Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deco & Skeng Present: WWE Bigger, Badder & Better

Shoulder To Shoulder

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Deco & Skeng Present: WWE Bigger, Badder & Better

Jumping into NXT here. I checked out Money in the Bank, and thought it was a really solid effort from the two of you, and I especially liked the gifs – something unique that makes you both stand out from the pack. I bet that was an arduous process. Presentation is top notch too. Great colour schemes, very inviting for a reader. Like Keefmoon touched on though, 12 was a lot of matches to get through, especially with so many BIG matches in that, and I’d look at trying to cut that number down for future PPV shows, aside from maybe WrestleMania.

Anyway, right away, it feels very authentic to NXT; kicking off with in ring action, rather than a 20 minute promo. Street Profits getting the win to advance to the finals of the tag tournament is the right move, as there’s much more you can do with them than the Forgotten Sons. That said, it looks like a good set up for a longer term feud between the teams, and that post-match assault should all but write off the Profits for that finals match next week, and give them an out for losing, as a result of the attack.

I like the added pieces of detail for an off/on follower like myself, that wouldn’t have been aware of Kacy’s appearance on the main roster, gets me caught up right away. Very pleasing that you’re using that main roster exposure as a way of kickstarting an issue back in NXT for Kacy too. Never been all that high from what I’ve seen of Aliyah, but she’s definitely best served with someone to bounce off like Borne. Expect this to be the start of something, with Kacy probably getting herself a tag partner down the line to deal with these two.

Man, I’m surprised this tag match isn’t the main event of the show!! With the Street Profits winning earlier, it only made sense that the Undisputed Era would win this one. Not that a face vs face match in the finals wouldn’t work, just that with the earlier attack on the Profits, it’d put Moustache Mountain in an awkward spot next week. Obviously, TUE will have no problems taking advantage of weakened opponents. Little bit surprised at the cheap win, as it suggests this could perhaps roll on for a rematch down the line. Ideally, you’d want your heel challengers winning some of their matches without cheating.

I’d probably echo another of Keefs comments about writing in the past tense. I just think personally, you can add more excitement to the matches by writing them if they’re happening in real time. But, I see you said you’re going to try and work on that in the future, and I’d definitely think about trying it out. At the very least, I’d try and reduce the amount of times you use the word ‘would’. It was really jarring for me at times throughout the show, seeing ‘would’ crop up at least once in almost every sentence in the matches.

Strong vs. Kushida!? Take my money. Again, very authentic NXT style storytelling here; keeping things simple, and not running a big convoluted angle to set the match up. Just person A isn’t happy with the hype person B is getting; so lets have a match. I love it. Kushida “arriving” next week should be a big deal too.

Again, nice job of catching up a new reader. Good introduction for Dijakovic for me, telling me about his character, and what he’s been up to. With the “bully” character, putting him up against a rugged, no nonsense guy like Burch is a great match up that have Dijakovic step up in terms of competition, without having to have a ~huge~ match. Outcome wasn’t in doubt; nor should it be. Dijakovic is a guy you’re obviously building up, and he should be winning matches like this.

Him continuing the assault after the match just because Burch was moving adds to that bully angle you’re going with, and the arrival of Martinez to put a stop to it was very well done. Glad you held back from having Martinez and Dijakovic fighting here – the shoulder brush was enough. Dijakovic comes across as a true bully, walking away once someone his own size stands up to him. You can definitely slow burn the hell out of this, and ramp up the anticipation for these two finally colliding down the road.

Seth Rollins showing up to TakeOver XXV is a GREAT idea. Given he was the first champion, and how far the brand has come, it’ll certainly add to the occasion.

Nice to see you getting Deonna on TV. She feels like someone that’s being criminally underutilized in real life, and while she was a sacrificial lamb in this segment, at least she was on screen. The Horsewomen stuff was okay, but having just had a similar segment with Martinez coming out to scare off Dijakovic, it felt a bit samey to have Yim and Io scare off Duke and Marina here. Makes sense for the Horsewomen to flee, with the odds against them, but just sort of … there.

Interview with the pair done it’s job too, and next weeks NXT is looking stacked with Shayna being back, Kushida arriving and the tag title tournament finals.

So, I’ve got to ask; has NXT moved to 2 hours already in this universe? Five matches seems like a lot for a weekly NXT. Especially if 3 of the 5 at least would’ve been lengthy matches. I think that’s something else that would help me as a reader in the thread; match times. I’m guessing the two tag matches were both about 10 minutes each and the Cruiserweight match about 15? I’d probably say the womens match and the Dijakovic match would’ve been a maximum 5 minutes? It’d be helpful for you to list the times just, so I have an idea in my head for future.

Having the Cruiserweights on NXT is a great idea btw. They’re in front of a hot crowd that’ll appreciate what they’re seeing, rather than a dead crowd that are just waiting to go home after Smackdown. I can also see now why the earlier tag match didn’t main event the show. A Cruiserweight title match should, of course, be the main event of the night. Solid win for Tony Nese, and I hope to see a good focus on the division going forward. There’s so much talent there.

Overall, I enjoyed this. Nothing was overcomplicated, and the show pretty much breezed by. Though I would still say if it’s supposed to be an hour long show, it’s a little too lengthy with five matches. A really authentic NXT you’ve got Deco, with simple but logical booking decisions every step of the way. It’s good to see that there’s plenty of fun creativity going on in this thread.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Jumping into NXT here. I checked out Money in the Bank, and thought it was a really solid effort from the two of you, and I especially liked the gifs – something unique that makes you both stand out from the pack. I bet that was an arduous process. Presentation is top notch too. Great colour schemes, very inviting for a reader. Like Keefmoon touched on though, 12 was a lot of matches to get through, especially with so many BIG matches in that, and I’d look at trying to cut that number down for future PPV shows, aside from maybe WrestleMania.

Anyway, right away, it feels very authentic to NXT; kicking off with in ring action, rather than a 20 minute promo. Street Profits getting the win to advance to the finals of the tag tournament is the right move, as there’s much more you can do with them than the Forgotten Sons. That said, it looks like a good set up for a longer term feud between the teams, and that post-match assault should all but write off the Profits for that finals match next week, and give them an out for losing, as a result of the attack.

I like the added pieces of detail for an off/on follower like myself, that wouldn’t have been aware of Kacy’s appearance on the main roster, gets me caught up right away. Very pleasing that you’re using that main roster exposure as a way of kickstarting an issue back in NXT for Kacy too. Never been all that high from what I’ve seen of Aliyah, but she’s definitely best served with someone to bounce off like Borne. Expect this to be the start of something, with Kacy probably getting herself a tag partner down the line to deal with these two.

Man, I’m surprised this tag match isn’t the main event of the show!! With the Street Profits winning earlier, it only made sense that the Undisputed Era would win this one. Not that a face vs face match in the finals wouldn’t work, just that with the earlier attack on the Profits, it’d put Moustache Mountain in an awkward spot next week. Obviously, TUE will have no problems taking advantage of weakened opponents. Little bit surprised at the cheap win, as it suggests this could perhaps roll on for a rematch down the line. Ideally, you’d want your heel challengers winning some of their matches without cheating.

I’d probably echo another of Keefs comments about writing in the past tense. I just think personally, you can add more excitement to the matches by writing them if they’re happening in real time. But, I see you said you’re going to try and work on that in the future, and I’d definitely think about trying it out. At the very least, I’d try and reduce the amount of times you use the word ‘would’. It was really jarring for me at times throughout the show, seeing ‘would’ crop up at least once in almost every sentence in the matches.

Strong vs. Kushida!? Take my money. Again, very authentic NXT style storytelling here; keeping things simple, and not running a big convoluted angle to set the match up. Just person A isn’t happy with the hype person B is getting; so lets have a match. I love it. Kushida “arriving” next week should be a big deal too.

Again, nice job of catching up a new reader. Good introduction for Dijakovic for me, telling me about his character, and what he’s been up to. With the “bully” character, putting him up against a rugged, no nonsense guy like Burch is a great match up that have Dijakovic step up in terms of competition, without having to have a ~huge~ match. Outcome wasn’t in doubt; nor should it be. Dijakovic is a guy you’re obviously building up, and he should be winning matches like this.

Him continuing the assault after the match just because Burch was moving adds to that bully angle you’re going with, and the arrival of Martinez to put a stop to it was very well done. Glad you held back from having Martinez and Dijakovic fighting here – the shoulder brush was enough. Dijakovic comes across as a true bully, walking away once someone his own size stands up to him. You can definitely slow burn the hell out of this, and ramp up the anticipation for these two finally colliding down the road.

Seth Rollins showing up to TakeOver XXV is a GREAT idea. Given he was the first champion, and how far the brand has come, it’ll certainly add to the occasion.

Nice to see you getting Deonna on TV. She feels like someone that’s being criminally underutilized in real life, and while she was a sacrificial lamb in this segment, at least she was on screen. The Horsewomen stuff was okay, but having just had a similar segment with Martinez coming out to scare off Dijakovic, it felt a bit samey to have Yim and Io scare off Duke and Marina here. Makes sense for the Horsewomen to flee, with the odds against them, but just sort of … there.

Interview with the pair done it’s job too, and next weeks NXT is looking stacked with Shayna being back, Kushida arriving and the tag title tournament finals.

So, I’ve got to ask; has NXT moved to 2 hours already in this universe? Five matches seems like a lot for a weekly NXT. Especially if 3 of the 5 at least would’ve been lengthy matches. I think that’s something else that would help me as a reader in the thread; match times. I’m guessing the two tag matches were both about 10 minutes each and the Cruiserweight match about 15? I’d probably say the womens match and the Dijakovic match would’ve been a maximum 5 minutes? It’d be helpful for you to list the times just, so I have an idea in my head for future.

Having the Cruiserweights on NXT is a great idea btw. They’re in front of a hot crowd that’ll appreciate what they’re seeing, rather than a dead crowd that are just waiting to go home after Smackdown. I can also see now why the earlier tag match didn’t main event the show. A Cruiserweight title match should, of course, be the main event of the night. Solid win for Tony Nese, and I hope to see a good focus on the division going forward. There’s so much talent there.

Overall, I enjoyed this. Nothing was overcomplicated, and the show pretty much breezed by. Though I would still say if it’s supposed to be an hour long show, it’s a little too lengthy with five matches. A really authentic NXT you’ve got Deco, with simple but logical booking decisions every step of the way. It’s good to see that there’s plenty of fun creativity going on in this thread.
    Massively appreciate the review and the feedback bro, means a lot coming from one of the best on here!

