Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WCW 2001 (WCW wins the Monday Night War)

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Re: WCW 2001 (WCW wins the Monday Night War)

Jesus, so many PPV’s to read around these parts at the moment, what a time to be alive. Firstly, a great choice of opener with the Cruiserweights going at it, typical WCW to let them put on a show on the early stages. A real spot fest this one, with so many big time moves involving all three guys, I actually thought you wrote the match really well. All three guys having their issues with each other makes sense, as at the end of the day, they all want the gold. A great opener and I think this finally brings closure to the 3 Count stuff, and if that’s the case, Helms is definitely the right man to lead the Cruiserweight division into the future.

As I’ve mentioned with your previous shows, the hype of the Goldberg return has been put over extremely well. I’m glad to see that continue here, even if it’s as simple as looking at The Berg’s locker room.

So we get out first ECW inspired match of the night, and what better two men to that then RVD and The Sandman. I need to commend you on the use of the PPV set right from the get go and with the finish of the match, creative and brilliant stuff. Feels very of the time period. Again, just a basic ECW match here with spot after spot and no real psychology but that doesn’t make it any less enjoyable. The Rolling Rock onto the ladder was a big time spot, and ending with the Five Star was done well. Again, booking wise, I think the right man went over, and writing wise, the match was a hoot to read. Terrific job.

I’m glad you kept this match shorter as in 2001, I can’t see Bigelow and Douglas putting on a classic. Typical heel stuff from Douglas, attacking Bigelow from behind to start the match. I thought you played off Bigelow’s strength pretty well in the early stages, and it makes sense for such a calculated heel like Douglas to find a body part (the arm) and work on it. The dirty finish was executed nicely as well and I’m all for a Douglas/Candido partnership. I wonder if a Triple Threat will happen with a younger third big man rather than Bigelow? Not sure but either way, whilst this match was always going to be a step below the first two, it did exactly what it needed to. Well booked and the prospect of Douglas and Candido running roughshod together excites me.

Justin Credible’s Cane going missing… Interesting.

Kronik/The Harris Brothers had to be short so smart to keep it that way. I think I gave some feedback that there is too much Hardcore based stuff at the moment, and whilst I stand by that, I have to give you credit for the writing of this. I actually enjoyed the Parking Lot Brawl, with plenty of creative spots included. I think my favourites were the washing of Harris’ face with the wipers, and the fighting in the car, which lead to the burning with the cigarette. Epic. One of The Harris Twins getting locked away so the other can get finished off was a good enough finish as well. Don’t care much for either team, but I thought you absolutely did the best you could here.

More Goldberg hype… See my earlier comments on said topic.

Again, the tag title match was rather enjoyable. Again, a very spotty match and I didn’t necessarily think this one needed to be as match. A solid tag match with a nice isolation period, and a basic formula could have been a good cool down. With that being said, I still enjoyed what I read. Considering the stolen Singapore Cane, I was a little surprised more wasn’t made of that throughout the match (Credible struggling for a finish or finding another weapon), I thought it would have been a nice turning point. I still do appreciate the idea of the champs just not wanting it used in the match. I didn’t expect new champs here tonight but intrigued to see what an Impact Players title reign can bring.

Dustin bringing his family with him is just the type of dramatic thing that this feud needs to keep going. And Corino bad mouthing Dakota to lead to the fiery start to the match was good. Outside of the fiery start from Rhodes, it honestly felt as if some of the hanging spots might have come a bit too soon in the match for Corino. I thought he would have needed to do some more damage to Rhodes first. Outside of that, again some really interesting moments with the Cowbell. The Shattered Dreams with it probably being my favourite, although the screw driver stuff was fairly brutal as well. Terry Funk? Definitely did not expect this. A good way to Corino the win but I wonder if this means a Corino/Funk alliance, or if it’s simply a one night “we hated the Rhodes’” sort of deal. Either way, finish came from nowhere, but tick the box of another match that I enjoyed.

Booker T is fired up to fight Shamrock which makes sense after all the stuff that has gone down with Stevie Ray. Considering Booker’s injury, I thought it was a nice touch to have Stevie try and talk some sense into him. A fine segment to hype the match later on tonight.

Whilst it was just pure, simple heat building, I really dug the Bagwell promo here. Not beating a dead horseman line was epic. Really fun stuff.

