Mortal Kombat (2021)

RELEASE DATE: March 5, 2021
    STUDIO: New Line Cinema (Warner Bros.)
    DIRECTOR: Simon McQuoid
    MPAA RATING: N/A
    SCREENWRITERS: Oren Uziel, Dave Callaham, Greg Russo
    STARRING:
    GENRE: Thriller, Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Adventure

Plot Summary: "Mortal Kombat" will follow a male protagonist who becomes drawn into the interdimensional tournament, and who begins to realize his true potential as a result of the experience.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Mortal Kombat (2021)

I have always had a guilty pleasure for the first MK film and still consider the bare bones of the fights one of the best I've seen pound for pound today. I think it lost it's charm in the second film, but their was so much love put into the first film I felt. I felt the same way with Mortal Kombat Conquest a Show that was on done TNT back in the day that never got it's true ending. These guys have been rumored to be apart of the project since 2016 or 2017 and just now they found the plot and direction they want to go with this film. They are going to get plenty of money working with Warner Bros and what better time to make this film than now with the newest Game coming out and do well I'm hearing. I just hope we get plenty of diversity in this film and

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Status

Give me Chris Evans as Johnny Cage or I don't give a shit, Warner Bros

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Give me Chris Evans as Johnny Cage or I don't give a shit, Warner Bros

I was thinking Dave Franco would be a cool Johnny Cage plus gives him a chance to do that smug comic relief I got few more people in mine for cage but I will do a little fan cast.

Cage: Dave Franco
    Liu Kang: Daniel Wu
    Scorpion: Tom Hardy
    Sub Zero: Keanu Reeves
    Sonya Blade: Ronda Rousey
    Katana: Zoe Saldana
    Radian: Ken Watananbe
    Kano: Jason Statham
    Khan: Rory McCann
    Kung Lao: Steven Yuen
    Jax: Mike Colter
    Kabal: Jon Berthal
    Jade: Pyrinka Chopra

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I mean with Evans he could play the Action part, not sure if he could give off that cocky ass attitude to that degree which is why I would love to see Chris Pratt play Johnny Cage. It's one of those things will Warner Bros put known stars and unknowns, because I really want to see top Martial Artist/Action Stars get their spot in the Sun light. Wu^ OMB, I thought Shade and I were the only fans of Into the Badlands which he kicks ass in.

Johnny Cage: Chris Pratt. I mean he is Johnny Cage in Space in Guardians.

Liu Kang: Andrew Koji. Watch a Show called Warrior on Cinemax still going on and I think finishes up Friday. He gives off the hero who will do what is right even if he think it might not be the right one at the time.

Scorpion:Joe Taslim. He is also on Warrior, but was also in the first Raid film and The Night Comes for Us.

Sub Zero: Iko Uwais. Also in the two Raid films, The Night Comes for Us, and Triple Threat. In the Movie The Night Comes for Us, Tasim and Uwais's Characters were best friends, who after time has passed are on opposite sides now. If you know the Story of Sub Zero and Scorpion they were friends as kids, becoming rivals after Sub Zero's Clan was blame for Scorpion's family being killed.

Katana: Julie Estelle. One of my favorite female Action Stars going right now. She is amazing in The Night Comes for Us, and some of you might forget she was the blind girl in the second Raid film.

Raiden: Keanu Reeves. He can kick ass and give wisdom to the younger team saving the World.

Kano: Scott Adkins

Khan: Batista because why not. GIVE ME WHAT I WANT!

Kung Lao: Daniel Wu. He gives off a vibe of a guy perfect for this role. Whether or not you want to go that he is the old Kung Lao, or the reincarnated Kung Lao.

Jax: Mike Colter

Kabal: Yeah Jon Berthal for Kabal or even Kano.

Mileena: Olivia Cheng. She was in Deadly Class, Warrior, Arrow, The Flash, just to name a few. She gives off that beautiful, and if you fuck with her she could eat you alive vibe too.

Sonya Blade: Amy Johnston. She has been a Stuntmen in plenty of films including the Deadpool Films, Dragon Ball Z: Light of Hope, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Lady Bloodfight

Old Shang Tsung: Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
    Young aka when he uses his Magic/Witchcraft: Hiroyuki Sanada. The Last Samurai, 47 Ronin.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1222984

Well I made my Wish List that Joe Taslim would play Scorpion, but he's now locked in as Sub Zero. For you not knowing this talented guy watch The Night Comes for Us tonight. Getting Taslim tells me how they want to go with this getting legit Martial Artist who can act as well. Can't wait to see how the rest of the team shapes up.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...anger-ludi-lin
    https://movieweb.com/mortal-kombat-r...sisi-stringer/

Casting for the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie has gathered pace.

