Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

WAKE UP

Status

Re: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

KENTA scuffed 2 spots and recovered pretty swiftly on both, neither hindered the match. Otherwise I thought it was clearly his best outing of the matches I've seen due to sustaining the heat all the way through to the end.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I know thing with Ibushi beating Okada and winning The A Block, whoever wins the B Block tomorrow is going to need to bring just as much as Okada did and more on Monday to stop that Man. I knew Okada/Ibushi was going to go at a feeling out process pace and heat up towards the Middle and End of the Match. I nearly knocked off my Laptop multiple times pleading for Ibushi to get it done, and he did , but he had me worried throughout the Match that Okada was going to win the Match. I saw plenty of stuff that at WK could be expanded upon if Ibushi wins the Match making it even more taster Match for a fan like me who would love to see Ibushi hold the IWGP World Title. It doesn't discount the effort of Okada in this G1 and what he did vs last year and he should be commended many times over for his skills he displayed in this G1 Climax.

Ospreay got his Dream Match with Tana and damn it was great as well I felt. his is easily the biggest win of Ospreay’s NJPW career and the biggest overall. The match was absolutely excellent, with Tanahashi looking to out smart and out wrestle the younger and faster Ospreay, and while the ace was more than game, Ospreay was just too much for him and overcame following an amazing closing homestretch. The counter work was great, the gameplan by Tanahashi was extremely smart, but he just didn’t have enough to keep Ospreay down and now they play the “what’s next for Tanahashi” game following a disappointing, in terms of wins and losses, G1 run. There were a ton of high expectations here, but they absolutely delivered the goods.

Zack Sabre JR vs KENTA. This was great, a nice battle of striking vs. submission work, with a strong layout and Sabre finally overcoming in the end with the attacks on the previously injured shoulder paying off; great stuff from both men here.

So who's winning B Block tomorrow? Moxley went after the legs of Juice during that Tag Match showing he's not playing around and it's going to be festing on his legs. Juice might not want to wear Bandages to show he's hurt, but don't worry Jon will have you begging that you had something to stop the pain. I could easily see this fighting spirit bs win from him or him not wanting to die and it goes the Time Limit. Goto vs Shingo tomorrow right welp I want Shingo to win more so than Moxley. Wouldn't it mean even more for Shingo to win over Goto a guy who's been super successful in the G1 Climax and how he could take win and fueling it towards his Career after and going into next G1 Climax time?! Naito should defeat White tomorrow as well, as he's the King of Chaos and being able to get through it and expect plenty of Gedo and Owens around trying to help White, and who knows maybe even Rocky gets into the Action since he's not getting any Hazard pay.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Going for a wildcard winner for B Block in Goto. Gedo typically has a big draw for at least one of the matches in the G1 and we've yet to have one. White vs Naito could be that and because of that, I can see Goto getting the nod (with Juice beating Moxley for that US title show which is a given). Goto was given the nod for the 2016 G1 in similar fashion so it's not unimaginable.

The top 3 matches all delivered. I thought Ibushi vs Okada was amazing. One of the few legit MOTYCS in the G1 for me. One of those matches that breezed though the time it had. Ospreay vs Tanahashi was very good too. KENTA vs ZSJ was maybe one of the better KENTA peformances of the G1 w/ ZSJ doing a great job as well.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Yeah Goto winning doesn't make me happy at all. I haven't been impressed by him this G1 Climax nor these past few years so to give that man that opportunity makes me go meh, but it does make me think Ibushi might win the Final even more now and they want to protect Naito.

Real Women of Genius

On Vacation

Status

Climax 29 great stuff
    me like watch on axs and read
    tanahashi and Okada best ever
    Naito and evil also make big

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

this thread sometimes

I do think a draw is happening, MC. But I think it will be between Juice and Mox to set up the eventual rematch of Juice going over. I can see Juice winning too but fantasy booking me wants a draw. I think Shingo beats Goto and paves the way for Naito to win the block.