Absolute squash. Unexpected but I don’t mind it if Luger and Bagwell are hanging around to not get taken too seriously. Big time return from The Giant, I’m pumped to see what happens with him in this thread.

Double J bragging about Goldberg being scared is a standard heel move. Smart to play this as a one night angle throughout, but we all know The Berg is showing up.

I wasn’t sure what would go down with this Booker/Shamrock match in terms of whether it would be a minor injury to Booker, or a major one… But damn, this was basically a no contest. I like that you still had Booker show some sort of signs of life, but this was all about Shamrock. I’ve enjoyed the booking of him so far, and I’m sure when Booker gets better, this is a great angle waiting to happen. If I have one critique, considering the longish matches and size of the match card, possibly you could have spaced the two squash matches apart, as opposed to having them back to back. Doesn’t feel right in terms of show pacing.

If Slamboree is anything like this show, I’ll be reading…

The Insiders are a class above Steiner and Animal so to me, it makes perfect sense that they would win in relatively quick fashion. A pretty formulaic tag match here, with Steiner and Animal isolating DDP, until Nash came in like a house on fire at the end. No complaints, this was all solid stuff.

Nice to show a Raven appearance, continuing the trend of him showing up in the audience every week.

Jarret promo to lead to the epic Goldberg entrance was done pretty well. Holy crap, another squash. This really is WCW with the undercard delivering, and the main event being short and sharp haha. This was exactly what it needed to be for Goldberg’s return though, even if it was at Jarrett’s expense. Goldberg no selling the guitar shot was obviously the mark out moment, and then the finish. More good stuff for Goldberg here, looking forward to seeing how you book him moving forward. I am also curious to see what happens with Jarrett from here.

Sting promo was pretty standard, nice hype for the main event. If I have a formatting critique, it will be if you’re using the same colour dialogue for different people in promos, space the dialogue out somewhat. A little hard to pick up on when one person is speaking as opposed to the other when it’s all blocked together.

Main event was written very well. I loved the authentic Steiner outbursts in telling the fan to go fuck himself, and stating that Sting ain’t shit, that was awesome. The match itself was pretty simple but I thought you wrote it quite well. Sting making a run for the finish, only for all the interference at the end is a typical ending for this time period. I will comment on the fact that there was a lot of dusty finishes throughout the night, but it suits the time and the company as far as I’m concerned. Anyway, Raven being the difference was a huge moment, which I wouldn’t have expected before the match begun. I thought it was smart you had the earlier collision as it gives Raven a legit reason for attacking Sting. A nice finish to the show, a good win for Steiner, and the prospect of a Sting/Raven feud is exciting as all hell.

For a first up PPV, this was a sensational effort. I mentioned a few little things throughout, but they are all minor. This was a fantastic read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Your weekly shows impressed me, but this took it to a whole new level. I’ll continue to follow, because you’ve set some awesome things into motion. Great job.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Really enjoying this booker bro and I'm excited to read the PPv- So here we go!

Spring Stampede Review:

- Good opening package to set the scene

- Really good opening match and it feels so right to open a WCW PPv with some cruiserweight action! Back and forth and I'm pleased to see Shane Helms retain.

- I liked the little Goldberg tease with the obvious door locker room shot

- Hardcore action up next! Loved this and I've been loving the way you've gone about both Van Dam & The Sandman. Pleased to see RVD retain the Championship but this was a fun showing from both men and the ending was sweet

- So straight into another match and if I'm honest, could have done with a backstage segment or an advert of some kind to break it up a little before the next match. I was less excited for this match then others but it was another good one. Franchise pulling a fast one was cool while Candido's return was good. I kind of hope to see Bam Bam join them which I think will happen and then they become a trio once more.

- Hmmm. Who's stole Credible's cane? Interesting lol.

- As expected- an absolute FIGHT from Kronik & the Harris Brothers in the parking lot. Getting the pin on the hood of the car was a cool touch as well.

- Again, really nice build with Mean Gene awaiting the arrival of Goldberg. Makes his return feel super important and of course, it is.

- And NEW! Tag Team Champions! Impact Players pick up the victory. Didn't mind either way with this to be honest with you.

- A Texas Bullrope Match at Spring Stampede seems so fitting! Corino vs Rhodes next! Really enjoyed this match. Corino taunting Marlena was awesome and Shattered Dreams using the cowbell to nail Corino in the balls was a good use of the match stip- OUCH! Haha! And then Terry Funk, that was awesome! Really enjoyed this. Felt really old school.

