ospreay. I never thought I would be this entertained by a Match involving these two guys. This was an excellent way to kick off the G1 with Archer delivering again as they recaptured the magic of their previous match, but also improved on it while Archer came off looking more motivated than ever and like a player in his best singles match ever. This was also a really well done big man vs. little man match. Ospreay was fantastic here as always. Ospreay is poised for a great G1 to back up his insanely great BOSJ run.

Bad Luck Fale vs. EVIL. Why is this scrub Fale still think these things? I'm not like he's not trying because he is and I see it, it's just that when he's in the G1 for some fucking reason, NJPW doesn't know how to book the result of his Matches. Which is why he was DQ'd like 8 times last year Rocky Romero pointed out. I get it you want him to look like a Monster, but fuck me give EVIL a bone here and give Fale's spot to someone else or might shake things up please.

SANADA vs. Zack Sabre Jr. Boy oh boy did it warm my heart to see SANADA keeping step for step with Sabre JR, and him losing control of himself. A great War or counter Wrestling between the two going back to past encounters and SANADA is looking to start off hot and he did it against one of the toughest Technicians in the Game and survived.

KENTA vs. Kota Ibushi. This is the KENTA we all wanted to see in the WWE, but he was never able to let that come out during his stay there, but it seems to be coming back to him now at the perfect time. He might not be at 100% just yet, but he had one strong performance vs one of the top contenders in Ibushi to win this whole G1. Ibushi looked great as always, and while I would of loved to see Kota win here, KENTA winning makes more sense making him a real threat in the Block.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi. First time ever both of these guys facing off on a Night 1 G1 Climax Show and this Match didn't disappoint to me. I had my concerns about Tanahashi coming in, due to how rough he had looked heading into it, but also knew that working with Okada he could still be great and would bust his ass with a whole week to rest before getting back to action. The thing is that even a banged up Hiroshi Tanahashi is still Hiroshi fucking Tanahashi , and while it wasn’t up to their previous lofty standards, it was still a great match and main event to lose out this show. Tanahashi was doing everything he could even busting out the moth-balled high fly flow as he gave the US audience all he had, but Okada winning made the most sense here. The ace is a national treasure.

Lastly the last few years I haven't given Kelly/Romero a chance on Commentary with the G1 Climax pretty much always listening to the NJPW squad, but I might change it up this year. Romero calling Gedo and Jado Fredo 1 and Fredo 2 was hilarious to me.
    Well, they like the book Fale as the giant of his blocks each year, so it makes sense to keep him strong in matches like this, especially against EVIL who isn't a big player in the grand scheme of things. Is that right? I don't think so but I get it.

---

The Next Card

Juice Robinson vs. Shingo Takagi
    Jon Moxley vs. Taichi
    Toru Yano vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jeff Cobb
    Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White
    The next set of matches look good. Moxley vs Taichi is interesting if nothing else whether you're a fan of Taichi (I am but I know his limits). Juice Robinson vs Shingo Takagi sounds great. A totally new and unique match-up between wrestlers with different styles. I can't wait to see it play out. I think Juice will get a big push in the tournament. Yano vs Naito will be fun for the antics. I don't remember the last Naito/Yano had a match so it should be good. Naito is at his best when he actually plays into his character. Not a big Cobb fan but his interactions between him and Ishii in Dallas was great so I expect the more of the same here. I enjoyed Goto vs White last time out, even if it wasn't the greatest match either's had but it's interesting that they chose to build this match up when they could've done a throw away rematch. Hopefully they follow through on the build and after this match too.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

Cobb vs ishii and Shingo vs juice i’m really excited for, And I have curiosity about what Moxley can do with Taichi. I just hope Goto and white have a smoother finisher exchange this time.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Since Goto will win, it will lead into a good finish instead of a shitty one like White's so it should go a bit better.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Since Goto will win, it will lead into a good finish instead of a shitty one like White's so it should go a bit better.
    If Goto can get past Fredo 1 and Fredo 2 he has the points in the Bag no doubt. Shingo vs Juice and Ishii vs Cobb are going to be the Matches I'm most invested in. Hoss Battles done right I always to see, and Shingo vs Juice could be the same stream of Moxley vs Juice in terms of style and how it could go in the Ring.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A good second day for the G1. Decent under-card although I was just waiting for the G1 matches. The Young Lion/Tana/KENTA match was awesome

Juice Robinson vs. Shingo Takagi
    Shingo’s Heavyweight debut was a goody. Him and Juice I thought meshed together really well. A nice back and forth tempo to the match which is where both guys shine. The force Shingo put behind his strikes was awesome and Juice sold them perfectly. Great finishing stretch.

