Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NBA Offseason Discussion

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2019 NBA Offseason Discussion

i think Butler is a great player but I think hes not the eaisest guy to play with. Hes been on like 5 teams in 6 or 7 years.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    i think Butler is a great player but I think hes not the eaisest guy to play with. Hes been on like 5 teams in 6 or 7 years.
    Good job on completely disregarding everything TGO said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    Good job on completely disregarding everything TGO said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I read his post but what does thst have to do with my opionion of the guy?

Im just saying he bounces around from team to team the past couple years. I know about the Bulls stuff then there was the stuff with min plus add in the fact he had some little problems in philly. Personally I think Philly is a better option basketball wise to play for then miami but, TGO made great point bout climate tax breaks in miami young guys love it for the women the cash the lifestyle. I dont blame him for that aspect I think push comes to shove hes not the greatest teamate but thats just me.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

The Flow

Status

I read his post but what does thst have to do with my opionion of the guy?

Im just saying he bounces around from team to team the past couple years. I know about the Bulls stuff then there was the stuff with min plus add in the fact he had some little problems in philly. Personally I think Philly is a better option basketball wise to play for then miami but, TGO made great point bout climate tax breaks in miami young guys love it for the women the cash the lifestyle. I dont blame him for that aspect I think push comes to shove hes not the greatest teamate but thats just me.
    TGO also had another post that you have risregarded

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    TGO also had another post that you have risregarded
    I Read both of them . Am i suppose too quote every response in here?

Anyway to get back to basketball any news on how bad Zion is hurt?

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

Status

He's been on 3 teams in his career. And it's not like Philly was trying to get rid of him. They wanted him back. It was his choice to control his fate and choose the team he wanted to play with. I'm pretty sure the only team he had any actual problem with was Minny and I can somewhat understand where he was coming from with that talented young core not playing up to their potential. We'll see how his Miami tenure goes and then maybe we can make a fair assessment on his personality.

No One

Status

I was reading an article about which teams Westbrook could fit in and it sounded pretty good to me. Miami Heat pairing of Jimmy Butler & Russell Westbrook probably wont win a title but itll make for an exciting team and an easy playoff team. There was Knicks but not a fan of that one. The other was Detroit Pistons. Paired up with Blake & Drummond, it would make for a sort of aged up version of Lob City tho obviously Russ & CP3 are way different players. In either case, I think it makes for another competitive team in whats going to be a super fun league.

Also holy hell. Demarcus Cousins for 3.5M has to be the most underpaid player in the NBA. I know hes had a bad recent history and its easy to go the way of Dwight Howard & Andrew Bynum (Amar'e Stoudamire too?) where you somehow become a really shitty version of your peak self but Im hoping thats not the case for Cousins. He still averaged a near double-double last season. I think with a healthy season and hopefully good management of playing time, he could make Lakers pretty dangerous. Last I watched the Lakers tho, LeBron stopped playing defense, and Cousins ain't really about that life either. I think Lakers are gonna have a tough season, especially when you consider that its three top players have injury problems (well, Lebron only recently).

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I was reading an article about which teams Westbrook could fit in and it sounded pretty good to me. Miami Heat pairing of Jimmy Butler & Russell Westbrook probably wont win a title but itll make for an exciting team and an easy playoff team. There was Knicks but not a fan of that one. The other was Detroit Pistons. Paired up with Blake & Drummond, it would make for a sort of aged up version of Lob City tho obviously Russ & CP3 are way different players. In either case, I think it makes for another competitive team in whats going to be a super fun league.

Also holy hell. Demarcus Cousins for 3.5M has to be the most underpaid player in the NBA. I know hes had a bad recent history and its easy to go the way of Dwight Howard & Andrew Bynum (Amar'e Stoudamire too?) where you somehow become a really shitty version of your peak self but Im hoping thats not the case for Cousins. He still averaged a near double-double last season. I think with a healthy season and hopefully good management of playing time, he could make Lakers pretty dangerous. Last I watched the Lakers tho, LeBron stopped playing defense, and Cousins ain't really about that life either. I think Lakers are gonna have a tough season, especially when you consider that its three top players have injury problems (well, Lebron only recently).
    Cousins should be fine since he can shoot. Bynum couldn't stay in shape and the league changed away from one that highlighted Dwight's back-to-the-basket strengths on offense. Something of that sort -- like another Achilles injury -- would have to happen to make him a shell of himself.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Indy Talent

Status

I can't wait to see the disappointed look on the Lakers fans faces when this rehashed version of the 2017/18 New Orleans Pelicans + LeBron can't cut it. All bias aside though, I seriously think this team is going to struggle a lot. Cousins is just not what he used to be, Davis gets injured for like 25% of every season, and LeBron is ageing, I don't see LeBron not having load management and missing games as well. Danny Green was a good pick up for them but there's a reason they call him IcyHot.

