Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

NXT Takeover Special NXT TakeOver: XXV Card & Discussion

---

NXT Championship
    Johnny Gargano (c) vs Adam Cole

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Had it been a singles match at NXT TakeOver: New York, Adam Cole would be the NXT Champion. But with the way the stars aligned over Barclays Center that night, it was Johnny Gargano who seized two falls to win the coveted crown in their 2-out-of-3 Falls classic. At NXT TakeOver: XXV, the two lionhearted Superstars have an opportunity to either correct or solidify history when they return to the squared circle with NXT’s top prize on the line.

The Undisputed ERA leader has often cited his pinfall over Gargano in the first 15 minutes of their bout as the reason he deserves a rematch against the champion. “I pinned him first,” he recently told WWE.com in an exclusive interview. “I did it by myself and in about 15 minutes.” Acknowledging that the title around his waist puts him squarely in The Undisputed ERA’s crosshairs, Gargano convinced NXT General Manager William Regal to approve a championship match between him and Cole at TakeOver: XXV.

For the NXT Champion, this battle will be all about protecting his reign. For Cole, as told to WWE.com, it’s about proving why he was “born to be the NXT Champion.” It will be “go big or go home” when these bitter adversaries battle it out in this much-anticipated rematch.

Will it be “wins and championships” once again for Gargano, or will Cole see his golden prophecy realized? Find out at NXT TakeOver: XXV, streaming live Saturday, June 1, on the award-winning WWE Network!
    ---

NXT Women's Championship
    Shanya Baszler (c) vs Io Shiari

After being pushed past her breaking point by NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler, Io Shirai will have her chance to hit The Queen of Spades where it hurts the most when she challenges for Baszler’s title at TakeOver: XXV.

Baszler and her Horsewomen cohorts, Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir, have targeted Shirai for weeks, going to great lengths to inflict pain and misery. They forced Shirai to watch helplessly as Baszler ruthlessly beat down her best friend, Kairi Sane. The Horsewomen also ambushed The Genius of the Sky backstage, wrecking her in a three-on-one attack. Through it all, Baszler has worn a confident sneer on her face and crowed about having no worthy competition.

Although The Submission Magician has been nothing short of dominant in NXT — ranking only behind Asuka for total days as champion — she isn’t invincible. In February, Shirai became the third woman in NXT history to pin Baszler’s shoulders to the mat, a feat that is surely a point of contention for the dangerously proud Baszler. More recently, Shirai even stole a play from Baszler’s book, blitzing the champion in a retaliatory attack at the WWE Performance Center.

With the NXT Women’s Title on the line and plenty of animosity in play, Baszler vs. Shirai has the makings of a barnburner, but who will leave as the champion? Tune in to witness the outcome firsthand when TakeOver: XXV streams live Saturday, June 1, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.
    ---

NXT Tag Team Championships
    Ladder Match
    Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Undisputed Era vs Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

New NXT Tag Team Champions will be crowned at TakeOver: XXV when The Street Profits, Undisputed ERA, The Forgotten Sons and Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan collide in a four-team Ladder Match.

The titles, which were vacated after The Viking Raiders’ May 15 final defense against The Street Profits ended without a decisive victor, will hang high over the ring at TakeOver: XXV. The first team to scale a ladder and retrieve the coveted titles will be declared the winners and new champions.

Putting these four duos in one match with the NXT Tag Team Titles on the line would be a recipe for carnage under any circumstance. Yet, the addition of steel ladders raises the danger level significantly. Not only can Superstars use the ladders as a means of reaching the titles, but the ladders will also be perfectly legal to use as weapons. That’s a scary predicament considering who’s involved and what’s at stake.

The Forgotten Sons’ Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler are ruffians through and through, who believe they’ve been overlooked for big opportunities for far too long. Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford came closer than anybody to dethroning The Viking Raiders, and they did so on multiple occasions. Brit-Am brawlers Burch & Lorcan have been perennial contenders almost since their formation as a unit, and like the Profits, they know what it’s like to come within inches of capturing the titles, only to be denied. Then there’s Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly, the most experienced tandem and only former NXT Tag Team Champions in the match. With The Undisputed ERA promising that they’d all be draped in championship gold in 2019, Fish & O’Reilly will be laser-focused on reclaiming the titles.