Jon Moxley vs. Taichi
    Aside from the obvious rule breaking, this was a fun match. Something to break up the mould.

Toru Yano vs. Tetsuya Naito
    Great comedy match. Yano still rules and Naito was a bunch of fun.

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jeff Cobb
    A total disappointment, in my opinion. A generic Ishii match with some nice elbows and suplexes but lacked elsewhere. Cobb was really boring and didn't offer much outside of the suplexes. Ishii was decent and sold well enough.

Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White
    Big improvement on their previous match, but of course, it had more behind it which helps. White was great again - I loved his work on the neck of Goto and him building his whole arsenal on focusing. Goto’s selling was the best but he more than made up for it when he started to get back into it. Loved the aggression he put behind his offence. Him bring back the Shouten Kai was an awesome moment of the match. A much better closing finish. Great match.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

I enjoyed Juice/Shingo and Ishii/Cobb a lot and thought they were the only really good thing on the show, I thought Jay/Goto was alright but mainly for Goto's performance, and Taichi and Yano matches were what they were always going to be, can't judge Mox off that match although I did like he beat Taichi in about 7 minutes, no messing around once Taichi ran out of things to cheat with.

I get that Yano is a useful tool to give the top players in blocks a loss that doesn't make them look like they've suffered a real loss, but what a waste of a Naito pinfall that is. Yano can't possibly be the briefcase match which means if Naito's winning, Naito has to lose again, but if Naito's losing twice that means White and Moxley are going to have to lose twice as well and lose to Naito so you've made your big matches in the block very predictable now. A win over Naito should be a big deal, but this was anything but.

Day 1 > Day 2 for sure.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Juice vs. Shingo was excellent. Probably my favorite match of the first two nights so far.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I feel like the Jay White/Goto reversals were still clunky as fuck but I enjoyed the match for what it was. I do think White has considerably improved lately though.

Need to watch the rest.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Thought White/Goto was much better than April and the sloppiness wasn't as bad, but still White has a ways to go at that style of match. Goto looked great and the crowd fired up well in response.

I'm somewhere in between on Ishii/Cobb, it was really good, but I don't think ever hit great and it feels like we're gonna see at least 3-4 matches in this exact same vein done better throughout this tournament. Plus expectations were high after their tag in Dallas and I don't think it reached those levels but definitely a good match and worth watching.

Yano/Naito sucked and Ed essentially hit my thoughts exactly on someone else winning to make the Naito pinfall bigger.

Thought Taichi/Mox was better than expected and well planned out. Taichi beat on Mox through a sneak attack before the bell, but Mox controlled the majority of the actual match and got a quick decisive win. I credit Mox with most of what made it work but if this happened on a TV show I think people would have praised it, in a G1 though *** match won't be remembered long. Still, Mox passed phase 1 of his test with flying colors IMO.

I thought Shingo/Juice was again really good but missing something for me to call it great. I am looking forward to Shingo/Goto even more now with motivated/pushed Goto making an appearance. And Ishii and him will blow the whole house away. Just don't think these two clicked to super high end level until the finishing stretch, still could buy this as MOTN. Personay enjoyed Archer/Ospreay more though.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I don't know maybe it's due to the Week off the talent had, but damn their was alot of intensity from Day 2 especially in the Undercard Tag Matches. I liked how in the Tag that involved EVIL/Ibushi he worked on the Ankle and Ibushi himself struggled to walk and lift and jump that's going to be a great Match between the two next up. EVIL is going to work the Ankle and forget about everything else, let's see if Ibushi can get his first Points of the Tournament. Even the Tag Match involved KENTA/Tanahashi and the Young Lions for both sides was great. Did The La Dojo Lions and NJPW Lions get into a fight before this Match because both teams were wanting to outshine the other and make a statement. I mean it took some time to get the Match started because everyone want to talk shit to the other.

Don't think as well my pleasure of seeing my Dad Suzuki locking in a Submission and Sabre JR smiling, and enjoying his work. Anyways let's get my thoughts on the G1 Climax Matches.