Glad so much of the show was a positive for you and that you enjoyed and could see the fun creativity =D Haha!

I'm definitely going to take on the feedback of the show length because I agree, and I knew that too if I'm being honest. With so much talent on the show and already a rotation week by week it was one of those things were I was just going to leave to the reader to hopefully ignore and see past but I've decided against that and I'm going to try and make it even more authentic and realistic with a cut down on matches especially if they are going to be lengthy.

The feedback from Keef about the past tense writing is another thing that is definitely going to happen! I had already written this episode and decided against the heavy editing it would have needed during the matches but my next show is already done and are matches more in the moment.

"LET ME IN.."

What's Gwarning!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post

Thank you for your comments man, glad you loved what we put out.

Yourself & Keef are 100% correct on MITB being too long though. 12 matches is too long for any PPV if it isn't the Big 4, which is why I've brought back the brand exclusive PPV's too even things out on both brands. Hopefully it works out well!

But I'm happy to see that you're tuning in, and it's great to see that your enjoying NXT as well!! Appreciate the review man.

What's Gwarning!

Status

May 13, 2019 - London, England - 02 Arena

The show immediately kicks off with a video package to highlight last week's events, before the cameras cut to the 02 Arena! The pyros are going off as Michael Cole, Renee Young & Corey Graves are on commentary - and they welcome us to Raw! Renee hypes up how we will see Goldberg appear via satellite to address his return last week, as well as Seth Rollins addressing the WWE Universe. But to kick things off, we have our first of two US Championship Quarter Finals matches to open the show.

Match 1. Cedric Alexander vs. Jordan Myles - US Championship Series Match

The opening match for tonight is very back and forth as Myles has a great showing in his debut - displaying lots of charisma with his happy-go-lucky character. Alexander is attempting to regain momentum after his loss to Samoa Joe at Money in the Bank. This match comes to an end when Myles nails Alexander with a Midnight Star (450 Splash) to gain the debut win!

Winner and advancing to the Semi Finals: Jordan Myles

Following the match, Myles gets back up to his feet as the London crowd cheers him on. Myles has clearly won the fans over in his debut match, and he notices Alexander getting up to his feet. Alexander looks upset due to the loss, and he gets up as Myles offers him his hand...

And Alexander responds by shaking Myles' hand to a big pop from the fans! Alexander then raises Myles' hand in the air as Cole states that the fans are clearly loving the sportsmanship shown between Alexander & Myles tonight.

The live feed then goes backstage as we see The Usos along with Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder - as they have just watched the opening match for tonight. Jimmy Uso says that he still sees Alexander being huge in the WWE despite the loss, as Ryder agrees. Jey Uso then says that Jordan Myles is bringing something new to the table, as Ryder says that Jey is right on that one. But Hawkins' face tells a different story, as Jimmy notices this.

"Yo Hawkins... are you okay man? Look, I know that face when I see it. You & Ryder didn't get those tag team titles back last week... but y'all can't lose any hope- you understand?! Just stay true to yourselves, and ya'll will get the job done!!" - Jimmy Uso

However, Hawkins then begins to sarcastically laugh. He then looks at Jimmy...

"That's easy for you to say. At least you're winning matches... unlike us." - Curt Hawkins

Hawkins then looks at Ryder after that comment, as Ryder tells Hawkins that it's going to be fine.

"We just need to work on our game plan. We need to approach things differently, but we'll get there." - Zack Ryder

However, Hawkins still isn't convinced. He says that he doesn't see it, as Jey cuts in.

"Hawkins, you need to listen to my brother - and your partner! Losses happen man, that's wrestling for you! It's just up to you how you overcome your losses!" - Jey Uso

The New York-born superstar then looks at Jey in the eye.

"Wait... what? What are you trying to say... that we don't know what wrestling is about? That I don't know how to overcome my losses?!" - Curt Hawkins

Hawkins then gets in Jey's face as Jimmy tells Hawkins to chill. Hawkins then faces up to Jimmy... and he asks says chill? Who the hell is he to tell HIM to chill?! Anger clearly gets the better of Hawkins, as Jey then looks at Ryder.

"Yo Ryder... you need to watch your boy otherwise it's gonna go down!!" - Jey Uso

Ryder then apologises to The Usos, before grabbing Hawkins and walking away from the twin brothers. The Usos look very furious about that confrontation as the tension dies down.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

BURN IT DOWN

London reacts with a huge pop for the music of the Universal Champion, as Seth Rollins comes out to the stage. Rollins makes his way to the ring with a mic, as Cole reminds us how Jeff Hardy returned to Raw last week - before going onto win the 5-Way #1 contenders match to earn the right to challenge Rollins at The Great American Bash.

Rollins enters the ring, as he speaks. He asks London what's happening?! The fans cheer as Rollins says that he ALWAYS loves to be here in London, because they have so much energy and enthusiasm. But let's talk about Money in the Bank. Because he went face to face with Rey Mysterio in an epic encounter. But people have been asking...

"Why did I not go through the Curb Stomp? Why did I finish that match with a Pheonix Splash? And the answer to that question is one word... respect. I have too much respect for Mysterio to stomp his head onto the ground, and I wanted to win that match in a way where I could let Mysterio know that he had earned my respect." - Seth Rollins

The fans continue to cheer as Rollins then says that he's upset that Mysterio didn't win the main event last week, somebody else did... but he's not complaining. He's talking about The Enigma himself... JEFF HARDY!! More cheers can be heard as Rollins nods in approval. He then says that Hardy has been in this business longer than most. He arrived from SmackDown Live to the red brand...

"But I've gotta say what's on my mind... because something just seems very fishy about his arrival to Raw. At MITB... we saw The Hardy Boyz lose the SmackDown Tag Team titles to Sanity. As a matter of fact... Matt Hardy got destroyed. But in my eyes- Jeff should still be on SD for his brother. He should help his brother because that result could easily break him... not that he isn't broken already - but you know what I mean. Instead- Jeff is on Raw competing for the Universal Championship? I know that people won't agree with me... but I just don't get it!" - Seth Rollins

Rollins has spoken his mind, but the fans respond with very mixed reactions. The Universal Champion shrugs his shoulders...

BOOYAKA

However, London erupts with another HUGE pop for Rey Mysterio!! Mysterio comes out with a mic, as he walks down the ramp and begins to speak. Mysterio will say that he heard what Seth had to say... and he appreciates his kind words. He's upset that he couldn't face Rollins at the next Raw PPV either... but let's not focus on that. He wants to talk about what Rollins just said because he needs to remind him of something. Mysterio then enters the ring, as he stands with Rollins- and the champion is clearly listening.

"Look... I have just heard what you've said about Jeff Hardy - who is one of the most pure-hearted superstars that I know. Jeff is someone who has been through a lot, Seth. And I've told you this before... but I'm going to tell you again as a MAN because I respect you. You need to be humble in your position as the champion. You have an ego... and rightfully so. You're at the top, so why wouldn't you? But all I'm saying is... that if you let your ego get the better of you... it will lead to your downfall- and it will happen when you don't expect it." - Rey Mysterio

The Beastslayer then nods in approval. He then says that you know what... you're right Rey. He was out of order, and he respects Rey too much to disagree with him. And no, they can't fight at The Great American Bash - but you deserve a rematch more than anybody.

"So if you can't get it at the next PPV... How about you get it TONIGHT in London?!" - Seth Rollins

The crowd begins to chant "YES!" loudly as Mysterio then responds.

"Look Rollins, as much as I would love to face you - I didn't earn a title shot so I'm in no position to get another rematch, when there are so many other guys who deserve one ahead of me. I'm going to have to..."- Rey Mysterio

But Rollins interrupts, and he says NO!!! Rey DID earn a rematch. He earned it at MITB when he proved that he still had it! And he knows that this is a match that London wants to see... but it's still up to you. The fans continue to chant "YES!" as Mysterio looks conflicted. Mysterio then looks up at Rollins... and says that he's on!!!

London erupts with another pop as Mysterio & Rollins then shake hands to signal their respect for each other. Cole then says that this is huge, we're getting a MITB rematch in the main event- as Seth Rollins defends his WWE title against Rey Mysterio TONIGHT!!!

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 2. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. The Lucha House Party (Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado)

A mini video clip of last week's Raw was shown when The Revival refused to give Owens & Zayn a tag team title shot at The Great American Bash. Kalisto wasn't in Metalik & Dorado's corner for this tag team match as he has a US Championship Series match to train for, but this bout was fast paced and energetic as London clearly love both teams.

This bout comes to an end when Zayn nails Metalik with a Helluva Kick, before Zayn grabs Metalik and throws him into Owens who is waiting in the middle... Pop-Up Powerbomb to Metalik!! Owens goes for the cover, as he and Zayn gain the victory
    !

Winners: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

We then go over to the commentary table, as Renee says that if there is anybody who deserves a tag team title shot- then it's definitely Owens & Zayn! Graves disagrees, as he says that The Revival were right to not give them a chance. Cole then moves on, and says that up next - we have a video package as we are weeks away from seeing Samoa Joe defend the US Championship against Ricochet at The Great American Bash. We go in-depth with The One and Only himself!

A video package then plays as we see Ricochet doing many flips as the fans look amazed in different arenas over many promotions. His theme song in One and Only is playing in the background.

"Man, The Great American Bash is going to be huge for me. I'm going up against Samoa Joe with the US Championship on the line. I have to say... that title is important to me because it's been held by legends like Harley Race, Eddie Guerrero and Ric Flair. Imagine my name being up there amongst those legends? It would be crazy." - Ricochet

We then see footage of Ricochet's time over on NXT, as he had held the North American Championship as well as competing in War Games against The Undisputed Era whilst teaming up with War Raiders & Pete Dunne. Ricochet is then shown speaking towards a camera.

"NXT was one of the best experiences I've had in wrestling. I got used to the environment in the WWE, and everybody was so welcoming. I've held gold over there, and I've also gone through wars - but I've came out on top with my head held high." - Ricochet

Footage is then shown of the Men's MITB Ladder match, as we saw Ricochet & Ali jump off Ladders with a duel 630 Senton and 054 Splash respectively onto Cesaro & Drew McIntyre through the announcers table.