- GREAT segment with Mean Gene interviewing Booker and then his Brother- Stevie Ray. It also made Shamrock look like the "Worlds most dangerous man" with Stevie pleading to Brother to call of the match and fight another day. This was really good dude.

- Return of the GIANT! Nice choice. I wasn't expecting him to be Flair's partner and I did wonder if you would go with a WWE guy to debut but I feel like it's smart to bring back the "WCW" guys first and Re-establish them where it makes sense. Wasn't that keen on the match but it's only because the others have been so good and more exciting to me.

- Wow! Shamrock look's a FUCKING BADASS! This finish was super creative as well and it doesn't make Booker look bad or weak at all IMO. Stevie throwing in the towel was a nice booking touch and it sets up a rematch down the line and some tension with his Brother. Good job!

- Again, wasn't so fussed on this match but happy to see the Insiders pick up the victory!

- Raven watching on, seemingly unimpressed.

- The build for this one has been excellent mate. I loved the little taglines and suspense. Jarrett with a nice promo before the match as well and GOLDBERG IS HERE! Needed to be a quick match and it was.. GOLDBERG IS BACK! WHO'S NEXT?!

- Nice interview with the Stinger and Mean Gene. And its SHOWTIME! Main Event is up next. Before I read this match.. I'm really hoping to see Sting pick up the victory and then while he's celebrating in the ring- we get someone like the Rock, Triple H, Shawn, Austin or the Undertaker appear for a face to face. That would be insane!

DAMN YOU RAVEN, DAMN YOU! Haha! Sting had the match won but the Raven turns the tide and cost's him the victory.

So though I would have loved to have seen a BIG reveal- Raven vs Sting will be awesome! And I think you deserve so much credit for not just throwing the big names into the mix and using the ECW guys first and establishing what you have. The way you've booked Shamrock has me so excited for what's to come with others.

Overall - Great show! Only slight minor for me was probably one too many stip/hardcore style matches but I liked them all. I'm loving this BTB bro. I wanted to see this kind of "BTB" for the longest time and got excited when I read you was doing it and it's quickly becoming one of my favourites. Keep it up!

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Spotlight just needs to be on Raven after costing Sting last night so I’m all on board with that.

The Berg is here? Awesome. I personally might have just let Raven have his moment here though, as opposed to hyping somebody else’s arrival as well, felt like it was deserved.

Boy, that feels like a lot of detail for a 5 minute match. A good win for Jason Jett to continue his undefeated streak though. Solid enough stuff.

A nice continuation from last week here with Bigelow attacking his former Triple Threat buddies. This one is still only just beginning, but this was the reaction Bam Bam needed to have after the PPV.

I LOVE everything about the Who Betta than Kanyon challenge, especially the name. Duggan is at least somewhat of a credible opponent, and I’m happy to see the ever entertaining Kanyon get some shine time. Push the man please.

My first real big criticism of the night, and I’m a hypocrite in saying this because my tag division is littered with shit teams… But boy oh boy, really not interested in anymore brawling between Kronik and The Harris Brothers. I guess Vito and Johnny getting involved is something of a new ingredient, but my enthusiasm for this is all but gone. Needs some substance to become interesting again, in my opinion.

Douglas and Candido setting the perfect trap here for Bigelow. More good continuation from earlier, no dramas.

I LOVE when people include things from real life in this thread, gives it a real authentic feel. Sting appearing on Texas Ranger does that, awesome.

The Filthy Animals going over Boogie Nights is fine, they are the better team. A solid match, no doubt. The aftermath with 3 Count attacking is interesting, after they didn’t completely get along last week. Clearly their quest for gold continues, but I’d like to hear from them to see why they are still friends after the PPV. To me, that sort of clarity is important at some point. Konnan making the save makes sense, before the beat down occurs. Heels have the solid outnumber, clearly building something for the mid card here.

Despite Shamrock’s usual awkwardness on the mic, I actually thought this promo was written pretty well. Sounded like he should. I’d love to see more full promos from you as the dialogue I’ve read from you so far has been pretty good.