Ludi Lin, who played Zack in the 2017 Power Rangers reboot as well as Murk in Aquaman, is Liu Kang.

Lin, who also played Lance in that episode of Black Mirror that was about virtual reality sex and, improbably, Street Fighter, took to Twitter to say he's well up for playing Kang in the new Mortal Kombat movie, and tipped his hat to actor Robin Shou, who played Liu Kang in the wonderful 1995 Mortal Kombat movie.
    Mortal Kombat is starting to take shape. It was announced today that James Wan and crew have found their Jax, Raiden, and Mileena actors. They are preparing for the fight of a lifetime. It was revealed earlier today that Ludi Lin is in talks to play Liu Kang, who was one of the original seven characters from the video game franchise. Kang was also portrayed in both big screen adaptations in the 1990s. Actor Robin Shou played the part of the martial arts master in the aforementioned installments.

Supergirl actor Mehcad Brooks, Thor: Ragnarok actor Tadanobu Asano, and newcomer Sisi Stringer are all in talks to join Mortal Kombat. Brooks is in negotiations to portray Jackson "Jax" Briggs, Stringer is Mileena, and Asano is taking on the role of Raiden, the Japanese god of thunder. These are all huge castings and could throw this movie over the top, which is more than likely what fans are looking for in this new adaptation. New Line is reportedly looking for a diverse cast to reflect the "global nature of the franchise." Joe Taslim is playing Sub-Zero in the movie, which was announced earlier this year.

Mortal Kombat writer Greg Russo recently commented on the hard R-rating, noting that the movie will certainly earn it. Not only that, when asked if the adaptation was going to be accurate to the iconic game franchise, he said, "Game accurate? Yes, we are... I can say for sure that the fatalities that we're gonna put into the film are from the game." The addition of fatalities in the Mortal Kombat movie is something that fans were very excited to learn about since they are one of the most popular aspects of the game. Russo added, "it will feel awesome and badass, but it's going to play a role, you know, it's not just going to be there just to be showy."

Details about James Wan's Mortal Kombat are being kept under wraps at the moment, which is working in the project's favor. Wan knows how to keep fans engaged and won't let any promotional material out until he feels it's absolutely ready to be seen by the fans. This is already setting up some hype for the long-awaited movie and the new castings will go a long way in adding even more excitement for it.

The new Mortal Kombat is scheduled to hit theaters on March 5th, 2021 and production is expected to start at the beginning of next year. First-time director Simon McQuoid is at the helm and working off of a script written by Greg Russo. The project is being produced by James Wan and Todd Garner. Hopefully some more news will drop soon, but today has been a good day for fans who have been waiting a long time for more updates. The Hollywood Reporter was the first to announce the latest Mortal Kombat casting news.
    Casting News is always huge news. Ludi Lin getting to be Kang is a big role. The Rangers reboot I remember thinking about the rest of the Rangers and him being kinda bland compared to the others. Like I knew the rest, but he was someone I feel needed more time to see and understand more. I never watched Black Mirror, but I'm sure he'll eat up this role. Out of the other three Actors Asano playing Raiden I know being in Thor franchise and I remember him I might need to see more work from the guy though.

Real Women of Genius

Ole!

Status

My picks for a couple of the characters;

Jax - Terry Crews

Shang Tsung or Raiden - Benedict Wong

BIG KAIJU~

Status

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...e-kano-1234513

New Line's Mortal Kombat movie has found two of its heaviest hitters.

The Meg actress Jessica McNamee is in final negotiations to play Sonya Blade, while Aussie actor Josh Lawson has closed a deal to play Kano. Also in final negotiations to play an undisclosed lead character is Wu Assassins and Deadpool 2 actor Lewis Tan.

While the plot of the film remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

Blade, general of Earthrealm Special Forces, was the first female character introduced in video game franchise, and has a long-standing feud with Kano, a member of the Black Dragon clan.

McNamee, Lawson and Tan will join previously announced stars Joe Taslim, who is on board as Sub-Zero; Mehcad Brooks, playing Jackson ‘"Jax" Briggs; and Ludi Lin as Liu Kang, among others.

Mortal Kombat is set for a March 5, 2021, release.