"I'm not underestimating Joe like he thinks I am. I understand that he is a major threat. He has held the US title for 98 days for a reason, because he's been a dominant champion. But from the way I see things... Joe is just another man who is stepping in my way to the top." - Ricochet

We then see Ricochet coming out to interrupt Samoa Joe's challenge for The Great American Bash. The stare-down between Ricochet & Samoa Joe is then shown afterwards.

"You know what they say - the bigger they are, the harder they fall. And at The Great American Bash... I'm walking out as US Champion. There isn't anybody who is gonna stop me from getting to where I wanna be." - Ricochet

The video package then ends with Ricochet doing his one hand in the air pose on the stage with the spotlight on The One and Only.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Raw's live footage cuts to the backstage area, as we see Harper to a huge positive reaction from the London fans! The Hardcore Champion is lurking around whilst whistling with his title around his waist. Harper continues to walk around with his mallet in the hand...

UNTIL HE'S ATTACKED WITH A CHAIR...

BY NO WAY JOSE!!!

The fans are absolutely shocked as No Way Jose is clearly doing what he has to do, and he calls over a referee as he goes for the cover- in an attempt to become the new Hardcore Champion...

ONE!

TWO!

BUT HARPER KICKS OUT!

Jose then grabs Harper and he picks him up - but Harper fights back!! Harper then grabs his mallet, before blasting Jose in the back with it. Jose stumbles, but he erupts with an elbow to the face of The Bulldozer as Harper drops the mallet. They continue to trade shots and blows as the brawl then reaches the aisle of the 02 Arena with the referee following them...

And both men take their brawl to the arena itself as the fans begin to cheer in awe. Harper hurls Jose onto the stage, before walking back and getting his mallet. He then enters the picture again, before dragging Jose to the ring. He puts Jose in the ring, as the referee enters the ring too along with Harper. Harper then lines Jose up for another mallet shot as Jose gets up to his feet... and Harper goes to hit him with force...

BUT JOSE DUCKS...

AND HARPER HITS THE REFEREE!!!

The ref goes down, but there is no other referee in sight!! Jose then waits for Harper to turn around as he does so, and he goes for a Fastball Punch...

HARPER REVERSES IT INTO A TRUCK STOP!!!

London chants "BULL-DOZER!" over again as Harper grabs his title, and his mallet- before standing tall with Jose being another victim laying in the ring. Harper then looks set to leave the ring...

BUT WE SEE A FAMILIAR INDIVIDUAL CREEPING UP BEHIND HARPER...

IT'S RHYNO!!!!!

The crowd erupts as Harper looks confused. He turns around...

GOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Rhyno hits Harper with a DEVASTATING Gore as the former Hardcore legend then covers Harper! But there is no referee in the ring as Harper is down! Rhyno then smacks the ring himself with his hands for the pinfall attempt, as the fans do it along with him...

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!!!

The War Machine then grabs the Hardcore Championship, and he immediately escapes from the ring... but Cole then questions whether this can even be classed as official?! Renee states that there was no referee to facilitate that pinfall attempt!!! Graves then reveals that he just received word that Harper is STILL the champion, so Rhyno technically has what is currently Harper's.

Match 3. Laura vs. Becky Lynch

A recap of Mickie James' attack on Becky was shown from last week's Raw. London went absolutely nuts for the Raw Women's Champion in Becky Lynch, as she was hugely over here tonight. This match was nothing but a squash, as the local talent in Laura had no chance against Becky who was extremely angry and taking all her frustrations out on Laura. This led to Becky making Laura tap-out to the Dis-Arm-Her, and gaining the win!

Winner: Becky Lynch

After the match, Becky refuses to celebrate as she grabs the mic. She looks fired up here tonight.

"I'm going to cut to the chase. Mickie... I want you here right now because I'm ready to go. COME OUT HERE RIGHT NOW YOU STUPID BITCH!!" - Becky Lynch

A HUGE pop from the London fans, as Becky waits for Mickie James to show her face! Becky paces around in the ring for a while out of adrenaline...

OBSESSION

The fans begin to boo loudly as Mickie James finally comes out with a mic in her hand. She stands on the stage as her music cuts, as Becky motions for her to come into the ring. Mickie looks as if she's going to speak, but the fans begin to chant "Who Are Ya?!" loudly as Mickie then begins to laugh and speak into the mic...

"I'M MICKIE JAMES!!!" - Mickie James

Boos can be heard as Mickie puts the mic away from her face. She pauses as Becky can be heard shouting "what are you waiting for?!" However, Mickie is waiting for nothing as she casually drops the mic... and she heads to the back having said just three words, leaving Becky in the lurch.

The Man continues to pace around in anger after that as she has the mic in her hand... before THROWING it outside the ring with force as she is in rage mode!! Becky then leaves the ring as she RUNS towards the stage as she walks around in the backstage area.

She goes looking for Mickie, but she is nowhere to be seen. She looks at all the officials and backstage technicians who are walking past her as they all walk away as quickly as possible, not wanting to face The Man's wrath.

Becky then lets out a huge scream, and it seems as if Mickie's mind games are clearly working with the Raw Women's Champion looking out of place, and rattled.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 4. Kalisto vs. Chad Gable - US Championship Series Quarter Finals Match

We are reminded of how Gable had competed during the 2012 London Olympics for USA in the 185-lbs division in Greco-Roman wrestling. The last Quarter Final match was a treat for England, as we saw Kalisto attempt to use his aerial ability to win this match - compared to Gable being technical as ever. This match came to an end when Gable had Kalisto in an Ankle Lock... making Kalisto tap out in the process!

Winner and advancing to Semi Finals: Chad Gable

We go to the announcers table as Cole then hypes up how the brackets for the Semi Finals are now official - and we see Chad Gable go one on one with Jordan Myles next week, as well as EC3 taking on Tyler Breeze!

Renee then hypes up a segment for this week's Smackdown, as we will see the Women's Tag Team Champions in The IIconics! After defeating The Divas of Doom at MITB, we will see them address the WWE Universe.

However, Cole then calls for a mic as he gets up from his seat. The commentator then speaks as he says that now is a moment that we've all been waiting for. He then says that last week, we saw Goldberg make his return to the WWE - after interrupting Cesaro's MITB celebration. Now, we hear from The Myth himself as he's here via satellite!!

The TitanTron goes live, as we then see Goldberg to a huge pop from the London crowd. Cole welcomes Goldberg, as Goldberg says that it's a pleasure to be here. He then apologises to the fans for not being able to come to London, which is why he's here via satellite tonight. Cole then says that people are wondering why did Goldberg come out last week to interrupt Cesaro's celebration? Goldberg then says that it's a long story.

"Last week's Raw took place in Ohio, and I just so happened to be in Cincinatti that night- so I thought that I would pay a visit to catch up with everybody. I was backstage, but I wasn't even scheduled for the show. However, there was something that Cesaro said which got to me. He stated that there was nobody more dominant than him in the back... and that's when I knew that I had to come out and remind him who The Myth is!!" - Goldberg

A "Goldberg" chant erupts in the arena as Cole says that is understandable. He then asks Goldberg what his plans are for his return? Are you going to be coming back to the ring full-time? The Myth then says that as much as he would love to come back full-time, it can't happen.

"I'm in great shape... but my career is getting shorter and shorter! The Great American Bash is coming up... and that's a PPV that I'm very familiar with. I've had my best matches back in the days, and my plans for my return are very simple. I want a match at that PPV... and there's only one man who I feel is suitable enough for me to face... and that's Mr. Money in the Bank in Cesaro!!!" - Goldberg

The crowd erupts with a huge pop as they begin to chant "YES!" loudly. Cole then says that is a huge challenge which has been set. He then says that we are running out of time, but he then asks Goldberg if there are any final words he would like to say?

"Cesaro. If you do accept my challenge? I just want you to know that... YOU'RE NEXT!!!" - Goldberg

Goldberg points towards the camera as the fans respond with a mixed reaction this time- and Cole thanks The Myth for his time as the challenge has been set! We are reminded of how Cesaro will be in action tonight, so maybe we'll get his response to the challenge then?

>>COMMERCIAL<<

The 2019 Men's Money in the Bank winner in Cesaro has just made his entrance, as he waits for his opponent.

MUSTACHE MOUNTAIN

"OH MY GOD... IT'S TRENT SEVEN!!!" - Michael Cole

The London crowd explodes for the music of Trent Seven, as one half of the NXT UK Tag Team in Moustache Mountatain comes out to the stage. He takes in the ovation from the crowd before making his way to the ring, as Cesaro looks on.

Match 5. Cesaro vs. Trent Seven

Without a shadow of a doubt, this has most certainly been the match of the night. We've seen Seven give it his all during this 10 minute match as he has took Mr. MITB to his limits. One moment saw Seven have Cesaro on his shoulders, before doing the Airplane Spin - but Cesaro managed to counter and grab Seven by his feet, executing a Giant Swing of his own. But the finish of this match comes when Cesaro nailed Seven with a Neutralizer, before covering him for the win.

Winner: Cesaro

After the long fought match, Cesaro gets up and raises his hands in victory. He looks down at Seven who has also eventually gotten up in the ring, as Cole says that this was an exceptional match. Cesaro then helps Seven up to his feet, before giving him a pat on the back as Seven nods in approval.

Seven then heads to the back to cheers from the fans, as Charly Caruso then enters the ring with a mic. She walks up to Cesaro, and she congratulates him on his win against Trent Seven. She then asks for his response to Goldberg's challenge for The Great American Bash? Cesaro then speaks. He says first - he wants a round of applause for his great opponent tonight in Trent Seven!!

Cheers can be heard as Cesaro then says that he loves being in London. But last week, when Goldberg came out to interrupt his MITB winners' celebration - he knew exactly what Goldberg was trying to do.

"He came out here last week trying to ride on my wave because that's what he does. Whenever a superstar has momentum... out comes Goldberg - ready to take everything away from them!!" - Cesaro

A mixed reaction can then be heard as Cesaro continues. Caruso then asks Cesaro to elaborate on his claims? Cesaro then says that he knows Goldberg is well-respected in the WWE.

"But he did the same with Brock Lesnar. He did it with Kevin Owens, and now he's trying to do it to me. But Goldberg... you were correct. I AM next. Because I ACCEPT your challenge for The Great American Bash... and I'm not just going to shorten your career... I'M GOING TO END IT!!" - Cesaro

A HUGE pop with some boos can be heard from the fans, as Caruso thanks Cesaro for his time. Cesaro raises his MITB briefcase in the air, and his music plays in the background. Renee then states that Cesaro vs. Goldberg is official for TGAB - and that is going to be a colossal bout!!!