I really enjoyed this Sandman/Bischoff segment here. Sandman rubbing Bischoff off the wrong way seems like a pretty logical thing to happen. His lack of care for authority and Bischoff’s greed for power creates a perfect scenario. The back and forth here was fine, and Sandman being suspended for a week could be the start of a really interesting angle here. Potential for this one, I’ll be watching this space.

Ken Shamrock is for me, the best booked character in your thread right now. Another strong win, and the brutal aftermath and potentially lining up The Cat as his next victim was all good enough for me. I’m assuming Shamrock will continue to look beastly until Booker T makes his return.

Random as segment here with Totally Buff and DDP but pretty standard for the time period. Buff hitting on Kimberly only to get rejected was pretty funny. The brawl afterwards makes sense as well…

This segment with Funk and Corino from the Double Cross Ranch was bloody brilliant. It makes me wish I did more when I used Funk briefly in ECW. Putting down the Rhodes’ family was great, as was the sadistic line about Dakota’s tears being delicious. The shooting and what not just adds an awesome visual, thought this was altogether brilliant.

Goldberg squash is pretty stock standard but the aftermath is interesting as hell. I didn’t expect a Goldberg/Rhino angle but if you build up Rhino well, this could be bloody brilliant.

I don’t like the booking of Jarrett at all here. Firstly, he loses in 3 minutes and then gets a shot at being the number one contender? Makes zero sense from a credibility perspective. On top of that, he then says Goldberg has a bigger problem in Rhino. Is he calling Rhino a bigger problem than him? Doesn’t seem like something he’d say. Outside of the hype for his match with Flair, this was/is a completely miss for me.

Sting appearing in the crowd behind Raven would have been awesome. I’m all for this feud and this was a nice starting point, can’t wait until they both really start playing some mind games. The most exciting program you currently have.

Flair promo was written in character and did a solid job of hyping the main event.

Main event was good enough and I’m happy Flair got the win, even if it was with a fluke type of pin. I would have judged you harshly had you have given the victory to Jarrett after all the Jarrett stuff I had whinged about previously. Flair/Steiner next week should be fun, which potentially brings up my only other issue with the show, no Steiner. Your champ should be making some type of appearance even if he isn’t booked.

I mentioned a few things throughout but this is still enjoyable and I’m impressed overall. Sting/Raven, Goldberg, Flair/Steiner for next week, still a lot of good stuff here. Looking forward to more.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Good show like the booking of Shamrock he comes off as a legit badass. I dig your writing style everything is clear and well written. Raven vs. Sting cool to see young guys like Daniels get some time on show even if its loss. I love your booking of Sandman it kind of remains me of Austin lil but and the way your setting up his story is great.

Keep up the good work.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Respected bookerman

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Well, I’ve got to say, this has been some pleasant reading for me over the last few days. It’s a different project for sure, and it’s clearly going to get a lot of eyeballs in the section. But thankfully, the actual content has been just as good as the premise. Spring Stampede was a tremendously booked show, and whilst there were probably one too many hardcore type stipulation matches, they all had unique qualities about them to make them all different, so kudos for that. And with it being an 11 match show, on first glance it seems like a lot, but WCW often did overstack PPV’s with 10-12 matches, and you did a decent job of not letting anything run too long.

I do think you’ve rushed bringing in so many new faces in the space of a month, where it’s almost going to get to a point where it’s going to be expected that someone new is going to debut every week. But that aside, I can’t fault the way in which you’ve brought all of these guys in. Ken Shamrock in particular stands out by a country mile as a killer right now, and his demolition of Booker T at Spring Stampede was tremendous. With his shoot fighting gimmick, and the way he’s destroying guys, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an eventual big time showdown between him and Goldberg. He’s been booked to perfection thus far.

And just on Goldberg, his return was handled to perfection too. Built as if we were seeing the biggest star in the business returning, and he sure felt like the biggest star in the world with that return match. A feud between him and Rhyno; Spear versus Gore should be absolutely outstanding, and I think it’s the right idea to get straight into a big feud for Goldberg rather than just reintroducing him with a few weeks of squashes. We got that at Spring Stampede and here against Harris, and this was a perfect follow up.

As others have already pointed out; Raven/Sting is a BTB dream feud. There’s so much you can play with, so much to dig into – expectations will be sky high for this feud though, so I hope you deliver big! Which, actually, I’m confident you will if this first month of content is anything to go by. The thought of Sting appearing in the row behind Raven and the reaction that would’ve gotten would’ve been huge. Great thinking.