I'm more excited to see how Utah's new additions fare. I think they added the much needed scoring punch and I can easily see them getting a top 4 seed in the west barring injuries.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'm a Lakers fan so I'm incredibly happy to see a team that will be competing for the NBA Title. However, I am excited for the rest of the league. It seems like this'll be the most competitive the league has been in recent years. Free agency is pretty much over with just a few more players needing to find homes. I doubt Westbrook gets traded before the season begins. Don't really know why the Thunder want to go and trade him though. He's still a pretty good player that can be built around. But time will tell.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Renji View Post
    I'm a Lakers fan so I'm incredibly happy to see a team that will be competing for the NBA Title. However, I am excited for the rest of the league. It seems like this'll be the most competitive the league has been in recent years. Free agency is pretty much over with just a few more players needing to find homes. I doubt Westbrook gets traded before the season begins. Don't really know why the Thunder want to go and trade him though. He's still a pretty good player that can be built around. But time will tell.
    You can't effectively build around a player who costs you 35%, 40%, and 45% of your cap room for each of the next three seasons, respectively.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Renji View Post
    There is literally no team in the NBA that wants to build around Russell Westbrook at this point. He's overpaid. 30 years old. Cannot shoot. Doesnt really defend. Has seen multiple stars opt for playing with other stars instead of remaining with him. I think Russell Westbrook's legacy will look a lot better once he's retired and we're only really looking at his stats and remembering the highlights. He can still make a team like Miami or Detroit more competitive, and if Toronto had managed to get him along with George & Siakam, that probably wouldve worked out since he might have slided to the SG position (Im assuming Lowry remains in this scenario). But otherwise, I cant see Westbrook ever playing on a real contender again.

Hail To The King

Status

See I love what the thunder are doing if you are going to trade stars get picks they got like 6 1st rd picks for next for years and this is before the point of trading westbrooke. I mean you got a 1st for grant like damn.

Plus i would think your getting kings ransom for Westbrooke.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I like Westbrook and the only negative I see from him, is that yes he can shoot and he's a tough competitor, but sometimes he can't understand it's about the team and get others involved too, not trying to put it all on you to win. So many times I would see him go nuts on the Court and he'll forget he's playing with four other guys on the Court. Westbrook's huge deal is going to be a problem to Trade away and the Thunder not eat up alot of that Contract, but he needs to go elsewhere and maybe he'll change his attitude.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I like Westbrook and the only negative I see from him, is that yes he can shoot and he's a tough competitor, but sometimes he can't understand it's about the team and get others involved too, not trying to put it all on you to win. So many times I would see him go nuts on the Court and he'll forget he's playing with four other guys on the Court. Westbrook's huge deal is going to be a problem to Trade away and the Thunder not eat up alot of that Contract, but he needs to go elsewhere and maybe he'll change his attitude.
    He cannot shoot.

Status

See I love what the thunder are doing if you are going to trade stars get picks they got like 6 1st rd picks for next for years and this is before the point of trading westbrooke. I mean you got a 1st for grant like damn.

Plus i would think your getting kings ransom for Westbrooke.
    I promise you they will not get a king's ransom for him. I doubt they get more than one lightly protected first-round pick, and that might be an overpay for whichever team gets him.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Thunder have to attach a pick to get off his contract in exchange for an expiring deal. Seriously. Russ is going to make $38 million this season, $41 million next season, $44 million in 2021-2022 and $47 million in 2022-2023.

FORTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

I don't think any team out there has any illusion of Westbrook carrying them to the promised land. The only situation that makes sense for him is one like the Heat where they have a super balanced team and another star in Jimmy Butler to pair him with, but even then we all know that's a huge huge huge gamble hoping for those two to gel.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I don't think any team out there has any illusion of Westbrook carrying them to the promised land. The only situation that makes sense for him is one like the Heat where they have a super balanced team and another star in Jimmy Butler to pair him with, but even then we all know that's a huge huge huge gamble hoping for those two to gel.
    Yeah it's been reported to be going that way EC, and the problem being said is finding a third team to be apart of the Trade. I can see what The Heat and Thunder will get in a deal, but what does this possible third team get in the deal hmm that should be interesting to find out if this goes through.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

I'm not sure how Miami gets it done from a salary-cap standpoint. They're over the cap by $26 million so the contracts have to add up.

Westbrook for Dragic is an obvious swap, but Dragic's contract is $19 million short of Russ' money. You can't say bye to James Johnson or Justise Winslow because you need them. Waiters is another $12 million off the books, but that's still $7 million short. ESPN's trade machine says that is successful, but I don't know how. lmao. So maybe that's the deal, plus a lightly protected first-round pick going from Miami to OKC. Only thing is Miami has shipped a lot of their picks in recent years, so I dunno if they want to do it again.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Curtain Jerker

Status

I honestly don't think a Westbrook/Butler pairing will work out. Both are huge personalities when it comes to actually playing ball. Off the court, sure maybe. Butler is the type of player who needs the ball to be effective. Look at how he was with the Sixers, he wasn't all that effective. After that, he called out Brett Brown and things just fell apart from there. Westbrook/Griffin is a better pair on the court. You can even stagger them as Griffin is still a pretty good passing big man. But yeah, the Thunder will probably need to attach a draft pick to Westbrook before trading him because of how bad his contract is. That's fine, they have a bajillion picks from the Clippers anyway

EDIT: 30 minutes later, Russell Westbrook is traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul and some picks! WHAT?!
    Last edited by Renji; 07-11-2019 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Information