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 6. AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin

This bout has gone on for a minute so far, as AJ has had the upper hand. But he looks over to the stage, as we see Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush coming out. AJ is confused, as they walk down the ramp and enter the ring. AJ doesn't know what is happening, but he's rolled up by Baron Corbin from behind...

ONE!

TWO!

BUT AJ KICKS OUT!!!

AJ then gets back up to his feet... ONLY TO BE HIT WITH A SPEAR BY LASHLEY!!!

Winner via DQ: AJ Styles

However, after the match - Lashley begins to beat down on Styles as Rush cheers him on. Lashley erupts with kick after kick, each one with force as Corbin looks on. Lashley & Rush then leave the ring as Cole questions why Lashley would do this? However, Corbin picks up the pieces as he takes advantage of the fallen Styles by picking him up...

END OF DAYS TO STYLES!!!

Corbin leaves Styles laying in the ring as he then heads to the back as well, and the cameras go backstage.

We go Stephanie McMahon's office - and London responds with a huge mixed reaction as we see two teams in Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn as well as The Revival. Stephanie says that she has invited both teams in her office today. She wants to know why The Revival refused to accept Owens & Zayn's challenge for The Great American Bash. Dash Wilder then speaks, as he states that they already spoke about it last week. Dawson then intervenes.

"Owens & Zayn have only been a tag team again for two seconds! If they want a title shot... they have to EARN it like everybody else! And besides Stephanie... are you forgetting about what they put your family through on SmackDown Live?" - Scott Dawson

However, Owens & Zayn burst into laughter after that. Zayn then says that was a good one. Owens then says earn it? He asks The Revival since when they did care about anybody earning title shots?!

"But for your information, we beat The Lucha House Party earlier tonight. We've gone through EC3 & Drake Maverick... and in that same match - we beat you two as well. From the way we see it... you guys seem too scared to face us at TGAB. Because you know full well that we can beat you for those titles!!" - Kevin Owens

Wilder then dismisses that statement from Owens, saying that's ridiculous. But Stephanie then says that both teams have fair points. And she hasn't forgotten what Owens & Zayn put her family through, but Zayn cuts in.

"Look Steph, what happened between us and your family - that's all in the past now. It's done and dusted. We don't hold any grudges over what happened, and we hope you don't either. All me & Sami want is a tag team title shot, because we feel like we've done enough to deserve it." - Sami Zayn

"Deserve it my ASS!" - Dash Wilder

Stephanie then says quiet. She then states that The Revival don't make the decisions around here... so Owens & Zayn? Next week, you will face the former champions in Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder. The winner of that match faces The Revival at TGAB, and that's the end of that matter. Both teams then begin to stare-down in the office.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Seth Rollins comes out for the main event as the Universal Champion makes his way to the ring. Rollins waits for his opponent as it's time for the MITB rematch!

BOOYAKA

Another set of cheers can be heard as The Master of 619 comes out! Rey Mysterio stands on the stage, and he makes his way to the ring...

BUT HE'S ATTACKED FROM BEHIND...

BY DREW MCINTYRE!!!

London responds with a mixed reaction as Drew McIntyre has struck when Mysterio least expected it! He picks Mysterio up...

FUTURE SHOCK DDT TO MYSTERIO!!!

The fans then boo as Rollins immediately exits the ring, and he runs over to McIntyre before The Scottish Psychopath rushes to the back. Rollins attends to Mysterio as officials then join the stage.

They are all checking on Mysterio, as he slowly gets back up to his feet. The officials inform Mysterio that he shouldn't compete, as Rollins can be heard saying "I don't want to you now fight now man!" but Mysterio pushes the officials away, and he can be heard saying "I want to compete!!"

More cheers can now be heard as Mysterio refuses to back down. Rollins then looks at the officials, knowing he's got no choice in the matter - and he ends up nodding despite the hesitation.

Match 7. Rey Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins (c)- Universal Championship Match

Despite McIntyre's attack, Mysterio showcased his never give-up attitude as he once again has taken Rollins to his limits. However, this match comes to an end when Rollins goes for a Pheonix Splash... but Mysterio moves out of the way! Mysterio then rolls Rollins up for the cover, but Rollins kicks out at 2. The two men are now up, before Rollins kicks Mysterio in the gut- and he nails a Pedigree. He goes for the cover, and this match is over!

Winner and STILL Universal Champion: Seth Rollins

After the match, Rollins refuses to celebrate as he checks on Mysterio instead. Mysterio is absolutely shattered from the match, but he is nodding to show that he is okay - as that's all that matters to Rollins...

NO MORE WORDS

But London bursts into another set of cheers as Jeff Hardy is finally here!!! Hardy comes out to the stage with a mic as Rollins turns his attention to him. Hardy speaks as he makes his way to the ring, and he's not happy at all. He says that it hadn't even been a full week, and yet Rollins was already talking rubbish about him.

Hardy then enters the ring, as he says that Rollins was correct though - at MITB, they did lose to Sanity. His brother did get destroyed...

"But my brother is clearly not in the right frame of mind at the moment... but that has nothing to do with you! When I got told about the trade deal, I went to my brother for his blessing - which gave me because he wants what is best for me, like I want what is best for him. He's got a family, he has kids who can help him get through his struggles!" - Jeff Hardy

The fans are cheering as they agree with what Hardy is saying, but Rollins tells him to calm down. Hardy then asks Rollins who the hell does he think he is?!

"Who are YOU to talk about MY brother.. when you are the same man who turned on yours?! But let me tell you this Rollins, if you EVER mention my brother again - I will make sure that you live to regret it!!!" - Jeff Hardy

Hardy then drops the mic to a big pop from the fans, as he has spoken his mind. Rollins continues to tell Hardy to back off...

Before Hardy PUSHES Rollins!!

Rollins stumbles, as the Universal Champion then gets in Hardy's face - but that's when Rey Mysterio is forced to intervene as he keeps the two men apart! The show ends with Hardy & Rollins arguing whilst Mysterio plays the voice of reason, with Raw going off the air.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Good Raw EP I like the US Championship Series good way to showcase good mid card talent kind of shocked Myles won buut not a bad thing. I like this doubt that is going on with Hawkins & Ryder as it comes off genuine and you feel for them espically hawkins. Rey vs. Seth is something I could watch any day of the week so glad that is still going on. Cesaro needs to beat Goldberg and solidfy himself as the main event. Hardcore scene looks cool and I like Rhyno goring Harper.

Good job man

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Serious Professional

Status

Great way to debut Jordan Myles, and love that Cedric shook his hand afterwards. Feels like Myles could be someone properly featured in the future based on this. There's momentum behind him already, which is really impressive. Kudos also for not opening with a 20 minute in ring promo. Getting right to business, I love it.

GREAT angle with Hawkins there. As I've said before, the lack of definable character traits is one of the biggest problems with the WWE at the moment, so having Hawkins struggle with their inability to win is a lovely touch. Excited to see where this goes.

I really liked Seth saying he didn't go for the Curb Stomp out of respect for Rey, and LOVED Rey refusing the title shot as he hasn't earned it. Those are the actions of real babyfaces. Honestly, I love it. I kind of wish that Rey hadn't just relented and taken the title shot afterwards anyway, as it makes his earlier refusal seem more of a gesture than him being truly decent, and I didn't really follow what I was supposed to get out of the Jeff Hardy stuff. But I didn't get it in a "I wonder where this is going" rather than "this sucks", so I look forward to seeing what this turns in to.

LOVE the Ricochet video. I'm all about the different ways to sell a match. This show is off to a flyer.

The Harper/Jose fight was a bit of fun. It's not really my thing, but again, you've got so much time to kill in these shows that I don't blame you for playing with something else. Just feels like it killed some of the momentum of the early part of the show, if I'm honest. And here's some incredibly nitpicky feedback (only because this show has been so good thus far I feel like I can give you the really nitpicky stuff), I'd be mindful of how you describe crowd reactions. I find it hard to believe the crowd would be "in awe" of Luke Harper and No Way Jose having a brawl, you know? It happens later, too, when everyone is getting huge" pops, including The Revival appearing in Stephanie's office. It's very nitpicky, but I find a show feels more authentic when the crowd reactions are in line with my expectations, even if that means you admit that the crowd were "sitting on their hands" or whatever.

Nice use of a squash for Becky, and that Mickie angle is intriguing. Again, something a little different. Kudos.

Using the US tournament to spotlight Gable is a great idea, I'm totally on board with that. Still, based on who is in the match, I feel like Myles is the one with all the momentum.

Is "The Myth" a nickname Goldberg has used? Because that makes him sound like he's not actually impressive. Kind of like a story that isn't based in reality. Sorry if that's a known thing, I'm out of the loop on some bits of modern WWE. Anyway, this again feels like one of those "crowd responses isn't in line with what I'd expect". Like, would the crowd really explode and have "YES!" chants for Goldberg challenging Cesaro... after we've already seen them face off last week? Aside from that, this was maybe a little wordy for a Goldberg promo, but I liked that Cesaro didn't come out for an argument. And this is a fascinating dynamic, Goldberg and Cesaro, so good stuff there.

Hmm... as good as Trent Severn is, Cesaro having a long back-and-forth with him when he's being lined up to face Goldberg seems a weird decision. I really love the idea of using Cesaro to have great matches with lower guys, but you can't really do that AND have him in a battle of the dominant monsters with Goldberg. Cesaro really needs to squashing fools to look like the biggest star in the world going in to that Goldberg match. Save the epic, coming out matches for Severn to someone else.

Erm... why did the referee count the pin if Lio Rush and Lashley are standing in the ring?!

The Revival and Owens/Zayn angle was fine. The staredown at the end was a little forced, but it got us to where we needed to get to.

Rey getting taken out and facing your big babyface champion is a curious decision, but again, one that is interesting to me. I like the idea behind the closing segment, although it felt like we'd missed a chapter of the story or something. I don't think Rollins really insulted Matt enough to really get him riled up, and it'll take more than that to have Jeff go from jobbing to Sanity to competing for the World Title in the next PPV. But I liked the idea.