My biggest gripe though comes from the most recent show actually, and Jeff Jarrett somehow being given a #1 Contenders match the night after he got dusted inside 5 minutes by Goldberg. And given how stacked your roster is, it’s not like you’re short on potential challengers for the title right now. At least he lost though, and Flair getting a title shot on a Nitro is fine for a rating.

Anyways, just wanted to drop in and basically tell you how good a job you’re doing. You’ve made a big impression in the section in a very short space of time. Keep up the good work!!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:02 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Drifter

Status
      Country                    Philippines

I LOVE THIS!

As I'm reading this, I can't wait for Goldberg vs Rhino and Sting vs Raven sometime down the road.

As for Thunder, the show was good. I like how Jason Jett and Kanyon are getting pushes, DDP basically screwing Bagwell out of a victory, as well as how consistent you present your stories.

I'm Willing to Risk It All

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Opening the show with an awesome match is just such a WCW thing to do so I’m all for it. Enjoying the push for Jett at the moment, and this was another awesome match with AJ involved. A nice write up here and a good win for Jett. I’m intrigued to see how many wins he gets before he gets a proper program, definitely somebody you seem to want to push quite hard.

Segment between the two Cruiserweight teams was good. Whilst nothing generic and a pretty bland reason, I mentioned that we needed to know why 3 Count were back together, and this explained it. We also didn’t need an overly epic reason considering they are lower end Cruiserweights. Confrontation here was fine, only issue is unless it gets announced as official later, these wrestlers have just booked themselves in their own match, and that’s just weird. Surely President or somebody needs to sign off.

Bigelow/Candido would have been fun, especially considering I’m enjoying this angle so far. More of the numbers advantage almost getting the better of Bigelow, leading to his challenge for Nitro all felt like natural progression. No dramas, good stuff.

A random confrontation here between Helms and Totally Buff but not necessarily one I have any issues with. Bagwell and Luger making fun of Helms for being small, but it felt a little to smarky with some of the dialogue. For example, “didn’t you know this business isn’t about having good matches”. Not sure any wrestler would ever say that on TV. That felt off but Helms’ response but taking pride in being a workhorse was pretty good. LOL at the water bottle getting thrown and I assume there will be a match between Buff/Helms next week… Just read the next paragraph, guess that match will be this week lol.

Happy for Kanyon to continue to get wins in this challenge until somebody finally beats him.

A solid enough win for Clark over Mamaluke in what would be an awful match but that’s not the story here. Attack by The Harris Brothers on Vito was actually quite cool, would have made for a nice visual. As much as I don’t like The Harris Brothers, you’ve continued to find ways of making them watchable so far.

Shamrock bullying Ms Jones to send a message to Miller is great. Still enjoying Shamrock above arguably everybody else right now.

Didn’t expect Palumbo and O’Haire to go over their former mates so quickly but I don’t necessarily mind it. Cashing in their rematch at the next PPV should make for a good match. No issues.

Love an out of control Scott Steiner promo. For the most part I enjoyed this, and it would have done well in building heat and pissing off Flair. For example, the lines about his wife, daughter, and Flair liking boys because all the freaks are going for him now were all pretty great. The Donald Trump for President line though… I understand what you were going for but it just didn’t hit. Felt like a cringe worthy line for me.

I guess the Cruiserweight tag match did everything it needed to. Puts over 3 Count as probably the next challengers for the belt, whilst also continuing the issue with Boogie Nights and Romeo/Skipper.

Nice shill job from the commentators for Goldberg/Rhyno and whatever happens next.

Main event would have been solid enough with Helms dragging Buff to a decent one. A good win for Helms though, even if it was thanks to DDP. Good stuff.

A pretty enjoyable episode of Thunder mate. Even though it doesn’t have the same star power as Nitro, you do well at still making Thunder readable. Good job.

Jam Up Guy

Status

I've finally caught up on this over the last few times, and I'm really glad I did. This is a really fun thread and you're right up there as a contender for Newcomer of the Year for me so far. This is a lot of fun, consider me a reader going forward.

The highlight is your booking. Yeah, I know, that's a ridiculously obvious thing to say, but it really stands out. Some threads are good at describing what is going on, some are really good character works, and so on. But this is just a fantastic piece of booking in your key areas.

