Thread: ONE Championship 96: Enter The Dragon May 18th - Aoki vs Lee

Status
      Country                    United States

ONE Championship 96: Enter The Dragon May 17th - Aoki vs Lee

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: ONE Championship 96: Enter The Dragon May 18th - Aoki vs Lee

For anyone who has TNT this will be on tonight at 1am Eastern Time.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

The EX-UFC guys aren't faring to well in One. Sage got blasted.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Solid card here but some controversy surrounding it now, get to that in a sec.

Thoughts on the card:

Prelims were pretty fun. Mei did well to claim a title shot, I think. Kehl vs Askerov was really interesting but Kehl was behind for most of the fight. A real shame as I wanted him to progress but Dzhabar looked good at points. Tonon is Tonon. Not surprised at what he did in the slightest. Guy is ridiculously good at BJJ. Naito vs Silva was a good back and forth and decent win for the former champ to take the mini series 2-1. Shame Souwer pulled out but goddamn, Smokin' Jo put an absolute beating on Moisa. He's my favourite to win the tournament now.

Main was also just as good as the prelims. Dej got killed. Absolutely highlight reeled which is a shame. Geje had a decent win as well as Saygid. Surprised Amir lost like that in all honesty. Sage got absolutely smoked but I think most people kinda expected it if I am being honest? I don't know. I think people knew Cosmo was a great striker and Sage is kinda average overall. He had to get the fight down which is a bad thing for him so. But damn, he got pasted. I am super surprised at how easy it was for Sana to beat Yod. That was utterly insane how easy he dispatched of him. Yod is GOATy and he did that with ease. Upset of the year in Kickboxing potentially. I thought Petro won the fight with Petch but... yeah. Holzken got battered but he put up a great fight and some resilience. Regian is a stud and I am looking forward to seeing what more he can do.

Have to laugh at Aoki but commend Lee. A lot of people would have tapped but he didn't and he kept going knowing how easy it'd be to exploit Aoki's standup. Congratulations to him.

---

Regarding Petrosyan-Petchmorrakot...

I thought Petrosyan won but ONE's decision to overturn the result based on the referee is absolutely insane and ridiculous. The excuse that the referee didn't enforce the clinch rule correctly is a load of horseshit. The judges gave their decision, ONE didn't like it and overturned it using a scapegoat. There having to be a rematch is silly and Petch can't participate because he can't train due to undergoing a monkhood. Scandalous stuff.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information