Overall, this was a really solid effort. I thought everything up to the Harper/Jose brawl was BRILLIANT, and by far the best I've read in this thread so far. It was excellently understated, and almost everything landed perfectly. Once we got to the Cesaro/Severn match, though, things feel away a little, and almost felt like you'd gotten burned out on the show or something. All the really fun, outside-the-box, great character work from the start to the show went a little missing and it became a bit muddled.

That said, please don't interpret this as me saying it was bad or anything - it was still definitely good - but I saw glimpses in that opening run of really, really high quality (I'm talking Wolf Beast-level stuff), that the slight dip afterwards felt like a missed opportunity. Maintain that quality from the start of the show and Raw/Smackdown will become one of THE can't miss shows in this section. Good luck!

What's Gwarning!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Good Raw EP I like the US Championship Series good way to showcase good mid card talent kind of shocked Myles won buut not a bad thing. I like this doubt that is going on with Hawkins & Ryder as it comes off genuine and you feel for them espically hawkins. Rey vs. Seth is something I could watch any day of the week so glad that is still going on. Cesaro needs to beat Goldberg and solidfy himself as the main event. Hardcore scene looks cool and I like Rhyno goring Harper.

Good job man
    Glad you enjoyed the show man! I'm hoping to catch up on your BTB as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Great way to debut Jordan Myles, and love that Cedric shook his hand afterwards. Feels like Myles could be someone properly featured in the future based on this. There's momentum behind him already, which is really impressive. Kudos also for not opening with a 20 minute in ring promo. Getting right to business, I love it.

GREAT angle with Hawkins there. As I've said before, the lack of definable character traits is one of the biggest problems with the WWE at the moment, so having Hawkins struggle with their inability to win is a lovely touch. Excited to see where this goes.

I really liked Seth saying he didn't go for the Curb Stomp out of respect for Rey, and LOVED Rey refusing the title shot as he hasn't earned it. Those are the actions of real babyfaces. Honestly, I love it. I kind of wish that Rey hadn't just relented and taken the title shot afterwards anyway, as it makes his earlier refusal seem more of a gesture than him being truly decent, and I didn't really follow what I was supposed to get out of the Jeff Hardy stuff. But I didn't get it in a "I wonder where this is going" rather than "this sucks", so I look forward to seeing what this turns in to.

LOVE the Ricochet video. I'm all about the different ways to sell a match. This show is off to a flyer.

The Harper/Jose fight was a bit of fun. It's not really my thing, but again, you've got so much time to kill in these shows that I don't blame you for playing with something else. Just feels like it killed some of the momentum of the early part of the show, if I'm honest. And here's some incredibly nitpicky feedback (only because this show has been so good thus far I feel like I can give you the really nitpicky stuff), I'd be mindful of how you describe crowd reactions. I find it hard to believe the crowd would be "in awe" of Luke Harper and No Way Jose having a brawl, you know? It happens later, too, when everyone is getting huge" pops, including The Revival appearing in Stephanie's office. It's very nitpicky, but I find a show feels more authentic when the crowd reactions are in line with my expectations, even if that means you admit that the crowd were "sitting on their hands" or whatever.

Nice use of a squash for Becky, and that Mickie angle is intriguing. Again, something a little different. Kudos.

Using the US tournament to spotlight Gable is a great idea, I'm totally on board with that. Still, based on who is in the match, I feel like Myles is the one with all the momentum.

Is "The Myth" a nickname Goldberg has used? Because that makes him sound like he's not actually impressive. Kind of like a story that isn't based in reality. Sorry if that's a known thing, I'm out of the loop on some bits of modern WWE. Anyway, this again feels like one of those "crowd responses isn't in line with what I'd expect". Like, would the crowd really explode and have "YES!" chants for Goldberg challenging Cesaro... after we've already seen them face off last week? Aside from that, this was maybe a little wordy for a Goldberg promo, but I liked that Cesaro didn't come out for an argument. And this is a fascinating dynamic, Goldberg and Cesaro, so good stuff there.

Hmm... as good as Trent Severn is, Cesaro having a long back-and-forth with him when he's being lined up to face Goldberg seems a weird decision. I really love the idea of using Cesaro to have great matches with lower guys, but you can't really do that AND have him in a battle of the dominant monsters with Goldberg. Cesaro really needs to squashing fools to look like the biggest star in the world going in to that Goldberg match. Save the epic, coming out matches for Severn to someone else.

Erm... why did the referee count the pin if Lio Rush and Lashley are standing in the ring?!

The Revival and Owens/Zayn angle was fine. The staredown at the end was a little forced, but it got us to where we needed to get to.

Rey getting taken out and facing your big babyface champion is a curious decision, but again, one that is interesting to me. I like the idea behind the closing segment, although it felt like we'd missed a chapter of the story or something. I don't think Rollins really insulted Matt enough to really get him riled up, and it'll take more than that to have Jeff go from jobbing to Sanity to competing for the World Title in the next PPV. But I liked the idea.

Overall, this was a really solid effort. I thought everything up to the Harper/Jose brawl was BRILLIANT, and by far the best I've read in this thread so far. It was excellently understated, and almost everything landed perfectly. Once we got to the Cesaro/Severn match, though, things feel away a little, and almost felt like you'd gotten burned out on the show or something. All the really fun, outside-the-box, great character work from the start to the show went a little missing and it became a bit muddled.

That said, please don't interpret this as me saying it was bad or anything - it was still definitely good - but I saw glimpses in that opening run of really, really high quality (I'm talking Wolf Beast-level stuff), that the slight dip afterwards felt like a missed opportunity. Maintain that quality from the start of the show and Raw/Smackdown will become one of THE can't miss shows in this section. Good luck!

Awesome review bro!! Gonna respond to a couple of things.

With the Seth/Jeff situation, I feel like having Seth mention his brother in the first place was enough to rile him up. My thinking was... that this situation is between Rollins & Hardy for the Universal Championship. I was trying to play up this whole idea of Rollins provoking his babyface opponents because not only does it makes his character more interesting - but I wanted Rollins to basically say that Hardy was ditching his brother for the Universal title, along with the whole situation of Matt Hardy being even more broken. Almost as if it was a hypocritical situation, with Hardy talking about Rollins' relationships with his own brothers that also had it's rough patches.

When searched it up, I was looking for a nickname for Goldberg - and I saw that he used The Myth. I looked up the definition of the Myth and it's like a traditional story. I think that fits in to what Goldberg is, because his character is out of this world - with the past undefeated streak of course, and he seems legitimate as a character.

The thing with the Cesaro/Trent match... is that I don't want Cesaro to just squash any other superstar ahead of the Goldberg match. And it was all about giving the London crowd a good match at the same time. Cesaro is mad over in England, whereas Trent is as well due to him being from England. I had Cesaro state that he was a wrestler last week, and that's his gimmick. I did originally have a Cesaro squash match planned though, but I changed it to the match with Trent because it benefits both superstars really.

With the AJ/Corbin match... I was going for the referee being confused about whether to go for the pin attempt or not, but I should've elaborated on that tbh. With the crowd reactions, again - the show was set in London, so I'd imagine they'd be HOT throughout the night. That's the vibe I get from them anyway.

Towards the end of the show - I had fun writing it, but I'm not used to the idea of having 7 matches on Raw. But I went along with it as it is 3 hours, and one of the matches was the squash. However, I do see what you meant - my problem was, I didn't want to make it super long.

Thank you very much, and I'll definitely take note of what you have said to improve. That praise that the first parts of the show were on Wolf-level is huge for me man, I appreciate that big time!!! I'll also need to check out your shows as well, will take the time to do that hopefully.
    Last edited by Skengman95; 10-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.

What's Gwarning!

Status

Before the show begins, we see Braun Strowman with a duffel bag in his hand - walking to the O2 Arena as there are many cars and fans surrounding Strowman, and cheering him on. However, Strowman is approached by Cathy Kelley as Kelley has a mic in hand. Strowman then stops as Kelley then says that question on everybody's mind right now is... is Sister Abigail alive? Strowman then says that he knows why people are asking this.

"But when it comes to Sister Abigail - it's simply not my place to say anything!" - Braun Strowman

Strowman then looks walks away but Kelley continues to approach him. She asks him what he feels about Bray Wyatt's split personality, with himself & The Fiend? However, as Strowman goes to answer...

HE'S ATTACKED FROM BEHIND...

AND THE CULPRITS ARE SHINSUKE NAKAMURA & RUSEV!!!

The fans are looking on, shouting all kinds of abuse as Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev, who now go by the name of Sovereignty, have finally struck... but Strowman begins to fight back! Strowman begins to erupt with shots to Nakamura's face, only for Rusev to respond with a huge Machka Kick to Strowman from behind!

Rusev & Nakamura then grab Strowman and pick him up as with intent to crush. They SMASH Strowman's head onto the hood of a car, before taking him to the windows of the car...

AND THEY HURL STROWMAN'S HEAD INTO THE CAR WINDOW!!!

The window is then left shattered as Strowman's head is hanging through the car window, before he could even make it to the 02 Arena. There are many security members that come rushing down, as one of them states that they need medics right now due to the onslaught from the Sovereignty!

May 14th 2019 - O2 Arena - London, England

A small video package highlighting last week's events is shown, before the cameras cut to the O2 Arena. We see an exciting London crowd as we head over to Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton on the commentary table. Phillips hypes up how tonight is going to be a big night, as we have a Tag Team Turmoil lined up as well as a huge main event of Shelton Benjamin vs. Randy Orton! Saxton then reminds us of what just down before the show, as Nakamura & Rusev who also go by Sovereignty took Strowman out for the first time since their rivalry began.

FEMME FATALE

A mixed reaction is then heard from the fans as The IIconics come out to the stage. The Women's Tag Team Champions make their way to the ring with mics in their hand, looking glamorous as ever. Billie Kay is the first to speak, as she looks at Peyton Royce before saying that she's not going to lie... she feels VERY disgusted to be here in London, England. This draws boos from the fans. Peyton then says that London isn't exactly a glamorous place to live in, even if it is the capital of England. But enough about you people, let's move onto more serious stuff.

"Because at MITB, we went face to face with The Divas of Dooooooommmm... and we put Beth Pheonix & Natalya to shame. And ever since we have become the Women's Tag Team Champions, we've had to put up with complaints from YOU people... saying that we're boring champions. That we don't bring enough excitement to this division." - Peyton Royce

The fans boo, and chant "WHO ARE YA?!" as The IIconics nod in disapproval. Billie then says that they are as exciting as it gets! Peyton says that there isn't a single tag team in the WWE who can compare to what they do. Billie continues. She says that it's an absolute disgrace how they weren't even featured on this week's Raw, or BOTH of last week's shows!!!

