Thread: Star Trek: Picard Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Star Trek: Picard Discussion Thread

The first Star Trek: Picard teaser features a retired Jean-Luc Picard

CBS All Access has released a new Star Trek: Picard teaser, featuring a retired Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) as a voiceover questions why the admiral left Starfleet in the first place. Check out the teaser now in the player below!

RELATED: CBS Confirms Star Trek: Picard Title, Screens New Footage

Showrunner Hanelle Culpepper will direct the first two episodes of Star Trek: Picard, the first woman to launch a Star Trek series.

The series also stars Alison Pill (The Newsroom), Harry Treadaway (Mr. Mercedes, Penny Dreadful), and Isa Briones (American Crime Story: Versace), Santiago Cabrera (Salvation), Evan Evagora and Michelle Hurd (Blindspot).

Alex Kurtzman, Star Trek: Discovery showrunner and executive producer for Picard, recently said that the new series is “an extremely different rhythm than Discovery. Discovery is a bullet. Picard is a very contemplative show. It will find a balance between the speed of Discovery and the nature of what Next Gen was, but I believe it will have its own rhythm.

Without revealing too much about it, people have so many questions about Picard and what happened to him, and the idea we get to take time to answer those questions in the wake of the many, many things he’s had to deal with in Next Gen is really exciting. ‘More grounded’ is not the right way to put it, because season 2 of Discovery is also grounded. It will feel more… real-world? If that’s the right way to put it.”

CBS Television Studios will produce the series in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alex Kurtzman, Michael Chabon, Akiva Goldsman, James Duff, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, and Trevor Roth will serve as executive producers.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Star Trek: Picard Discussion Thread

As a huge Trek fan I'm obviously very pumped for this show. Seeing as Picard has indeed left Starfleet and is working in the vineyard, I wonder if it'll tie in with events that took place in the TNG finale. It's not a coincidence that this teaser was released 25 years to the day that episode first aired.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

One of the best decisions I've think I've made in watching Shows is getting into Star Trek. Just like I'm going back into old Kamen Rider Season, I might need to go back and see Picard history. Now I know of Picard, he's like Hulk Hogan whether or not you know Star Trek he's one of the most recognisable Characters in Pop Culture I feel. Discovery I loved, and I think from reading the description it's going to be a tone I'm going to love as well. I look forward to chatting it up with you guys about this Show and I'm sure I'm going to ask alot o questions about history like I did with Discovery.

On Vacation

Status

Be the Captain they remember. One of the things that might hurt me is not knowing Picard's journey in Star Trek before this, but I imagine they'll bring me up to speed. Engage!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I wouldn't make assumptions about them covering Picard's journey to this point in the show. They're probably going the route of Discovery, where they'll reward people that have knowledge of Picard's earlier life with plenty of references but still make it accessible to those who have never seen an episode of TNG. If you really want a crash course on Picard prior to the release of this show, just watch these episodes from TNG...

Encounter at Farpoint
    Conspiracy
    The Measure of a Man
    Yesterday’s Enterprise
    Captain’s Holiday
    Sarek
    The Best of Both Worlds Parts 1 & 2
    Family
    The Drumhead
    Darmok
    Unification Parts 1 & 2
    The Inner Light
    Time’s Arrow Parts 1 & 2
    Chain of Command Parts 1 & 2
    Tapestry
    Starship Mine
    Lessons
    The Chase
    Gambit Parts 1 & 2
    All Good Things…

I'd also suggest the movies Generations and First Contact, to really round things out. That should give you a perfect working knowledge of Picard in time for this show to debut.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Tom Hanks Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Fuji one of the enjoyable things is chatting it up with you about Martial Arts films, and Star Trek lore has been added to that. I didn't really need another Trailer to sell me to watch it, but hey it comes out 7 days before my birthday

On Vacation

Status

Fuji one of the enjoyable things is chatting it up with you about Martial Arts films, and Star Trek lore has been added to that. I didn't really need another Trailer to sell me to watch it, but hey it comes out 7 days before my birthday

Thread Information