First released in 1992, Mortal Kombat has sold over 49 million copies, spanning over a dozen canon games and expansions, making it one of the most profitable video game franchises of all time. Mortal Kombat 11 was released in April and has become the most successful launch in franchise history, with the game currently the best-selling title of 2019.

Mortal Kombat, which is set to shoot later this year in southern Australia, is being executive produced by Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Sean Robins.

The game was previously adapted into a movie in 1995 by director Paul W. S. Anderson that went on to gross an impressive $122 million at the worldwide box office. It was followed by 1997's Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

McNamee, repped by Atlas Artists, Independent Management Company and Stone Genow, is also known for her role in Battle of the Sexes and the Australian series Packed to the Rafters.

Lawson, repped by UTA, Silver Lining, Lisa Mann Creative Management and Jackoway Austen, will next be seen playing James Murdoch in Jay Roach's Bombshell, and has been seen on such series as Superstore and House of Lies. He received an Oscar nomination in 2018 for the short film The Eleven O'Clock, which he co-wrote and starred in.

Tan, who is repped by Gersh, Luber Roklin and attorney Patrick Knapp, is also known for his role on AMC's Into the Badlands and Netflix's Marvel series Iron Fist.
    So we might be locking in our Sonya Blade and Kano, but I'm happy a fuck for Lewis Tan. He was great in Into the Badlands and Wu Assassins, and my guess is he's playing Kung Lao maybe?

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The “plot” is unknown. Let me take a crack at it...

“A series of chance encounters brings together a band of heroic outsiders who join forces to combat a mystical soul stealing wizard and his henchmen.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    The “plot” is unknown. Let me take a crack at it...

“A series of chance encounters brings together a band of heroic outsiders who join forces to combat a mystical soul stealing wizard and his henchmen.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You forgot about the tournament, which is the biggest part of the plot.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    You forgot about the tournament, which is the biggest part of the plot.
    It mentions that part in the OP, so I didn't really feel it necessary to add in.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...da-1203315673/

New Line continues to ramp up its pre-production on its “Mortal Kombat” reboot, tapping Chin Han to play Shang Tsung and Hiroyuki Sanada to play Scorpion.

The two join Joe Taslim (Sub Zero), Ludi Lin (Liu Kang), Jessica McNamee (Sonya Blade), Josh Lawson (Kano), Tadanobu Asano (Raiden), Mehcad Brooks (Jackson “Jax” Bridges), Sisi Stringer (Mileena) and Lewis Tan.

While the plot of the film remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

Shang Tsu is one of the few original “Mortal Kombat” characters, having debuted in the first “Mortal Kombat” arcade game as the final boss. Shang Tsung is a powerful evil warlock and shapeshifter who absorbs the souls of those he defeats in order to maintain his youth and power. As the great sorcerer of the Outworld, Shang Tsung wants Earth defeated so he can build an empire. He is the arch-nemesis to Liu Kang, who will be portrayed by Ludi Lin. In the original pic, he was played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

RELATED
    'The Raid's' Joe Taslim to Star in 'Mortal Kombat' for New Line
    Ludi Lin in Talks to Play Liu Kang in New Line's 'Mortal Kombat' (EXCLUSIVE)
    As for Scorpion, another classic character from the original Midway game, the antihero was an undead ninja warrior seeking revenge for the person who killed him.

“Mortal Kombat” is set for a March 5, 2021, release.

First released in 1992, “Mortal Kombat” has sold over 49 million copies, spanning over a dozen canon games and expansions. “Mortal Kombat 11” was released in April and is currently the best-selling title of 2019.

The movie is being executive produced by Larry Kasanoff, E. Bennett Walsh, Michael Clear and Jeremy Stein.

Best known for starring opposite Christian Bale in “The Dark Knight,” Han was most recently seen starring with Dwayne Johnson in “Skyscraper.” His other recent work includes Roland Emmerich’s “Independence Day: Resurgence,” Netflix’s “Marco Polo” and Rupert Sanders’ “Ghost in the Shell.” He is repped by CAA, the Van Johnson Company and Echelon Talent Management, Inc. and Derek Kroeger of Myman Greenspan Fox Rosenberg Mobasser Younger & Light.

Sanada most recently appeared in “Avengers: Endgame” and will next be seen in Zack Snyder’s “Army of the Dead,” “Minamata” and the upcoming season of “Westworld.” His other credits include “The Wolverine,” “Rush Hour 3” and “Sunshine.” He is repped by Lighthouse Entertainment and CAA and attorney Kelly Crabb.
    Shang Tsung and Scorpion have been cast. Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion YES PLEASE!

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information