"We're not here to lay back and just be the champions. We're here to dominate because that's what we've been doing since WrestleMania. We put Beth Pheonix of action, and we sent her back to the old people's home- where she belongs!! And we will do the same to ANY Tag Team to comes in our way! And that goes for The Riott Squad. Prestige. Fire and Desire, and ANYBODY else who is stupid enough to mess with us. Because we are..." - Billie Kay

"ICONIC!!!" - Both

SKY'S THE LIMIT

But London then erupts with a HUGE pop as Miss Boss of the Bank's music hits! And out comes The Boss 'n' Hug Connection as we are reminded of how Sasha Banks & Bayley reunited last week after Banks saved Bayley from an attack by Charlotte Flair & Lacey Evans, also known as Prestige. They enter the ring with mics, as the champions look on. Bayley then talks, saying that if Billie thinks that The IIconics are as exciting as it gets... then they really need to get themselves checked out.

"Because the fans are right... you girls haven't been very exciting at all. And truth be told, your championship reign has been like watching paint dry or even stale bread! But if there is ANYTHING that gives excitement on SmackDown... it's seeing The Boss 'n' Hug Connection back together in FULL force!!" - Bayley

Sasha then speaks. She says that The IIconic had a lot to say about her when she wasn't around, but she doesn't see them talking now that they're here. However, Billie then asks Sasha what she's talking about? Peyton says that she has no recollection of that. Sasha then asks if that's right? Before pointing to the TitanTron.

"Raw - Superstar Shake-Up

Billie then states that their victory affected The Boss 'n' Hug Connection so bad... that Sasha Banks couldn't even show her face on Raw!!

"Sasha... Sasha... all I want to ask you is... how's your vacation?!" - Peyton Royce

The fans boo again as Billie then says that we all saw what happened when Alexa Bliss beat Bayley with ease. The truth is... THEY were the ones who ended The Boss 'n' Hug Connection's Tag Team careers!!"
    The video ends, as Sasha then asks them if that jogs their memories?! The IIconics are speechless, and Sasha says that's what she thought.

"You both thought you ended our tag team careers, you thought you sent me packing... well here we are!! But the reason why me & Bayley are out here tonight... is to remind you that we NEVER got our rematch for those Women's Tag Team titles. But let me remind you both... that you didn't even pin us - which is why we will be invoking our rematch clauses at Unforgiven to regain OUR titles!" - Sasha Banks

London cheers again as Sasha has just dropped a huge announcement for Unforgiven. The IIconics look on in shock, as Billie says no... that's not fair!! She talks about how Sasha has already won the Women's MITB match... she has a briefcase.

"Sasha... you need to stop being selfish and give other tag teams a chance!!" - Peyton Royce

But then Bayley cuts in. She says that The IIconics just said it themselves, there isn't a single team that could match to them... but you didn't mention The Boss 'n' Hug Connection.

"We are coming back for what is ours... and The Boss 'n' Hug Connection are going to become TWO time Women's Tag Team Champions!!" - Bayley

Bayley then drops the mic, as The Boss 'n' Hug Connection leave the ring with sass - leaving The IIconics looking shell-shocked and annoyed over their announcement.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 1. Tag Team Turmoil Match to determine #1 contenders to the SD Tag Team Championships

Eliminations:
    1: Sovereignty w/Lana def. The Singh Brothers

Rusev made Sunil Singh tap out to the Accolade before covering for the first elimination

2: Sovereignty w/Lana def. The B-Team

Nakamura nailed Bo Dallas with a Kinshasa followed by a pinfall to eliminate The B-Team

3: Sovereignty w/Lana vs. The Colons

Sovereignty are full of fatigue as they have toyed with The Colons throughout the third round...

But the TitanTron shows The Wyatt Family's graphic as London erupts with a HUGE pop!! The lights then go out, as the fans are expecting something big here tonight. And the lights go back on...

TO REVEAL BRAY WYATT ON THE STAGE...

WITH AIDEN ENGLISH IN HIS HANDS!!!

London goes absolutely wild with cheers as Wyatt has English in position for a finisher, and English is pleading for him to stop...

SISTER ABIGAIL TO ENGLISH!!!

"AIDEN ENGLISH HAS FINALLY BEEN RELEASED FROM THE CABIN!!!" - Tom Phillips

Rusev & Nakamura can't believe this as they look on, and see that that a traumatised English is down on the stage... until Epico & Primo hit Rusev & Nakamura with two Backstabbers respectively!! Epico then covers Rusev...

ONE!

TWO!

THREE! AND SOVEREIGNTY ARE ELIMINATED BY THE COLONS!!!

After this elimination, Sovereignty immediately head to the stage to check on Aiden English - as the fans begin to sing "He's got the whole world in his hands." Nakamura begins to sarcastically applaud towards English, blaming him for their loss- whereas Rusev helps English up, actually looking worried for his former partner. Lana looks unsure of what just went down. Rusev puts English's arm around his shoulders, as Nakamura isn't having any of it - before Sovereignty head to the back with English.

4: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson def. The Colons

The Good Brothers hit Epico with a Magic Killer, before Anderson pinned Epico successfully.

After this, The Colons refused to leave the ring... leading to them attacking Gallows & Anderson from behind!!! The Colons then nailed Anderson with a Double Backstabber before leaving the ring.

5: The New Day def. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson

G&A attempted to put up a good fight, but it wasn't enough as Big E hit Anderson with a Big Ending, before pinning him for the elimination.

6: The New Day vs. Titus Worldwide w/Dana Brooke

The final match of this Tag Team Turmoil just so happens to be The New Day vs. Titus Worldwide. Fans are behind the both of them, but the match ends when The New Day hit Apollo Crews with a Midnight Hour... only for Titus O'Neil to come in and clear house. O'Neil then grabs Woods and hits him with a Clash of the Titans... before covering him and gaining the win for their team!!!

Winners and #1 contenders to the Smackdown Tag Team Championships: Titus WorldWide

We see Prestige backstage, as Charlotte Flair & Lacey Evans are looking as classy as ever in the locker room. They look towards the camera, as Evans says that last week - The Boss 'n' Hug Connection made a mistake in reuniting at the expense of them. Charlotte then states that they won't let that slip at all, but for now- she has bigger fish to focus on! Charlotte talks about how there will be a Fatal Four Way match later tonight to determine the #1 contender to her Smackdown's Women's title!

"I mean... who is even worthy enough to go head to head with me, right Lacey?! Ember Moon calls herself The She-Nom... but she's a running joke. Carmella doesn't have the audacity to try and defeat The Queen! And as for Fire & Desire? Well, they are both irrelevant as ever. And tonight, it doesn't matter who gains a shot at MY title - because they will ALL bow down to The Queen!" - Charlotte Flair

Lacey then nods with a smile on her face, as she says that those nasties will come out short to Charlotte anyway. The two women then strut away from the locker room, as we head to a break.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

MAKING A DIFFERENCE

The fans respond with a mixed reaction, with mainly boos as Andrade comes out to the stage with Zelina Vega! Sin Cara is already in the ring for action. The duo walk down the ramp as Vega has a mic in hand. She says that last week, we all witnessed Andrade DESTROY the Intercontinental Champion!! He made Finn Balor suffer for what they did to him at Money in the Bank.

"Finn Balor ruined Andrade's dreams and hopes of becoming Mr. Money in the Bank and earning a future shot at the world championship. He took that possibility away from El Idolo... which is why I managed to speak to Shane McMahon, and he revealed that Andrade will go one on one with Finn Balor for the Intercontinental Champion at Unforgiven!! Balor took away what mattered to Andrade... so at Unforgiven - Andrade will take away what's important to Balor... which is his title!!!" - Zelina Vega

London cheers for that announcement, as Vega says that Shane McMahon made the match official for Unforgiven continues. Andrade then enters the ring as Vega speaks from the outside. She says that as for Sin Cara...

"You just happened to be at the wrong place... at the wrong time. But it's okay. You have history with Andrade- so you know how it feels to be beaten by El Idolo. And I guess Andrade will simply have to do it again tonight on the road to his big match against Balor!!" - Zelina Vega

Vega then drops the mic, as she has spoken - and Andrade steps into the ring for the match.

Match 2. Andrade vs. Sin Cara

This match is actually very back and forth, and even better compared to their past bouts. Both men clearly know each other and their skill-sets very well, but the ending comes when Andrade hits Sin Cara with a Hammerlock DDT before covering him for the win!

Winner: Andrade

We then go to the announcers table, as Phillips talks about how the world title picture got changed to a different level when Shelton Benjamin was announced as the #1 contender to the WWE Championship. Saxton says that it's been a long time coming, and we're here about to hear from him as we go in-depth with The Gold Standard!

The video package then plays as Shelton is speaking towards the camera after being asked where his career had begun.

"When did my wrestling career start? Well, to get to this moment - I had to start off in my hometown of Orangeburg." - Shelton Benjamin

Orangeburg, South Carolina

We see clips of Shelton wrestling in his sophomore years in at Orangeburg-Wilkinson High School - where he is shown dominating his opponents. Shelton is roaming around his hometown as he talks about his beginnings.

"I was a two-time South Carolina state high school heavyweight wrestling champion. My win-loss record was 122-10, and that was when I really started to learn the ins and outs of the ring." - Shelton Benjamin

University of Minnesota

The Gold Standard is shown inside his old University, as we see Shelton interacting with other students that are wrestling like he used do. Shelton is then shown training with many of the wrestling students as he teaches them many moves.

"Wrestling in the University of Minnesota was the best experiences of my career. It's not all about your way up... it's about how you make your way up! You gotta enjoy the journey, and I was learning things that I never knew at the time. As a matter of fact - it was at this university when I first met, and became good friends with Brock Lesnar." - Shelton Benjamin

Graphics are then shown of the Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin tag team from 2002, where they were known as The Minnesota Stretching Crew during their days in OVW. We then see images of Lesnar & Benjamin winning OVW Tag Team Championships together. Paul Heyman is then shown speaking to the camera.