I'm not that high on the possibility of Goto winning either. I think he's mostly okay in the ring but his promos are still awful. The G in G1 patter is horrible. That's dork material.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    this thread sometimes

I do think a draw is happening, MC. But I think it will be between Juice and Mox to set up the eventual rematch of Juice going over. I can see Juice winning too but fantasy booking me wants a draw. I think Shingo beats Goto and paves the way for Naito to win the block.

I'm not that high on the possibility of Goto winning either. I think he's mostly okay in the ring but his promos are still awful. The G in G1 patter is horrible. That's dork material.
    That's very likely as well. And it sets up the third Juice where he beats Moxley perfectly.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

As someone who really bought into the G1 this year more than any other year, specifically cause of Mox, seeing him lose and be out now sucks. However, it did introduce me and familiarize me with more of their roster. I've really grown to be interested in White, Ishii, EVIL, and Archer. Before that, I typically only cared about Okada, Yano, Omega, Bucks, and very randomly, other matches. Now I can add those 4 to the list of Okada, Ibushi, and Naito that I'm interested in. Guess now I'm rooting for Ibushi to win the final.

However, I've failed to see the SANADA hype, cool mask but when he takes it off he looks bleh and he didn't really excite me or seem charismatic at all.

Relentless Admin

Status

I'm a day behind but EVIL/Archer, KENTA/ZSJ and Tanahashi/Ospreay were all very good matches, particularly that man KENTA against Zack which I thought was great and one of the best matches of the tournament. Really strong day for the tournament.

Okada/Ibushi was textbook nothing mattered until the last five minutes. Not a great match by any means.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Im all for Ibushi winning and getting the push he deserves.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Well the deal Jay White made with the Devil paid off as he's the B Block winner. I feel all the heat, and hate towards let's say put it out there half ass performances from White is going in a perfect direction. Even White attacking Ibushi towards the end of the Show perfect, and don't worry if Juice 75% can beat Moxley, then Ibushi will be fine and win the final I hope going through Mountains of Pain. I really dug Taichi vs Ishii from this Night and it was my favorite of the night if not Shingo/Goto. Ishii brings out the competitive spirit in Taichi and once again like in their previous encounter Taichi was nasty and Ishii all willing to bring the nasty with him.

It was pretty comical for me watching Moxley/Juice. I knew Juice was going to win for sure, it was a given, but their was plenty of times I watched and thought a guy with leg problems shouldn't be doing Senton dives from the Apron. A guy who knocked out and can't answer a Referee's speaking to him, shouldn't have his Arm being checked on giving him more time to get back into the fight. Still Juice stays within himself and gets revenge and future US Title shot down the road.

Hirooki Goto vs. Shingo. This was a great, hard-hitting battle with both men throwing bombs and doing everything they could to end their opponent with great fight spots and realistic struggles. Shingo’s ability to go from 0-100 is amazing as his explosivenesses is next level. He closes out with a big win and continues to look great and deliver while poor Hirooki Goto chokes in a big match once again. Gedo, belt up Shingo you coward.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

A great culmination of some great booking revolving around White. Giving him all the heat and all the momentum, which meant the crowd was all in on Ibushi, creating a tremendous atmosphere. This is how you book a heel in wrestling.

I don't think there has been a final in this mould since Goto vs Makabe. Not in terms of what happens, just the pure face vs the pure scummy, cheating heel dynamic. And it works perfectly. White more than proves his worth in this spot with his excellent performance. Not only his work on the leg but his selling for Ibushi. Him dropping like a sack of potatoes from Ibushi's slap was so fulfilling. Ibushi selling is the the usual flaw but he makes up for it by just being that pure source of energy that's hard to root against. Great match.

Will add the rest of my thoughs on the show's other matches and angles later

Edit:

KENTA turning heel is a massive shock. Love the way it played out too, turning mid match after not getting involved. Shibata then coming out and beating on KENTA like that, then Bullet Club beating down Shibata. And then KENTA doing the Shibata pose was just the tip of the iceberg. Great angle, I'm hoping it leads to KENTA vs Shibata but maybe not.

Suzuki Gun vs Okada/Tana was awesome. Great set up to Tana vs Sabre and MiSu vs Okada. Hopefully for Royal Quest (Please!). Well worth watching.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-12-2019 at 07:25 AM.