The big stand out, as I see plenty of others have mentioned, is Shamrock. When he turned up I wasn't really sure if it was a signing that made all that much sense (especially given the WWF literally just went out of business and in theory you have your pick of a few dozen big names), but holy shit your booking of him has just been tremendous. After this review I'm adding it to my awards log, it's that good.

Other things I'm enjoying is the Who Betta Than Kanyon Challenge (such an obvious yet great idea), Corino as King of the Old School aligning with Terry Funk, and the way you handled Goldberg coming back. All of them have been really, really tightly booking. I'm also intrigued by the Sandman stuff.

With all that said, I still think there is an opportunity to slow down a little. The booking, as awesome as it is, can be a little much. There's not a lot of breathing space here. It feels like we've had a dozen new people join in the first month, and it's resulting in smaller and smaller returns each time. It also feels a bit (and I'm a total hypocrite for saying this as I can be guilty of the same thing) every segment ends in some kind of fight or big spot, and there are a lot of run ins, and the PPV probably overdid it on stipulations.

There's so much great stuff going on, but at times the good stuff doesn't land quite as well as it should because there's too much else going on. I think the biggest example of this for me was Rhino taking out Goldberg. I LOVE the idea behind it, and it promises to be a dream match I didn't even know would be a dream match. However, coming straight after Goldberg's return, before a title match, and before Raven's big moment, also following quite a full on card with lots of stips, and after a month of seemingly endless debuts... it just didn't land as it would have done if it was THE big moment of the show. If Rhino was the only debut that month, and felt like the biggest swerve of the show, then you have me bought in to it hook, line and sinker, you know?

But yeah, a very, very promising start here. There's honestly so much to love that the potential is massive. If you can be a bit more patient and tone stuff down, sticking with the guys you have, limiting the "big moments", this will really take off as a top, top tier BTB in my eyes. Keep it up mate, I'll certainly be reading.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Curtain Jerker

Status

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Review Time: So far let me say this welcome to BTB Section and let me say I am a very big fan of this so far now I always wondered how this timeline would go and building back up WCW after the nuke went off there in the end irl.

Scott Steiner is being built strong here as the champion and boy does he have a challange at Slamboree against Giant the real question is will Giant win or will you give a great rub to big poppa pump.

World Tag Team Match could be a sleeper match here given that the two teams are young hungry stars looking to steal the show thinking edge and Christian vs. Hardyz back in the day looking to make a name for themselves.

I never like the Cruiserweight Tag Division I get why they did it but, was never a fan but, that match should be good given its got mysterio Kidman and moore.

I think my fav thing about your btb right now is your building up of Ken Shamrock who I think will be given a huge push and be a WHC someday.

Overall great job man .

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Last edited by Homie D Clown; 12-30-2019 at 09:05 AM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Hey dude, I've continued reading on and this continues to be one of my favourite "bookers" on the forum. I've waited so long for someone to do WCW winning the Monday Night War and you've not let me down. It's been enjoyable! Here's some thoughts while I've got some time and I'm online.

- Really loving how you've portrayed the ECW guys and their involvements. Sandman is a badass and he's come to WCW with the feeling that he really doesn't give a fuck and I'm loving it! Blowing smoke in peoples face, kicking ass and even no showing. Good stuff.

- I liked the Raven promo from the Utah Nitro. I could picture it in my head, good job.

- I was really hoping it would happen and I expected that it would- and it has! Bam Bam Bigelow is back with Candido & Douglas. Wouldn't mind seeing Bam Bam have a monster run with the Hardcore Championship and kick ass.

- SPEAR VS GORE! Really cool. Enjoying this Goldberg vs Rhino feud and excited to see it go down at Slamboree.

- You've build Shamrock like a beast. A real force and he's almost got this like Brock presence already that someone is going to get hurt when they step in his way and I'm enjoying that. It works perfectly for the Worlds Most Dangerous Man!

- GIANT back in the WCW. I'm cool with this, makes sense.

- I have to say I have no real interest in any of the tag teams at the moment or the cruiserweight division stuff which is a shame. Just not resonating with me at the moment and too many of the tag teams just feel.. I don't know, average.

All in all- very enjoyable and Slamboree is shaping up nicely man! Good job!

BRUNO! BRUNO! BRUNO!
    'Portuguese Magnífico'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information