Shingo vs. Juice Robinson. Going into the Match this one of my matchups I was looking for, because I felt their styles just felt right, and it would be an entertaining Match and I was right. I'm actually kinda shocked Shingo took the L here, but with the way NJPW is pushing Juice and has been treating him he deserved that nice win vs Shingo. Shingo looked great and continues to show he can hang with everyone, in any Company, at anytime. The action escalated well throughout and the crowd was into it the entire time, and the closing stretch was excellent. The Two Piece Shingo gave Juice around the middle of this Match were it felt like Juice's Soul came outta body, is probably one of the best shots I've seen this year.

Jon Moxley vs. Taichi. I had a feeling Taichi would attack Moxley, but Taichi clearly found out it's going to take more than that to get points on his opponent. This Match feeling different was a good thing I feel, throwing the Rulebook out a solid Match here.

Tetsuya Naito vs. Toru Yano. Let this be the last Yano appearance in the G1 Climax. Please keep him out of the tourney, I rather see YOSHI-HASHI give it his all during his Matches or Suzuki pushing his opponents to the brink, rather than Yano and his bs. Save Yano for the Tag Matches enough of him in the G1 going forward is a smart thing I feel. Naito losing means he might not lose again maybe one more time I wonder if he can lose again and still win the B Block we'll see.

Jeff Cobb vs. Big Tom Ishii. It took some time to get going, but when it got there it was stiff and intense and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was brutal, simple, crowd engaging, the action constantly escalated throughout and the crowd was locked into the closing stretch as they delivered some really tremendous near falls. Big Tom starts his latest campaign to be G1 MVP, and while Cobb took the loss, but looked great in his G1 debut, and more than delivered here.

Hirooki Goto vs. Jay White. Goto finally gets the monkey off of his back and not only wins his opening match, but also finally beats Jay White. The match was very good, but not quite great.

Sanada vs Ospreay
    Archer vs Fale
    Ibushi vs EVIL
    KENTA vs Tanahashi
    Okada vs Sabre JR

Real Women of Genius

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

What a match EVIL/Ibushi was.
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Finally got through the shows after watching it throughout the day. A good set of matches. Nothing amazing but easy to watch.

Bad Luck Fale vs. Lance Archer
    Honestly, This was much better than I thought it was going to be although I wouldn’t say that I had high expectations for it. It had a nice pace, never felt slow or sluggish. Archer picking up Fale in the way he did was super impressive. I was into it from start to finish. Good job, you’ll see zero complaints from me.

SANADA vs. Will Ospreay
    An interesting match on paper. Both are very similar in the way they use their athleticism, so it was a god dynamic to see the two face off. I liked the match. Ospreay going for the paradise lock but having no idea have to do it was pretty hilarious and was a good way to lead to SANADA controlling the match. There was some nice counters throughout the match and the crowd seemed into it. They undoubtedly have better match under their belts though.

Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
    Well, this was a surprise. Of course Okada, for some reason, is the one who has the best chemistry with Zack out of anyone else in New Japan so it doesn’t surprise me that this delivered again. Nice urgency for the quick finish by ZSJ. I though Okada did a great job of desperately trying to stay alive and picking holes in ZSJ’s game to gain the advantage.

EVIL vs. Kota Ibushi
    Up and down match. It had it’s good moments and the not-so good moments. EVIL’s work on the leg was awesome, with Ibushi’s injury it made sense to go for it. The rest wasn’t very entertaining and a bit forgettable tbh. Really disappointed with this one. EVIL really is not having a good year for big matches.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. KENTA
    Loved KENTA is this. This was the total KENTA show with KENTA brutalising Tanahashi with some nasty strikes and being a real douche to him - the part where KENTA kicked Tanahashi in the back of the head when he was posing was awesome. Tanahashi was very selfless, he let KENTA totally run over him, sold really well all match and thus allowed KENTA to shine even more.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

No time to play with tonight so I'll give brief thoughts:

Sanada/Ospreay ruled and was Sanada's best match in over a year. So much better than those overrated matches with Okada. Will delivers again (his facials were more annoying than normal I will say)

ZSJ/Okada was really good, didn't have the highs of the Sakura Genesis match, but didn't have the lows either.