WAKE UP

Status

KENTA matches to now have a bunch of BC shit making them unwatchable? Pass

Does Okada lose to Ibushi at the Dome? Feels unlikely but would like to see it.

Reading about the Gedo interference in the finals and the length already makes it an auto-skip for me.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Shibata's attack was the best part of the whole show to me but it's hard to argue that the crowd bought into Ibushi. Dude is a superstar to the crowd. He really should beat Okada, but interesting that they blew through the match AND had Ibushi win in the G1. I figure Okada will win sadly.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

If theirs any other better Man in Wrestling who deserves that victory in the G1 Climax I like to hear it, because Kota Ibushi deserved that win for sure I thought. This was great as Ibushi becomes the first man to win the NJ Cup, BOSJ, and the G1. White gets to dominate a lot, and they get good heat out of this as people were buying White winning. Ibushi eventually makes his comeback, and has the crowd locked in and rallying for him. They smartly got rid of Bullet Club and Gedo for almost all of the match, but they of course ended up with some Gedo bullshit down the line. But it was ok, while I don’t think that White needs it as a crutch like he’s mid-2000’s Jeff Jarrett (because he’s a better worker than that), and you can not like it all you want because it’s not my favorite thing either, but they created an absolutely electric atmosphere as these people wanted the villain vanquished so badly and wanted nothing more than Ibushi to rise as a hero that that they were into it on an emotional level big time. The closing stretch was extremely well done and in the end, the right man won. Not an all-timer in terms of G1 finals, but in the top 10.

The talk of the this Finale is for sure KENTA turning Heel. Now it's not the shock of him doing it, because if it's a shock then you haven't been watching his G1 Climax or Tag Matches especially the Tag Matches, where he was getting boo and messing with the Crowd. Shoot I remember the Day before he was doing such a thing and it's good for him, considering he already felt like an outsider and this is KENTA embracing the role and adding more purpose for Bullet Club. When Shibata came down too after he saw what happened, I never marked out harder for one guy beating down another. I was a huge Shibata fan and heartbroken he had to leave the Ring so Shibata shooting first, and asking questions later made me so happy. Now does this mean for sure Shibata return, the Butter is already sizzling on the Pan for this Grilled Cheese Sandwich, it has to happen. I'm sure YOSHI-HASHI and Ishii will want a piece of him as well, but damn it this Segment was perfection with KENTA posing like Shibata on top of his Stomach giving no fucks about the relationship he created with him training for the G1 Climax.

With that G1 Climax over and done with, we had lull period Shows where you were wondering this doesn't feel like like a G1 Climax Match at all, but the guys turned it up towards the end and made it another enjoyable and fun ride for me.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status

Kenta turning to the BC is the shot BC needed to get through this dull time hope it means he becomes leader

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

Haven’t seen the final, but glad they didn’t put ‘does the little things well’ jay white over.

Shibata’s attack was cool af but alligning KENTA with BC is a death sentence.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Haven’t seen the final, but glad they didn’t put ‘does the little things well’ jay white over.

Shibata’s attack was cool af but alligning KENTA with BC is a death sentence.
    I wouldn't call it a Death Sentence saving grace is what I call it. Let's be honest here, he didn't really have a direction to go with after this G1 Climax considering how he started off hot, and lost steam and was never really able to recover even though I dug that Match he had with Sabre JR in my opinion. I just hope this heat with NJPW fans right now he has going for him turns it something great for him. I can see it turning bad for him for sure, just hoping that doesn't happen for him.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I wouldn't call it a Death Sentence saving grace is what I call it. Let's be honest here, he didn't really have a direction to go with after this G1 Climax considering how he started off hot, and lost steam and was never really able to recover even though I dug that Match he had with Sabre JR in my opinion. I just hope this heat with NJPW fans right now he has going for him turns it something great for him. I can see it turning bad for him for sure, just hoping that doesn't happen for him.
    Most intresting Bullet Club has been since Civil War

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

As someone who's been rejected by the NJPW fans just like their leader, wouldn't LIJ be a more interesting option for KENTA?
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information