Toru Yano
    Hirooki Goto
    Jay White
    Jeff Cobb
    Shingo Takagi
    Taichi
    Jon Moxley

---

Well, there goes my White vs Naito final predictions. Nevertheless, its happening. A Block is staked. Calling Naito vs Tanahashi for the finals with Naito winning.
    Last edited by MC 16; 06-16-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW G1 CLIMAX 29

Fresh looking blocks, I’m very happy there’s no Makabe, but that’s a shame we haven’t got Suzuki and Yoshi Hashi. Cut Fale already.

A Block smokes B block. My boy Ishii is gonna have his work cut out for him this year.

KENTA to beat Okada on night 1 is nailed on.

will is winning wrestler or the year given that block.
    Last edited by Ed; 06-16-2019 at 08:10 AM.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Is this the year I watch all of the G1?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Is this the year I watch all of the G1?
    Yes.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Block A looks ridiculously tasty. Defo gonna try keep up with it this year

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Block A looks great aside from a few Fale duds. Block B is a toss up but with Ishii, Shingo, Cobb, and a motivated Mox it could produce some great stuff.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

How hard is block A to call, wowzers.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Both blocks have some fucking banging match ups. The one guy I wish was't in this at all and would get out of the upper midcard/main event scene immediately is Bad Luck Fale. That guy cannot fucking wrestle to save his life. I'm sure if I followed NJPW more closely over the years I would understand his placement, but he just doesn't do it for me.

Ospreay and Shingo being in this seems pretty big. They'll both tear it up, I'm sure.

Ishii vs. Moxley could be incredible. That's a match I wanted the second I heard Mox was coming to NJPW.

I'm still hoping Ibushi gets to hold the IWGP Heavyweight Championship sooner than later. Someone like Okada, Naito or Tanahashi winning this would be expected. Hopefully they go another route and give it to someone fresher. Ibushi would be my first choice. I wouldn't complain one bit about Moxley, Robinson or SANADA though.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

I would have swapped KENTA and Cobb or KENTA and Taichi and created a heavy hitters block with Ishii, Goto, KENTA, & Shingo. I honestly think this is by far the most balanced the Blocks have been in years. Okada, SANADA, ZSJ, & Archer are far from sure things, and EVIL & Tanahashi's G1s were super boring until Tanahashi's last two matches last year. KENTA is not the KENTA of 5-10 years ago. Fale's absolutely awful. I'd argue there are more sure things in B Block with Goto, Ishii, Juice, & Shingo compared to Ospreay and Ibushi in A. The problem is that B also has Yano which is an automatic dud and Jay White who runs the risk of being bad. Moxley is someone I could see fitting in well with some and things going off the rails with some others, but he's super motivated right now and I expect him to come across well by the end.

Taichi is a more extreme version because things can REALLY go off the rails with him but I think he's gonna take this seriously and give his absolute best effort and overdelivering. Naito & Okada are wild cards because they have historically come up small in extended tournaments. Whoever delivers the most out of those two I could easily see having the better tournament.

Losing YOSHI-HASHI was absolutely criminal, his Ishii match was one of the best heavyweight njp matches of the year, even against Nakanishi was WAY above normal Nakanishi standards. Crazy. Suzuki I'm not gutted on, he would have 1 good match and 8 bad ones, but he was an unexpected absence.

The worst part is B Block is super obvious with Naito winning compared to A which has 2-4 reasonable finalists. The only thing I could see is Moxley making the final if Ibushi is winning and they want a Mox/Naito Dome match.
    Last edited by Zero; 06-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

With KENTA, I imagine the mentality behind it was that KENTA vs Tanahashi/Okada/Ibushi are the money matches, even if the other block was a better match stylistically. Assuming KENTA does some extra stuff after the G1, I think they could always go back to the matches with Ishii and Goto for the Dome show, especially Goto because of the Shibata connection.

Status

Block A ain't hard to call, gents. Not at all.

Bad Luck Fale, obviously.

2019. His bad luck ends.

Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I like both Blocks so many great Matchups. Moxley vs Ishii, Moxely vs Ishii, and a rematch with Juice too yeah that is going to be great to watch. A Block can fuck off with Fale and Archer in those spots to be honest sorefest talents to me, but they'll have a few okay Matches I feel. By hook or by crook please let Ibushi win this Year. Shang Tsung can take my Soul right now have Ibushi win and challenge Okada and win the IWGP World Title for the first time in his Career.

Status

I did a very minimal amount of research and was utterly unable to verify the first show on the tour... Anyone know off hand?
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I did a very minimal amount of research and was utterly unable to verify the first show on the tour... Anyone know off hand?
    You mean the opening night in Dallas?

No card announced yet I don't think.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Hail To The King

Status

B Block has a lot of good talent I imgine Moxley & Juice one will cost the other. TBH though Naito vs. Moxley

anyone think Cobb goes far in this ?

I have no clear cut winner yet I think im rooting for Mox obv but I wouldnt mind seeing

Naito, Cobb, Ibushi, Juice, Will, Kenta win but I mean to me Okada shouldnt win I look at it as G1 should be used to push a talent to main event status

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    The only thing I could see is Moxley making the final if Ibushi is winning and they want a Mox/Naito Dome match.
    But in that scenario you're then setting up Ibushi/Okada and Mox/Naito at the Dome, both of which you're running 6 months earlier in the G1 blocks. Doesn't seem like Gedo to burn both his dome show main events. Okada and Naito in different blocks yet again for me is the big sign that's one of the dome main events.

Has it been announced yet whether KENTA is signed to New Japan? because the more I look at that A block, you're running KENTA Vs Okada, Tanahashi, Ospreay and Ibushi in the space of a month, really you're only leaving the Naito match on the table as a big drawing match and that could potentially be the finals match. They aren't saving much up their sleeve for him.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Fair point about KENTA, MC. That's completely true, despite stylistically him being a better fit with the B Block. I kind of figure his run until the Dome is a test run for him & they've got it planned out.

Cobb isn't a contender. He's like Elgin last year, just there to have good matches. He's yet to impress in NJPW & his Taichi match in April was terrible, but if we can get just a bit of ROH Cobb we could get some good matches.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    But in that scenario you're then setting up Ibushi/Okada and Mox/Naito at the Dome, both of which you're running 6 months earlier in the G1 blocks. Doesn't seem like Gedo to burn both his dome show main events. Okada and Naito in different blocks yet again for me is the big sign that's one of the dome main events.

Has it been announced yet whether KENTA is signed to New Japan? because the more I look at that A block, you're running KENTA Vs Okada, Tanahashi, Ospreay and Ibushi in the space of a month, really you're only leaving the Naito match on the table as a big drawing match and that could potentially be the finals match. They aren't saving much up their sleeve for him.
    I mean, I think there's a 99% chance Naito wins, but if you put a gun to my head & ask who the second is it's Moxley in B Block & Ibushi overall.

On a personal level I hope someone else gets through because I'm so sick of Naito/Ibushi & don't want that to be the Final.

Relentless Admin

Status

Naito/Ibushi is up there with Tanahashi/Okada, Goto/Ishii and Yano in G1 as 'we should see other people' matches in New Japan.

Status

Real issue for me is if Naito is winning then what about the IC title? Are they going to make him a double champ? How do they get the IC belt off of him without making him look weak?

Okada/Tanahashi in Dallas is pretty big as is KENTA vs Ibushi.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information