Which team will ascend to greatness and enter the record books as the new NXT Tag Team Champions? Tune in to find out when NXT TakeOver: XXV streams live Saturday, June 1, at 7 ET/4 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.
    ---

NXT North American Championship
    Velveteen Dream (c) vs Tyler Breeze

At NXT TakeOver: XXV, the NXT Universe will witness the battle for the spotlight when NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream faces Tyler Breeze. The much-anticipated encounter marks not only Breeze’s first TakeOver match since 2015, but also his first time facing off against the spotlight-bearing Dream.

The clash between these supernovas was precipitated by Breeze’s jaw-dropping return to the black-and-gold brand, which saw him confront the champion. After suggesting that “wannabes” have filled the void left by his NXT departure, Prince Pretty challenged Dream to an NXT North American Championship Match. When the purple provocateur brushed off the challenge, Breeze attacked the champion during a selfie-gone-wrong, making a match at NXT TakeOver: XXV an absolute necessity.

Though Breeze made a name for himself on NXT as the headline-grabbing Sultan of Selfies, Dream is the brand’s walking circuit breaker, with the NXT North American Championship being his illuminated marquee. In this high-demand clash, who will be the one to command the spotlight when it’s all said and done?

Tune in to witness this must-see battle when NXT TakeOver: XXV streams live on the award-winning WWE Network on Saturday, June 1, at 7 ET/4 PT.
    ---

Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong

After Roderick Strong injured him during a backstage attack, Matt Riddle will get his chance to return the favor when he battles The Messiah of the Backbreaker one-on-one at NXT TakeOver: XXV.

Strong took out The Original Bro on the May 15 edition of NXT. The ambush was Strong’s twisted way of extending an olive branch to Undisputed ERA teammate Adam Cole. Riddle had become a thorn in the Undisputed ERA’s side just as the infighting between Cole and Strong threatened to dismantle the group, but after Strong’s beatdown of Riddle, Cole welcomed him back with open arms.

Although the tactic curried favor with the Undisputed ERA captain, it also stoked the animus between Strong and the normally unflappable Original Bro. Riddle has been red-hot since coming to NXT, even notching a victory over Cole in recent weeks, but his impending TakeOver showdown will be less about climbing the ranks and more about settling a vendetta. Will The Original Bro score payback, or will Strong get the last laugh now that Undisputed ERA’s house is once again in order?

Tune in to see this heated grudge match when NXT TakeOver: XXV streams live Saturday, June 1, at 7 ET/4 PT on the award-winning WWE Network.
    More matches will be added to the preview as they are announced. Credit to Necro for finding the poster.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 05-31-2019 at 02:10 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: NXT TakeOver: XXV

looking forward to shayna vs io, feels like a good time to make a title switch and bump shayna up to main show also

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Shayna vs Io has the makings to be the best women's match in NXT history if it delivers to its potential. I'll settle for something worth watching though.

Based on NXT TV, I'm really not sure how to card will turn out. They built up a Riddle vs Cole TakeOver match but they are going to another Cole/Gagrano match which is ugh on its own. If we get another Riddle vs Dream match thrown together last minute, I'd be happy.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    looking forward to shayna vs io, feels like a good time to make a title switch and bump shayna up to main show also
    I dont think so yet. Baszler vs. Mia and Baszler vs. Ivelisse gonna be huge. I see her dropping title to one of those

Also I am pumped for Cole vs. Gargano they killed it once already the second should be good too. Plus the Roddy stuff adds a twist.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Spoiler:

spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    I think anyway

Velveteen Dream vs Breeze is an interesting match. Unfortunately they couldn't use this chance to give some of the millions of wrestlers in NXT waiting for the spot but I do like Breeze and the appeal of an NXT return is a nice one.

War Raiders not losing to a team was pretty stupid and I really don't see why they did it that way but the Ladder Match should be fun. Ton of good teams although the ladder match can sometimes limit what they can do.