"Shelton Benjamin is a very tough man, there's no doubt about that. He was one of the few people who Brock Lesnar properly got on with. They were 3-time OVW Southern Tag Team Champions, and they've had each other's backs from the beginning. They were destructive together." - Paul Heyman

We then see Shelton teaming up with Charlie Hass to form The World's Greatest Tag Team, as well as their former association with Kurt Angle- as Team Angle. Shelton is then shown winning the Tag Team & Intercontinental Championships. Angle is then shown speaking to the camera.

"Benjamin was so good that he could've qualified for the Olympics if he wanted to. He's won the tag team titles twice with Charlie Hass, and he's been the Intercontinental Champion three times. Hell, he's even held the US title - and that's when the whole "Gold Standard" began - because he's put himself on that level." - Kurt Angle

The Gold Standard is then shown winning the US Championship. Footage of Benjamin battling it out with Roman Reigns and Apollo Crews are shown- as we see moments of his wrestling IQ coming into play. We then see Benjamin towards the camera again.

"I've been a National Wrestling Champion in Junior College, so I know how it feels to be at the top on an amateur level. I've beaten the very best in the WWE, such as Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Triple H... but I just haven't had my chance to become world champion. I KNOW that I am a main event player- and all I need to do now is prove it against Kofi Kingston at Unforgiven... by becoming the WWE Champion for the first ever time in my career! - Shelton Benjamin

The video package then ends with Benjamin standing tall and having his hands raised in victory many times.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 3. Carmella w/R-Truth vs. Ember Moon vs. Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville - Winner becomes #1 contender to the Smackdown Women's Championship

Charlotte Flair & Lacey Evans were on commentary. Moon & Deville played very dominant roles as they had impressed. Rose is green in the ring, but she's showing good potential whereas Carmella seems to be improving every year. The finish of this match comes when Carmella has Rose locked in the Code of Silence. Rose doesn't want to give in... until she is forced to tap out!

Winner and #1 contender to the Smackdown Women's Championship at Unforgiven: Carmella

After the match, Carmella begins to celebrate with R-Truth joining her in the ring. He gives her a big hug as Carmella then looks towards Charlotte Flair. Cole then reminds us how Carmella is the only women in that match that has beaten her before, and she will face her at Unforgiven. Both sides begin to trash talk from their positions.

We go backstage to see Cathy Kelley alongside the WWE Champion himself in Kofi Kingston! The fans cheer loudly as Kelley reminds Kofi that he will be facing Shelton Benjamin at Unforgiven. She asks him how does he approach a match like this, with Benjamin having one of the best IQ's in a wrestling ring? Kofi then says that it's going to be an interesting match.

"I saw the video package about him, and I saw what the likes of Paul Heyman & Kurt Angle said about Shelton Benjamin. He's legit, and he isn't a joke at all. Which is why I'm not underestimating Shelton, because he's a man with nothing to lose - and everything to gain. But I've only held this title for a month so far, and I'm not letting it slip. I will be ready for everything that The Gold Standard has to give!" - Kofi Kingston

Kelley then thanks the WWE Champion for his time as we go to commercial.

>>COMMERCIAL<<

The cameras then cut to Shane McMahon's office, as we see the Commissioner himself discussing tonight's main event with The Viper in Randy Orton! Orton will then ask Shane if he's hearing himself right now?!

"Shelton Benjamin didn't even beat Roman Reigns at MITB. Who was the last person that he even defeated... Apollo Crews? A man who has lost as many matches as you can count? He hasn't done anything to be hand-picked for a WWE Championship title shot. Wheras MY resume speaks for itself- and tonight... I'm going to beat him to show that he doesn't belong!" - Randy Orton

However, Shane then says that it's his decision - and it's final. But the camera then zooms out to reveal Shelton Benjamin, listening in on the conversation. The Gold Standard then reminds Orton that he's beaten him before.

"You think that I don't belong on this level, but I know that I'm a main event player whether you like it or not. And I don't give a damn about what you or Kofi have to say about that. So let's really put this theory of me not deserving a shot to the test... because tonight? I'm gonna put my WWE Championship opportunity on the line against YOU Randy - and the winner will go to Unforgiven with a match against Kofi." - Shelton Benjamin

Randy then begins to smirk as this sounds like music to his ears. Shane then says wait... before asking Shelton if he's sure? Shelton then says that he's positive that he can beat Orton's privileged ass. Shelton then walks off as Orton looks on with an annoyed look that turns into a smirk of confidence.

Match 4. Ali vs. Amir Jordan

We see two superstars who are originally Pakistani both going at it- with Jordan being from NXT UK. Jordan gets little offense in this fast paced and high flying match, and it ends when Ali nails Jordan with an 054 Splash before covering him for the win

Winner: Ali

After the match, Ali celebrates until the TitanTron feed goes live... and we see Daniel Bryan and Rowan to a mixed reaction from the fans, as Ali looks on in confusion. Bryan then speaks, as he says that last week - he told the entire world that he would find the source of the "Kofi issue!" Well without further ado... here he is. Standing in the middle of the ring. The man who has just had his hands raised in victory... Ali!!

"It was because of YOUR injury that Kofi was given the opportunity to enter the Elimination Chamber earlier this year and gain momentum. It was because of YOU that Kofi was even allowed to compete at WrestleMania in a world title match against me. The world is our oyster... but you have turned it into a joke - just like London!!!" - Daniel Bryan

Boos are then heard as Bryan continues. He then says that Ali is to blame for Bryan's championship reignending. He RUINED the SmackDown environment...

"And you created enough pollution to brainwash an entire generation into believing that it's all about flips and flying instead of making them focus on the world that needs change! Ali... you don't realise that what you have just started. It's time for you to SUFFER for what you've caused!!!" - Daniel Bryan

The TitanTron feed then shuts off, as Ali looks seriously confused and shocked in the ring. He can't believe what is going on...

UNTIL ALI GETS ATTACKED FROM BEHIND!!

The fans boo as the camera zooms out to reveal the attacker...

IT'S DREW GULAK!!!

London responds with loud jeers as Drew Gulak tackles Ali to the ground. He begins to beat him down whilst Ali attempts to fight back. The Submission Specialist then locks Ali in the Gu-Lock- as Ali is in intense pain with nowhere to go. Gulak then eventually lets go, as he then picks up a sign that he left on the apron. Gulak then raises the sign in the air, as it reveals to say "Save The Planet" with Phillips questioning whether Gulak is now in allegiance with Daniel Bryan & Rowan!!

>>COMMERCIAL<<

Match 5. Randy Orton vs. Shelton Benjamin - Winner faces Kofi Kingston for the WWE Championship at Unforgiven

The main event of the night proves to be the best match on the card, as we have seen Benjamin & Orton take each other to their limits for 12 minutes so far. We see the finish occurring when Orton on the top rope- ready to launch towards Benjamin... but Benjamin rushes over to Orton... PAYDIRT FROM THE TOP ROPE!!! Benjamin then goes for the cover... and he retains his championship opportunity!!

Winner and facing the WWE Champion at Unforgiven: Shelton Benjamin

London responds with a mixed reaction, but there are definitely a lot of cheers for Benjamin's win- as the referee attempts to raise his hand, only to shove the referee away...

NEW DAY, NEW WAY

The music of the WWE Champion blasts on the PA system as Kofi Kingston makes his way to the ring. He enters the ring, as the two men then go face to face - being 5cm away from each other. Benjamin begins to smirk, as Kofi then raises his WWE title in Benjamin's face.

Benjamin then laughs it off as Saxton points out that Benjamin is as confident as ever after beating Orton tonight. Phillips then hypes up how Kofi & Shelton will have a confrontation next week to close the go-home show of SmackDown Live!

The cameras then go backstage before the show ends, as we see Dolph Ziggler watching the television monitor. The Show-Off then walks away from the monitor with a grin on his face, until he looks over to the other side to reveal an angry rival standing in front of him...

IT'S ROMAN REIGNS!!!

London can be heard erupting with the biggest pop of the night as Reigns begins to look furiously towards Ziggler...

AND ZIGGLER HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO RUN!!!

Ziggler begins to sprint with pace, as Reigns chases after him in the backstage area. The Show-Off looks as if he has seen a ghost, as the chase occurs in front of many wrestlers and officials.

However, Ziggler then slips as he falls to the ground! Reigns then looks over him again, as Ziggler has nowhere to go!

"Not a tough guy now, are you?!" - Roman Reigns

The Big Dog picks Ziggler up as he is ready to attack him - before officials are forced to intervene. They tell Reigns that he must get off Ziggler as Reigns refuses to... but that distraction is enough time for Ziggler to run away from the scene once again - as he rushes through the exit door of the O2 Arena - with officials holding Reigns back as the show comes to an end.

Last edited by Skengman95; 10-08-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Indy Talent

Status

RAW

I'm all for starting with a match, and ACH winning on the debut is logical. I like the cry I short write up, yet doing enough to get a tidbit of a story in, like the debut and trying to rebound from the loss. Really just curious how you're going to handle all the debuts you seen to be having even your roster is already so bloated.

While this segment is obviously building to something, making it necessary, it was very cringe worthy for me, the dialogue. The Usos had no real slang or diction until the end as well. This is by far a huge area of improvement for you guys, from what I've read so far (the shows since MITB, and I also skimmed that): the promo writing and dialogue is very bland. Guys lack their right diction and verbage, giving them no voice and no one really ever sounds unique. It all comes off very bland, and/or basic in terms of writing. You want to make the characters sound like characters.

I like both the all around nice guy pure hearted Rey Mysterio stuff, and the seemingly slow burn eventual turn with Rollins as he becomes more arrogant. That's fun stuff. If you're going use the hyphen/dash, you probably should use it as a hyphen/dash, and put a space between the words when you do so. You were using it as a comma a lot here. And of one my biggest pet peeves I see in your dialogue writing. Don't have them say MITB or PPV! No one actually says that! You use the acronyms when it's not actual dialogue, but when you're using quotes, long hand it out. It's just basic writing move 101 there.

Kevin and Zayn as a team again makes sense with such a bloated roster, but being faces, you're going to have to find something better than the pretty lame shtick they used last week about the Owens and Zayn show. Give them a voice and purpose.

Ricochet promo was simple, solid, and served its purpose. Job well done.