EVIL/Ibushi very good stuff. Stunned that Ibushi's lost this.

KENTA/Tanahashi was great and a fuck you to the 'has KENTA lost it' crowd. Meandered a little in the middle after a great start, but really got into it at the end. Tanahashi refusing the handshake, weird, KENTA must be sticking around after this, possible Dome show match?

Both Tanahashi and Ibushi losing to KENTA blows my mind, perhaps I had tunnel vision on KENTA beating Okada being a lock that I thought Tanahashi would have to win this one. Surely that's out the window now because if KENTA was to beat Okada, then I don't know how you reach the point of the final day being dramatic when he has tie breakers over every heavy hitter, he'd have to lose probably 3 other matches.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Shingo Takagi vs Toru Yano
    A nice comedy match to kick start the G1 matches for today.

Hirooki Goto vs Juice Robinson
    A very good match. It didn't have an explosive pace but it felt competitive enough. Some nice counters, like Juice getting out of the Ushigoroshi by landing on his feet. There was some pretty good striking too - Juice with his punches (and headbutts) and Goto with his kicks. Very good from both. It just lacked that extra little quality to turn it from very good to great.

Jon Moxley vs Jeff Cobb
    Very disjointed. They start off by doing mat wrestling then they had a brawl then finish. Just didn't connect together smoothly at all.

Jay White vs Tomohiro Ishii
    I'm not going to lie. This match started out rough. The Gedo stuff didn't offer much and took away from the prospect of Ishii killing Jay but once they got past that, this delivered on all the promise. Seeing Ishii beat the heck out of Jay was awesome, chopping him in the throat, destroying him with his suplexes. White was awesome too. His selling was very good, the counters and his matches extended run off offence were great. The closing stretch was fantastic. Better start and this is a bona-fide MOTYC.

Taichi vs Tetsuya Naito
    I can't say I was a fan of this whatsoever. Taichi excels best when he is serious and focused but this was not that. You wouldn't be able to tell that these two usually have good chemistry because they showed none. Underwhelming and kinda plodding. Naito losing again makes the rest of the block matches very predictable.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

Tanahashi, Ibushi, Jay White and Naito going 0-2 making both blocks totally predictable from now until finals night is VINTAGE Gedo.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

You know I didn't even realize as I was watching Night 4 of The G1 Climax, that I didn't watch Day 3 before. I'll save that for tomorrow night after work because work itself is physically killing my body, so even typing right now is a strain. Still I was highly impressed with Juice getting the win over Goto, someone years ago he would of taken the L from no doubt in my mind. Juice since losing the IWGP US Title has been on his Game, this Match was just okay, but he's always bringing it.

Moxley systematically taking control of Cobb and going after his Stomach was beautiful to watch. The Match itself was again okay, but the Wars with William Regal showed why Moxley got the win over Cobb. Ishii vs Moxley next my God, Ishii isn't going to take no shit from Moxley and his antics and from what I saw with White/Ishii it might be even better, because of what Moxley likes to do, and Ishii would grant to him.

Ishii vs White was the only Match so far I felt like this is a G1 Climax from this night, now forgive me I haven't finished the Show yet as I watch Naito and Taichi play footies with each other early. Both guys gave it hard to the other especially White who kept testing and pissing off Ishii and I don't know what in God's name would you do that. It's the wrong Pitbull go after and White found out the hard way. I thought when White laid in that DDT on Ishii and his leg was shaking I thought they were going to stop the Match it looked like it really hurt him, but Ishii once again keeps going like the Choo Choo Train that never stops.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

So glad that there is a break for a few days. I'm so fatigued on wrestling right now (the only thing I'm planning on watching right now is the rest of the Peter Pan show and that's going to be over a few days).

Matches of the G1 so far:

White v Goto - Day Two
    White vs Ishii - Day Four
    Okada vs Tana - Day One
    Ibushi vs KENTA - Day One
    KENTA vs Tana - Day Two

Hail To The King

Status

I seen a few of the G1 on YouTube and got to say its been alright so far. I keep forgeting that White is leader of The Bullet Club. White used to be decent but is it fair to say I really starting to dislike him. Moxley is looking alright in this would like to see more matches like the Juice one from him but, Hes doing ok. Goto has impressed me and Kenta looks better the I seen him in past 5 years.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information