Hail To The King

Status

I really wanna see Oney & Danny win this but I think they might give this too Forgotten Sons (plz no)

Dark horse to win in Street Profits who are very underrated.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

The Planet's Admin

Status

NXT have got to do a better job with transitioning their titles over after call ups; this War Raiders stuff is eerily familiar to when Asuka left the promotion after dominating the division and then they vacate the titles instead of put over the next champions which makes them and the title weaker imo. Considering War Raiders aren't even doing anything on the main roster yet, in what universe would it of hurt them to be involved in this ladder match STILL as champions rather than have 205 Live's Oney teaming up with Burch again for the first time in months (as talented as they are) in the match. If you were booking a 4 way ladder match, surely it would of occurred to you that War Raiders could of dropped the titles here without ever taking a pinfall. The match will be great because this division always delivers, but the title could and should of been more protected here.

Breeze Vs Dream and Riddle Vs Strong are two great additions to the show and I'm really looking forward to them. Io/Shayna I like on paper but I feel like it's going to need a strong go home segment next week to say that I'm super hyped for it.

Cole/Gargano ain't for me.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I think card has shaped up to look awesome, imo. I’m hyped for each match, even Io v Shayna in which I hope Shayna finally drops the title. A lot of potential show stealing matches for sure, Dream v Breeze and the tag team clusterfuck should especially be fun.

I enjoyed Cole v Gargano at the last TakeOver more than most here, and I’m excited for this one. Riddle v Roddy should be a solid technical match.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Riddle vs Strong should be fun. Can't wait for Riddle to have yet another MVP performance of the Takeover shows this year

The Planet's Admin

Status

Just checked and the last time NXT had a two women’s matches on a Takeover was Brooklyn II almost 3 years ago. They have such a deep pool of talent under contract but the way they’ve booked the division and put the focus around just a couple of dominant champions has made the division feel so shallow and dull. I didn’t check but I can’t imagine that title has headlined a show since Takeover Respect in 2015. The revolution seemingly stopped in NXT a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I didn’t check but I can’t imagine that title has headlined a show since Takeover Respect in 2015. The revolution seemingly stopped in NXT a long time ago.
    I did a check and TakeOver Respect was the one and only time that the women main evented a TakeOver. The Tag Titles are equally as unimpressive, only main eventing TakeOver Chicago (Not counting the War Games where the tag champions were in the main event, but didn't defend the title). The NXT Title and Gargano/Ciampa has really dominated TakeOver main events.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just checked and the last time NXT had a two women’s matches on a Takeover was Brooklyn II almost 3 years ago. They have such a deep pool of talent under contract but the way they’ve booked the division and put the focus around just a couple of dominant champions has made the division feel so shallow and dull. I didn’t check but I can’t imagine that title has headlined a show since Takeover Respect in 2015. The revolution seemingly stopped in NXT a long time ago.
    problem is they also now have a really deep tool of male talent signed as well. They could probably bump Dream-Breeze off this card, but the other 3 matches all belong on a TakeOver.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Anyone else see this Roddy swerve coming from a mile away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Booking, mostly

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: NXT TakeOver: XXV Card & Discussion

Haven’t watched any NXT since WrestleMania weekend, but I’ll give this show a watch. Literally had no idea Breeze was back in NXT again until looking at the predictions thread. Glad the Street Profits are getting a chance on a Takeover, and with them, UE & Oney/Burch, that ladder match should be a treat.

Have I missed anything good these last 6-8 weeks?

2019 KING OF BTB TOURNAMENT - SIGN UPS BEGIN JULY

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

On Wrestlemania Weekend, we got the best WWE match of all time, will we see it overtaken tonight? Let's see, baybay.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

My mood right now just hope the Internet at this Motel holds up tonight. Cherry on top tonight if Io beats Shayna and becomes NXT Women's Champion.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Hail To The King

Status

Rooting for Oney & Danny but I think the Street Profits have a shot to shine. Forgotten Sons win I will be sad very sad

Bold Prediction: Breeze wins NA Title
    Last edited by OMB; 06-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

That Breeze/Dream video package is top tier, quality work.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Ciampa's House never forget.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

Is there any chance Roddy doesn’t turn face tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread Information