I'm definitely curious with the direction you're taking with Harper and the 24/7 title. It's very much a comedy belt, no matter how you spin it, when it's 24/7. That's why it was made that way. You're trying to book it, and Harper, serious so far, so it's been a bit of a clash. While Harper would be more over in England I feel like than America, I think you completely over sold the crowd's reaction to him, and the Bulldozer chant definitely sounds like a three part chant, not two. Bull-Doe-Zer. Just to give advice for the future. A Rhino pin non-pin is a fun hook.

I like the stall tactic here with Mickie and Becky, slow playing an exchange between the two of them. Definitely nice to see a real British chant and involvement going on finally in the show - I was waiting for that throughout until now - although I definitely can't help but feel like picking the most veteran woman on the roster as the choice for this chant made, well, any sense at all.

While I'm all for the short match write ups (I love them myself haha), if you're going to push my man Gable, you'll have to give him some sort of gimmick or edge since you're not getting anyone over on a weekly basis with the match writing. I say this because I want to see Gable get pushed haha

I get how you're bringing Goldberg in because it's a WCW PPV and all, but this just all feels like blowing your load too soon. Yes, Cesaro won MITB, but let's be real here: here's a guy who not only 6 weeks ago was in a glorified filler tag match at Mania. Cesaro needs a whole lot more build and hype to him for Goldberg to honestly want to have a match with Cesaro, and Cesaro needs a whole lot more build to even DESERVE a match with Goldberg. Now, I could buy this at SummerSlam after a few months of build, but this is just too short sighted for me. I also genuinely laughed at The Myth nickname; it makes him sound like a fake or scam, not anything imposing.

I again like the use of Seven for the home crowd, and giving him a good run out in a loss against Cesaro hurts him not one bit. I definitely think that the motive Cesaro tried to give Goldberg was incredibly flat, and really had no basis to it, which took a program I'm already not into, and lowered it. The promo was a miss for be I.

Oof, no. No no no. Why pair Corbin and Lashley up together? That was a brutal pairing that just killed all the heat ever when it was those guys and Ziggler. That happened, right? Or was it other heatless yups? Either way, that's a pretty brutal pairing right there!

Steph just brushing off the history was okay, but it would've been so much better for multiple reasons if she talks about how that curries favor with her since she hates Shane. Also just another way to make her still be a bitch. Making Ryder/Hawkins the team they have to go through, when just having a segment about how their losing and such, really doesn't make any sense, yeah?

I'm all for McIntyre doing that attack, but Rey still competing. Probably could've done a wee bit more in that match to solidify that underdog moment with Rey, but no huge deal. I'm enjoying his booking though.

The ending fell very flat for me. Rollins making one quick comment that really wasn't too degrading about Matt Hardy getting this response is just too rushed. It lacks plausibility, too forced. I totally get wanting to do something to make the title program have something more personal to it, but you either needed a new angle, or give this another week of subtle shots to let it kick off.

Overall, the biggest strengths for me are the layout and easiness to read. I'm loving the short match write ups. The promos definitely need work, both in the dialogue, and I think tweaking the format would help you. I'm all for a half recap style half quotes style, but the recap parts you are still writing like it's a quote at times instead of recap, which I think is rather jarring. However, the presentation is such a huge strength for you guys that it makes it easy to come back for more. Definitely a lot of ways to improve though, and a lot of it is done through just time and consistency with writing the thread, honestly, which I think is a very good thing for you.

I'll be back with SD later in the week probably!

What's Gwarning!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom-E View Post
    RAW

I'm all for starting with a match, and ACH winning on the debut is logical. I like the cry I short write up, yet doing enough to get a tidbit of a story in, like the debut and trying to rebound from the loss. Really just curious how you're going to handle all the debuts you seen to be having even your roster is already so bloated.

While this segment is obviously building to something, making it necessary, it was very cringe worthy for me, the dialogue. The Usos had no real slang or diction until the end as well. This is by far a huge area of improvement for you guys, from what I've read so far (the shows since MITB, and I also skimmed that): the promo writing and dialogue is very bland. Guys lack their right diction and verbage, giving them no voice and no one really ever sounds unique. It all comes off very bland, and/or basic in terms of writing. You want to make the characters sound like characters.

I like both the all around nice guy pure hearted Rey Mysterio stuff, and the seemingly slow burn eventual turn with Rollins as he becomes more arrogant. That's fun stuff. If you're going use the hyphen/dash, you probably should use it as a hyphen/dash, and put a space between the words when you do so. You were using it as a comma a lot here. And of one my biggest pet peeves I see in your dialogue writing. Don't have them say MITB or PPV! No one actually says that! You use the acronyms when it's not actual dialogue, but when you're using quotes, long hand it out. It's just basic writing move 101 there.

Kevin and Zayn as a team again makes sense with such a bloated roster, but being faces, you're going to have to find something better than the pretty lame shtick they used last week about the Owens and Zayn show. Give them a voice and purpose.

Ricochet promo was simple, solid, and served its purpose. Job well done.

I'm definitely curious with the direction you're taking with Harper and the 24/7 title. It's very much a comedy belt, no matter how you spin it, when it's 24/7. That's why it was made that way. You're trying to book it, and Harper, serious so far, so it's been a bit of a clash. While Harper would be more over in England I feel like than America, I think you completely over sold the crowd's reaction to him, and the Bulldozer chant definitely sounds like a three part chant, not two. Bull-Doe-Zer. Just to give advice for the future. A Rhino pin non-pin is a fun hook.

I like the stall tactic here with Mickie and Becky, slow playing an exchange between the two of them. Definitely nice to see a real British chant and involvement going on finally in the show - I was waiting for that throughout until now - although I definitely can't help but feel like picking the most veteran woman on the roster as the choice for this chant made, well, any sense at all.

While I'm all for the short match write ups (I love them myself haha), if you're going to push my man Gable, you'll have to give him some sort of gimmick or edge since you're not getting anyone over on a weekly basis with the match writing. I say this because I want to see Gable get pushed haha

I get how you're bringing Goldberg in because it's a WCW PPV and all, but this just all feels like blowing your load too soon. Yes, Cesaro won MITB, but let's be real here: here's a guy who not only 6 weeks ago was in a glorified filler tag match at Mania. Cesaro needs a whole lot more build and hype to him for Goldberg to honestly want to have a match with Cesaro, and Cesaro needs a whole lot more build to even DESERVE a match with Goldberg. Now, I could buy this at SummerSlam after a few months of build, but this is just too short sighted for me. I also genuinely laughed at The Myth nickname; it makes him sound like a fake or scam, not anything imposing.

I again like the use of Seven for the home crowd, and giving him a good run out in a loss against Cesaro hurts him not one bit. I definitely think that the motive Cesaro tried to give Goldberg was incredibly flat, and really had no basis to it, which took a program I'm already not into, and lowered it. The promo was a miss for be I.

Oof, no. No no no. Why pair Corbin and Lashley up together? That was a brutal pairing that just killed all the heat ever when it was those guys and Ziggler. That happened, right? Or was it other heatless yups? Either way, that's a pretty brutal pairing right there!

Steph just brushing off the history was okay, but it would've been so much better for multiple reasons if she talks about how that curries favor with her since she hates Shane. Also just another way to make her still be a bitch. Making Ryder/Hawkins the team they have to go through, when just having a segment about how their losing and such, really doesn't make any sense, yeah?

I'm all for McIntyre doing that attack, but Rey still competing. Probably could've done a wee bit more in that match to solidify that underdog moment with Rey, but no huge deal. I'm enjoying his booking though.

The ending fell very flat for me. Rollins making one quick comment that really wasn't too degrading about Matt Hardy getting this response is just too rushed. It lacks plausibility, too forced. I totally get wanting to do something to make the title program have something more personal to it, but you either needed a new angle, or give this another week of subtle shots to let it kick off.

Overall, the biggest strengths for me are the layout and easiness to read. I'm loving the short match write ups. The promos definitely need work, both in the dialogue, and I think tweaking the format would help you. I'm all for a half recap style half quotes style, but the recap parts you are still writing like it's a quote at times instead of recap, which I think is rather jarring. However, the presentation is such a huge strength for you guys that it makes it easy to come back for more. Definitely a lot of ways to improve though, and a lot of it is done through just time and consistency with writing the thread, honestly, which I think is a very good thing for you.

I'll be back with SD later in the week probably!
    Great review! Gonna try and respond to most of it lol.

I see what you mean with The Usos, but I did use the word "y'all" if that even counts as informal. My thinking behind this segment was that it's simply slow character building for the babyface tag teams which I think they need. I didn't wanna make it complex for the sake of it being complex. It needed to be simple so that it can burn a little more. I get that this segment was out of character for The Usos, but I felt like it needed to be done to make Hawkins feel like he and Ryder don't need advice with The Usos basically looking down on them.

The Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn show line won't be a regular thing or a catchphrase, it was meant to show that despite being faces - I didn't want them to ignore their history from being a heel tag team where they terrorised. This also explains the segment I did with them on the past Raw, as this is another slow build.

With the Ricochet promo - I feel like that's the best way to give these characters purpose. This is what I'm planning to do for a lot of characters, but it has to come slowly as I don't wanna have 10+ video packages on one show lol. Still a lot of work to do.

With the chant... it was more because Mickie is a heel character - and the whole point of "Who Are Ya?" doesn't make sense, you're right... but I did it that way so it can tie into Mickie's reasoning which has yet to come.

I understand why you're not into the Goldberg/Cesaro feud. It was a risky move from me, but you'll have to see it unfold to see why I did it. I didn't want Goldberg to return and feud with any ol' superstar like Ziggler or anybody else. I'm also trying to make things more realistic with Cesaro, so I wouldn't have him cut a long promo - but make it more simple whilst getting the key factors out there. There are 2 weeks left of this build up, hopefully next week's plans will redeem that. Cesaro has a lot of momentum in my eyes, gaining wins before MITB and the MITB match itself.

I haven't paired Lashley & Corbin up together permanently man, I want the focus on Lashley/Styles, Corbin is just a side-addition for this story. I'm not a big fan of him at all LOL.

With Ryder/Hawkins having to face Owens & Zayn- it's to give them another chance since they are the former champions, and to add to that storyline I've got going for them. The Rollins/Jeff situation might look a bit tricky - but it's mostly to do with the fact that Seth even mentioned his family in the first place in a hypocritical way. Again, more to come with this one man!

Thank you for your honest review!! Really appreciate the support, and there are a lot of things that obviously need working on that I will look at. I just wanted to get across how I like to slowly build my feuds, without throwing all my eggs in one basket.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information