Thread: Vice Principals Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Vice Principals Discussion

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party. This was a 2 season show (18 episodes long) starring Danny McBride, Walter Goggins and Georgia King.

To me everyone plays a great role, but Walter Goggins steals the show. I've only seen him in Sons of Anarchy which he was awesome in, which makes me want to watch Justified all the way through which was great.

Here was the trailer

and here's the plot

Vice Principals focuses on ill-tempered, dogmatic, and disliked vice principal of North Jackson High School Neal Gamby (Danny McBride), and his ambitions of being promoted to the principal's chair when the principal is due to step down. However, when the current principal (Bill Murray) retires, he reveals that he trusts neither Gamby nor his scheming and seemingly sociopathic co-vice principal Lee Russell (Walton Goggins), and so has recommended neither of them as his successor; instead, outsider Dr. Belinda Brown (Kimberly Hebert Gregory) is hired. When Gamby's attempt to get the school faculty to veto the appointment backfires (as Brown quickly makes a positive impression on the staff with her goal-oriented agenda and amicability with students), he conspires with Russell to find some way of ruining Brown's reputation and installing himself as principal. The show chronicles the schemers' gradual self-destruction as their own biases and unlikable personalities increasingly alienate Brown and the rest of their co-workers.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Vice Principals Discussion

I couldn't agree with you more about the show. McBride is wonderful in just about everything he's in. Goggins is great, Justified is one of his great roles, but if you haven't seen him in The Shield, you should start there before you get to Justified. His role as Shane Vendrell in The Shield put him on the map as one of the great TV actors.

Status

Re: Vice Principals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Miracle View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more about the show. McBride is wonderful in just about everything he's in. Goggins is great, Justified is one of his great roles, but if you haven't seen him in The Shield, you should start there before you get to Justified. His role as Shane Vendrell in The Shield put him on the map as one of the great TV actors.
    I've totally missed that show too, thanks for reminding me.

Thread Information